• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

afoni

Banned
Red Leicester is the best cheese to casually have in the fridge.

Grated cheddar? Fuck that, get some orange stuff on.

Hystzen

z1245.jpg

Only cheese you should have

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I will have to rock out to this track at least once while driving a yacht ready to do some deep sea diving.

Ithink radio stations pretty shit this time really, no metal makes me sad and the classic rock selection is meh. Hopefully talk stations save it

Channel X is looking pretty tasty considering.

Hystzen

Worldwide FM could be interesting looking at that list.

Also did that OT just scan the manual and tweak it lol not sure if like or dislike it

SmokyDave

I made a baby! (Well, with the assistance of Mrs Smoky).

Wanted to wait until we were safely out of the first trimester to say anything. Went to see it today and it's a little beast! I nearly posted a scan photo, but that seems kinda tacky. It looks crazy though, proper lanky little person. We could even see it flexing its dinky fingers!

So, yeah, I'm going to be a dad. Feels pretty good, although my wallet is fretting a little. The PS4 isn't in any danger, but the XBone might need to take a seat until some killer exclusives land.

Wanted to wait until we were safely out of the first trimester to say anything. Went to see it today and it's a little beast! I nearly posted a scan photo, but that seems kinda tacky. It looks crazy though, proper lanky little person. We could even see it flexing its dinky fingers!

So, yeah, I'm going to be a dad. Feels pretty good, although my wallet is fretting a little. The PS4 isn't in any danger, but the XBone might need to take a seat until some killer exclusives land.

Congrats! That's excellent news, well done the both of you. And I'd love to see the scan pic.

NinjaBoiX

I don't even really listen to much punk, but I recognise Black Flag, The Adolescents, Agent Orange, The Germs, Circle Jerks and Suicidal Tendancies. Shame there's no Dead Kennedys.
Black Flag - Henry Rollins before he turned into a sellout cunt, awesome band.

ST and Agent Orange are pretty good too.

I which I knew Circle Jerks, what a mint name!

I think I'll be switching between Channel X, FlyLo and Radio Los Santos most of the time by the looks of it.

Edit: awesome David!

sqBmE.gif

Black Flag - Henry Rollins before he turned into a sellout cunt, awesome band.

wilson75zou.gif

Man, that's fucking awesome. Real happy for you.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Congratulations, dude! There IS lead in them thar pencils. I got my first due in about 16 days. Scans are pretty freaky, right?

Be prepared for a lot of footrubs, chief.

I think I'll be switching between Channel X, FlyLo and Radio Los Santos most of the time by the looks of it.

That's some good listenin', Lou. Lovea bit of FlyLo. :)

SmokyDave

Ah, cheers guys 'n' gals. Feels pretty fucking good, although scary.

Mush, I'll PM you the picture now, I'm dying to show off my little grey alien kid thingy.

Congratulations, dude! There IS lead in them thar pencils. I got my first due in about 16 days. Scans are pretty freaky, right?

Be prepared for a lot of footrubs, chief.
Ah, nice one man! High five.

Scans are, yeah, weird. It's strange to see something so small and insignificant, and yet realise it's now the most significant thing in my life until the day I die. Except the Vita, obviously.

Hystzen

tumblr_mqssxi0OOG1s9lw31o1_500.gif

Congrats

also love baby>PS4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Xbone rule

CONGRATS

NinjaBoiX

Ninja calling Rollins a sellout? Add it to the pile!
He flogs Levi jeans and presents Scrapheap Challenge US. Dude is such a sellout! Especially given the main tenets of Black Flag's ethos. I'm not sure how you could dispute this.

He was super cool.

Now he's not.
That's a good thing. I love getting introduced to all that new music, Radio Broker last time was a revelation.

edit: congrats Mr and Ms Smoky! awesome news :D
Yup. Electro Choc introduced me to the majesty of Justice.

SteveWD40

Congrats big man, I will be joining you soon enough...but for now:

RZWIjwe.gif

He flogs Levi jeans and presents Scrapheap Challenge US. Dude is such a sellout! Especially given the main tenets of Black Flag's ethos. I'm not sure how you could dispute this.

He was super cool.

Now he's not.

I'll give you the Levis. If you wanna call him a sellout based on that, go ahead. Doing that kind of endorsement seems wildly unnecessary. I didn't even know about that.

But all his other endeavours seem to be A-OK. The presenting, the acting, the stand-up, the TV shows. Whatever. Just don't let the money fuck with the music. That's all I want. It's not like he's... I dunno, Jay-Z.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, nice one man! High five.

predator-handshake-o.gif

Scans are, yeah, weird. It's strange to see something so small and insignificant, and yet realise it's now the most significant thing in my life until the day I die. Except the Vita, obviously.

Hahaha! My girl had to bloody well be due around the time I should be balls-deep in GTA V... :p

It took me a while to get used to the fact that the most irresponsible person on the planet was about to protect, shape and mold a new human being.

Congratulations again, sir. Keep us posted!

NinjaBoiX

I'll give you the Levis. If you wanna call him a sellout based on that, go ahead. Doing that kind of endorsement seems wildly unnecessary. I didn't even know about that.

But all his other endeavours seem to be A-OK. The presenting, the acting, the stand-up, the TV shows. Whatever. Just don't let the money fuck with the music. That's all I want. It's not like he's... I dunno, Jay-Z.
Fair enough, I see your point, but it's all in the context. Coming from the "fuck the system" punk ethos of Black Flag, he does seem like a sellout.

But if say, I dunno, Justin Bieber suddenly decides to flog Beats headphones, it'd seem about right as he already was a corporate shill to start with.

But yeah, Black Flag are wicked, as is some of The Rollins Band's stuff. He's an awesome dude, no doubt. Just some of his recent ventures seem to be at odds with his original "stick it to the man" rhetoric.

*shrugs*

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Fair enough, I see your point, but it's all in the context. Coming from the "fuck the system" punk ethos of Black Flag, he does seem like a sellout.

But if say, I dunno, Justin Bieber suddenly decides to flog Beats headphones, it'd seem about right as he already was a corporate shill to start with.

But yeah, Black Flag are wicked, as is some of The Rollins Band's stuff. He's an awesome dude, no doubt. Just some of his recent ventures seem to be at odds with his original "stick it to the man" rhetoric.

*shrugs*

I have to agree. He's not fighting the system anymore... HE IS THE SYSTEM.

*shrugs*

I think it's because I only really got into music in a time where scenes and such seem pretty much dead on their feet. So I never really subscribed to the importance of any genre or scene's culture. I always liked Bill Hick's stuff about commercials and artists, that always spoke to me (because fuck man, Johnny Rotten doing ads? That's just wrong, and the same definitely applies to Rollins), but I'm always wary about people seeing every sort of move interpreted as being "outside the culture" to be gross.

But again, that's the perspective of someone for whom music has always sorta been music and nothing more. I definitely lack the context, but to be honest, the attachment to the context seems like a massive bummer in the after years.

SKINNER!

Banned
If a person enjoys the item that they're shilling out then is it selling out? Maybe Iggy Pop got a good deal from Swift Cover insurance and decided to appear on their adverts because he geniunely wanted to.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I feel too young. :/

Time will fix that for you.

*shrugs*

I dunno man. I'm quite hardline about a punk ethic a lot of the time, but a man's gotta get paid. I find there is something fun and subversive about an old punk selling something. The music and artistic expression is still key - as long as they're doing it 4 reel I don't have any problem about them selling shit on the side to pay the bills.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Legendary. I like his bit on playing from your heart. That's not a comedy skit, it's an art manifesto.

If a person enjoys the item that they're shilling out then is it selling out? Maybe Iggy Pop got a good deal from Swift Cover insurance and decided to appear on their adverts because he geniunely wanted to.

Iggy Pop was one of my heroes till I saw that abortion.

I dunno man. I'm quite hardline about a punk ethic a lot of the time, but a man's gotta get paid.

Money is the fuel of all Art... but still, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth when people go back on their ethical stances.

NinjaBoiX

I think it's because I only really got into music in a time where scenes and such seem pretty much dead on their feet. So I never really subscribed to the importance of any genre or scene's culture. I always liked Bill Hick's stuff about commercials and artists, that always spoke to me (because fuck man, Johnny Rotten doing ads? That's just wrong, and the same definitely applies to Rollins), but I'm always wary about people seeing every sort of move interpreted as being "outside the culture" to be gross.

But again, that's the perspective of someone for whom music has always sorta been music and nothing more. I definitely lack the context, but to be honest, the attachment to the context seems like a massive bummer in the after years.

I dunno man. I'm quite hardline about a punk ethic a lot of the time, but a man's gotta get paid. I find there is something fun and subversive about an old punk selling something. The music and artistic expression is still key - as long as they're doing it 4 reel I don't have any problem about them selling shit on the side to pay the bills.
Yeah, I can see what you guys are saying. I try not to put too much emphasis on the "ethos" stuff, but he was always so vehemently opposed to this kind of thing that it sticks out like a sore thumb.

As I said, it's all in the context. If Josh Homme decided to release his own scent, "Josh - pour Homme" maybe, I'd be disappointed sure, but it's not like he's ever pretended to be strongly opposed to capitalism.
Haha, I'd forgotten about that campaign!

Awful stuff.

Edit: Screaming Meat plugging Bill Hicks! Man, I would marry you you cool handsome beast.

Congratulations Dave!

gandalf-head-nod-o.gif

Congratulations! Just think of all the ridiculous gadgets you can buy for your kid!

SteveWD40

My dad left when I was 10 months old... ;_;

but then he signed over his half of my mums house to me and my sister when we were 18...

¯\(°_o)/¯

NinjaBoiX

My dad left when I was 10 months old... ;_;

but then he signed over his half of my mums house to me and my sister when we were 18...

¯(°_o)/¯
I'm reminded of one of my favourite Quentin Tarantino lines:

"I may be a bastard Kate, but I'm not a fuckin' bastard."

NinjaBoiX

Just thinking about where I'm going to be exactly 2 weeks time to the minute.....
Aww yiss fräulein! ;)

Oh, that reminds me, Dave and the missus are going to meet us for a few beers before the gig instead of after, what with her being all preggers and stuff. I guess we'll just swap numbers, and they can meet us when they're ready.

Also, I made us reservations for 4550 from Delhi as well as Gurkha Kitchen. Just 4550 is right in the centre, it'll take us the best part of an hour to get to and from Gurkha Kitchen, it's right on the outskirts. I'd rather spend that time in a pub than a taxi!

Gurkha is reserved for 5, 4550 is reserved for 5:30, so we have options. I am tempering my excitement, it's still 14 days away yet.

But yeah, I'm properly excited already, not gonna lie. That whole week is going to be fuck awesome, I can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom