• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Kinda like one of my best friend's other best friends, but I feel it'd be weird for me to outright go for it. Plus I'm pretty sure she would never go for me.

Since we're sharing women stuff, eh?

If your best friend doesn't like their best friend in that way, go for it mate.

I'm not going to lie, I'm not attracted to the girl I went gym with. I have a laugh with her, but that's as far as it goes.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Date tonight flaked, and then five minutes later a pigeon shat on me. :lol *Now* I'm experiencing the real Paris!

I may have missed out a bit out here since I have been away for a while, but being as you are in Paris (and just after August which is a bit of a dodgy time).

DO the Sunday morning skating by the river

DO NOT DO the Rue St Denis at any time unless blindfolded

DO contact the Baron Lundi, who has good taste in things Parisian (or at least much the same taste as I have).

DO NOT DO the Jardin des Plantes, it is woefully neglected these days, no matter what the historical/scientific interest.

DO follow the policemen on rollerblades - they are usually chasing something of interest.

DO NOT DO even-numbered arrondissements.

DO hang around the Marais at night and see what happens.

DO NOT DO the top end of the Champs Elysees (unless you are sitting on top of the Arc de Triomphe dangling your legs over the side and HIGH).

DO get freebies at the markets on and just off the Rue Mouffetard.

etc etc.

... plus, of course ...

have a hell of a lot of fun there. My favourite city by far.

Also, there used to be an awesome place for Ice-cream on the north side of the Ile-St-Louis (just past the bar where I did the washing-up to earn the money for the ice-cream). Don't know if it is still there.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Best editing reason I've ever seen.

Also, nice to see you around these parts Phi, how's life treating you?

Anyone know what happened to Jackben?

Hi Mike, doing OK here. Seaside town, seasonal,damn good weather, so a pretty good August for us.But that cold snap end of March hit us bad.

The kids (probably about your age) have at last left home in the last few weeks, so we are moving down to a rather nice flat that does not have complicated things like stairs.

Doesn't have a garage either, so there's a bunch of stuff to begot rid of.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
what about the beads

where will you put the beads[/QUOTE

We thought about that. The answer is the fewer children you have the more space you have.for beads. Err, in theory.

Actually it didn't work out that way - the space filled up with unidentified junk instead. I'll keep them crossed for you..

Lirlond

Hot Irish chick in work. Love the way she says my name but im being a massive coward. If it goes wrong ill lose the easygoing camaraderie.

Mikeside

Hi Mike, doing OK here. Seaside town, seasonal,damn good weather, so a pretty good August for us.But that cold snap end of March hit us bad.

The kids (probably about your age) have at last left home in the last few weeks, so we are moving down to a rather nice flat that does not have complicated things like stairs.

Doesn't have a garage either, so there's a bunch of stuff to begot rid of.

Oh awesome - finally a bit of peace and quiet, then? Or are you still at a bit of a loss with more time & space than you know what to do with yet?

I live in a bungalow - I miss stairs :(

Right, I'm off for a couple of days, again, chaps.
This time to Sheffield with work. Going to try and meet donkey show for a drink tonight, methinks.

Jordan

Morning peeps.

Hope everyone is alright this morning.

I seem to have like the most hectic of first few days of the week planned. Everybody seems to want me at the gym. It's good because it's tiring me out and I'm hoping after the third day of it I will just be able to have a good nights sleep - but then there are talks of going to see Riddick too... Hmm.

Anyone got anything planned for after work this week?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Right, I'm off for a couple of days, again, chaps.
This time to Sheffield with work. Going to try and meet donkey show for a drink tonight, methinks.

Jet set lifestyle! At least post more this time.

Morning peeps.

Hope everyone is alright this morning.

I seem to have like the most hectic of first few days of the week planned. Everybody seems to want me at the gym. It's good because it's tiring me out and I'm hoping after the third day of it I will just be able to have a good nights sleep - but then there are talks of going to see Riddick too... Hmm.

I dunno man, I have little faith in Riddick being good, totally waiting for DVD/Netflix on this one. The last one was so so bad, like they didn't understand anything that made the character good.

As usual, I'm keeping a low profile in the week, I need to chill after work or I get a proper grump on. But my month is all booked up on the weekends already, gigs and parties and days out all over the place. And then GTA. Fuck yeah.

NinjaBoiX

Alright doods,

Successfully managed to duck a meeting this morning, I conveniently had a work related appointment booked. The joys of being your own boss! I'm currently sitting in sunny Durham catching up with some paperwork, could be worse I guess.

Hey Jordan, that Katy B was just on Radio 1, not a new record or anything, but I think this is a tune:

Katy B - On A Mission

Awful title though! They also just played the new Eminem record "Bezerk", urgh. The guy has lost it, his delivery and flow was laboured and awkward, no rhythm or anything. And he's still insisting on singing the choruses for some reason, and rapping with that grating whiny inflection.

Breaking Bad was wicked though, good god it's all getting so juicy!
Heavy weekend. Cocktails Friday, beer and meat Saturday, drinking since half one yesterday, up at six for work this morning. Managed to leave my keys at work today so sat on a park bench drinking beer. Had five before my ex showed up with the keys. Feeling pretty chuffed that I still have four nights on the piss in me at almost 35.

My ex has now found a place to move out to and my friend has laid some solid groundwork for me with his hot Irish friend. She's passed on her number and now I'm in the middle of composing that awkward first text.
"Beer and meat Saturday" made me laugh more than it probably should have!

Hope it works out bro.

Go for it!
So, one of my female friends didn't want to go to the gym alone so I decided to blag my way in for a free entry as a guest. She only met me like 5/6 months ago and we were doing bicep workouts and she actually said to me:

"Jordan, how long have you been working out?" I don't know why...? "Your arms?"

I was generally quite shocked, I had noticed but not massively...

Felt good.

Before anyone says, no it's not potential partner, or fucking partner or anything like that.
Go for it!
Kinda like one of my best friend's other best friends, but I feel it'd be weird for me to outright go for it. Plus I'm pretty sure she would never go for me.

Since we're sharing women stuff, eh?
Go for it!
Hot Irish chick in work. Love the way she says my name but im being a massive coward. If it goes wrong ill lose the easygoing camaraderie.
Go for it!
I'm off for a couple of days, again, chaps.
Go for it!

Go for it today BRITGAF.

Flat inspection tomorrow so cleaning tonight. Apart from that no, might pop to the flicks myself.

As usual, I'm keeping a low profile in the week, I need to chill after work or I get a proper grump on. But my month is all booked up on the weekends already, gigs and parties and days out all over the place. And then GTA. Fuck yeah.

I am also completely booked up every weekend until mid-October so far. It's nice to have things to look forward to, but sometimes it's nice just to do nothing and chill. Hopefully I'll find time from somewhere.

SHIT. I knew I was forgetting something last night.

SteveWD40

Last nights BB was ok, felt like filler...

Only 4 more left ;_;

my theory is that the "job" for Todd's Uncle is faking Walts death somehow, that or they try and make him cook again, leading to him going on the run

Jordan

I dunno man, I have little faith in Riddick being good, totally waiting for DVD/Netflix on this one. The last one was so so bad, like they didn't understand anything that made the character good.

I am a little bit too excited for the new Riddick film, I watched Chronicles of Riddick first so I ended up being a huge fan of it (Don't judge me)

Cannot wait for GTA, so excite!

Hey Jordan, that Katy B was just on Radio 1, not a new record or anything, but I think this is a tune:

Katy B - On A Mission

Awful title though! They also just played the new Eminem record "Bezerk", urgh. The guy has lost it, his delivery and flow was laboured and awkward, no rhythm or anything. And he's still insisting on singing the choruses for some reason, and rapping with that grating whiny inflection.

Forgot to watch Breaking Bad, was disappointed in myself but was stupidly busy last night. I love Katy B, my favourite song is probably Go Away, I wish she would release some more. In regards to Em's song, the song has definitely grown on me, I was a little disappointed at first and then I felt like I needed more.

Katy B is class.

I'm making it my mission today to do as many good deeds as possible. Share the love and pass it on.

Katy B is hot, seen her live, up close and not personal enough in my own opinion, but was great to see live.

What sort of good deeds you got planned? I haven't done a good deed since I returned that randomers phone which I found on the train.

Flat inspection tomorrow so cleaning tonight. Apart from that no, might pop to the flicks myself.

I am also completely booked up every weekend until mid-October so far. It's nice to have things to look forward to, but sometimes it's nice just to do nothing and chill. Hopefully I'll find time from somewhere.

SHIT. I knew I was forgetting something last night.

It's nice having stuff planned. I have three things planned this month. Paramore with you guys - Eurogamer with a friend and then the Eurogamer After-Party with you guys!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
GTA

13 days, 14 hours, 29 minutes and 47 seconds

family-guy-good-good-o.gif

SmokyDave

Last nights BB was ok, felt like filler...

Only 4 more left ;_;

my theory is that the "job" for Todd's Uncle is faking Walts death somehow, that or they try and make him cook again, leading to him going on the run
I enjoyed it, but it was a slow one. It had a couple of those 'man, if that had only gone slightly differently' moments.

I'm rewatching 'em from the start, but with the missus this time. We're up to the end of season 3. Hopefully she'll be up to date before the final episode so we can sit and watch together.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I am a little bit too excited for the new Riddick film, I watched Chronicles of Riddick first so I ended up being a huge fan of it (Don't judge me)

Cannot wait for GTA, so excite!

What did you like more, the bullshit convoluted plot or the bullshit convoluted characters? :p

I remember it looking good for the time, but damn that story... I watched it immediately upon finishing playing the game and it was such a let down. The game is the definitive Riddick product IMO.

Symphonia

Banned
Katy B is hot, seen her live, up close and not personal enough in my own opinion, but was great to see live.

What sort of good deeds you got planned? I haven't done a good deed since I returned that randomers phone which I found on the train.
Katy B is indeed pretty damn hot, one of the hottest artists going I'd say. Not seen her live but I hope to soon at some point. For now, Hayley Williams remains the hottest artist I've seen live. Lily Allen comes in at a close second, but only because she flashed the crowd at the gig I was attending. Being at the front and having a really nice eyeful did not go down with my missus at the time.

Ah, just any good deed, really. Holding doors open for people, helping people move stuff if needed, just small things that can have a big impact.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Love or hate eminem ninja is I and many other eminem fans are digging his new album.

Shit's going centre of conversation in any music discussion i will have IRL, Looking forward to this going down.

Jordan

What did you like more, the bullshit convoluted plot or the bullshit convoluted characters? :p

I remember it looking good for the time, but damn that story... I watched it immediately upon finishing playing the game and it was such a let down. The game is the definitive Riddick product IMO.

I love the characters, mainly Riddick and whatever whiny bitchy woman accompanies him.

I'm still yet to play the game, shame on me.

Katy B is indeed pretty damn hot, one of the hottest artists going I'd say. Not seen her live but I hope to soon at some point. For now, Hayley Williams remains the hottest artist I've seen live. Lily Allen comes in at a close second, but only because she flashed the crowd at the gig I was attending. Being at the front and having a really nice eyeful did not go down with my missus at the time.

Ah, just any good deed, really. Holding doors open for people, helping people move stuff if needed, just small things that can have a big impact.

I hold the door for people every day, I thought that was just manners.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My earbuds are fraying so I'm thinking of retiring them. What's a good replacement for a good price?

Darren870

Flat cleaning and selling crap all week. Planning on getting rid of 90% of everything in my flat so will be listing things on ebay/gumtree, tossing things, donating things etc etc.

Hopefully by Friday it will look a bit better. Then piss up on Friday afternoon till who knows when with work mates.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I love the characters, mainly Riddick and whatever whiny bitchy woman accompanies him.

I'm still yet to play the game, shame on me.

argh god DUDE. Play it! Fucking great game (or at least it was back in the day). Then you'll see what I mean about the films.

My earbuds are fraying so I'm thinking of retiring them. What's a good replacement for a good price?

Senneheiser CX 300

NinjaBoiX

I have very little planned over the next few weeks, I'm saving my money for a big blow out at the end of the month.

I'm off all that week, so I'll probably go my ends over that weekend and then spend Monday pulling my head out of my arse. Then seeing that there band on the Tuesday, quality Musha time and seeing the glorious sights of Nottingham on Wednesday, (Dave, we still need to organise a time to catch up with you and the Mrs), then seeing ma bro in Manchester Wednesday night - Friday morning, then EG and catching up with you fine peeps over the weekend.

It's going to be so good! I'm really looking forward to it, the whole week is going to be awesome.
Sennheiser brah, they're the best.

Edit: Jed knows what's up! Go to Richer Sounds online BGBW, they have some great deals.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was looking at Senneheiser, but their website had so many option I didn't know which to go for. Thanks for the website Ninja, they list the CX475 which I assume is just a new model of the 300. Well they're cheaper than the 300s on Amazon so I'll likely go for them anywho.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom