• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

I'm rather interested in hearing what you have to say. I used to work in an outsourced call centre for Virgin Media for two years so, yeah, this kind of stuff is of interest to me.

They're just fucking useless. This is the fourth call I've made regarding the same fucking issue.

The first time, someone said they would call me back within an hour - I waited in for two hours and said fuck it and went out. The second time I called back after monitoring everything the first person said, with thirteen outages within the space of 4 days and they person said they made configuration changes to my superhub. The third time they arranged for an engineer to come out (pretty much claiming that the Superhub needed replacing) and then ten minutes after they hung up they sent an automated message to my phone saying that there was a fault in the area and that the engineer had been cancelled. The fourth time, the guy changed the wireless channel which has fuck all to do with any of my issues and has assured me that I won't need to call back. If he changed something else (baring in mind, I checked the wireless channel and it's different from what it was before) and it works then fair on the bloke, but if I have to fucking call them one more time I will go ape shit at them, because it's fucking pointless now - the superhub is faulty, it has been since day one of me getting it and they just point blank refuse to replace the cunting thing.

Every single person I have spoken to there knows less than me and are blatantly reading a fucking script, because as soon as I start using terms like WAN and DHCP they go 'err err... erm... two minutes sir' - I work in IT, I have diagnosed the superhub and it definitely fucking broken but nobody even begins to listen and just gets confused. It does my fucking head in, I don't want to speak to technical monkeys reading a script, I actually want to speak to someone who knows what they're doing.

Symphonia

Banned
It does my fucking head in, I don't want to speak to technical monkeys reading a script, I actually want to speak to someone who knows what they're doing.
The thing is, you're not speaking to some technical monkey reading a script. Virgin Media don't have scripts to go by as far as telephone advisors are concerned.

Jordan

The thing is, you're not speaking to some technical monkey reading a script. Virgin Media don't have scripts to go by as far as telephone advisors are concerned.

Then they really need to hire people who actually have the smallest amount of knowledge in networking or even just something. I have spoken to Virgin Media so many times and it's always been the same every time I've spoken to them and it's fucking stupid.

Fuck it.

I'm taking a break guys. Forum is turning to shitfest of console wars.

I'll be on facebook and on twitter @zomgbbqftw_1 until the consoles launch. See you guys in London.

Darren870

Fuck it.

I'll be on facebook and on twitter @zomgbbqftw_1 until the consoles launch. See you guys in London.

People go to the gaming section?

mind-blowing_1454.gif

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Getting more and more tempted to buy GTA V at launch. Especially with the Gamestop deal.

NinjaBoiX

I finished TLoU today.

Too many feels...

The remedy tonight is some mates showing up out of the blue, so we're just getting wrecked playing Mortal Kombat and making random YT playlists.

The lame smack talk is hilarious! I should be writing this shit down.

SKINNER!

Banned
Fuck it.

Just chill in here bro :) Away from the madness of console fanboys and bullshit.

f0rk

What is console war drama even about at the moment? All I see is new MS people popping up with targeted damage control that shows they have clearly had a meeting about it.

What is console war drama even about at the moment? All I see is new MS people popping up with targeted damage control that shows they have clearly had a meeting about it.

I can't seem to tell either. Seems to be about splitting hairs over those quotes. Page after page of misquotes, people misinterpreting things on purpose, those with no knowledge of computer chips and imagery pretending they know all there is. Chaotic mess.

Symphonia

Banned
TechGAF, I need your help. I just acquired an AVI video file. I want to play that video file on my iPhone but, naturally, iPhone does not support AVI playback. I've tried using one of the media players you can download from the App Store, but that didn't work. I converted the video file to MP4 and tried again, but still no luck. For some reason, it keeps coming back that the audio file is not supported and I need to pay £5.99 for the 'codec pack' - fuck that, I refuse to pay that price. So, I'm just wondering what I should do to get it to play - the audio format is AC3, if that helps.

xist

TechGAF, I need your help.

Far from being TechGAF but have you tried an alternative converter with pre-set profiles like XMedia Recode? It's what i use whenever i need to convert mkv's without re-encoding.

In further news, started new job on Tuesday....now i'm never home, not getting paid anything and am tired all the time. The perq's of getting "employed" by a friend....

SKINNER!

Banned
TechGAF, I need your help. I just acquired an AVI video file. I want to play that video file on my iPhone but, naturally, iPhone does not support AVI playback.

Stopped reading at that point to wipe my tears of laughter.

EDIT: lmao, £5.99 to play a simple video file on a high-end device like an iphone. My sides!

afoni

Banned
Today was insane. Signed the tenancy agreement with witness and picked up the keys, went home, transferred some money over to my COOL housemate's account, only just managed to get my arse to my mate's pre-21st celebration with his family and friends, ended up playing with the kids more than everyone else for the first half (there it now a picture of me with one kid hanging off of each arm as I do a hercules pose), and then I got a bit more pissed and danced like an idiot.

Stress turned into a good night.

Jordan

Just had the realization of the fact that all of my animals are getting really old and will probably begin to pass away soon.
Oldest cat has a huge abscess in his leg, it causes him no pain but he is fourteen and if we take him to the vets they will tell us he needs to be put down. Youngest cat is eleven and she's sat in my chair at the moment with a massive abscess on her mouth and I've just sat here stroking her for half hour, when we first got her the vets told us she wouldn't see a day past a year old. The cats are both mine and obviously being twenty two and having them since they were kittens has gotten to me a little bit tonight.
Also have a dog who is nine and is definitely getting older as she is becoming more and more unhealthy as the days go on, but she isn't mine and I don't think I'm as attached to her as I am the cats :/

/feels

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
TechGAF, I need your help. I just acquired an AVI video file. I want to play that video file on my iPhone but, naturally, iPhone does not support AVI playback. I've tried using one of the media players you can download from the App Store, but that didn't work. I converted the video file to MP4 and tried again, but still no luck. For some reason, it keeps coming back that the audio file is not supported and I need to pay £5.99 for the 'codec pack' - fuck that, I refuse to pay that price. So, I'm just wondering what I should do to get it to play - the audio format is AC3, if that helps.

VLC? It's free, should play everything.

Jordan

Handbrake is the best video converter for iPhones.

Mikeside

Just had the realization of the fact that all of my animals are getting really old and will probably begin to pass away soon.
Oldest cat has a huge abscess in his leg, it causes him no pain but he is fourteen and if we take him to the vets they will tell us he needs to be put down. Youngest cat is eleven and she's sat in my chair at the moment with a massive abscess on her mouth and I've just sat here stroking her for half hour, when we first got her the vets told us she wouldn't see a day past a year old. The cats are both mine and obviously being twenty two and having them since they were kittens has gotten to me a little bit tonight.
Also have a dog who is nine and is definitely getting older as she is becoming more and more unhealthy as the days go on, but she isn't mine and I don't think I'm as attached to her as I am the cats :/

/feels

I just got back from Jed's and am currently chilling with my dog Charlie. He's ...13? Still very active and healthy but I'm getting more and more aware of his age as lurchers generally live 12-15 years.

Will be a massive hit when he passes - he's been my best bud for half my life, longer than anyone I know other than family.

Jordan

I just got back from Jed's and am currently chilling with my dog Charlie. He's ...13? Still very active and healthy but I'm getting more and more aware of his age as lurchers generally live 12-15 years.

Will be a massive hit when he passes - he's been my best bud for half my life, longer than anyone I know other than family.

They're both healthy cats and the oldest is quite active, the youngest has always been a house cat so she just sits around and sleeps most days, but she seems the worst at the moment :(

Poorly kitty said:

If you're up and want something mental to watch, for reasons I have yet to grasp, Sky News are live from a hospital. For 24 hours. So Kay Burley is just in a hospital. It's weird.

They've called it "STATE OF EMERGENCY" which isn't at all concerning.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Bought Saints Row 4. It's in ASDA for £25 if anyone is interested.

My God.

I was going to hold off buying it but I'm glad I didn't. So fun and I've only just got the super run and super jump.

I'm back in England and listening to Juicy J, a bit trippy from that ghost train. I'm still on Thai time though. Pah.

I really want an Alsatian because I know I'll never have kids but I'm too aware of their health problems as they get older. :(

Chinner

Banned
I hate how on nights out I'm just baby sitting other people, really tedious. someone got their phone stolen because they were drunk and left it out on the table and it got nicked.

SKINNER!

Banned

Hank Hill: What I was thinking was, Bobby could live in the doghouse. Yeah, that'll work. Bobby's only thirteen; it'll be fun for him. But Ladybird is thirteen. She doesn't have much time left, and she's set in her ways.

Yup, it's going to be a King of the Hill day today.

I like cats more but dog I'd go for? Welsh Corgi or a Jack Russell Terrier.

I hate how on nights out I'm just baby sitting other people, really tedious. someone got their phone stolen because they were drunk and left it out on the table and it got nicked.

You know, you sound like a very responsible person in RL compared to your online persona.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Welp. Left my laptop in Antalya airport. :( Only thing keeping me happy right now is laughing at AusGAF.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm always double checking my belonging on nightsout.

I really should get a thinner wallet so I can put it down my trouser pockets and not have to bother with the jacket or bag.

afoni

Banned
I'm feeling no hype. Fucking stress is killing any joy. And I'm also hoping that it will come for next gen consoles.

I've been almost non-stop busy since Wednesday. Today I've got a nice little get together with an old friend and then all of next week I'm going to be sorting out the new house and arranging bills and internet.

I might not be here often after tomorrow, BritGAF. No internet and the only things I'll be keeping myself busy with will be my Vita, my 3DS and whatever console I decide to bring with me to keep my entertained. Thanks to PS+, it'll probably be my Ps3. Or maybe my 360 so I can play Dragon's Dogma finally...

Decisions.

Edit: I've had Fire Emblem since May. Why the hell don't I just play that?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I got so fucked up last night and remember falling asleep on the roof but when I woke up I was back in the house

I really hope it was me that did the moving otherwise it was my flatmate or my boss

neither is good because both will find out.... oh bother

SuperSah

Banned
I'm feeling no hype. Fucking stress is killing any joy. And I'm also hoping that it will come for next gen consoles.

Hype hype hype. Hope your stress lays off a little.

Edit: I've had Fire Emblem since May. Why the hell don't I just play that?

Same question. I have it sitting here begging to be played, I just can't do it.

I'm enjoying Dream Team right now.

afoni

Banned
I will have a house to myself and nothing to do but wait for phonecalls and making phonecalls while I sort out bills. My Dad said he'll help out on the first day and I'm the first one moving in tomorrow, so I should have plenty of time to do absolutely nothing but play videogames. I'll buy GTAV on launch to piss off one of my housemates who had the nerve to phone me up and ask if I could pay the rent. Apparently he phoned our other housemate and said to her, "Michael is always buying games, can he pay the rent?"

She's cool though, so she told me and we both had a mutual moan about him.

Mikeside

Hank Hill: What I was thinking was, Bobby could live in the doghouse. Yeah, that'll work. Bobby's only thirteen; it'll be fun for him. But Ladybird is thirteen. She doesn't have much time left, and she's set in her ways.

Yup, it's going to be a King of the Hill day today.

I like cats more but dog I'd go for? Welsh Corgi or a Jack Russell Terrier.

You know, you sound like a very responsible person in RL compared to your online persona.

King of the Hill is so under-appreciated these days.
I fuckin' love that show.

TCRS

Banned
I will have a house to myself and nothing to do but wait for phonecalls and making phonecalls while I sort out bills. My Dad said he'll help out on the first day and I'm the first one moving in tomorrow, so I should have plenty of time to do absolutely nothing but play videogames. I'll buy GTAV on launch to piss off one of my housemates who had the nerve to phone me up and ask if I could pay the rent. Apparently he phoned our other housemate and said to her, "Michael is always buying games, can he pay the rent?"

She's cool though, so she told me and we both had a mutual moan about him.

dang, reading your story makes me glad I got my own place instead of sharing a flat. It's small and it can get lonely, but at least I don't have to deal with that sort of crap.

afoni

Banned
I'm just lucky that our landlord is lovely and understanding. She was doing a video inventory and had no idea how to work with her phone, so I helped her.

Brownie points, init.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom