• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
London. Just really not used to this weather. I look at the calendar and it says its still summer but then I look down and am wearing pants and a hoodie. Just aint right.

Yo!

Got my British passport now and am officially one of you guys. Kind of....

I thought you were, but you were talking like you were suddenly in some Arctic wasteland. It isn't cold yet, not at all.

It's September so not really summer any more, heading into Autumn territory now.

Congrats on the British passport!

SKINNER!

Banned
suck a dick

wait no actually dont because i would not be okay with that what with being a homophobe

Mb0O4.gif

Psycho-Pass

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It just feels extra cold because the temperature dropped 10 degrees. If it was more gradual it would feel as bad.

Cheers guys, will sign up later.

Currently debating the pros and cons of cycling home from work in the cold. Not finding many pros.

Feels 'right' to be complaining about the weather again.

So I'm currently setting up a competition to give tickets away to Paramore. Just thought certain members may be interested.

For which gig? Me, Ninja, Jordan and Tash are already seeing them in Nottingham in two weeks, but I wouldn't say no to free tickets!

Cheers guys, will sign up later.

Currently debating the pros and cons of cycling home from work in the cold. Not finding many pros.

Feels 'right' to be complaining about the weather again.

Pro: Good for your health
Pro: Cheaper than public transport
Pro: Not as crowded and annoying as public transport
Pro: Riding a bike is fun
Pro: The physical activity will warm you up from the cold

that enough for ya?

Yeah, it's Notts. We're launching it on air shortly, you'd have a decent chance if entered. Not like - a wink wink one, I've got to be squeaky clean, we get a decent reply to comps but enough for it to be a decent shot if you enter.

Seanspeed

Banned
I thought you were, but you were talking like you were suddenly in some Arctic wasteland. It isn't cold yet, not at all.

It's September so not really summer any more, heading into Autumn territory now.

Congrats on the British passport!
Thanks. :)

Checked the weather for where I lived before and its going to be 32 degrees today and tomorrow. So jealous.

@BGBW - I dunno man. Its genuinely a bit chilly. Gotta wrap up in multiple blankets at night!

It also doesn't get that much colder here than in Virginia Beach, its just cold for a longer period of time. Its cool. I'll stop bitching and being a baby about it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
For which gig? Me, Ninja, Jordan and Tash are already seeing them in Nottingham in two weeks, but I wouldn't say no to free tickets!

that enough for ya?

Con: sometimes it rains
Con: punctures
Con: YOU MIGHT DIE

I wish I could ride my bike to work but it's a bit too far to be comfortable. It's the kinda ride that I can do, but it wipes me out for the whole day if I do. Boo.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Tom Hagen posts on gaf ? I'm looking forward to standing in a nice warm bar while it snows outside! Love a good nightout when the weathers shit.

I don't know who that is, but I wear a suit to work :p but I like to subvert it a little bit, hence the hoodie. And a scruffy assed beard (BEST BEARD IN SCHOOL REPRASENT)

that enough for ya?

Ha! Well those are most certainly the reasons I give to people who routinely tell me that I will die a horrible death every day. Riding in london isn't that bad...

Con: sometimes it rains
Con: punctures
Con: YOU MIGHT DIE

I wish I could ride my bike to work but it's a bit too far to be comfortable. It's the kinda ride that I can do, but it wipes me out for the whole day if I do. Boo.

Yeah, my commute is only about 6/7 miles so it's not too bad at all. Wakes me up in the morning which is pretty damn necessary!

Ha! Well those are most certainly the reasons I give to people who routinely tell me that I will die a horrible death every day. Riding in london isn't that bad...

Yeah, my commute is only about 6/7 miles so it's not too bad at all. Wakes me up in the morning which is pretty damn necessary!

Where do you live/work?

Also you should come to the next meet, 28th Sept. Juniors are welcome too.

Where do you live/work?

Also you should come to the next meet, 28th Sept. Juniors are welcome too.

Live in Clapham / Work in Notting Hill. Not too bad a set up, but would ideally like to make the jump to shoreditch sooner rather than later.

I was actually planning on coming to a meet a while back but other life commitments kept me from attendance. And thanks, seems a tad strange being a 'junior' again these days, thought my time as the office tea monkey were behind me!

Live in Clapham / Work in Notting Hill. Not too bad a set up, but would ideally like to make the jump to shoreditch sooner rather than later.

I was actually planning on coming to a meet a while back but other life commitments kept me from attendance. And thanks, seems a tad strange being a 'junior' again these days, thought my time as the office tea monkey were behind me!

Nice place to work.

You've been on here a while I see, just don't post much? That'll change if you remain involved in this thread.

Are you going to any of Eurogamer?

This is the thread for the meet btw

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662993

Symphonia

Banned
Just ordered a 500GB PS3 with GTA V and TLoU. I think it comes with a headset, too, so I'll be game for some GTA V/TLoU multiplayer sessions come next week. Now to find a TV...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Just ordered a 500GB PS3 with GTA V and TLoU. I think it comes with a headset, too, so I'll be game for some GTA V/TLoU multiplayer sessions come next week. Now to find a TV...

Hell yeah man :) one more for the team is always good.

I cannot wait for GTA-O, it's going to be a new golden age of BritGAF cliqueyness. F0rk and Jackben are going to be LIVID.

Symphonia

Banned
OK, so new question, does anyone know where I can find a decent sized TV where I can pay in monthly installments? I used Littlewood for my PS3 and used my £400 credit limit with them to get it, so need somewhere else.

Jordan

OK, so new question, does anyone know where I can find a decent sized TV where I can pay in monthly installments? I used Littlewood for my PS3 and used my £400 credit limit with them to get it, so need somewhere else.

Ebuyer

On both platforms you mean? I'm on the same boat which is why I haven't preordered :/

Yeah, I have friends on both consoles, albeit GAF friends on PS3 only, but I have more fun playing online with you guys, but I will be bugged to play online with the others.

Nice place to work.

You've been on here a while I see, just don't post much? That'll change if you remain involved in this thread.

Are you going to any of Eurogamer?

This is the thread for the meet btw

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662993

Yeah, been around for a fair amount of time but generally lurk - used to post far too much on other forums that have since died out.

Thought I was finished with online communities, but clearly that pull is still there. That, and posting at work is always the most fun.

No plans as yet to attend Eurogamer, still weighing up whether I'm going to make the leap to next gen yet. To be honest going out and having a few drinks is taking precedence over gaming nowadays, especially with the irritatingly long hours I kept having to put in.

Whereabouts are you based?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
No plans as yet to attend Eurogamer, still weighing up whether I'm going to make the leap to next gen yet. To be honest going out and having a few drinks is taking precedence over gaming nowadays, especially with the irritatingly long hours I kept having to put in.
You don't have to go to the con to meet up with us. Pretty sure the majority going out not bothering with Eurogamer.

NinjaBoiX

Or they could just join in.
The air is cooler outside.
I hear Big Pete will tick you on a monkey.

His interest rates are far from competitive though.
I need to buy a TV and a PS3. :/
Yes you do!
dat GTA V map.. mother of gawd..
I know right?

g022_thumbs_up_from_heavy_weapons_guy_team_fortress.gif

You don't have to go to the con to meet up with us. Pretty sure the majority going out not bothering with Eurogamer.
True story.

You should come Sam, more the merrier!

Yeah, been around for a fair amount of time but generally lurk - used to post far too much on other forums that have since died out.

Thought I was finished with online communities, but clearly that pull is still there. That, and posting at work is always the most fun.

Whereabouts are you based?

Well tickets are sold out now anyway. Come along to the meet anyway, it'll be a right laugh.

I live in North East London, work in the City.

There's loads of us from in and around London in here.

Tempted to stick GTAV into Flubit, because if the rumours are true, they've been making sub £30 offers. Otherwise I'll have to leave it until payday or even later in the year.

Jordan

So, I'm gonna get slated for this.

What the FUCK happened to Arctic Monkeys

They were such a fresh new band when they first came onto the scene, it was so upbeat, sounded so positive and it was/still is so good. Their first album was fucking phenomenal and I'm talking first album not the EP.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the new album - but fuck me does it seem a little depressive/dreary.

Bring back 2005-2008 AM :(

Examples:

First Album: http://youtu.be/pK7egZaT3hs /// http://youtu.be/y5ySuWBIglI
Latest Album: http://youtu.be/_E-oxwJutbg /// http://youtu.be/JoKd98AslF4

The air is cooler outside.

You should come Sam, more the merrier!

Well tickets are sold out now anyway. Come along to the meet anyway, it'll be a right laugh.

I live in North East London, work in the City.

There's loads of us from in and around London in here.

Welp, looks like my decision's been made up for me then! I'll check my plans and see what's cooking that date.

I presume there is some form of ritualistic hazing to look forward too?

NinjaBoiX

cross post from the Arctic Monkeys thread said:
I've loved all their albums, plus The Last Shadow Puppets and the Submarine soundtrack so I can't wait. The songs they've already released are really good, too.
My man, I adore that movie.
Wrong. So wrong.

I miss old Arctic Monkeys songs about shit nights out and scummy towns, Whatever People Say I Am is my favourite album ever. Turner pls.
They grew up man, they can't use that as their inspiration forever.

"Whatever" was exactly that, a bunch of teenagers singing about being a bunch of teenagers.

"Nightmare" was them getting all nonchalant and snarky about their new found fame and tales of touring.

"Humbug" was just a crazy "desert sessions" peyote headtrip.

"Suck It" was just a grown up collection of proper songs with a wide palette of styles and influences.

They are getting better and better, I can't wait.

Arctic Monkeys - AM - 09.11.13

I still haven't got it!

:/

So, I'm gonna get slated for this.

What the FUCK happened to Arctic Monkeys

They were such a fresh new band when they first came onto the scene, it was so upbeat, sounded so positive and it was/still is so good. Their first album was fucking phenomenal and I'm talking first album not the EP.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the new album - but fuck me does it seem a little depressive/dreary.

Bring back 2005-2008 AM :(

Examples:

First Album: http://youtu.be/pK7egZaT3hs /// http://youtu.be/y5ySuWBIglI
Latest Album: http://youtu.be/_E-oxwJutbg /// http://youtu.be/JoKd98AslF4

Yeah, sure, but:

a) It's hard to make laddish pub rock once you've partied with Diddy.
b) This is their best song in fucking ages.

I like their new sound. I'd adore a new album in the vain of their debut, but they aren't that band anymore. For better or worse.

Jordan

Yeah I get that they've grown up - I do understand that they can't carry on singing about shit. But personally, I prefer their older stuff... but in no way shape or form do I dislike the new album.

I just want them to seem fun again, it just seems a bit too serious for me to enjoy listening to it on repeat like I did with the first two albums.

Yeah, sure, but:

a) It's hard to make laddish pub rock once you've partied with Diddy.
b) This is their best song in fucking ages.

I like their new sound. I'd adore a new album in the vain of their debut, but they aren't that band anymore. For better or worse.

Agreed that Do I Wanna Know is their best song in a long time, but it just doesn't have that same feel for me.

I remember the first time I heard "When the Sun Goes Down" it was a friend of mine covered it and I was like, I need to listen to the original and he gave me their CD... I listened the shit out of the album.

WYSIA,TWIM is practically a masterpiece. Such a brilliant album. Shame it was basically the swan song for breakthrough mainstream British guitar music.

Jordan

I will get slated for this as well... I think they've lost half their stage presence...

I'm watching their 2007 Glastonbury set and their 2013 iTunes Festival set... the Glastonbury set seems like they're having a great time... and well, now it just seems like he's there because they're getting paid to.

I know this is only a video representation and I'm not there, so I could be completely wrong - I tried to get tickets and failed so I until I've seen them live my opinion needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

NinjaBoiX

WYSIA,TWIM is practically a masterpiece. Such a brilliant album. Shame it was basically the swan song for breakthrough mainstream British guitar music.
Nah, Favourite Worst Nightmare was even better. That sharp angular production from James Ford cut straight the good stuff. Granted, Humbug was a slight disappointment, but still a sound record. But then Suck It man, that's a fucking great album.

I think they've just got better and better. I'll be buying the new record tomorrow, and I've loved everything I've heard from it so far.

Edit: Jordan, I'm seeing them in October or November, I can't remember. But I'm sure you'll hear all about it!

Jordan

Nah, Favourite Worst Nightmare was even better. That sharp angular production from James Ford cut straight the good stuff. Granted, Humbug was a slight disappointment, but still a sound record. But then Suck It man, that's a fucking great album.

I think they've just got better and better. I'll be buying the new record tomorrow, and I've loved everything I've heard from it so far.

Edit: Jordan, I'm seeing them in October or November, I can't remember. But I'm sure you'll hear all about it!

Yeah I know, I remember reading about it. Were tickets expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom