• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
Am I alone in not liking hardback graphic novels? I absolutely refuse to buy them. Don't know why I just prefer paperback, same with books really.

Still, will check out sale :)

Depends on the graphic novels really. I don't go all snobby and buy only hardbacks but if it's the only one available and at a decent price then why not. I do admit that hardback covers for small graphic novels like The Killing Joke looks really silly. Feels like I'm reading a restaurant menu ha. Going hardback for the sack of hardback I suppose.

I'm just going through every page here for the sale.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
What am I, a performing monkey? No, you should amuse me dammit!

monkey_dance.gif

Watchmen hardback is a thing of beauty.

NinjaBoiX

Fuck me, what a morning. I've been putting out fires all over the place, been at work since 7am and haven't stopped. Fucking slacker colleagues leaving shit for me to sort out while they go on their jollies!

Scored major Brownie points with my gaffer though, so there is always that. 3 o'clock finish? 3 o'clock finish. :D

Everyone sounds like they're in good spirits, 'tis Friday after all! Aww yiss.

Screaming Meat, some gifs to amuse:

princess-mary-animateynxpc.gif

1271824064_little-girl-parking-bike.gif

kid-kicking-ball.gif

NXKV4.gif

2009.gif

baby-hula-hoop-fail3xzqd.gif

jed.gif

Cyan, spill the beans. Come on Mysterio!

SKINNER!

Banned
You can steal mine if you want to :)

ha faridmon! You're awesome! You gotta come up to Scotland sometime so we can have lunch and talk politics again :)

Anime!!

My favorite anime is probably Planetes, it's a good hard sci fi story set in the near future about people that pick up litter in near earth orbit. It's very grounded, not at all fantastical, and is absolutely beautiful. And nobody else I've ever met has seen it. Fix that, boys.

Definitely checking that out then. I'm really into cyberpunk stuff so it's obvious that the Ghost in the Shell franchise is my favourite anime. But boy is it difficult talking about it to non-anime folk. Come to think of it, I'm surprised I took it quite maturely when I saw the first film at 15 years old.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely checking that out then. I'm really into cyberpunk stuff so it's obvious that the Ghost in the Shell franchise is my favourite anime. But boy is it difficult talking about it to non-anime folk. Come to think of it, I'm surprised I took it quite maturely when I saw the first film at 15 years old.

Ghost in the Shell is great. Haven't really kept up with anime as much as I did in my yoot, but I've always thought the original Ninja Scrolls, Akira (the wife bought me all the books one Christmas, bless) and OEDO808 was the bee's knees.

I'm doing a rubbish job of lurking. Could you all stop being so damn interesting, please?

xist

Definitely checking that out then.

I'll second that the Planetes anime is great. I wasn't so sure after reading the synopsis but it sucks you in, has a well developed cast and story (that has a relatively satisfying ending...) and a believable world. Ergo Proxy was also pretty good for a Sci-fi anime too.

SKINNER!

Banned
Who in their right mind would ever consider paying a tenner for 24 hour access to Sky Sports?

Used to work for a sports channel and we'd have people calling to pay silly money and get into long contracts for the channel just to watch one game. Most mind-boggling thing was that they'd call like 5 minutes after the game/fight started and we would tell them that we cannot gaurantee that their channel would be activated instantly and that it could take a max of 24 hours...they'd still subscribe! Imagine if it was boxing and the fight finished in the 1st round. Dude, just go to a local bar! wow, people go nuts over sports.

Juicy Bob

Used to work for a sports channel and we'd have people calling to pay silly money and get into long contracts for the channel just to watch one game. Most mind-boggling thing was that they'd call like 5 minutes after the game/fight started and we would tell them that we cannot gaurantee that their channel would be activated instantly and that it could take a max of 24 hours...they'd still subscribe! Imagine if it was boxing and the fight finished in the 1st round. Dude, just go to a local bar! wow, people go nuts over sports.
I can't even bring myself to sign up to Sky just to watch F1 live. And I live for Formula 1.

afoni

Banned
There's one next door to me and I've not been in there to register despite having two problems to deal with, one being with my special area.

Walking it off, init.

Jordan

Oh I see, completely ignore my suggestion then, fine!

You should try and find Tash's bar and go surprise him.

What the fuck? Seriously??

My colleague isn't going and I don't really know all that many people here socially enough to have more than a 5 minute conversation.

I could do that, but I'm leaving there at about 2am and then fucking off home, will probably get in around 3.30/4ish... Then up and at the gym by 10.30am

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I was about to moan about how I'm stuck here for another 2hrs 20mins, then I remembered you've been in work since 7. Swings and roundabouts.

Got some training from 3:30, that should make the afternoon fly by.

Training last thing on a friday? what retard thought that would be a good idea? The very least productive part of the week.

I was going to sneak off early today (right now in fact) but lots of stuff has come up, now all dealt with, but I think I shuold hang out in case there's any blowback. Dealing with our deputy head is well scary, that guy is fuckin ON POINT and if you show even a moment's hesitation he is all over you. Terrifying. I don't want to be out of the office if he calls.

NinjaBoiX

I was about to moan about how I'm stuck here for another 2hrs 20mins, then I remembered you've been in work since 7. Swings and roundabouts.

Got some training from 3:30, that should make the afternoon fly by.
Lol, I'm going to assume this is sarcasm. We have to do the same menial fucking courses every few years, manual handling, asbestos awareness, working at height, all that bollocks, urgh.

But yeah, I deserved an early finish, what a bastard of a day. Call outs, call outs, call outs, I didn't get any of my work done at all. :/ Just drove about 80 miles and put a load of incompetent eejits work right, I'm knackered!

But now I have sun, beer, spliff and tunes. I'm a happy camper!
Training last thing on a friday? what retard thought that would be a good idea? The very least productive part of the week.

I was going to sneak off early today (right now in fact) but lots of stuff has come up, now all dealt with, but I think I shuold hang out in case there's any blowback. Dealing with our deputy head is well scary, that guy is fuckin ON POINT and if you show even a moment's hesitation he is all over you. Terrifying. I don't want to be out of the office if he calls.
Yeah, my usual gaffer is off on holiday, and the lad standing in is the same. Every time the phone rang, I got that sinking feeling. Of course, being about 2 weeks behind on my paperwork might've had something to do with it!

I'm my own worst enemy at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom