• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

Hating GTAIV probably doesn't help, even if everything I've seen indicates a massive improvement. Also knowing that whether it comes today or tomorrow I'll only be able to spend a couple of hours with it.

Jordan

After seeing that gif from f0rk, must resist spoiler thread.

:( - Dunno whether I'm gonna manage the all nighter but we will see.

Morning all

Feeling very sleepy this morning, did not want to get out of bed at all.

Still, had a good weekend, and another good weekend coming up, just need to get through this week first.

BB tonight should help with that.

Oh, and my mate is gonna be on X-Factor this Saturday. Which means I'm actually going to have to watch it. Groan.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh, and my mate is gonna be on X-Factor this Saturday. Which means I'm actually going to have to watch it. Groan.
Good luck to them!

But on the flip side I think everyone else should avoid watching just to avoid that potential moment that could occur if they meet said friend in future and they realise they laughed at your friend's X Factor performance. Not saying it will be bad, but that's what I think of when I think X Factor.

Morning slags!

I was hoping my copy of GTA V would arrive today but it's not looking likely.

I've got a funeral this afternoon too, I hate Mondays.

afoni

Banned
Housemates pulled a last minute move in last night. Everything is all happy families now.

GOING BACK TO MY DAD'S RIGHT NOW FOR BRBA THOUGH.

It's an illness.

Good luck to them!

But on the flip side I think everyone else should avoid watching just to avoid that potential moment that could occur if they meet said friend in future and they realise they laughed at your friend's X Factor performance. Not saying it will be bad, but that's what I think of when I think X Factor.

Haha, I know what you mean, but it's not going to be bad.

Morning all.

Been a while since I posted here, was on holiday and didn't have easy access to a laptop.

Just to save me looking for it, could someone link me the thread for the next meetup? I can't remember when it is.

Tarahiro

Hi :) Got my account approved yesterday so thought I would come post here. Been lurking on the forums for a while so it is good to be able to post now :D

My form from the first page:

When's you Birthday: 3rd June
Where do you live: Liverpool
Where are you from: Liverpool
Occupation/University: None
Favourite Actor/Actress: Julian Sands
Favourite Band/Artist: Roxette
Favourite TV Show: QI
Favourite Crisps: plain Hula Hoops
Favourite Biscuit: Rich Tea
Favourite Pokémon: Flareon
Ant or Dec: Neither (but if forced to choose, then Dec)
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Stalactites

Wunder

Hi :) Got my account approved yesterday so thought I would come post here. Been lurking on the forums for a while so it is good to be able to post now :D

Welcome! I forgot to fill out the form and was wondering where that one guy got it from, so thanks!

When's you Birthday: Feb 20th
Where do you live: London
Where are you from: Malaysia
Occupation/University: Goldsmiths
Favourite Actor/Actress: JGL
Favourite Band/Artist: Bastille
Favourite TV Show: Seinfeld
Favourite Crisps: Tostitos
Favourite Biscuit: Digestives
Favourite Pokémon: Fennekin
Ant or Dec: Wat
Stalactites or Stalagmites: The ones what stick from the floor

edit: fuckin new page

Jordan

I'm seriously considering taking tomorrow off.

All aboard the hype train!

I booked it off as a late decision of Thursday last week, I was planning on doing an all nighter then working and just thought it was a bad idea then coming to work - especially with how badly I sleep anyways.

Welcome to the crew. What are you doing with your life if you have no occupation/uni if you don't mind me asking?

Oh dear. What's up?

Yeah, not bad, thank you. Just a quiet one with the missus. "Properly" celebrating (ie Hookers, Blackjack etc.) next week. All my mates are on holiday in Kefalonia at the moment.

Sounds like a good weekend planned. Especially the hookers part. I just have a stinking headache, I haven't slept well all weekend (self inflicted really) and still aching from an injury last week.

Welcome! I forgot to fill out the form and was wondering where that one guy got it from, so thanks!

Welcome, learn to 100pp. Ant or Dec are two very shit tv hosts. The only correct option is "or" :)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
That's tomorrow :p I'm only person on helpdesk today so I didn't wanna bail.

350662-big_boss_salute.jpg

Dat dedication... :p

NinjaBoiX

Morning all. How is everybody?
Meh, not bad. I got another speeding ticket, and I'm ridiculously busy trying to tie up stuff with my old job while prepping a new one.

Argh!

Also Happy Birthday for yesterday buddy.

When's you Birthday: 3rd June
Where do you live: Liverpool
Where are you from: Liverpool
Occupation/University: None
Favourite Actor/Actress: Julian Sands
Favourite Band/Artist: Roxette
Favourite TV Show: QI
Favourite Crisps: plain Hula Hoops
Favourite Biscuit: Rich Tea
Favourite Pokémon: Flareon
Ant or Dec: Neither (but if forced to choose, then Dec)
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Stalactites

When's you Birthday: Feb 20th
Where do you live: London
Where are you from: Malaysia
Occupation/University: Goldsmiths
Favourite Actor/Actress: JGL
Favourite Band/Artist: Bastille
Favourite TV Show: Seinfeld
Favourite Crisps: Tostitos
Favourite Biscuit: Digestives
Favourite Pokémon: Fennekin
Ant or Dec: Wat
Stalactites or Stalagmites: The ones what stick from the floor

Welcome peoples!
Happy Monday everyone!
"Yer twistin' ma melon Danj."

;)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Meh, not bad. I got another speeding ticket, and I'm ridiculously busy trying to tie up stuff with my old job while prepping a new one.

Argh!

Also Happy Birthday for yesterday buddy.

Thanks!

Were you chasing after those high speed adrenaline rushes again...? You're like the northern Vin Diesel! :)

It takes a hell of a lot for me to have a day off unwell.

If one of my cats looks at me funny, I'm having the day off.

afoni

Banned
I'm back at my Dad's and there is internet and a keyboard not attached to a phone.

I missed you, civilisation.

RIGHT, TIME TO BREAK BAD.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Moving house is tricky, or at least time-consuming.

I've been busy this last month:

(a) doing awesome sales in the bead shop
(b) sorting out all the crap in the old house and tidying up the garden (2 bags full of green waste by 8am today) and painting, and tip-tripping and so on
(c) doing change-of address stuff with about 50 business suppliers and about 40 domestic ones.
(d) plotting out the new flat, working out where stuff goes and engaging people to help with the heavy stuff - useful that I know a good bunch of young 'uns. Whatever people say about the younger generation, they'll do anything for a decent set of golf clubs.

All that and just about to go off and do some DIY in the kids' place. You know what having an awesome father is like? It's like having me.

Knackered.

Hey, nice to finally be approved! Thought I should come say hi here!

Here is the form from the first page:

When's you Birthday: Feb 13th
Where do you live: Stanford Street Apartments, London
Where are you from: Swansea, Wales
Occupation/University: University
Favourite Actor/Actress: Tom Hanks
Favourite Band/Artist: Florence + The Machine
Favourite TV Show: Doctor Who
Favourite Crisps: Quavers
Favourite Biscuit: HobNobs
Favourite Pokémon: Arceus
Ant or Dec: Dec (no contest)
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Stalagtites (obviously)

Jordan

So, it's beginning to get cold and wearing my hoodies to work mean I am going to get colds a lot more until I start wearing a coat.

I wear on a daily basis, trousers, shirt and a hoodie (I have about 4 - dark grey, light grey, blue and red) but I think it's time to buy a coat - I have only owned one coat since I was an adult and I wasn't a massive fan of it. So who here can convert me to a coat?

Anyone?

Tarahiro

Welcome to the crew. What are you doing with your life if you have no occupation/uni if you don't mind me asking?

Pretty much just play games. I have aspergers and other difficulties so when I do find a job it would have to be one where I don't have to interact with others so it's a bit difficult.

I sing in a local choir though so that gets me out of the house once a week and I write a lot but not doing anything professionally.

SmokyDave

Moving house is tricky, or at least time-consuming.

I've been busy this last month:

(a) doing awesome sales in the bead shop
(b) sorting out all the crap in the old house and tidying up the garden (2 bags full of green waste by 8am today) and painting, and tip-tripping and so on
(c) doing change-of address stuff with about 50 business suppliers and about 40 domestic ones.
(d) plotting out the new flat, working out where stuff goes and engaging people to help with the heavy stuff - useful that I know a good bunch of young 'uns. Whatever people say about the younger generation, they'll do anything for a decent set of golf clubs.

All that and just about to go off and do some DIY in the kids' place. You know what having an awesome father is like? It's like having me.

Knackered.
Sounds like you're having fun underneath all that blood 'n' sweat!

Can you distil all your fatherly wisdom into one easy-to-remember tip? Perhaps in the form of a rhyme or limerick?

Jordan

Pretty much just play games. I have aspergers and other difficulties so when I do find a job it would have to be one where I don't have to interact with others so it's a bit difficult.

I sing in a local choir though so that gets me out of the house once a week and I write a lot but not doing anything professionally.

Okay, if your writing is good you could potentially look at doing that as a freelance writer - there are a few paying ones. Do you mind me asking how old you are?

Olliewilldie

Neo Member
Morning guys and gals.

Finally after 6 years of trying to get my girlfriend to play a game of ANY type with me, all it took was her being heavily hungover and a rainy sunday. It was Diablo 3 of all games.... it turns out she is a total loot whore, picks up everything going. She is having trouble not shooting the wall constantly but doesn't seem to get that upset over it.

Breaking bad tonight.... GTA5 tomorrow and then a 4 day weekend for my older brothers wedding back in Norfolk. This week will be a good week.

Tarahiro

Okay, if your writing is good you could potentially look at doing that as a freelance writer - there are a few paying ones. Do you mind me asking how old you are?

I am best with stories and poetry so will probably try and do something with that. I stopped for a while after a death in the family. It was the first one I had to deal with and it kind of threw me, I rarely know how to deal with normal everyday things so I certainly didn't know how I was supposed to deal with that but slowly starting to get back into it now!

SmokyDave

Why isn't it midnight yet, goddamnit?!

That said, I need to see a man about some herbs after work, and I want to set up a dedicated GTA5 rig on our spare HDTV. Just need to get through the next five and a half hours first. Aaargh.

Thanks! God, it's so cool here, I'm loving it! (Bloody noisy outside though ha)

Hey, you found us!

Welcome.

I am best with stories and poetry so will probably try and do something with that. I stopped for a while after a death in the family. It was the first one I had to deal with and it kind of threw me, I rarely know how to deal with normal everyday things so I certainly didn't know how I was supposed to deal with that but slowly starting to get back into it now!

If you don't mind me asking, how old were you when you were diagnosed?

NinjaBoiX

You'll have to narrow it down.

I assume you mean a long winter coat? Or are you after a more versatile jacket?

I have this in dark blue:

Members Only Funnel Neck said:

Really nice fit and surprisingly warm.

Or you can never go wrong with a leather jacket:

I have one similar said:

Very versatile, goes with almost anything.

Or maybe a smarter winter coat:

Grey trench coat said:

Looks cool with a nice sweater and jeans.

It's hard to say without knowing what you style preferences are though!

Edit: welcome N7commander!

I need some clothes I can go running in. There's a park like 5 minutes from me, I somehow only just found out, and I really need to start exercising. For mental wellbeing more than physical, probably.

Really nice fit and surprisingly warm.

Or you can never go wrong with a leather jacket:

Very versatile, goes with almost anything.

Or maybe a smarter winter coat:

Looks cool with a nice sweater and jeans.

It's hard to say without knowing what you style preferences are though!

Edit: welcome N7commander!

Those last two coats are awesome! What stores/brands?

Olliewilldie

Neo Member
Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA V) Despatched!

Wahoo - I have it from a rental place and Amazon.... Rental place was 1st. How exciting.

As for coats I have one "smart" black trench coat very similar to the bottom picture (I got mine from H&M), I also have a Superdry one which I got cheap for general use which is very very warm. Highly recommend either / both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom