• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich!

Hooray, I've been demoted at work! Now I don't have the responsibility I had before, far less stress, and I get overtime!

Time for a celebrationary pizza, we're thinking.

SteveWD40

Good stuff, pleased for you.

labF1.jpg

Rich!

Me and the girlfriend just ordered papa John's for the first time.

Got an XXL cheese and tomato. Got a first time order offer applied that knocked it down to £9. Figured for that price, it wouldnt be that big (we were comparing it to dominos sizes)

....HOLY FUCKING SHIT. We struggled to get it through the door. We could only manage half - the rest is in the fridge. Across two shelves.

Rich!

If anyone remembers the roof pizza from breaking bad, it's like that size.

Better than dominos in terms of size and taste. Good shit.

afoni

Banned
My stoner flatmate in halls enjoyed himself some Papa Johns. The leftovers he used to leave in the kitchen were gorgeous

NinjaBoiX

Bought myself a warm hood thing in preparation for the cold. It is cosy.
I think you just bought yourself a Onesie fella.
pete from greenstreet is playing MR GREY.

FTW, all about the hype wagon

You mean Jax from SOA???? Nooooo Charlie, why'd you do it??
Is it weird that I know him as that guy from Queer as Folk?
Me and the girlfriend just ordered papa John's for the first time.

Got an XXL cheese and tomato. Got a first time order offer applied that knocked it down to £9. Figured for that price, it wouldnt be that big (we were comparing it to dominos sizes)

....HOLY FUCKING SHIT. We struggled to get it through the door. We could only manage half - the rest is in the fridge. Across two shelves.
Lol.

I normally go Dominos because I've memorised the discount codes and love me some chicken strippers (and strippers in general ha ha etc etc), but a pizza the size of a house could convince me.

Rich!

I normally go Dominos because I've memorised the discount codes and love me some chicken strippers (and strippers in general ha ha etc etc), but a pizza the size of a house could convince me.

I should have taken a photo. Either way, I had to fold the box in half and literally ram it into my recycling bin. Ridiculous. But awesome.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Never had takeaway pizza. Either buy it from the super markets to cook in the oven or eat at a pizzeria…

I feel like I've said this before.

Rich!

Never had takeaway pizza. Either buy it from the super markets to cook in the oven or eat at a pizzeria…

Problem is, in Britain the choice of takeaway pizza is horrendous. Papa John just happens to be the most authentic American pizza takeaway I've ever ordered from - probably due to the ridiculous sizes.

However, it's far from the best in America. And I've had better whilst in Italy.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.

Phone a local indian place, I'v converted to the mixed calzone these days..

Volotaire

Got and get some takeaway pizza now. But even then, it can not compete with homemade or in restaurant pizzas.

Rich!

Got and get some takeaway pizza now. But even then, it can not compete with homemade or in restaurant pizzas.

A good bit of advice is to buy the Chicago Town Takeaway frozen pizzas. The bases are made of fresh dough, and when cooked they taste absolutely fucking genuine. Like they've been made fresh. It's not like the standard frozen pizza where the base has already been cooked.

089660.jpg

They're pretty big too. Amazing value for money, and by far the tastiest frozen pizza available.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That's mental. We ought to get pizza one GAF meet and treat you to it.
Add it to the list of apparent things I've should have done that has shocked BritGAF populace along with never had a McDonald's breakfast.

Phone a local indian place, I'v converted to the mixed calzone these days..
Pretty sure my local Indian doesn't do pizza. However it is a great place for Indian food (duh) which is why it's my usual choice for takeaway grub.

Volotaire

Add it to the list of apparent things I've should have done that has shocked BritGAF populace along with never had a McDonald's breakfast.

Pretty sure my local Indian doesn't do pizza. However it is a great place for Indian food (duh) which is why it's my usual choice for takeaway grub.

Why on earth would you have a McDonalds Breakfast. Well.... I haven't.

Looking at graduate jobs before (tax, audit, accountancy), and whilst they all look fairly interesting and pay well, I couldn't help but feel gutted that I can't afford to do a Masters Degree in economics and go into that branch of consultancy. Always felt I'd be doing more in that field than the ones I'll very likely end up in :(

Sometimes it's who you know, but other times you just need cold hard cash to move into what you want.

Volotaire

Looking at graduate jobs before (tax, audit, accountancy), and whilst they all look fairly interesting and pay well, I couldn't help but feel gutted that I can't afford to do a Masters Degree in economics and go into that branch of consultancy. Always felt I'd be doing more in that field than the ones I'll very likely end up in :(

Sometimes it's who you know, but other times you just need cold hard cash to move into what you want.

Could you get a company to fund you through some scheme? And' don't student finance lend any small services to university graduates?

Never had one either. I googled it once and it looked weird. I do like a McDs though, terrible but so satisfying. I may McDs for my 'bad meal of the week'.

Odd week ahead. Graduations happening at the uni this week - meaning mine was a year ago. Not sure if it's been long or short as a year, but more weird that I taught some of these a little bit and their graduating. Only a few bits mind - it's next year people I properly taught will graduate.
But more fun, one week til I'm in London. Going down for an industry event and also going for dinner with a client. Which sounds weirdly formal. Which I am not formal.

Could you get a company to fund you through some scheme? And' don't student finance lend any small services to university graduates?

Generally student finance don't fund masters degrees. Tuition costs can be covered through special bank loans, but that's about it. I'm going to have a look into any random grants that could be out there though.

So yeah, a company paying for it is the best way forward. The only slight problem with that is then finding a good moment to duck out for a year and having the money set aside to live off.

SteveWD40

Problem is, in Britain the choice of takeaway pizza is horrendous. Papa John just happens to be the most authentic American pizza takeaway I've ever ordered from - probably due to the ridiculous sizes.

However, it's far from the best in America. And I've had better whilst in Italy.

If you ever go to NYC look up Grimaldis in Brooklyn (just under the bridge), Sinatra used to eat there, best Pizza I ever tasted, even the Italians admit the hard water in NYC makes the base better than their soft water ones. It was also the size of a bin lid...

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Date tonight flaked, and then five minutes later a pigeon shat on me. :lol *Now* I'm experiencing the real Paris!

jimbor

Banned
Heavy weekend. Cocktails Friday, beer and meat Saturday, drinking since half one yesterday, up at six for work this morning. Managed to leave my keys at work today so sat on a park bench drinking beer. Had five before my ex showed up with the keys. Feeling pretty chuffed that I still have four nights on the piss in me at almost 35.

My ex has now found a place to move out to and my friend has laid some solid groundwork for me with his hot Irish friend. She's passed on her number and now I'm in the middle of composing that awkward first text.

8bit

Knows the Score
Date tonight flaked, and then five minutes later a pigeon shat on me. :lol *Now* I'm experiencing the real Paris!

We went to Paris for our honeymoon, I drank so much during my wedding night that I could barely eat or drink for the first two days. Eventually I was able to do while somewhere around Montmartre, but suddenly I had the most intense stomach cramps and had to find a toilet nearby.

This is what I had to deal with.

DSC03902.JPG

I'm sure you'll turn the night around.

Btw I'm loving the new av, smiley Evi is best Evi.

Heavy weekend. Cocktails Friday, beer and meat Saturday, drinking since half one yesterday, up at six for work this morning. Managed to leave my keys at work today so sat on a park bench drinking beer. Had five before my ex showed up with the keys. Feeling pretty chuffed that I still have four nights on the piss in me at almost 35.

My ex has now found a place to move out to and my friend has laid some solid groundwork for me with his hot Irish friend. She's passed on her number and now I'm in the middle of composing that awkward first text.

I don't think I could have drunk that much in my youth. Good luck with the bird, let us know how that pans out!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
We went to Paris for our honeymoon, I drank so much during my wedding night that I could barely eat or drink for the first two days. Eventually I was able to do while somewhere around Montmartre, but suddenly I had the most intense stomach cramps and had to find a toilet nearby.

This is what I had to deal with.

DSC03902.JPG

Those kinds of bogs apparently make for better poo's. The poo comes out easier. But the problem is, if I lose balance and fall, and the person before me had bad accuracy, my arse ends up in someone else's shit. And then I still have to shit too.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Thanks Musha ;b

That certainly does sound Parisian. What's the plan to reclaim the evening?

Salvage? Well, I'm not sure where to find the nearest pint of chocolate ice cream with giant spoon at this hour :D

There are a couple spots I was recommended where I could try to meet some locals. Not too late yet.

Jordan

So, one of my female friends didn't want to go to the gym alone so I decided to blag my way in for a free entry as a guest. She only met me like 5/6 months ago and we were doing bicep workouts and she actually said to me:

"Jordan, how long have you been working out?" I don't know why...? "Your arms?"

I was generally quite shocked, I had noticed but not massively...

Felt good.

Before anyone says, no it's not potential partner, or fucking partner or anything like that.

afoni

Banned
Kinda like one of my best friend's other best friends, but I feel it'd be weird for me to outright go for it. Plus I'm pretty sure she would never go for me.

Since we're sharing women stuff, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom