• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonia

Banned
The weekends are always #dead in BritGAF, mainly because the weekend is the only time we have something to do. I suspect my activity on NeoGAF next weekend will be minimal as I'll no doubt be hitting up GTA V and wasting my life away on there. Other than that, you can expect me to see my usual activity hours of 9-5 on Monday to Friday. Y'know, the hours when I'm supposed to be working...

NinjaBoiX

Ninja is going to get us deleted like popgaf
Yeah, maybe.

*linked*

Just trying to liven things up, it was kind of dead! Pretty sure they abided by the ToS, but better safe than sorry.

Pretty nice night as it turns out, just chilling getting baked with the boys and some tunes, until Pats came in with the world and his shoulders and killed the buzz, miserable twat!

SKINNER!

Banned
Phew! This weekend has been busy for me. Spent all day yesterday and today getting £ exchanged to yen and buying new threads. Started packing my bags about 10 minutes ago after baking a chocolate peanut butter cheesecake with my sis. Planning on staying up until Breaking Bad comes on and then hopefully pass out on the plane in a pathetic attempt to overcome jet lag when I arrive.

Jordan

So, it's beginning to get cold and wearing my hoodies to work mean I am going to get colds a lot more until I start wearing a coat.

I wear on a daily basis, trousers, shirt and a hoodie (I have about 4 - dark grey, light grey, blue and red) but I think it's time to buy a coat - I have only owned one coat since I was an adult and I wasn't a massive fan of it. So who here can convert me to a coat?

afoni

Banned
I'm no hero. I dropped a fiver on a GTAV preorder and then spent the weekend 100%ing Saints Row the Third.

No hero does that.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I'm no hero. I dropped a fiver on a GTAV preorder and then spent the weekend 100%ing Saints Row the Third.

No hero does that.

Platinum'd SR3 and have 72% in SRIV. Not sure If I can be arsed doing all the challenges in SRIV though. I suck at some of them and have no interest in going for the gold medal in some things.

f0rk

Am I allowed to post GTA5 gifs in here or are you all babies?

ibusJkstGMrE36.gif

I watched that new BBC america tv show Orphan Black today...

It's pretty good except the main characters accent. I think shes supposed to be english/ a londoner but she keeps lapsing into Australian. Very odd.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
No offence f0rk but Cyanide Strike asked nicely if you wouldn't post gifs (also that one was over 4MB). There's nothing clever about being an arse about it.

I've always found it bizarre how many foreign actors/actresses make their way into lead roles on British TV series; Hunted was an example of that with the lead character having a broken, unconvincing English accent (she was Australian too) that sometimes ruined the tension/atmosphere.

I understand that you want to cast the best person for the role but I find it hard to believe that it's this difficult to have British people fill these roles. :p

The bizarre thing is that the actress is Canadian. It seems shes speaking in what she remembers to be an english accent.

Wunder

I wish I had a damn console to play GTA5. Anyone wanna open their flat so I can come and play? Or even just sit in the background and quietly watch? No?

Darren870

I wish I had a damn console to play GTA5. Anyone wanna open their flat so I can come and play? Or even just sit in the background and quietly watch? No?

Don't worry. You wont be the only one that won't buy or play this game. Guess thats what this thread will be about for the next 2 weeks :D

Jordan

Awesome!

I still live at home with 'rents (I fucking hate it)

But yeah, it's a bit far to be offering for you to come and sit and watch/play GTA

Wunder

Awesome!

I still live at home with 'rents (I fucking hate it)

But yeah, it's a bit far to be offering for you to come and sit and watch/play GTA

That's OK, it was mainly said in jest anyway. I will probably just end up watching bits of it played on twitch and wishing I had brought my PS3 with me from home.

How the hell do you even walk in that mermaid costume

With great difficulty. I ended up hitching it up around my knees to skank.

Had a nice day in the pub, met the bloke's best mate's new girl, very pretty and offered to get naked with me so we could prod each others wobbly bits. I like her.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
With great difficulty. I ended up hitching it up around my knees to skank.

Had a nice day in the pub, met the bloke's best mate's new girl, very pretty and offered to get naked with me so we could prod each others wobbly bits. I like her.

I like her too.

Symphonia

Banned
Never told you how today went; it went bad. We were sat in the restaurant, had just finished lunch and had a couple of drinks. I needed the toilet. Got up to go and literally bumped into a girl who I used to date from OKCupid. We had an awkward falling out about a month or so ago, just stopped talking. So it was a really awkward moment when we bumped into each other, made even more awkward when the ex kinda worked out I was on a date. I felt like dying.

And now I've just had the new girl on the phone, talking to me about today and how she feels 'history is repeating itself' and I'm just saw there, awkward, trying to work out what to say. And then she started crying because something happened over the weekend to her soon (or something could've happened) and she's blaming herself for going away for a whole friggin' day, and it's just like...lolwut. I hate talking on the phone anyway but with awkward moments like that - yeah.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
f0rk that gif offends me only because it's fucking huge.

An even compromise would be to post a link to anything you want to share and that way purest-virgin-experience peeps can just not click. But don't post 4 megabyte gifs even in link form. It makes me rage when it takes 5 minutes to load an image on mobile.

Guise, I did something foolish and awesome before: I preordered GTA V! I'm at a safe level of hype for it too, so I'm ready to be amazed!

Whats the Britgaf social club gang, and how does the PS3 clique do voicechat usually?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Guise, I did something foolish and awesome before: I preordered GTA V! I'm at a safe level of hype for it too, so I'm ready to be amazed!

Whats the Britgaf social club gang, and how does the PS3 clique do voicechat usually?

When the best players are playing (me and mikeside) We use Skype

Hey BritGaf. New here and up late because of Breaking Bad. Have lived in rural Northern Ireland for 20 years, and moving to the 'mainland' for university in Manchester. Very excited to go to a place with a proper nightlife.

NinjaBoiX

Morning GAF chums,

Busy fucking week for me. I have so much stuff to catch up with on my schedule, I'm supposed to have an apprentice with me, and I take on my new role on Wednesday. I think I can kiss Friday off goodbye!

I'm unable to feel the right amount of hype though.
Yeah, my neither. I'm sure it's going to be awesome, but I don't get this clock watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom