• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren870

So I'm reading the rules, and...

I think I actually qualify for Polish citizenship. Meaning, EU passport. :eek: :eek: I need to go back to NY early and and gather some documents.

Yea there is quite a few countries where you can get citizenship if your grandparents were born there. Ireland is a big one too and I bet most people don't know it. Proving it usually requires birth certificates or some other equivalent proof.

Of course with Germany once you leave you are no longer German. Drives me crazy.

SKINNER!

Banned
Listening to some classics from my youth. Got a big playlist full of Sum 41, AFI, Blink 182, New found Glory, Jimmy eat world, Weezer. I'm 13 again

Add some Bad Religion's "Recipe for Hate" and "Stranger Than Fiction".
and a little Offspring's "Ignition" and "Ixnay on the Hombre"
Top it off with Dookie and you're all set.

NinjaBoiX

I got a bit worried there for a moment. I thought you were talking about the GAF rules and you'd found some technicality to ban us all. ;P
Pfft, Evi is part of the clique now, this community is untouchable. We're like Teflon now brah.

I just saw this parked up near mine:
Glorious said:
Vqnw8fV.jpg
Take my monies!

Rich!

Pfft, Evi is part of the clique now, this community is untouchable. We're like Teflon now brah.

I just saw this parked up near mine:

Take my monies!

We have one of those down the road from where I live. It belongs to a driving instructor, who has a "learn with herbie" gimmick.

My dad, a rival driving instructor, calls him a "fucking talentless fuck head".

NinjaBoiX

Listening to some classics from my youth. Got a big playlist full of Sum 41, AFI, Blink 182, New found Glory, Jimmy eat world, Weezer. I'm 13 again

Add some Bad Religion's "Recipe for Hate" and "Stranger Than Fiction".
and a little Offspring's "Ignition" and "Ixnay on the Hombre"
Top it off with Dookie and you're all set.

Theres already a fair bit of Offspring, good charlotte, yellowcard. All the cheesy punk
lDY41mG.gif

Lirlond

It's so weird. All the sad songs are really upbeat and all the happy songs are shouty and angry.

I don't know what expression she's making.

Everyone at school thought I was wierd because I just skipped that enitre genre, skate punk or whatever you want to call it.

Actually at around 13 I think I mostly listened to the old Prodigy albums on a CD player that I had covered in decals from Airfix kits, so my CD player was decorated with iron Crosses and Squadron numbers from German Messerscmitt planes...

See, I'm always ahead of the curve in coolness.

Rich!

Back when I was at school and all my mates listened to Blink 182, the Offspring and Sum 41, I listened to Music for the Jilted Generation, John Barry, Pink Floyd, Aphex Twin and Radiohead.

I was definitely an outcast in terms of music. Even when System of a Down took off, I was still there stating that their debut album was the best.

NinjaBoiX

It's so weird. All the sad songs are really upbeat and all the happy songs are shouty and angry.

I don't know what expression she's making.
She's sulking because you didn't mention her and the boys in your list of cheesy punk bands.
Lets be honest, Good Charlotte were shit even back in their hey day.
Huh?

I think that was a joke that went over my head!

And yeah, Good Charlotte are/were awful.

SKINNER!

Banned
ah, I misinterpreted your gif. You were upset about the conversation we were having as a whole rather than the last comment made.
Doesn't help that it was a Hayley Gif ;)
Either way, GC still suck.

Listening to "Know" now. Forgot how ferocious it is. Must've been a beast of a cover richisawesome.

Rich!

Me and my dad have decided today to build an arcade machine by the end of this year to go into their new house.

Technically we could do it the lazy way and buy a knackered old cab and shove a PC in there running MAME, but we're considering building one from scratch out of mdf and perspex. We'd shove a PC and 4:3 LCD in and I'd make my own designs for the graphics and control layouts.

what do you guys think? Retrofitting/renovating one or building from scratch?

NinjaBoiX

I never got into paramore. The irish beau I'm chasing likes them though so I might need to give them a listen.
They're honestly pretty decent, you know, comparatively speaking. It is unashamedly poppy punk, and therefore full of earnest sentiment and some corny lines. Some of the choruses are particularly awful, even as a big fan I'll say that:

"That's what you get when you let your heart win,
Whoaoaoa,"

:/

But her writing has improved considerably over the last few records, and the rhythms are consistently brilliant (Zac Farro was talented beyond his years, and Ilan Rubin, well, it's Ilan Rubin!), there are some really good riffs, and obviously the superlative vocal stylings of Teh Williams.

Go in expecting slightly saccharine poppy punk with a light sprinkling of Cheddar cheese and you might be pleasantly surprised.
You are already juniored.
Nah, we're like this *crosses fingers*.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Me and my dad have decided today to build an arcade machine by the end of this year to go into their new house.

Technically we could do it the lazy way and buy a knackered old cab and shove a PC in there running MAME, but we're considering building one from scratch out of mdf and perspex. We'd shove a PC and 4:3 LCD in and I'd make my own designs for the graphics and control layouts.

Sounds like a fun project! A friend of mine back in the day built a little table with a couple of arcade sticks built into it for playing MAME games on, he called it MABLE:

2957533_4c1e2a9b23.jpg

Was great fun. Whatever you go with hopefully it turns out great!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Back when I was at school and all my mates listened to Blink 182, the Offspring and Sum 41, I listened to Music for the Jilted Generation, John Barry, Pink Floyd, Aphex Twin and Radiohead.

I was definitely an outcast in terms of music. Even when System of a Down took off, I was still there stating that their debut album was the best.

I just missed out on rock being cool at school. All the way through secondary the 'rock kids' were about 6 of us who were constantly mocked and called greebos, and that's just for liking Nirvana and Green Day. It wasn't until I got to 6th form that pop-punk properly broke and you get your Americanas and Blink 182s and all the mini moshers started to appear.

Leading my whole secondary life as a nerdy kid listening to rock and reading comic books while being shunned by the mainstream defined my entire life now that I think about it. Made me a contrarian and made me never trust what the majority are into. Because they're always wrong.

I just missed out on rock being cool at school. All the way through secondary the 'rock kids' were about 6 of us who were constantly mocked and called greebos, and that's just for liking Nirvana and Green Day. It wasn't until I got to 6th form that pop-punk properly broke and you get your Americanas and Blink 182s and all the mini moshers started to appear.

Leading my whole secondary life as a nerdy kid listening to rock and reading comic books while being shunned by the mainstream defined my entire life now that I think about it. Made me a contrarian and made me never trust what the majority are into. Because they're always wrong.

Please don't tell me you had a Che Guevara poster...

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
People at my school threw tunnocks tea cakes at rock fans.

tunnockstc.jpg

The chavs done some vicious shit to the emo type's.

8bit

Knows the Score

I think I'd build from scratch. Is there a Raspberry Pi port of MAME yet?

Rich!

tunnockstc.jpg

hell no - Why would anyone waste such delicious treats?

Me and my mates used to spend our evenings cheesing cars and houses. We'd get those cheap slices of american cheese and launch them at things. We once covered an entire windscreen in them

They stick real good

I think I'd build from scratch. Is there a Raspberry Pi port of MAME yet?

Hm. Not sure. I don't know if the pi would have enough grunt for a lot of stuff - but for £30, it'd be a damn cheap way of doing it.

I'll look into it.

SKINNER!

Banned

tunnockstc.jpg

During my last year of high school, 3rd year neds launched a full, unopened packet of digestives at the headboy and busted up his nose real bad. Blood was everywhere.

We were called the "Music Suite Moshers". Because we hung out around the music department, and were moshers. Pretty self explanitory actually.

Rich!

My ex-girlfriend used to be known as Weezer Girl, due to a backpack she wore which was covered in Weezer badges and stickers.

By the time I started going out with her, she had ditched the bag and thus the nickname slowly wore off. I never had a nickname other than dunnwock. I don't understand what it means - I never did.

Kentpaul

We were called the "Music Suite Moshers". Because we hung out around the music department, and were moshers. Pretty self explanitory actually.

The term moshers covered everyone from skaters to emo's at my school. I'm glad i was an inbetweener :)

SteveWD40

Did everyone else play Knock and Run as a kid? We used to live for it, until we got chased by some big fucker all the way back to our street...

Kentpaul

Jed, watch this video. The tune is garbage, but I think you'll get a kick out of the visual aspect.

Sweet Jesus...
Mike Mago - The Show

Lol, I can picture this happening!

Some little shit running up to a long haired rock fan and slam planting a tea cake onto his dome is a sad thing to picture. School kids can be jerks.

What do you guys think about screemo music ? I just stumbled across one and shit i can't seem to remotely enjoy it. I would even go as far as saying its worse than dubstep.

Did everyone else play Knock and Run as a kid? We used to live for it, until we got chased by some big fucker all the way back to our street...

We done that shit just to get a chase from strangers, We rocked a few trays of egg's to between us for some drive by window shit!
One time a girl with us got caught and shouted at from some dude while i hid behind a parked car cowering away a few feat away.

SmokyDave

Fuck yeah. We called it 'knock a door run'. For added points, we used to see how many hedges we could hop over after knocking on the door.

Kentpaul

Fuck yeah. We called it 'knock a door run'. For added points, we used to see how many hedges we could hop over after knocking on the door.

We called it "Chappy" and the running through the gardens hoping fences,hedges. We called that "The grand national, Nicknamed the granny!

Rich!

We played cheese and run, throwing slices of sticky cheese.

We used to shout "CHEESE IT!!!" and run like hell after being spotted. We used to film it all.

We filmed everything. I remember when we got six of us on a tiny BMX, and sped down the biggest hill we could find. One of us fell off and knocked himself unconscious. Obviously, being the concerned friends we were, we spent the time he was knocked out punching him repeatedly in the arms and legs, and farting on his face whilst filming it. Once he woke up, he stood up, then immediately fell back down again because of the sheer pain in his legs and arms.

It was fucking hilarious. And when he saw the video, he found it hilarious too. It was the best of times.

NinjaBoiX

Haha, "moshers", I haven't heard that in years! Did you go the whole hog? Long black trenchcoat and big metal clad boots?
Oh yeah, it's a staple of childhood.
I would even go as far as saying its worse than dubstep.
Whoa now! Listen to some Burial and come back, so awesome.

Dave, you should check that Mike Mago video out too. In fact, anyone with a passing interest in bikes and/or girls asses should watch it.

Musha, you might get a kick out of it too. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom