• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Mysterious Note said:
H0LELBm.jpg

I just found this in one of the buildings I look after. What does it mean? Can anyone crack the code?

might dress up as emma emmerich this halloween actually

Haha, I'd actually love to see this!

afoni

Banned
Just read the most amazing analogy ever.

"...never, ever start smoking. It’s like buying a fun baby dragon that will grow and eventually burn down your fucking house."

Rich!

Just read the most amazing analogy ever.

"...never, ever start smoking. It’s like buying a fun baby dragon that will grow and eventually burn down your fucking house."

Makes sense if you are holding up said dragon to your mouth and sucking the fumes out of it. And then slapping everyone around you in the face with said dragon, very very hard.

I don't like smoking.

Rich!

Does anyone know anywhere around the Bournemouth area where I may be able to borrow or rent camera lenses?

I'm just about to head out with my Nikon, and my dad's only given me my 55-200mm telephoto lens. That's no good for portrait shots. Can't get hold of my other lenses as they're locked in his house.

any ideas? Does a service like this actually exist? I would rather not have to stand a mile from my daughter to get decent shots of her.

Suairyu

Banned
but srsly guise that janelle monae album is the new hotness and probably the album of the year again

QUEEN works so much better when in the context of an album.

You're back! Where've you been, media duck?

Hey stranger!

Yo, duck!

I was wondering where you'd gone only a day or two ago. Good to see you around.
I've been about, but I haven't had time for community action. Between starting paid piano lessons, holding a weekly Pathfinder group, going snorkeling twice every weekend, hammering Diablo III two nights a week, getting the last few episodes of my current production out the door (we started broadcasting in the UK a few weeks ago - it's been less manic but more urgent, if that makes sense), and still maintaining some semblance of being a good boyfriend, I've had little time for random hanging out with dudes online.

If I've posted, it's either been for advice in the PnP thread or to make scathing attacks of people's racial ignorance.

whats the opinion of including a photo of yourself on your cv? yay or nay?
Question 1:
Are you considered 'talent' in the media world?
If yes, include a picture. If no, don't even fucking think about it.

No further questions.

Chinner

Banned
thought so. when applying for efl jobs it was a norm because they wanted to see if u were white and good looking lol.

maybe i am a talent, i am a internet celebrity after all. the mere mention of my name can make iammikeside aggravated and broody.

Darren870

Well under achievements I would definitely put down that Zelda Williams mentioned you on twitter.

I'd probably hire you if I saw that.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Incoming rare post by SuperSah!!!!

Anyone getting GTA V on release date?

Yeah lots of us I think. Most anticipated game of the gen yo!

As mentioned in the other thread, now thinking about cancelling my amazon order and picking it up at a local midnight launch because I'm so damn impatient. Come join the BritGAF crew on the social club if you've not already too.

NinjaBoiX

What building is it?

Bills you might fear... letterbox or something?
It's The Old Post Office on West Sunniside, a plush apartment block. Their bills have been going up recently, a lot actually, (long, very boring story) it's just a very strange way to lodge a compliant!

That's the problem with my buildings, we don't own them, we just maintain them. So the tenant are generally of a higher class, they're a bit more hoity toity and tend to complain a lot. It's like having 300 gaffers instead of one.

:/

*world's smallest violin*

Edit: Sah, where the hell have you been you little rapscallion? We've been worried sick! You're grounded for a month!

afoni

Banned

As mentioned in the other thread, now thinking about cancelling my amazon order and picking it up at a local midnight launch because I'm so damn impatient. Come join the BritGAF crew on the social club if you've not already too.

Link me, bearded lady man.

afoni

Banned
I'm getting it on Ps3 because of you guys and my mate who is carrying a Ps3 around with him in France/New York.

Feel privileged.

SuperSah

Banned

The better question is;
Who ISN'T getting GTA V on release?

I'll be representin' PS3 crew from my hotel room in Sheffield, son.

Ah, i'll be on the Xbox playing. Shame I can't play with you guys, i'm getting it from Amazon, their centre's 50 minutes away, so I expect day one delivery anyway.

Also, represent Sheffield well, please. </3

Also, what's the Social Club?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, i'll be on the Xbox playing. Shame I can't play with you guys, i'm getting it from Amazon, their centre's 50 minutes away, so I expect day one delivery anyway.

This. I'll be on the box, sir/madam/whatever.

Mikeside

You're Sheffield too, right?
If you fancy a swift bevvie or two mid-week then give me a holler - I'm going to be back up there for work Monday night - Thursday afternoon next week & probably the same again the following week.

I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing donkey show again too, unless he's had his fill.

Should I get that PS3 GTA V bundle or hunt for an older PS3 model?

I've got a new model PS3 and I don't understand people who have issues with it, t'is fine.

Darren870

I'm not either. Hardly got through IV. I don't even play games anymore...I think I might just sell everything and keep my xbox (for the ROMS) and my 360 for all the arcade games I've downloaded and never played :(

Wii and the 360 physical games can go. So many I've never played and have no intention to really....What a waste of money

Chinner

Banned
iamikeside what do you do when ur going to pick up gtav at its midnight release but on the way you meet a girl who has sex with you?

do you take her back to the flat and do the deed, do you ignore her and play gtav or do you attempt to do both?

SuperSah

Banned
This. I'll be on the box, sir/madam/whatever.

Excellent, cheers, thanks. I'm a sir, good man/woman. :p

You're Sheffield too, right?
If you fancy a swift bevvie or two mid-week then give me a holler - I'm going to be back up there for work Monday night - Thursday afternoon next week & probably the same again the following week.

I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing donkey show again too, unless he's had his fill.

I've got a new model PS3 and I don't understand people who have issues with it, t'is fine.

Yeah, i'm from Sheffield. Shame, i'm currently in London though right now. :(

I appreciate the offer!

Mikeside

Maybe Tuesday. I'll let you know as it gets closer. ^^ Gotta grab some burritos if we do, bro.

Burritos is a must.

iamikeside what do you do when ur going to pick up gtav at its midnight release but on the way you meet a girl who has sex with you?

do you take her back to the flat and do the deed, do you ignore her and play gtav or do you attempt to do both?

Doggy style and I can watch her play over her shoulder. She can pass me the controller as she blows me to completion.

Also, I've pre-ordered on PSN so I can just pre-download it & unlock at midnight.

...except I've just realized I'm going to be in a hotel, relying on their dodgy internet.
I hope I can do most of the download before Monday morning or I've just wasted £15 on nothing haha. Shit.

NinjaBoiX

GTA5 will likely be better on 360 if MC:LA, GTA4 and RDR are anything to go by. RDR in particular looked a mess on PS3; low resolution, poor draw distance, tearing and frame rate problems, teh jaggies, it was like night and day. But, as long as there isn't such a disparity, I'll just get it on PS3 to play with you guys.

What's the deal with this social club thing? Can I not just come and join a game if I'm not in the R* clique? I don't want to feel obligated to play by being Chief Meathead or whatever! I can just be a lowly grunt, a mercenary if you will, and still play with my peeps right?

What's the benefits of the social club thing? Someone fill me in.

Edit: NVM, Screaming Meat and Jed posted links.

But you can still play regardless right? You don't need to be signed up to join the party or anything?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm gonna be getting on 360... (Up yours y'all)

booo! I was looking forward to seeing your drunk driving skillz.

Seems there are a few 360 guys here though and that's cool, you can still be in the crew on a different platform, very cool of R* there.

Burritos is a must.

Doggy style and I can watch her play over her shoulder. She can pass me the controller as she blows me to completion.

Also, I've pre-ordered on PSN so I can just pre-download it & unlock at midnight.

...except I've just realized I'm going to be in a hotel, relying on their dodgy internet.
I hope I can do most of the download before Monday morning or I've just wasted £15 on nothing haha. Shit.

oh my... i wonder... does that mean... have I got this too then??

What's the deal with this social club thing? Can I not just come and join a game if I'm not in the R* clique? I don't want to feel obligated to play by being Chief Meathead or whatever! I can just be a lowly grunt, a mercenary if you will, and still play with my peeps right?

I think it's just a thing that links all our stats together and makes it easier to play together (i think, not having used it before). I would assume you could play with us without being in the crew, but why would you want to do that? You're one of us bro, don't be an outsider. I can keep you the lowest level grunt if you like, but there are no real responsibilities anyway.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
GTA5 will likely be better on 360 if MC:LA, GTA4 and RDR are anything to go by. RDR in particular looked a mess on PS3; low resolution, poor draw distance, tearing and frame rate problems, teh jaggies, it was like night and day. But, as long as there isn't such a disparity, I'll just get it on PS3 to play with you guys.

What's the benefits of the social club thing? Someone fill me in.

When you play with your crew, you will get extra rep/XP. Quite a bit, usually. Access to stats. It's also easier to join a game with your crew. You can see when they're online etc. If Max Payne 3 is anything to go by, you may even get some extra in-game items (masks, special perks etc.). You can be muscle, you don't have to run the place. Jedeye is the Boss.

I think it's just a thing that links all our stats together and makes it easier to play together (i think, not having used it before). I would assume you could play with us without being in the crew, but why would you want to do that? You're one of us bro, don't be an outsider. I can keep you the lowest level grunt if you like, but there are no real responsibilities anyway.

^This too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom