• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
http://youtu.be/duKL2dAJN6I - Jimmy Fallon did a parody of Breaking Bad, it's quite well done - but it contains a few spoilers so I'd be careful watching if you're not up to date.

Random question, I haven't listened to a podcast since 1UP Yours, purely because nothing interested me as much as that did. What podcasts do you guys listen to? Any you can recommend?

I listen to loads. Favourites would be:

WTF with Marc Maron - interviews with comedians and such
Geekbox - nerdy podcast with Ryan Scott
SMorning Show (Tuesday edition only) - a bunch of struggling LA actors bullshitting for two hours. Completely under the radar, one of the best pods around.
Savage Love - relationship advice pod from king of the gays Dan Savage. Both hilarious and thought provoking
Keith and the Girl - comedy talk show. They do a lot of episodes, can get a bit much.
Hardcore History - occasional podcast about History. Fantastic storytelling
Richard Herring's Leicester Square podcast - kinda like WTF but english and with fewer episodes. Interviews with the great and the good of the UK comedy scene.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I listen to these, mostly comedy based podcasts:

Comedy Bang Bang - Interview format but mostly improvised chat and comedy with people coming on to play characters. One of my favourites, there are some absolute classics. Features a lot of appearances by the following podcaster:
The Pod F. Tompkast - Paul F. Tompkin's podcast, mostly solo/long form improvised conversation directed at the listener, although he does get guests on, plays some of his sketches from live shows and also has a serial storyline where he'll perform his characters putting together "The Great Undiscovered Project". I really like this. It's a different style to most podcasts, with a piano accompanyment throughout by Eban Schletter.
How Did This Get Made? - Paul Sheer, Jason Mantzoukas and June Diane Raphael plus guests get together to talk about who ridiculous terrible movies are, like Gigli, Street Fighter, Judge Dredd, The Love Guru etc. Great chemistry between them all and lots of fun to listen to.
The Thrilling Adventure Hour - A podcast in the style of old-time radio plays, performed live by actors like Paul F. Tompkins, Paget Brewster, Nathan Fillion, Busy Phillips, and a bunch of other great comedians. Rotates between different stories - Sparks Nevada: Marshall on Mars (space western), Beyond Belief (Twilight Zone esque investigations by drunk socialites) and others. Really recommend this one.
Superego - Improvised sketches, updated infrequently and the first two "seasons" may no longer be available for free, but well worth checking out what you can of this. Really funny.
Welcome to Night Vale - A fictional news radio broadcast from a strange town with all sorts of weird goings on. Just started listening to this after I heard about it recently.
Nerdist Podcast - Interviews with all sorts of people, there's so many of them now that you could probably just pick and choose who you're interested in hearing. Hosted by Chris Hardwick, who's entertaining enough.
Nerdist Writer's Panel - Hosted by Ben Blacker of the Thrilling Adventure Hour, this is a pretty much Hollywood-focused panel about writing for television. Interesting just for the stories behind it all, not sure how it would help people over here in taking up TV-writing but it's good for the insight you'll get into American shows, anyway.

I should listen to more British podcasts.

Jordan

The Infinate Monkey Cage

I listen to loads. Favourites would be:

WTF with Marc Maron - interviews with comedians and such
Geekbox - nerdy podcast with Ryan Scott
SMorning Show (Tuesday edition only) - a bunch of struggling LA actors bullshitting for two hours. Completely under the radar, one of the best pods around.
Savage Love - relationship advice pod from king of the gays Dan Savage. Both hilarious and thought provoking
Keith and the Girl - comedy talk show. They do a lot of episodes, can get a bit much.
Hardcore History - occasional podcast about History. Fantastic storytelling
Richard Herring's Leicester Square podcast - kinda like WTF but english and with fewer episodes. Interviews with the great and the good of the UK comedy scene.

Jordan, if you only listen to one gaming podcast, make it Idle Thumbs.

They're the best.

Cheers guys, I'll take a note and look at them when I get home tonight. Going to go to the gym tonight for a run (maybe), bike ride and cross trainer session followed by a few rounds on the punch bag. All dependent on how my chest and back feel, been in a serious amount of pain for the past few days.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
The car one, right? Looked suprisingly smooth to me. Then again, I'm the furthest thing from an expert XD

What's that? I like the title.

16-18 fps does not look good to me, Glad the 360 version is a smooth 26 fps, That will tide me over till the PC version drops.

I have been preparing my 360 pad by giving it some SWAG.

1272903_513042885456715_656702065_o.jpg

20130912_134411.jpg

All in all it's been a productive morning.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
16-18 fps does not look good to me, Glad the 360 version is a smooth 26 fps, That will tide me over till the PC version drops.

Scary Pics

You sir are a braver man than I! I took apart my mouse last week and lost the little bit that makes the wheel click. Not touching my pad, no sir.

Kentpaul

You sir are a braver man than I! I took apart my mouse last week and lost the little bit that makes the wheel click. Not touching my pad, no sir.

I thought it was going to go pete tong when i was removing the triggers, Some tricky shit with the spring involved. It took me about an hour with a coffee break and some movie watching. The bottoms also fell out of place a few times when i was putting it back together, that was a pain in the ass.

Not only will i be playing the best version of GTA V but my pad will be swag as fuck for it too.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
60fps is better than 1080p.

I stand by this forever.

Neither of them mean shit to me. How good is the game? All that matters.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I grew up in the NES era. I played Commadore games that took half an hour to load. I played Starfox at 10fps and thought it was the greatest thing in the world.

Pretty much all games these days blow my mind, no matter the framerate or resolution. Kids are spoiled, and autismos gonna fixate on pointless shit. "I can't engage with this art on the level of art, so I will just talk about the tech. Derrrrrrrp"

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I thought it was going to go pete tong when i was removing the triggers, Some tricky shit with the spring involved. It took me about an hour with a coffee break and some movie watching. The bottoms also fell out of place a few times when i was putting it back together, that was a pain in the ass.

Not only will i be playing the best version of GTA V but my pad will be swag as fuck for it too.

Until you press left on the stick and you character moves backwards. Awww noooo!!!! :D

8bit

Knows the Score
When I got GTA IV for the 360 5 years ago I quickly found there was a flaw that meant Niko would slowly pirouette when supposedly idle. My controller quick resembled that one without the screws first removed.

Kentpaul

When I got GTA IV for the 360 5 years ago I quickly found there was a flaw that meant Niko would slowly pirouette when supposedly idle. My controller quick resembled that one without the screws first removed.

I made sure my deadzone was on point before putting the pad back together. Glad to have new sticks as mine were worn away with half a decade of use.

These should do me for another 6-10 years at least.

NinjaBoiX

1272903_513042885456715_656702065_o.jpg

20130912_134411.jpg

That's really cool Kent. It looks really professional!

I'm really enjoying using this new phone, iOS is so snappy and there are so many nice little UI touches. Like the little magnify edit bubble that pops up when you tap and hold on some text. It was always a bit of a chore controlling the cursor on swiftkey, as good as it was. Also, the little shake to bring up the "scrap all" box. Lovely stuff.

60fps is better than 1080p.

I stand by this forever.
Agreed. Tactile feedback over more shinies any day.

afoni

Banned
Wind Waker HD is going to be more amazing to me because of the buttery smooth frame rate rather than the resolution.

Smooth like butter slowly running down a girl's bare leg.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member

I noticed a flaw where they spent too much time trying to make a deep experience that they forgot to add in fun parts.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Absolutely no 3G coverage in my town at all. None. My sister wants to get a 3G dongle with the laptop so she can go online from her house but it looks like that isn't going to happen. Meanwhile some places already have 4G.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Absolutely no 3G coverage in my town at all. None. My sister wants to get a 3G dongle with the laptop so she can go online from her house but it looks like that isn't going to happen. Meanwhile some places already have 4G.

This is why I have no faith in 4G. I can't even get bloody reception in between the town I live and where I work.

Wind Waker HD is going to be more amazing to me because of the buttery smooth frame rate rather than the resolution.

Smooth like butter slowly running down a girl's bare leg.

I'll take the original, non-lubricated graphics over a superior framerate any day.

Kentpaul

just as bad but sounds a lot less offensive

Frame rate is important for GTA games, GTA IV on consoles turned into a slide show when a few cars got involved in a shootout.

20130912_134842.jpg

I'm so prepared for GTA V! Need to turn on my 360 soon and hope its not got red lights of death or something lol

SKINNER!

Banned
Which one?

Of course now he could just be "old and doesn't care FW Penn". How the fuck is he even making FW? he fought at LHW once, is he doing a Rumble by dehydrating till his kidneys fail?

Who wanted him v Edgar again?

I-I- I do :( Felt so heart-broken when Nick Diaz defeated him. He looked distraght after that fight. Sure, the Edgar fight won't be a walk in the park but I want to see him at least win one more fight. Just one!

Says the guy in Scotland.

Scotland? Why on Earth would I live there?

Excuse me?

SteveWD40

I-I- I do :( Felt so heart-broken when Nick Diaz defeated him. He looked distraght after that fight. Sure, the Edgar fight won't be a walk in the park but I want to see him at least win one more fight. Just one!

Fair enough, I like him more than Edgar at least. Everyone looks deflated when Diaz beats them, being beaten up by a guy who just walks through your punches with his chin up calling you a bitch and then proceeds to throw pimp slaps and wasp shots into your liver for 15 minutes, it's pretty demoralizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom