• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

When you play with your crew, you will get extra rep/XP. Quite a bit, usually. Access to stats. It's also easier to join a game with your crew. You can see when they're online etc. If Max Payne 3 is anything to go by, you may even get some extra in-game items (masks, special perks etc.). You can be muscle, you don't have to run the place. Jedeye is the Boss.
Fine, I'll sign up and get the shitty PS3 version.

And yeah, I'll just be muscle, I'm not comfortable heading a crime syndicate. I'll just work my way up from the bottom by virtue of my exemplary tenacity and resolve.

Or I'll just murder Jed in the face and steal the crown for myself.

1V3Xr8f.jpg

Suairyu

Banned
Incoming rare post by SuperSah!!!!

Anyone getting GTA V on release date?
Yes. Preordered for 360 out of previous Rockstar games performance. Means I will be buying about two months of live gold this once only to experience the online.

Edit - figures you cunts would be all ps3. Might have to change preorder now... But Rock star games always look like shit on the PS3 :(

It's all just time wasting until the PC release.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Fine, I'll sign up and get the shitty PS3 version.

And yeah, I'll just be muscle, I'm not comfortable heading a crime syndicate. I'll just work my way up from the bottom by virtue of my exemplary tenacity and resolve.

Or I'll just murder Jed in the face and steal the crown for myself.

1V3Xr8f.jpg

XD

Fuck that. Join me on the far superior Box version. At least then I can have a chat with the wife occasionally XD

8bit

Knows the Score
Just bought GTAV on PSN, as the local shop informed me they won't have the boxed english version until the Wednesday at the earlier. Anyway, on purchase it notes that preload will be available from the 13th so you can waste your weekend bandwidth on it.

This is the rockstar social club gang, I've changed my name from essteeexe to something a little more recognisable. http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/britgaf/hierarchy

And I'm stuck with the PS3 version, my Xbox doesn't connect to the Internet anymore due to router reasons. Not that I'm complaining too much MP3 & RDR were fine on PS3 so I don't expect a big difference.

SuperSah

Banned
Yes. Preordered for 360 out of previous Rockstar games performance. Means I will be buying about two months of live gold this once only to experience the online.

Edit - figures you cunts would be all ps3. Might have to change preorder now... But Rock star games always look like shit on the PS3 :(

Bitches, please stop changing to PS3, you're leaving me out. D:

I've got the sweetest Adam's Apple...

My Adam's Apple isn't visible at all. :p

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
And I'm stuck with the PS3 version, my Xbox doesn't connect to the Internet anymore due to router reasons. Not that I'm complaining too much MP3 & RDR were fine on PS3 so I don't expect a big difference.

Yeah I just played MP3 on PS3 and it was just fine imo (but I'm not a frame/pixel counter so ymmv. I expect this to perform a lot better than IV, in comparison to how bad it was last time, PS3 lead platform and all that.

Mikeside

booo! I was looking forward to seeing your drunk driving skillz.

Seems there are a few 360 guys here though and that's cool, you can still be in the crew on a different platform, very cool of R* there.

oh my... i wonder... does that mean... have I got this too then??

I think it's just a thing that links all our stats together and makes it easier to play together (i think, not having used it before). I would assume you could play with us without being in the crew, but why would you want to do that? You're one of us bro, don't be an outsider. I can keep you the lowest level grunt if you like, but there are no real responsibilities anyway.

Oh man... it does mean you have it too.
But I don't know if you'll be able to play on your account, especially multiplayer.
Sorry bud, I think you're gonna have to shell out for a copy anyway!

Chinner

Banned
i hear mp3 is p good on ps3. i imagine this a new engine and its a end of cycle engine so it'll proably be fine

edit: o yeh ps3 is lead platform as they have only shown that version so far

Mikeside

Honestly, all this PS3/360 stuff is fine, but it's all just foreplay until the PC version comes out.

Hoping it's a better port than IV was.

Suairyu

Banned
Yeah I just played MP3 on PS3 and it was just fine imo (but I'm not a frame/pixel counter so ymmv. I expect this to perform a lot better than IV, in comparison to how bad it was last time, PS3 lead platform and all that.
RDR looked so blurry on PS3. I played through the entire game on it. When I bought my 360, I bought the GOTY edition on a cheap whim and couldn't believe how much clearer everything looked.

But lead platform for V being PS3 means I'll probably switch outright now. Has anyone got a source? Or are they just assuming based off the public demos?

SuperSah

Banned
PS3 isn't lead platform confirmed.

Rockstar and Sony struck a deal to market PS3's version more, I believe.

Also, it is confirmed the whole gameplay trailer WAS PS3 footage.

Jordan

If I had more money than sense I'd just buy it on both platforms and depending on who wanted to play with me (giggity) I'd decide on that... But, I don't and I can only afford one.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oh man... it does mean you have it too.
But I don't know if you'll be able to play on your account, especially multiplayer.
Sorry bud, I think you're gonna have to shell out for a copy anyway!

ah fuck it, I've already paid my pre order anyway, no biggie. The midnight launch in aldershot will be so fun! GTA IRL

SKINNER!

Banned
Boooo! Evangelion 1 and 2 is only going to be shown in Edinburgh and it's during the week too :/

Looks like I'll only catch Evangelion 3 and Perfect Blue during next month's Scotland Loves Anime event.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Boooo! Evangelion 1 and 2 is only going to be shown in Edinburgh and it's during the week too :/

Looks like I'll only catch Evangelion 3 and Perfect Blue during next month's Scotland Loves Anime event.

I was really excited for Eva 3 until I started seeing all the comments about it from people that saw it. I can't tell if they're typical hater superfans or if it's genuinely un-good. Because 2 was fucking phenomenal.

SKINNER!

Banned
Never seen any of them and the local/independent cinemas over here are showing them. Same with Perfect Blue. Going in completely blind here. Perfect Blue is going to be shown on a Friday so that's all good for me but I'm contemplating on whether it's worth traveling all the way to Edinburgh on a weekday to watch Eva 1 and 2 considering that I can easily get them on dvd/online and watch it at home.

I'm just annoyed I can't see perfect blue because I'm working :(

Booooooooo! and what's worse is that it's literally just round the corner :p

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Never seen any of them and the local/independent cinemas over here are showing them. Same with Perfect Blue. Going in completely blind here. Perfect Blue is going to be shown on a Friday so that's all good for me but I'm contemplating on whether it's worth traveling all the way to Edinburgh on a weekday to watch Eva 1 and 2 considering that I can easily get on dvd/online and watch it at home.

Have you seen the series though yeah? If so, the movies will blow your socks off, 2 especially. It's bananas.

also, everyone who's name I recognise is now a commish on the crew - if you're just a rep let me know who you are and what your R* name is and I'll bump you up. Don't wanna give unknowns too much power.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope.

Don't watch the movies then, they'll make very little sense. But ffs, watch the show!

very minor spoilers (intended for you, but spoiler'd in case anyone else would get upset - no plot deets):
the films are both an alternate retelling of the show, AND a sequel. A lot of the fun and WOAHness of them comes from the things they change. Also, they cut out most of the character development that the series had, so I think without it the movies would be a bit (lot) confusing. ymmv though!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Well I'm guessing we'll be playing from like 9/9:30 onwards, so we may still be on when you boys get done with your shit.

I should be on from 9 fella. Although the mrs will probably come through the door drunk at some point near 10 so i may get momentarily distracted. But she has been warned - you can't go out half the night and then get annoyed when you come in and I'm already doing something, so nyer.

if we have a small enough team we could even do some pub games, ooooo. i need to finish off my weeks someday soon.

afoni

Banned
evangelion is just pseudo-deep shit that people cling onto because it's mecha with emotions oooo

bitches don't know about that moeshit

moeshit is da bomb

Don't demote me, just because I won't be standing in line like a schmuck at midnight doesn't mean I won't be getting it fairly soon after launch.

I should be on around 9:30 ish tonight, all depends on when the bloke goes to bed.

NinjaBoiX

I should be on from 9 fella. Although the mrs will probably come through the door drunk at some point near 10 so i may get momentarily distracted. But she has been warned - you can't go out half the night and then get annoyed when you come in and I'm already doing something, so nyer.
Haha...
Don't demote me, just because I won't be standing in line like a schmuck at midnight doesn't mean I won't be getting it fairly soon after launch.

I should be on around 9:30 ish tonight, all depends on when the bloke goes to bed.
...love that shit!
Use the usual Skype chat window and I'll join in if you lot are still playing.~
Of course. I can't see me still being on then though, Lee will start crying if he doesn't get his beauty sleep.

Edit: I'll be coming on around 9-9:30pm.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

nah, you's cool musha. always be the commish in here anyway :)

evangelion is just pseudo-deep shit that people cling onto because it's mecha with emotions oooo

bitches don't know about that moeshit

moeshit is da bomb

I don't even know why I liked it tbh. It was interesting but sure did get a bit TOO emo towards the middle. Fun though, and that ending was brilliant. Both of them. And there's a fuckin penguin, man! come on!

Fuck moe, moe is for paedos and BGBW (who is included separately from the paeds out of respect)

afoni

Banned
Moeshit is just slice of life with cute girls doing kinda cute things who are sometimes way over 16 anyway.

The paedos are the ones who make awkward fan art.

Anyway, I'm off out. See you later, Alligatorbritgaffatornator.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Moeshit is just slice of life with cute girls doing kinda cute things who are sometimes way over 16 anyway.

The paedos are the ones who make awkward fan art.

Anyway, I'm off out. See you later, Alligatorbritgaffatornator.

You sound like an american trying to defend having guns :p

Lirlond

Eva is good because its a deconstruction of the then super popular mecha anime. Its the same reason Madoka is so good. It takes common tropes and just turns them on their head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom