• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Those last two coats are awesome! What stores/brands?
I dunno, I just googled some images of similar jackets that I own.

Just search for "Brown hooded Leather Jacket" and "Grey woollen Trench Coat" respectively, they're fairly established designs, they'll all be much of a muchness!

My trench coat was from GAP, and my hooded leather jacket was from River Island, around £100 each. The members only jacket was from the Internet, £70 as I seem to remember.

I dunno, I just googled some images of similar jackets that I own.

Just search for "Brown hooded Leather Jacket" and "Grey woollen Trench Coat" respectively, they're fairly established designs, they'll all be much of a muchness!

My trench coat was from GAP, and my hooded leather jacket was from River Island, around £100 each. The members only jacket was from the Internet, £70 as I seem to remember.

thumbs-aloft.gif

Cheers, I'll have a nosey online at some point, hopefully there's a while before winter arrives!
Btw, how are GAP for clothes? I've never actually shopped there, especially as a kid, because GAP stands for 'gay and proud' don't you know?

Jordan

I am best with stories and poetry so will probably try and do something with that. I stopped for a while after a death in the family. It was the first one I had to deal with and it kind of threw me, I rarely know how to deal with normal everyday things so I certainly didn't know how I was supposed to deal with that but slowly starting to get back into it now!

I'm really sorry to ear about your loss. I haven't lost anybody from my family as of yet, at least not someone I know and/or are close to. The only person I've lost in life who I was close to was my ex's nan and that hit me really hard and still does now. Slightly different but glad to hear you're managing better now. Do you have any stories or poems you could share with us? Again, no offense taken if not :)

You'll have to narrow it down.

I assume you mean a long winter coat? Or are you after a more versatile jacket?

I have this in dark blue:

Really nice fit and surprisingly warm.

Or you can never go wrong with a leather jacket:

Very versatile, goes with almost anything.

Or maybe a smarter winter coat:

Looks cool with a nice sweater and jeans.

It's hard to say without knowing what you style preferences are though!

Edit: welcome N7commander!

Replying on phone, sorry for shit formatting. Having never really owned a cost I'm not entirely sure, it will be what I wear all day at work even when in the office, but I did like that trench coat, just not sure it would suit me.

NinjaBoiX

Cheers, I'll have a nosey online at some point, hopefully there's a while before winter arrives!
Btw, how are GAP for clothes? I've never actually shopped there, especially as a kid, because GAP stands for 'gay and proud' don't you know?
Excellent. Kind of basic, design wise, but very well made.

And I'm secure enough in my sexuality to rock proudly gay clothes LOM!

I regret buying those pink hot pants though. They only really work with my tight glittery Fame tee.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I regret buying those pink hot pants though. They only really work with my tight glittery Fame tee.

That's good because I don't think I'm secure enough in your sexuality. :p

In that case I'll check them out!
It's crazy the things you will/won't do as a kid for the most stupid of reasons. Shopping in Netto, Lidl and Aldi was a big no no too round these parts. Can't be seen to be buying cheaper food can we?!

Olliewilldie

Neo Member
In that case I'll check them out!
It's crazy the things you will/won't do as a kid for the most stupid of reasons. Shopping in Netto, Lidl and Aldi was a big no no too round these parts. Can't be seen to be buying cheaper food can we?!

I was shocked when I discovered the owner of Lidl & owners of Aldi are on rich lists and quite high up too. Those supermarkets sure make some £££ which does make you wonder what exactly is in their products for them to be so damn cheap and still profitable.

Wunder

I am best with stories and poetry so will probably try and do something with that. I stopped for a while after a death in the family. It was the first one I had to deal with and it kind of threw me, I rarely know how to deal with normal everyday things so I certainly didn't know how I was supposed to deal with that but slowly starting to get back into it now!

Hey man,

I know I'm just a random person on the internet, but know that if you ever need someone to proofread or just look over a piece of writing/poetry, my inbox is always open. As someone who has lost someone close to me at a relatively young age, I know how isolating and lonely it can feel at times. If you ever feel down or just need someone to talk to, I'm here.

In other news, I have successfully moved into my new student accomo, having spent the first few days in London in my brother's flat. Now time to do a bit of shopping on amazon and experience the full breadth of e-commerce in a first world country. HOORAY

NinjaBoiX

That's good because I don't think I'm secure enough in your sexuality. :p
Dude, we talked about this. You're a married man, you need to suppress your desires.

But you know I find you a very attractive man. And if things were different, I'm sure we could make each other so happy.

It just can't be my handsome beast, I'm sorry.

Suairyu

Banned
Am staying in a London hostel on Saturday. First time in a hostel that wasn't completely booked out by one group.

Should I fall asleep with my rucksack secured tightly to my limbs?

Also eagerly awaiting the Digital Foundry GTAV comparison at 3pm so I can decide once and for all what version to get. Not seeing the girlfriend for two weeks so my evenings are freeeeeee aside from some piano.

edit - apparently make that 11am tomorrow. Balls.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Fucking Autumn, finally, noticed the temperature dip last week but I for one, welcome this epic season
Hey BritGaf. New here and up late because of Breaking Bad. Have lived in rural Northern Ireland for 20 years, and moving to the 'mainland' for university in Manchester. Very excited to go to a place with a proper nightlife.
Party with GreenScar (RIP) and Cheezmoooo
Breaking Bad:

even I am shocked at how accurate I was...
I forgot it was you who posted that, fucking good episode riiight!
Housemates pulled a last minute move in last night. Everything is all happy families now.

GOING BACK TO MY DAD'S RIGHT NOW FOR BRBA THOUGH.

It's an illness.
BRBA?

Hi :) Got my account approved yesterday so thought I would come post here. Been lurking on the forums for a while so it is good to be able to post now :D

My form from the first page:

When's you Birthday: 3rd June
Where do you live: Liverpool
Where are you from: Liverpool
Occupation/University: None
Favourite Actor/Actress: Julian Sands
Favourite Band/Artist: Roxette
Favourite TV Show: QI
Favourite Crisps: plain Hula Hoops
Favourite Biscuit: Rich Tea
Favourite Pokémon: Flareon
Ant or Dec: Neither (but if forced to choose, then Dec)
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Stalactites
WELCOME, ahh getting your account activated on here is the shiiit! What brought you to GAF? OT or Gaming?
Hey, nice to finally be approved! Thought I should come say hi here!

Here is the form from the first page:

When's you Birthday: Feb 13th
Where do you live: Stanford Street Apartments, London
Where are you from: Swansea, Wales
Occupation/University: University
Favourite Actor/Actress: Tom Hanks
Favourite Band/Artist: Florence + The Machine
Favourite TV Show: Doctor Who
Favourite Crisps: Quavers
Favourite Biscuit: HobNobs
Favourite Pokémon: Arceus
Ant or Dec: Dec (no contest)
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Stalagtites (obviously)
Welcome! What you studyin' brah?

Didldidi has the answer.
:( I shop at Lidl

Also eagerly awaiting the Digital Foundry GTAV comparison at 3pm so I can decide once and for all what version to get. Not seeing the girlfriend for two weeks so my evenings are freeeeeee aside from some piano.

Spoiler:
it ain't any of the ones on sale tomorrow

Suairyu

Banned
Spoiler:
it ain't any of the ones on sale tomorrow
Well duh, the PC version will be bought for £5 in a Steam sale three years from now.

But I need something for now, to sate my own impatience and to take advantage of the online before everyone stops playing it.

Well duh, the PC version will be bought for £5 in a Steam sale three years from now.

But I need something for now, to sate my own impatience and to take advantage of the online before everyone stops playing it.

Ah right, I get you. Yeah, I'm curious as to which will turn out better, but only on a purely academic level. I only have a PS3 so I don't really have a choice.

Darren870

Am staying in a London hostel on Saturday. First time in a hostel that wasn't completely booked out by one group.

Should I fall asleep with my rucksack secured tightly to my limbs?

Most Hostels have lockers...you should be fine.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
7 hours to wait for gta after my shift fml. 2 grams and 2 beers aint going to make it any easier.

Today is the day guys.

afoni

Banned
breaking bad was one of them rare episodes of breaking bad where absolutely everything happened and you shouted at the screen because it happened in such a way that it was fucking amazing and wow

oh shit

one of the best episodes of the show let alone the series right there

need to change my pants as i had a platonic love explosion in there wow

SteveWD40

breaking bad was one of them rare episodes of breaking bad where absolutely everything happened and you shouted at the screen because it happened in such a way that it was fucking amazing and wow

oh shit

one of the best episodes of the show let alone the series right there

need to change my pants as i had a platonic love explosion in there wow

Did you click the link:

When you have watched Breaking Bad click this link:

Negrodamus

...your'e God Damn Right.

:O

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Was just reading back through the Madstacks BritGAF OT

It's funny to look back only a few months and still be greeted with a weird nostalgia, back in february when I joined I really forced myself into this group. My posting habits made me cringe, how fucking hyperactive and bipolar I was.. Using the ":p" emoticon way too much, I got a good few chuckles out of the rants I went on such as the hoover incident, the family fights, when me and meadows clashed resulting in him getting owned by TDM and that time my friend got ID'd for being with me whilst I bought myself beer.

Teamed with the shenanigans of Mikesides Dating adventures (which I miss) Chinners comics (also miss) and the notorious Noffles trolling left, right and centre...always coming back unscathed to our bemusement (untill that fateful day)

Although I don't post all that much anymore (Well, compared to how I used to), just thought I'd spend the time to say everyone here is the goddamn shit, now I have my life on track with the apprenticeship and I have my own place and I kinda have you guys to thank, I would've gone insane without you guys to talk to.. I took a risk moving to Portsmouth with no friends or people I knew there other than the family friend I was moving in with so to have all you guys to talk to on here whenever I was feeling down saved my ass

Kinda gotta wonder how shit things would be by now if I had stayed at home in Devon unemployed with no job prospects, no desire to do anything other than get fucked up and make a fool of myself on a daily basis

but yeah

tumblr_mi52zvhQXp1rm5622o1_250.gif

Reknoc

Nice one Tash. Love a 'feel good' story.

I'll double-dip. Triple if I think the PC version will run better than PS4 (which it probably won't on my rig).

A part of me hopes I hate it so I don't end up triple-dipping. Either way I'm at least double dipping, since I'll get it when it's dirt cheap on steam regardless.

edit: oh shit, didn't see that app, time to strain and make my custom plate through my iphones broken ass screen.

SmokyDave

A part of me hopes I hate it so I don't end up triple-dipping. Either way I'm at least double dipping, since I'll get it when it's dirt cheap on steam regardless.

edit: oh shit, didn't see that app, time to strain and make my custom plate through my iphones broken ass screen.

I hated GTA 4 and I still ended up triple-dipping on that mofo. It's GTA, man. Put all common sense aside and throw yourself in.

Reknoc

I hated GTA 4 and I still ended up triple-dipping on that mofo. It's GTA, man. Put all common sense aside and throw yourself in.

Yea same, well I only double dipped, but it was like all 3 games for something ridiculous like a fiver not going to pass that up. I even played it yesterday, gosh what a terrible game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom