• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWD40

Oh yes she is. I don't know whether they have been padded or something to add to the pregnancy.

tumblr_m0y2nm4nJN1qjuuqbo1_500.gif

hCisO2M.gif

I regret nothing.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Jordan

Morning jerkoffs,

So I finally ordered a new phone today.

I didn't want another Samsung, HTC One is too big and heavy (I'm downsizing from the Note), same with the Xperia Z1 (which was also £100 up front) and I'm kinda left with Apple after that.

So I got one of those iPhone thingys. I hear they're going to be all the rage, all the cool kids are carrying them.

Not a bad deal actually; iPhone 5, 3gigs of 4G, unlimited texts and minutes, £39 per month.

Now I need to sort out a cover. What do you iPhone aficionados recommend for maximum protection and minimum bulk?

Cover your mouth dude, jesus.

Good morning BritGaf, happy hump day!

Haha, I knew you'd come round Ninj. Welcome to the Apple family!

You both need to turn on iMessage :) Then we can have group filth!

I literally just ordered it this morning. It won't get delivered until at least Friday, maybe even next week.

iMessage is just BBM for iOS right?

Yah it is.

Oh and as for phone covers, I was using a soft R2D2 one, but now I have a hard Shimano one, and I personally think hard is better.

SmokyDave

Thanks for all y'alls kind words yesterday. You cats have way more faith in me than I do!

I completed Spec Ops: The Line in one sitting yesterday. Had an unexpected free afternoon so I bunged on the PS3 and it was either that, or Demons Souls. Spec Ops was pretty good. Not as interesting as I'd hoped, but the gunplay was pretty funky.

Having yesterday off has totally disrupted my week and now I'm some sort of surreal 'is it Monday? is it Friday?' bubble.

Smokeydave - congrats! Quick tip from dad Gaf - kids aren't that expensive at the beginning, if you can resist the temptation to get sort expensive brand stuff to compete with the yummy mummies at the crèche.

Another tip - if your wife pressures you to sell your Impreza because it isn't practical for a baby, don't listen to her :/
First kid though. I'm going to spoil the shit out of it, especially if it's a boy. I keep telling myself that I won't, but I know I will.

As for practical transport, it doesn't get any more practical than an Impreza. Estate.

Juicy Bob

Morning.

Here's a thought for you. There are kids who were born after 9/11 took place who are now in secondary school.

Have a good day.

NinjaBoiX

Yah it is.

Oh and as for phone covers, I was using a soft R2D2 one, but now I have a hard Shimano one, and I personally think hard is better.
Excellent! Another method of clandestine communication vis-à-vis filthy smut talk. ;)

And yes, hard is always better. It's difficult to get it in otherwise.

SKINNER!

Banned
The iPhone is what you make of it. It can be for geeks and nerds, and it can be for the mainstream. It's adaptable like that, due to its app backbone. Just because something looks good doesn't mean it isn't powerful too.

haha wow at the Apple 5S OT. Must..not..post...in...there.

Damn now I feel bad, sorry Musha!

*bows awkwardly*

Don't feel bad, that's just my Mum mode coming out, I can't control it sometimes.

Excellent! Another method of clandestine communication vis-à-vis filthy smut talk. ;)

And yes, hard is always better. It's difficult to get it in otherwise.

Yeah that's pretty much who I thought would comment something dirty. You don't disappoint Ninj.

It's the only valid choice, as I see it. Well, not the only choice...

volvo850btcc.jpg

Mmm. I wonder how much an 850 T5 fetches nowadays...

My Dad had a T5. That was after the Sierra XR4i. He also had a corvette. Why did I stop talking to him again?...............

Oh yeah, cos he's a dick.

Hasney

Sometimes I think I care too much about the little parts of games and feel like discussing them.

Then I see 350+ posts on a blurry shot of box art.

2606202_o.gif

SKINNER!

Banned
Never really liked the Impreza. Always used to see neds in those blue tin cans drive past school with some eurodance shit blaring. Probably a beast in terms of performance but I'd never go out of my way to obtain one.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sometimes I think I care too much about the little parts of games and feel like discussing them.

Then I see 350+ posts on a blurry shot of box art.
If you bothered to read the contents of threads rather than simply judge them by reply count you'd see the current discussion in the thread is not even about the blurry box art, but level design.

Jordan

I really want to drive the Evo 8 before I'm 25, it was the car that I saw so often when growing up and it was the car I'd always pick in games etc. I care a little less about the car now but still want to drive one.

The car I'm like drooling over now is the 10/11 plate Seat Leon FR in blue, that is one nice car in my eyes.

Yeah, Silvia's are sick. Drifto machines!

I'm with you on that. Love the RX-7. The bloke used to have a gen 1 MX5 import, it was lovely to drive (and drift) but after he fitted new lowered suspension it was just a bit too low, hit everything :/

I was so close to getting a gen 1 import MX-5 before I found the IS200. Love Mazdas in general though. My second car was a hand me down 929 from my parents. So fancy.

mazda_929_silver_2003.jpg

Symphonia

Banned
Afternoon, my fellow BritGAF clan, how are we all? Got a quick question, I need a new PS3 and GTA V by next week. Does anyone know of any cheap deals going that can be paid for in monthly installments? Brighthouse is NOT an option.

NinjaBoiX

Are you aware that the 5S and 5C got announced yesterday?
Yeah, but the standard 5 is free, I'd be willing to bet the 5s is at least £150-200 on contract. For a specific bump and a fingerprint scanner? No thanks. The standard 5 is plenty powerful enough for my needs.

And the 5c is just a downgrade that looks like a toy.

The aim was a smaller phone, preferably a sexy one. iOS was a bonus. The standard 5 is perfect for me.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Afternoon, my fellow BritGAF clan, how are we all? Got a quick question, I need a new PS3 and GTA V by next week. Does anyone know of any cheap deals going that can be paid for in monthly installments? Brighthouse is NOT an option.

lmao sounds like you have history there :p

No idea to your question though. Do you have any mates that are currently not using theirs? Could always borrow for a bit.

Symphonia

Banned
lmao sounds like you have history there :p

No idea to your question though. Do you have any mates that are currently not using theirs? Could always borrow for a bit.
Its not that. Its just that my company deal with Brighthouse and I know how their system works. I don't want to pay £500+ for a PS3.

NinjaBoiX

I thought the 5c was just a cheaper iPhone 5 with a pretty shell?
Still seems like a downgrade. The metal chassis is half the appeal.
It also has a better front facing camera then the 5.

Just thinking of you and Musha Ninj.
Lol.

I dont really care about the better front camera to be honest. If it was a choice between the sexier phone and the camera, I'd take the phone.

Anyway, this is all a moot point, it's already ordered. Just got the text to say it's getting delivered tomorrow. That was quick!

Darren870

It's good to have friends all over the world. I might have a job (pre?)-interview later this week....

Would make my life a bit easier if it all worked out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom