• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

thinking of slimming down for next year and then cross-dress cosplaying as emma emmerich for mcm next year

like, genuinely considering it

You'll get plenty of attention for it - I think it's an awesome idea.

I've started watching Portlandia. I'm not sure it's really clicked with me yet. I feel like it's way funnier than I'm finding it.

Kinda weird that 8 out of 10 Cats is doing a whole season of Countdown, but I've been laughing so hard so keep it up. Joe Wilkinson, have my drunk babies.

tumblr_mlkx80sLln1rhfc5lo3_r4_500.gif

tumblr_mrnxq1gain1qc39sao2_r1_500.gif

f0rk

I've started watching Portlandia. I'm not sure it's really clicked with me yet. I feel like it's way funnier than I'm finding it.

I watched half of the pilot and didn't like it, was too cringey for me, although I wasn't expecting it to be a sketch show.
I am enjoying Modern Family though.

Mikeside

Kinda weird that 8 out of 10 Cats is doing a whole season of Countdown, but I've been laughing so hard so keep it up. Joe Wilkinson, have my drunk babies.

tumblr_mlkx80sLln1rhfc5lo3_r4_500.gif

tumblr_mrnxq1gain1qc39sao2_r1_500.gif

Yeah, I love their Countdown episodes.
It helps that Rachel Riley is possibly the most attractive woman on the planet.

I'm 5 episodes in... I think it's clicking now, to be honest, but some of the sketches lack any subtlety which ruins it.

I watched half of the pilot and didn't like it, was too cringey for me, although I wasn't expecting it to be a sketch show.
I am enjoying Modern Family though.

Modern Family is great. Gotta love Al Bundy.

afoni

Banned
looking at rachel riley reminds me of the first time i danced with a girl and felt how soft their skin was and went off later feeling myself up and wondering why i was not that soft

SKINNER!

Banned
What a start to the season. Boy, am I a happy chappy right now.

iEtLukbUwEpiy.gif

Really need to find a Glasgow bar that shows NFL since the one that was close to me closed earlier this year and turned into some hipster studenty bar :(

Rich!

Hm. I want to do a thread in gaming titled "Does anyone else miss the Nintendo "magic"?", but I just know it'll be locked within five posts.

But hell, it's true. I played through the whole of Link to the Past today and it feels like a grand adventure, just as much as when I first played it. That was almost two decades ago. Same for Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Donkey Kong Country 2. Very few Nintendo games do for me nowadays.

But then again...Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 completely prove my point moot.

I guess what I should be getting at is this: Skyward Sword fucking sucked.

SKINNER!

Banned
Pretty sure that Nintendo "magic" is nostalgia.

Wrong thread?

Right thread. Choke on my NFL related post. This is probably going to be the only win Lions get this season. Shit's more rare than Mew.

and btw, people complained about Britgaf moving fast? They ain't seen nothing!! NFL thread moves like 4 pages a minute.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Well I just went to a resturaunt and didn't have a burger or any red meat or any chips

I should become a food critique

8bit

Knows the Score
Hm. I want to do a thread in gaming titled "Does anyone else miss the Nintendo "magic"?", but I just know it'll be locked within five posts.

But hell, it's true. I played through the whole of Link to the Past today and it feels like a grand adventure, just as much as when I first played it. That was almost two decades ago. Same for Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Donkey Kong Country 2. Very few Nintendo games do for me nowadays.

But then again...Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 completely prove my point moot.

I guess what I should be getting at is this: Skyward Sword fucking sucked.

I really disliked Skyward Sword, which was a shame as I had been looking forward to it for ages. Similarly, Pikmin 3 turned me off quickly as it seemed to insist on handholdy bullshit and poor controls. Not really expecting the Wii U to do anything other than gather dust for the immediate future.

afoni

Banned
I really disliked Skyward Sword, which was a shame as I had been looking forward to it for ages. Similarly, Pikmin 3 turned me off quickly as it seemed to insist on handholdy bullshit and poor controls. Not really expecting the Wii U to do anything other than gather dust for the immediate future.

hyped skyward sword up to the point where I spent a cool 14 hours straight playing it on day -1 and wasn't really all that disappointed.

i mean, yeah, it's a weak 3d zelda, but its not a weak game.

8bit

Knows the Score
hyped skyward sword up to the point where I spent a cool 14 hours straight playing it on day -1 and wasn't really all that disappointed.

i mean, yeah, it's a weak 3d zelda, but its not a weak game.

I found the controls frustrating and the opening sequence more extended/tedious that it needed to be. Then when the actual game seemed to begin my shield was broken by some Deku dick and I just felt I wasn't having any fun at all. Maybe it's me and I should go back to it but I think my hands forgot how to deal with the Wii. Also, I'm a lefty so it felt like betrayal.

If you want "Nintendo magic", play Kid Icarus Uprising. Or Luigi's Mansion 2. The former from perhaps the only truly unrestricted developer working alongside Nintendo today, the latter from a studio with a massive amount of heart and not a lot of other opportunities to show it.

Nintendo's stagnancy hails from its older studios. The day Zelda will feel worthy of its name again is the day they let Retro, or EAD Tokyo, or Next Level, or Monolith, or Sora get their hands on it. The core EAD studios are too old and too set in their ways to produce anything truly alive again. Skyward Sword is like a doll; you may find it to be perfectly crafted, but it's dead behind the eyes.

(Animal Crossing is, perhaps, the exception. Dunno where they found the power to make that one feel exciting again, but they sure as hell did it.)

8bit

Knows the Score
If you want "Nintendo magic", play Kid Icarus Uprising. Or Luigi's Mansion 2. The former from perhaps the only truly unrestricted developer working alongside Nintendo today, the latter from a studio with a massive amount of heart and not a lot of other opportunities to show it.

I would love to, but I'm led to believe Kid Icarus is unplayable for left handers. That said, there's still a lot of magic on the 3DS, Fire Emblem has sunk loads of my time this year and I've played a bit of Luigi's Mansion but it belongs to my son and I didn't really gel with the original so haven't persevered.

afoni

Banned
Also, I'm a lefty so it felt like betrayal.

I've got a mate who's a lefty and he found it fine. Granted, he's constantly got a hard on for Nintendo, but he apparently found it fine.

I can imagine lots of left handed folk felt miffed about it.

I would love to, but I'm led to believe Kid Icarus is unplayable for left handers. That said, there's still a lot of magic on the 3DS, Fire Emblem has sunk loads of my time this year and I've played a bit of Luigi's Mansion but it belongs to my son and I didn't really gel with the original so haven't persevered.

Oh, yeah, I guess it probably isn't too playable for lefties. Sorry.

Or, hey, maybe it is! I'm one of the freaks who plays it without that idiotic stand, apparently, so my perspective on that game is screwed. :p

afoni

Banned
Kid Icarus is my favourite game of 2012. I have about 70 or 80 hours of playtime on my file and it's 98.8% complete.

how is sky regarded as a broadband supplier? seem to be affordable, and cant you haggle them down on the phone?

They're reliable enough, from my experience. Just not sure how good their coverage is in terms of location, but if you're in Leeds you probably shouldn't be dealt crappy speeds like my parents were.

SKINNER!

Banned
Aren't the Lions rugby?

icEk80Y6UptBV.gif

The number of times I heard that...

Also Detroit's NFL team

ha, still got a a couple drink stains from the last superbowl party. Watched the game in the West End with some patriotic Americans Glaswegians who knew the star The Star-Spangled Banner (Pretty sad). One of them was a Ravens fan and the dude was literally on his knees throughout the second half praying for them to win and his friend was another Lions fan who travelled/stayed in downtown Detroit (and lived to tell the tale). Such a great night that was when the Ravens won.
Picked the jersey up 2 years ago when the Chicago Bears came to Wembley stadium. That was the only Lions jersey that had! Might pick up a smaller Calvin Johnson one with proper stitching someday the next time I cross the Atlantic. But still, you won't find any other sucker in Scotland wearing that thing I tell ya!

Chinner

Banned
They're reliable enough, from my experience. Just not sure how good their coverage is in terms of location, but if you're in Leeds you probably shouldn't be dealt crappy speeds like my parents were.

im living out in halifax in a small village lol. bai bai uper faster internet :( (hello big cottage at least)

im living out in halifax in a small village lol. bai bai uper faster internet :( (hello big cottage at least)

Ah. I guess every ISP's a crap shoot if you're in a village, so I couldn't really say one way or the other about Sky.

I think they're pretty good when it comes to being haggled, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom