• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

I am fucking wetting myself with excitement. I spent a good chunk of this weekend playing Killzone Mercs (and some Senran Kagura), so seeing a flood of good Vita news is quite the perfect start to the week.

PSVita TV + PSPlus + eventual portable Vita + cloud saving = a deal that is far too good. Hope the media streaming/apps are top notch too and then it's a no brainer.

EDIT: Still uses those shitty memory card. That's dampened the hype a touch.

Also, remember I'm coming up to Sheffield tonight, so let me know if tomorrow or Wednesday night is best for you to grab a few drinks and whatnot?

Going to try and have a more subdued night this time as the funds aren't great and I still have Eurogamer to pay for!

Tomorrow night sounds good so far. Tweaked my knee a bit from practice yesterday so won't be able to walk to far, granted you don't have to walk to drink!

Wunder

Hey guys,

Has anyone successfully ordered things from amazon.com? Not .co.uk but the US/International site? I ask because I have an American 3DSXL and would need to import the games from American sites and was wondering if they ship to UK addresses.

SKINNER!

Banned
Right, decision time.

Xperia Z1 or Note 3? I did say earlier this year that I was going to go for the Note 3 but now I'm thinkin' it's a little too big for my liking so I'm leaning towards the Z1. Will I be missing out on anything by choosing a Sony device or a Samsung one?

Hey guys,

Has anyone successfully ordered things from amazon.com? Not .co.uk but the US/International site? I ask because I have an American 3DSXL and would need to import the games from American sites and was wondering if they ship to UK addresses.

I ordered a book once and they shipped it to the UK address. Took about a week and a bit. Be warned, UK Customs will shaft you since Amazon plaster their logo on the packaging. Also, if you're paying using a UK Debit card then you will get shafted with a conversion fee...maybe. Check your bank.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Hey guys,

If you're here for a while, it may be worth just getting a new one

NinjaBoiX

Right, decision time.

Xperia Z1 or Note 3? I did say earlier this year that I was going to go for the Note 3 but now I'm thinkin' it's a little too big for my liking so I'm leaning towards the Z1. Will I be missing out on anything by choosing a Sony device or a Samsung one?
I wouldn't get a Note Shorty, they are just too big.

I fancied the Z1 but it was like £250 upgrade fee (wat) so I thought hell naw! I would go for an iPhone, but the irreplaceable battery bothers me. I burn through replacement batteries for my Note 1!

I think I'll just put up with it until next year then upgrade to something better. I'm sticking with Android though, it's a pain, but I think it's this phone more than anything. It can't be this bad for everyone surely!
Tash,

Have you brought train tickets yet?
Yes!

Please be excite.

Wunder

I ordered a book once and they shipped it to the UK address. Took about a week and a bit. Be warned, UK Customs will shaft you since Amazon plaster their logo on the packaging. Also, if you're paying using a UK Debit card then you will get shafted with a conversion fee...maybe. Check your bank.

If you're here for a while, it may be worth just getting a new one

Thanks guys :( Situation sounds rough but I guess I'll see once I get there.

SKINNER!

Banned
I wouldn't get a Note Shorty, they are just too big.

See, that's what I'm thinking. It's a great practical phone but it's quite hideous. I'm just concerned that it's too big. Z1 looks really nice and if it's the same specs with just a slightly smaller screen then I might go for that.

NinjaBoiX

See, that's what I'm thinking. It's a great practical phone but it's quite hideous. I'm just concerned that it's too big. Z1 looks really nice and if it's the same specs with just a slightly smaller screen then I might go for that.
The Z1 looks wicked, I would have it now if they didn't want so much to upgrade. The only other ones I fancied were the S4 (meh), or the iPhone (no SD card or battery swap = nope), so I'm still torn.

But seriously, I spent about two or three months trying to convince myself that this phone isn't too big.

It really is though...

SKINNER!

Banned
The Z1 looks wicked, I would have it now if they didn't want so much to upgrade. The only other ones I fancied were the S4 (meh), or the iPhone (no SD card or battery swap = nope), so I'm still torn.

But seriously, I spent about two or three months trying to convince myself that this phone isn't too big.

It really is though...

you not getting any freebies with the Z1 upgrade though? Been reading that with O2 you can get the camera lens free with it and on EE you get the watch. Both items are worth like £100+. Haggle like nuts and see if they'll work something out for you.

Darren870

Thanks guys :( Situation sounds rough but I guess I'll see once I get there.

Better off having someone ship it over to you and open the game. It won't be worth it with customs and other fees. That or check ebay for American versions in the UK.

Trust me I know. I only have US systems here and basically have to go through the states or wait till I go home to buy new games. I got hit once when my dad sent me over some games I ordered off amazon US. They wanted more then the games were worth! Luckily after a lot of bickering back and forth I got them to drop it.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, I don't care about the goodies really, £250 is still too much, especially as they're already charging me £100 for upgrading early, which I can recoup by selling my Note.

Argh, I'd just hang on, but this phone is so fucked man. I dont get texts and phone calls sometimes, it'll just randomly slow to a crawl out of nowhere, watching embedded YT links now causes the screen to blink uncontrollably.

The quandary I have, is that upgrading now, I can sell this while it still functions in a manner of speaking! Next year it probably won't.

Mikeside

Tomorrow night sounds good so far. Tweaked my knee a bit from practice yesterday so won't be able to walk to far, granted you don't have to walk to drink!

Ooh savage mate - we'll go easy on ya.
We'll be staying at a different place this time, so it might be easier to meet you in town?

Hey guys,

videogamesplus.ca is a good way to get US versions of games and the shipping is super reasonable as well. I've done with this several games already like Dragon's Crown and Zone of the Enders HD special edition.

Ooh savage mate - we'll go easy on ya.
We'll be staying at a different place this time, so it might be easier to meet you in town?

Sounds good. Where are you guys staying?

8bit

Knows the Score
videogamesplus.ca is a good way to get US versions of games and the shipping is super reasonable as well. I've done with this several games already like Dragon's Crown and Zone of the Enders HD special edition.

2nding this, also they're really nice.

Yeah, I don't care about the goodies really, £250 is still too much, especially as they're already charging me £100 for upgrading early, which I can recoup by selling my Note.

Argh, I'd just hang on, but this phone is so fucked man. I dont get texts and phone calls sometimes, it'll just randomly slow to a crawl out of nowhere, watching embedded YT links now causes the screen to blink uncontrollably.

The quandary I have, is that upgrading now, I can sell this while it still functions in a manner of speaking! Next year it probably won't.

Did you get my text yesterday?

NinjaBoiX

Did you get my text yesterday?
Nope.

:/

See what I mean!

Send it again thank you kindly.

SmokeyDave, when is going to be good to catch up with you and the missus? I was thinking before or after the gig on Tuesday 24th, either before 8pm or after 11pm. Is that any good for you guys? It's just were leaving the next day around tea time, I can't see when else we could catch up. I'm assuming you guys are at work during the day of course.

Nope.

:/

See what I mean!

Send it again thank you kindly.

So conversing by text is problematic, due to your shitty phone. By PM on here would be ok except Mods can read them, and however fun that might be for them I'm not sure I'd want them to know the kind of things we talk about. And you're not on facebook so we can't use messenger on there.

:/ indeed

Text sent again anyway

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So conversing by text is problematic, due to your shitty phone. By PM on here would be ok except Mods can read them, and however fun that might be for them I'm not sure I'd want them to know the kind of things we talk about. And you're not on facebook so we can't use messenger on there.

Text sent again anyway

Just do it in the thread. Enquiring minds wanna know! :p

Jordan

Text sent again anyway

Emails - Google Talk - Google Hangouts - Skype on phone

Edit: Whatsapp, twitter (dm's)

So I just finished reading the 40 Days of Dating blog, and I'm having a hard time taking it seriously when the ending makes the whole thing seem perfect for a film or TV show or something.

Gotta laugh at how shitty the audio on the video sounds too, given the generally professional air of the rest of it. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't find the whole thing to be a decent read.

moving some stuff into my new digs today

gonna be gr8

You found somewhere? Nice job.

afoni

Banned
You found somewhere? Nice job.

Found the place on Wednesday, got a viewing the next day, picked the keys up on Saturday. It only took us 4 damn days. If we'd have gone through an agent instead of dealing directly with the landlord it probably would have taken about 2 weeks.

Found the place on Wednesday, got a viewing the next day, picked the keys up on Saturday. It only took us 4 damn days. If we'd have gone through an agent instead of dealing directly with the landlord it probably would have taken about 2 weeks.

Yeah, landlords are the way to go. Dealing with them is so much more convenient and straightforward. Mainly because they usually just wanna get rooms filled.

NinjaBoiX

Text sent again anyway
Sounds like someone is missing the smutty texts eh? I have been slacking recently to be honest, I should really get my filth on...

You haven't been bored at work in a while either mind. I think maybe you should go and buy the biggest file you can find and keep it close to hand at your desk, just in case you get the urge.

;P
Mods can read PMs?
Yeah, they have access to everything. Even your edits and stuff. Nothing is sacred dude!

afoni

Banned
Yeah, landlords are the way to go. Dealing with them is so much more convenient and straightforward. Mainly because they usually just wanna get rooms filled.

She was so nice too. She sympathised with the awkward situation we were in and understood that we were students and not really all that aware of how to deal with everything, so she detailed it all as we went.

She also left so much crap behind for us to use.

I'm not hip enough to be him. He is a level above.

Mikeside

That one is the background on my phone now.
So hot, you guys.

...actually my PC background is genuinely still Tashbrooke's bath photo. I think I need to change it for my sanity.

Just do it in the thread. Enquiring minds wanna know! :p

Sounds like someone is missing the smutty texts eh? I have been slacking recently to be honest, I should really get my filth on...

You haven't been bored at work in a while either mind. I think maybe you should go and buy the biggest file you can find and keep it close to hand at your desk, just in case you get the urge.

;P

Yeah, they have access to everything. Even your edits and stuff. Nothing is sacred dude!

Uh, no Jed, I really don't think that's a good idea.

Ninj, stop it ;P Not in the thread

in my imagination you're both nevernudes

...it's a real thing.

I don't have a Tobias Funke .gif to hand, so I'm just going to post this .gif of Luigi launching into space.

tumblr_msqmnbncIQ1se5yioo1_250.gif

Volotaire

Right, decision time.

I would highly suggest you try in a Note 2 in a shop before you purchase. I loved the theory of having a phablet but in reality, my hands are small and it would look odd next to my ear when taking calls. great handset though

Z1 is definitely smaller but its actually quite a bit taller than the old Xperia Z. Not sure how the reviews for the screen will turn out but it looks like a great handset.

If you miss out ons Samsung , you'll miss out on Touchwiz. What good stuff they've got is the mutiwindows features, multitasking 2 programs on one screen, the hand gestures and eye gestures might appeal to you, and optimization with their cameras.

With Sony you'll get a skin more akin to Stock Android, and although its simple,. I still don't think it tops the new Sense 5.0 one.

So overall, it depends. Can you pocket comfortably your Note in all your pockets, and do you mind using a larger phone which you may have to operate woth a stylus>? Do you mind Touchwiz too messy for me but great software)? Do you like AMOLED or LCD?#

ALso note, Samsung base is 32GB plus SD card but Sony is 16GB plus sd card. If you're not rooting,. then installing apps will be more comfortable on the Smasung. I also don't like the look of that faux leather, but you can getv a replacement plastic case. even then, the Samsung doesn't look as good or feel compare to the SOny. But the Sony does have a very angular design that could feel uncomfortable in your hands.

Out of these two, it just depends of your preferences really.Don't go for raw specs, even with the 3GB of ram, if you're not rooting, Touchwiz is resource heavy. On the flip side, don't be fooled by the 20.1 MP camera numbering, wait for the appearance of shots if you're interested in a camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom