• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Me and my dad have decided today to build an arcade machine by the end of this year to go into their new house.

Technically we could do it the lazy way and buy a knackered old cab and shove a PC in there running MAME, but we're considering building one from scratch out of mdf and perspex. We'd shove a PC and 4:3 LCD in and I'd make my own designs for the graphics and control layouts.

what do you guys think? Retrofitting/renovating one or building from scratch?
Making a MAME cabinet has been an idea I've had for years. Read lots of websites on the subject, but I just never got round to ever starting it. I think the main problem is I couldn't think of the shape I wanted. I didn't want to make it a big bulky machine in the usual shape, but something a bit minimal and sleek.

EDIT: Whoops. Did a Jedeye.

NinjaBoiX

CHEEZMO™;79773349 said:
Who remembers when happy slapping was A Thing.
Yeah, that wasn't cool.

I'm all for juvenile merriment, but slapping random people across the face? Same with keying people's cars and shit, fuck that. Whatever happened to "knock and run", footy in the park and water fights in the summer?

Kids these days, they don't know they're born I tell ye.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Whatever happened to "knock and run", footy in the park and water fights in the summer?

Jumpers for goalposts

9zcTnmP.jpg

Symphonia

Banned
I never got into knock and run.

Always used to play football in the streets.

You know, the usual.

Oh, and accidentally burning down an abandoned house, as you do.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
2013_09_03_00072.jpg

2013_09_03_00050.jpg

Playing crysis 2 puffing a few joints as one does on a tuesday evening and i'm flabbergasted at how great this game looks and plays, I'm sliding under half open gates just pwning fools while jumping up into the air landed next to cars and power kicking them at my enemy. I have a feeling tonight could be one of my best gaming sessions in years.

I am loving this game so much.

Kentpaul

Crysis 2: Not As Good as Crysis 1 Edition (which is all of them really)

Pretty much, I'm hoping for a park level or something in crysis 2 so i can get the paradise vibes i got from crysis 1.

It's a pitty the gameplay is so much more refined now, Makes going back to crysis 1 impossible for me. My life is to short to waste it on outdated gameplay.

Jordan

I've got to agree with KP on the whole dubstep dislike thing.

I just gave Burial a listen, but it's just not my style. I can stand a few songs, but the majority of it is terrible in my eyes.

The furthest I can push myself is to Nero and one song by Knife Party. I just can't do it. Feel free to chuck some suggestions my way, but I'm more of a D&B man.

8bit

Knows the Score
I don't really think of Burial as dubstep, it's maybe an outlier on that sort of music but not really representative of it. More of an ambient thing with beats, IMO.

Volotaire

Pretty much, I'm hoping for a park level or something in crysis 2 so i can get the paradise vibes i got from crysis 1.

It's a pitty the gameplay is so much more refined now, Makes going back to crysis 1 impossible for me. My life is to short to waste it on outdated gameplay.

There are a few sections with quite a bit of landscape that you can explore, although its still closed off and it still forces you down. Although it does give you nice alternative paths (top of buildings, park scenery, ...)

It's a shame its so refined, but still a blast. But man , did they fck with the story.

Knife Party are awesome, Skrillex and Modestep are also awesome. There's a lot of really terrible dubstep out there, but there's some good stuff too.

Edit: finally watch BB. Fuuuuuuuuuu....

NinjaBoiX

I don't really think of Burial as dubstep, it's maybe an outlier on that sort of music but not really representative of it. More of an ambient thing with beats, IMO.
I guess it's like any genre, there are a myriad of sub-genre's. But I'd say it's dubstep; it has the telltale 2-step time signature and dub-style bass lines, but they're accompanied by airy vocals and gentle melodies as opposed to filthy synths distorted and filtered to within an inch of their lives. Maybe "ambient dubstep"?

Etched Headplate

Glorious.

Kentpaul

I've got to agree with KP on the whole dubstep dislike thing.

I just gave Burial a listen, but it's just not my style. I can stand a few songs, but the majority of it is terrible in my eyes.

The furthest I can push myself is to Nero and one song by Knife Party. I just can't do it. Feel free to chuck some suggestions my way, but I'm more of a D&B man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaikPv034Hc

Check that out, What do you think of electro in general mate ? It makes me wanna party for sure and gets me pretty excited!

Knife Party are awesome, Skrillex and Modestep are also awesome. There's a lot of really terrible dubstep out there, but there's some good stuff too.

Edit: finally watch BB. Fuuuuuuuuuu....

Skrillex is great for sure, I only dig the tracks he was when the music video goes along with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cXDgFwE13g

The part at 1.26 when the pedofile is about to snatch the kid, she just like uses the star wars force dubset shit and through the beast around the room.

NinjaBoiX

Jordan, did you like Bangarang when it was big? I used to buzz off this, not going to lie. Radio in the van cranked up 27 times a day whenever this came on!

Skrillex - Bangarang

Jordan hyping up Arctic Monkeys. Aww yiss! Can't wait for that shit man!

Kentpaul

Lay off the weed bro you're going crazy

Giving up alcohol and starting weed full time has really improved my state of mind wonders. edit, high as shit, new Arctic monkeys album out ? ! There goes my crysis 2 sesh i had planned.

Jordan

Jordan, did you like Bangarang when it was big? I used to buzz off this, not going to lie. Radio in the van cranked up 27 times a day whenever this came on!

Skrillex - Bangarang

Jordan hyping up Arctic Monkeys. Aww yiss! Can't wait for that shit man!

Nah, I've never been able to bust out to dubstep. The only thing I've blared out that's remotely close to this is Nero.

NinjaBoiX

What about trap

Music genres are dumb
What about "crabcore"?

Crabcore. Yup.
Trap goes damn fine with rappers from the south, I can jam to that shit. I have been spinning chief keef's new album every other day. Loving this new monkyes album, One for the road! Oh Oh Oh
The new AM album is sounding so sweet. James Ford producing again, aww yiss. I love his stuff as Simian Mobile Disco too.

Fan fact: James Ford drummed on The Last Shadow Puppets record.

Favourite Simian Mobile Disco track:

Hustler

Volotaire

Cross post from the Kindle thread.

How is reading full newspapers on the kindle (specifically paperwhite).

The ones I am talking about are the Financial Times, Wall Street Journal, The Independent/Guardian, the Economist (if it's available),

NinjaBoiX

Watching the Great British Bake Off, I have developed a massive crush on Ruby. So pretty, lovely high cheekbones, beautiful eyes.

qF4J2x7.jpg

h7ZD2m4.jpg
That's kinda hot...
That was amazing
James Ford man, he's fucking awesome. He also played guitar on "Only Ones Who Know". I just adore that track, the lyrics man:

"And I bet she told, a million people that she'd stay in touch,
Well all the little promises that won't mean much,
When there's memories to be made,
And I hope your holding hands by New Years Eve,
They made it far to easy to believe,
That true romance can't be achieved,
These days..."

Arctic Monkeys - Only Ones Who Know

Musha, you might actually like this track, I know you're not a fan. He's got a bit of the country crooner thing going on. It's totally lush.

Kentpaul

There are a few sections with quite a bit of landscape that you can explore, although its still closed off and it still forces you down. Although it does give you nice alternative paths (top of buildings, park scenery, ...)

It's a shame its so refined, but still a blast. But man , did they fck with the story.

Starting to get to real good looking bits. This game is incredible.

2013_09_03_00129.jpg

2013_09_03_00124.jpg

Watching the waves crash against the rocks makes me tingle.

Jordan

X2OSOlI.jpg

This is my progress after about a month and a half of weight lifting. There used to be nothing there, and it was just skin and bone.

Quite happy with results so far.

Jordan

Depends what I'm using.

Dumbbells I lift 12.5KG
Barbell is 25KG

Machines:
Lat Pulldown - Biceps - 40KG
Lat Pulldown - Triceps - 30KG

It's all mix and match really, just depends how confident I'm feeling. I pushed myself on biceps tonight on lat pulldown machine doing biceps at 45kg and managed 10 reps.

Edit: I need to do some shoulder and chest stuff, I haven't really worked on it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom