• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That quote of Sessler's isn't praise, though, more an over-written hypothesis. We use literature to give us insight into Dickens' times. Whose to say GTAV won't give future people similar insight?

All art gives that insight. It's a really odd statement to make because the natural response is simply "uh, no shit?"
Yes, but the underlying message is not really a hypothesis because it is obvious. And thus doesn't really make sense if used just for that reason;

White Chicks is just as likely to be taken as culturally significant if found by future archaeologists simply by the fact that it is a product of the past; this property is true no matter what and thus not a judgement of worth or value.

By bringing it up in the first place he is making a value statement in purposefully selecting GTA V saying it is comparable to Charles Dickens literature in what we get from its reading. No doubt one can learn something of the past or present from either source but there is a reason we read Dickens and not just anything from that period.

Comparing this game to classic literature (note: i don't actually like dickens but I understand its purpose) in such a way is ridiculous.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Another Essex boi in da house!

Ok, who is dressing up as a clown and scaring the fuck out of Northampton?
I honestly thought Tashbrooke finally snapped but then I realized it was the wrong area. Then again he has been mysteriously ambiguous about this apprenticeship of his...

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
First hate crimes against race, now hate crimes against the Zeitgeist.

The single most important cultural event of the decade for all of humanity and he ruins it.

Black playable character. 'Nuff said.

His racist attitude transcends human beings and now includes polygons, textures and pixels.

Oh they will, it'll just take a year. I can wait. Red dead will never come though lol.

Since PS4/Xbone use an architecture much more similar to a PC, hopefully we can expect more ports , closer to console release and better optimised for the platform.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Can't be dealing with this, Leaving at 10.30 and hitting Mcdee's, I'l stretch out eating it as long as possible then head to the location and wait further. Hope radio 1 will play awesome music for the mission.

It's been nice knowing you all.

Kentpaul

Still no dispatch from Amazon, no way I'll be playing GTA before Thursday :(

Go to a supermarket tonight and buy it, return your amazon copy when it comes. Playing gta tomorrow or later is like getting a macdee's and driving it home, sure it will taste nice but the fries will be soggy!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, you are getting me excited for this game and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

NinjaBoiX

BB...

0ceHJ.gif

...so drama! Very excite!

Another Essex boi in da house!
serious-baby-o.gif

Enjoy GTA5 tonight boys.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yeah, I agree. It was fun for about 1/3rd of the main story and the crazy side missions. Overall the multiplayer is what really shines but it's starting to lose its appeal.

Whoa, a post from January 2014 somehow ended up getting sent back to now. Weird.

temper thou expectations and you shalt never be disappoint

Kentpaul

Nothing like the lad bible on facebook posting a screenshot from the last fucking mission. I don't really care about spoilers but goddamn, that fucking sucks, biggest cunts to ever walk this earth.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Nothing like the lad bible on facebook posting a screenshot from the last fucking mission. I don't really care about spoilers but goddamn, that fucking sucks, biggest cunts to ever walk this earth.
It's the lad bible on Facebook. That is the kind of cuntish shit they do all the time. Sucks that it hit you like that though. Delete and block and try and forget it.

NinjaBoiX

Did you see my link? Do you fear my great power?
tumblr_mhadhojPvh1s3749jo1_500.gif

You're a fucking genius Steven.

(I was legitimately impressed dude. That's some clever deduction right there brother!)
Common or garden cunts >>>>>>>> Facebook cunts

Kentpaul

It's the lad bible on Facebook. That is the kind of cuntish shit they do all the time. Sucks that it hit you like that though. Delete and block and try and forget it.

I know man but the last fucking mission lol, fake edit, re read it and its only the first mission.. thank fuck guys.

Not to bad at all,

NinjaBoiX

CHEEZMO™;82187733 said:
I keep forgetting GTA is coming out. Too wrapped up in Splinta Sell.
I just got this and grid 2 the other day. We should do some SC:B co-op! Shoot me an FR dude, we'll play at some point. Handle is the same.
Negrodamus indeed :O
I only read the bolded. I don't want to hear anymore you filthy spoiler.

You didn't spoil anything, I didn't read it until after I'd watched it. But yeah, bang on the money so far!

SteveWD40

I was a little suprised when it all came to pass, although I am now wondering about Walts purpose for coming back, having a change of heart on that I think.

Mikeside

changed my mind - I'm heading to Tesco, not Asda for my launch copy as I've been promised they have 1000s of copies in.

heading off in 5, wish me luck guys!

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Had a guy proper kick off at the pub tonight, it was a little bit frightening but I felt like a boss for keeping cool, need to hit the gym more me thinks as that guy could've fucking destroyed me if it had gone the other way

I'm still really proud of that thread title.
It is still my fave
What kind of apprenticeship are you doing down in Portsmouth.
I am doing an apprenticeship in licensing, catering and hospitality in the hope I may one day run a pub
I honestly thought Tashbrooke finally snapped but then I realized it was the wrong area. Then again he has been mysteriously ambiguous about this apprenticeship of his...
teehee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom