• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonia

Banned
You're missing out but you can't force yourself to like it.
On the contrary, you can force yourself. My ex was getting bored of me going on and on about it so she decided to give it a go. She watched the pilot but wasn't too hot on it - I forced her to watch a few more episodes and now she's hooked. She's currently on the second season, so she has some catching up to do, but she's loving it.

NinjaBoiX

It just seemed obvious, even predictable, which makes me think I am wrong.
Oh, I stopped reading when you started talking about the ending.

nope.gif
So I'm only person who gives no fucks about Breaking Bad ?

Watched about 3 episodes of first season just shrugged never gone back to it
It takes a while to get going. Season 2 in particular can be a bit of a slog in the middle, but then it just takes off and get better and better.

It's into God tier territory at this point.

Give it a chance Hystzen, it's really as good as you've heard!

Edit: but I agree with Jordan,
the Looney Tunes shootout
had me rolling my eyes.

afoni

Banned
our landlord left a small crt tv in the house and said we can have it

guys should i become retro gamer 4eva and play n64 all day

I got into it late after hearing everyone raving about it, and I found the 1st season ok but a bit meh and not quite deserving of the praise it got, but I kept watching and it just got better and better, and then I got it.

but yeah even Andy pointed out the stormtrooper syndrome lunacy of the end

afoni

Banned
I watched all of the episodes before Hank finished shitting in the week before new episodes were airing about a month ago.

Newbie, but proud.

On the contrary, you can force yourself. My ex was getting bored of me going on and on about it so she decided to give it a go. She watched the pilot but wasn't too hot on it - I forced her to watch a few more episodes and now she's hooked. She's currently on the second season, so she has some catching up to do, but she's loving it.

Maybe, you'd literally have to use matchsticks to prop your eyes open if it didn't immediately "click".

f0rk

Don't even see what they achieved in the last 30 seconds, would have been much more dramatic if they cut straight away.

afoni

Banned
I think they just wanted to tease people with the prospect of
major characters dying so much that they decided a dumb shootout scene was necessary in order to set up a cliffhanger for the next episode, despite it being really dumb. It got me excited for what will happen next though, I'll give them that much. Everything is going to come together in these last 3 episodes.

So I'm only person who gives no fucks about Breaking Bad ?

Watched about 3 episodes of first season just shrugged never gone back to it

I did exactly the same. I may go back to it but I have so little time for TV these days, I'm going to be stretched with just Arrow and SHIELD. I should have re-subbed to Netflix earlier. Ah well.

Hystzen

I did exactly the same. I may go back to it but I have so little time for TV these days, I'm going to be stretched with just Arrow and SHIELD. I should have re-subbed to Netflix earlier. Ah well.

I will get back to it maybe few months after all the hype dies down after it ended.

Arrow..oh man I know I should hate the show for how stupid it is...but I can't help but love it

I'm glad people like Arrow. DC always seems to have worked better on TV, for some reason.

Makes me really hope they do a Gotham Central one day.

Hystzen

I'm glad people like Arrow. DC always seems to have worked better on TV, for some reason.

Makes me really hope they do a Gotham Central one day.

Felicity waifu material

Its going be interesting to see characters like The Flash turn up hopefully it not shitty like Smallville turned into when introducing other mainline heroes.

Just give me Slade Wilson in Sterling City being awesome

How are you liking Arrow? I've got 2 eps left of series 1

I like it. It's not high art by any means, but it's fun in a cheesy, soap opera way.

I feel the supporting cast carries it, Diggle in particular. Arnell's fine, and the girls seem to like him, but he's a bit wooden at times.

I like it. It's not high art by any means, but it's fun in a cheesy, soap opera way.

I feel the supporting cast carries it, Diggle in particular. Arnell's fine, and the girls seem to like him, but he's a bit wooden at times.

You mean Amell? Yes, yes he is, very fine ;)

I love Slade and Felicity. And Barrowman is just Barrowman, which is perfect.

Edit: wait there are 24eps? Then I have 4 more to go, yay!

Hystzen

What I love in Arrow is Ollie just straight up murders everybody it's amazing I wonder how many people he has killed in season1,I know in 1 episode he killed about 23

Chinner

Banned
How many inches bro

I'm going to spend too much money at Ikea tomorrow
It's a 42 inch Sony smart tv.

me and the gf went to IKEA to get a bed, but her mum has a furniture shop so gong to get other stuff through there and the quality won't be shit. getting a sofa will cost a bomb.

have to get dish washer and those appliances to

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Sounds good mon ami.
How was the game? Fun?
It was pretty great, not my fave though

me and the gf went to IKEA to get a bed, but her mum has a furniture shop so gong to get other stuff through there and the quality won't be shit. getting a sofa will cost a bomb.

I love Ikea

did you have some of dem' swedish meatballs

Chinner

Banned
i did actually. i got a medium and they gave me like 20 fucking meatballs. it was mental.

the fuckers are smart too, they put the desert BEFORE you get to the main food, so everyone is grabbing like deserts even though they're though they wont eat it.

afoni

Banned
nobody is moving into the new house yet

i feel like i might just hang out there for a small while and cry until people arrive

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

Sick TV Chin. And I know the appliance-hunt feel, just recently got a working washer and dryer and it's amazing not having to do a big trip once a week to the laundry mat. It was the last major purchase the gal and I needed to make our apartment a home. Got a TV, entertainment centre, coffee table, couch, dishwasher and the previously mentioned all this past summer. Also fixed up the breaks on my car so now I am less likely to die a horrible death.

I may be broke but in terms of material wealth I feel we are now royalty.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Think I'll wait until Breaking Bad is over before I give it a go.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
knowing one of my flatmates, she'll have her boyfriend sort her room out for that

Do it first. That way whenever you have an argument or she acts like a bitch and makes you feel like shit you can sit back and think 'bitch is sleeping next to my dried up wasted potential. Breath in the molecules floating through the air you fool!'.

Jordan

New iPhone and hopefully the new MBP announced today, that should keep my hype excitement for GTA down until Monday, then Monday after work it's sleepy time for me and then all nighter bitches!!!!

SteveWD40

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=80984785&postcount=1

The only thing worth going to gaming for.

That OT!

At first I was:

uzQOQ.gif

then I got to the mic drop:

zZSPk.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Image based OTs= bad.

Enjoy the lack of being able to find text guys.

Especially laughable when it has a table of contents which basically invites you to use Edit > Find.

Reknoc

Not clicking that since I know it's going to be a shit image heavy OT I'd rather not waste my 3G allowance on a press release disguised as an OT.

On the game itself though, not really sure what I want to do. PC version clearly isn't coming any time soon but haven't R* games historically ran like ass on the PS3?

Hasney

PS3 was target platform this time, allegedly. Not long to find out once the reviews roll in anyway.

Housemate is getting it on PS3 then I'll probably dive into online once I get the PC version eventually.

8bit

Knows the Score
Not clicking that since I know it's going to be a shit image heavy OT I'd rather not waste my 3G allowance on a press release disguised as an OT.

On the game itself though, not really sure what I want to do. PC version clearly isn't coming any time soon but haven't R* games historically ran like ass on the PS3?

I can't compare them to their 360 equivalents but MP3 & RDR were perfectly playable on PS3.

Also, that OT looks atrocious in my browser, what I assume are supposed to be double page spreads are all over the place.

Reknoc

Ok I guess I'll buy it the yolo and all that. Not gonna wait for the DF face off and I imagine most reviews for it are just going to be enbarrassing to read.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
IAlso, that OT looks atrocious in my browser, what I assume are supposed to be double page spreads are all over the place.
I admit I basically scrolled through the whole thing quickly the first time so I didn't notice but upon closer inspection it's the same for me even if I put my browser into FULL screen. Makes the bit where the text goes over two "pages" hilariously broken since the "pages" are arranged vertically.

All the buying links and trailers I'm not even touching with a barge poll. Just a complete mess (and who on a gaming enthusiast site doesn't know where to buy a game from?)

NinjaBoiX

Morning peeps,

Two weeks until my little UK-based holiday starts. I am excite. I get to see some of my favourite people, see one of my favourite bands and go to the Eurogamer Expo which I've always planned on doing. It's gonna be so awesome! Plus, Landan is the bomb innit.

I think I'm going to grab SR4 today too, why the fuck not eh?
I can't compare them to their 360 equivalents but MP3 & RDR were perfectly playable on PS3.

Also, that OT looks atrocious in my browser, what I assume are supposed to be double page spreads are all over the place.
MP3 was fine, but RDR on PS3 was a poor port. Every aspect was compromised; resolution, performance, textures, aliasing, but the most egregious was the awful draw distance and paring back of the shrubs and trees. The loading times didn't help either.

It is perfectly playable but it's transformed into one of the prettiest games this gen on 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom