• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Absolutely no 3G coverage in my town at all. None. My sister wants to get a 3G dongle with the laptop so she can go online from her house but it looks like that isn't going to happen. Meanwhile some places already have 4G.

I'm seeing someone in a small Yorkshire town and it's the same there, no-one seems to have reliable 3G unless you hold your phone up in weird angles.

The worst thing for me though is that I decided to go with Three. Fantastic in Leeds with unlimited data on HSPA+, but when I'm up there I can't even receive texts as it doesn't register on anything below 3G.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Scotlands the best place in the UK. We just need to turn glasgow into a supercity like London.

8337347291_33b9a541b2_z.jpg

Scotland is the only country to truly relax my soul.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
No one likes the Giant Bombcast? :(

I go through phases of liking it, then they put up a four hour podcast where it feels like more of a chore to get through than anything else. I don't have time for that sort of thing. Especially when there's actual gaming news going on to talk about. When I have a bunch of other podcasts I listen to and about an hour or so a day of commute time to listen to them I don't want to be spreading one episode over a week.

SteveWD40

i have a brother who stays there so maybe one day. It will always be a poor man's Australia though.

Nah, it has far more diversity in the environment than Australia and more natural beauty. I lived in Sydney, Melbourne and spent time in NZ and Tasmania, NZ was the only place where I felt the scenery changed. West coast of Tas was nice though.

Edit: West Tasmania, Cradle Mountain (sorry I am ruining the shot):

Edit2: oh and don't wear a baseball cap there, the ozone is thin, my ears burnt to shit!

I go through phases of liking it, then they put up a four hour podcast where it feels like more of a chore to get through than anything else. I don't have time for that sort of thing. Especially when there's actual gaming news going on to talk about. When I have a bunch of other podcasts I listen to and about an hour or so a day of commute time to listen to them I don't want to be spreading one episode over a week.

Just listen to Bombin' the A.M., then. It's never more than 90 minutes.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
16-18 fps does not look good to me, Glad the 360 version is a smooth 26 fps, That will tide me over till the PC version drops.

I have been preparing my 360 pad by giving it some SWAG.

1272903_513042885456715_656702065_o.jpg

20130912_134411.jpg

All in all it's been a productive morning.

That's really cool! You're like McGuyver with a penchant for Class A drugs. :)

I was going to, but then someone in the thread about it said they talked about American Football a lot, and then someone else said "get used to it NFL is on until February" or something, and it put me right off. Is it actually good?

It's really good. It's a lot more on-topic than the main podcast, and Patrick and Alex are usually fairly level-headed and agreeable so there's not much BS. They normally do it live, so there's questions from the chat too, but it's up as video and on iTunes, etc as audio.

The American football talk lasted for all of 2 minutes at the beginning of the latest episode, and it was just banter about fantasy leagues. People whine too much.

that guy on the left is the definition of a douchebag.

he wasn't being serious

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Almost been two hours and only another two to go... I love thursday shifts but man it's shit when you have fuck all to do

Frame rate is important for GTA games, GTA IV on consoles turned into a slide show when a few cars got involved in a shootout.

20130912_134842.jpg

I'm so prepared for GTA V! Need to turn on my 360 soon and hope its not got red lights of death or something lol

that looks fucking rad kent

where can i get that shit

wetflame

Pizza Dog
It's really good. It's a lot more on-topic than the main podcast, and Patrick and Alex are usually fairly level-headed and agreeable so there's not much BS. They normally do it live, so there's questions from the chat too, but it's up as video and on iTunes, etc as audio.

The American football talk lasted for all of 2 minutes at the beginning of the latest episode, and it was just banter about fantasy leagues. People whine too much.

Ah, ok! I'll give it a listen.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The only gaming podcast I like these days is Rebel FM, which I gather most of GAF doesn't like because it's got Soundwave - uh, I mean Arthur Gies on it. But it also has Anthony Gallegos and Matt Chandronait who balance out the douchiness. And I kinda like Arthur, he's self aware that he's a pretentious arse a lot fo the time. I find that generally it's a lot less know-it-all than most industry pods, and less bro-y.

I also listen to Weekend Confirmed but that's more out of habit. A bad habit. Although the other week when Garnett Lee almost quit and cried was perhaps the most amazingly embarrassing thing I've ever heard. And he CHOSE to put it out! lmao

Ah, my bad. Didn't mean to make an assumption. In any case, that was some nifty work.

Don't listen to him, when he called Mike and me on Saturday he was on some shit that's so next level I ain't even heard of it :p

That controller looks brilliant. GTA V is fast becoming my most expensive game purchase ever. So far I've renewed my XBL, bought a 16gb usb stick, and invested in a new controller that actually works.

And by the way if we're on the subject of best places in the England / UK, can't go far wrong with the three Ls

Leeds, London, Lake District.

Übermatik;81428581 said:
Carphone Warehouse :D

Nice, I take it 'Phone Shop' is an accurate and nuanced portrayal of the everyday worklife?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81403673&postcount=5508

I don't know why people bother posting in gaming, just use it as a news board PEOPLE

Completely agree. I posted a few times in the Halo Community thread about a potential job but apart from that, news time.

Oh and, to eat popcorn during inevitable meltdowns.

NinjaBoiX

Jed, noooo! Kinda had it coming saying that mind, sorry buddy. Gotta leave the slurs at the door.

Take this time on the naughty step to think about what you've done.

cheap screen protector instructions said:

Lol, reminds me of this:

GAYeOHp.jpg

Or the classic "I am the pregnants".

Get me a good deal on a Xperia Z1 and I'll have your babiez.
I really wanted this phone! It's badass. It was just going to work out too expensive.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Jed is our resident bad boy. Always getting hit with bans, I heard he can do the time standing on his head.

Got an oyster card, what am I becoming?
How long will £15 of credit last?

All depends on how oftern you use it! Even if you make lots of journeys in a day it will cap at the price of a day travel card. Depends what zones you're traveling between as well.

I would have thought that £15 should last a few days though.

Isn't gaintbomb founded by GameSpot rejects ?

yes

they got fired for being shit at their jobs

Not sure if serious, but Giantbomb is OG Gamespot. Jeff Gerstmann got fired by stupid management at the time, around the time he did the K&L review. There's a long video if you want to know how it went down. New Gamespot is just a bunch of inexperienced kids, except for Kevin VanOrd who's still a great reviewer and Irish lad Danny O' Dwyer.

that guy on the left is the definition of a douchebag.

iIDSwzoOWXP4C.gif

ibn5Qd4AQ9XtwN.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom