• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw yeah.

1237678_646116785419005_626312826_n.jpg

SmokyDave

Is the manual something I can really enjoy whilst I have a long dump, or is it better used to wipe after said bowel movement?
The manual is just the controls, and that's it. I think there's an app coming to substitute for a decent printed manual and there's a digital manual online.

That's why I'm reading the map. Can't wait to explore it all. Just one gig left on the install.

The manual is just the controls, and that's it. I think there's an app coming to substitute for a decent printed manual and there's a digital manual online.

That's why I'm reading the map. Can't wait to explore it all. Just one gig left on the install.

>spends £180m producing game
>doesn't even put a decent manual in each box

But seriously I suppose I'll wait to see what this app is like.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I caved. Will give it a spin tomorrow.

Don't make me regret this Rockstar like I did with IV.

Jordan

It's installing. Debating whether to stay awake and fuck my sleeping pattern or whether to cave and sleep now then wake up working hours.

Sleep pattern is staying intact - alarm changed from 6am to 7am. I'm ready.

SmokyDave

Game's shit hot man. As soon as I got control of Franklin, I just fucked off and did my own thing. This feels like my next gen San Andreas, a game where I can just jump in and drive for miles and love every minute. I've already seen so many cool little things (and big things) that I want to fuck with.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Just got out of the shop there. We sold 6 copies of the game. Gg Tesco.

My local had maybe 40 people lined up waiting when I got there and I arrived at about 12:20 so they no doubt had loads more. I just walked around a bit and eventually everybody else was gone. Had to give ID because I don't look older than 18. I'm 23 but I guess its better to look too young than too old.

Suairyu

Banned
Come 11am I'll know what version of GTA V to buy. I'll then buy it on my lunchbreak from ASDA.

Due to free online I naturally lean towards PS3, so it'll have to be GTAIV/RDR levels of difference for me to go to 360. Unfortunately, I'm not hopeful for it to not be GTAIV/RDR levels of difference.

NinjaBoiX

Morning geeks,

How goes GTAV then? I just read in the OT that they gimped the handling so much that it feels like Saints Row now. Please, say it ain't so!

CHEEZMO™;82201829 said:
@ninj you on ecksbawcks with SC?

Yeah buddy!

Anyone awake? 23 degrees here. Why didn't I bring any shorts? Why?!

Yeah, I've been up a while geez. How's Japan?

8bit

Knows the Score
Shinjuku atm. Arrived at 9.30am and check in wasn't until 2pm so I deliberately got myself lost for a few hours. What a surreal place.

Don't they have shorts shops there? Also, is it humid there? When I was in Singapore it wasn't the heat that was difficult to deal with, it was the humidity. Sweat was pouring from me in the streets.

Come 11am I'll know what version of GTA V to buy. I'll then buy it on my lunchbreak from ASDA.

Due to free online I naturally lean towards PS3, so it'll have to be GTAIV/RDR levels of difference for me to go to 360. Unfortunately, I'm not hopeful for it to not be GTAIV/RDR levels of difference.

It's pretty much identical whichever platform you get it on.

Morning BritGAF.

NinjaBoiX

I've already seen comparison gifs that show 360 version has more detailed trees. That's how it begins...
And that's besides the fact that R* games rarely approach anything like platform parity.

"they'll be pretty much the same" is both a strange and baseless conclusion.

Hasney

I stopped playing GTA on Sunday after 22 hours and thought that I was actually nearing the end of the main missions with the way the plot was going. But nope, got some more filler missions, which is good. Needs more heists though.

SKINNER!

Banned
Yeah, I've been up a while geez. How's Japan?

Pleasantly surprised that I wasn't treated like a piece of shit at immigration. We had a laugh and everything. Had a cringy bus ride from the airport listening to a German computer technician awkwardly talking to his Japanese girlfriend about his job in great detail. Kinda reminded me of that weird web comic with the bushy beard guy.

and get this. I was at a slightly busy coffee shop killing time and I grabbed a seat next to the door. Lady comes in, grabs the table next to mine, puts her handbag on the seat as some form of seat reserver and then walks to the other side of the shop to make her order. I was like "Come on love, you can't be serious leaving your bag like that there? seriously?!" She eventually came back to her seat and sat down with her bag like its nothing. Man, if that was Glasgow the bag would've disappeared within a blink.

Don't they have shorts shops there? Also, is it humid there? When I was in Singapore it wasn't the heat that was difficult to deal with, it was the humidity. Sweat was pouring from me in the streets.

Nah, not that humid...yet. Plus, I've been in far worse heart during my childhood. It was raining heavy yesterday apparently. Will definitely pick up some shorts if I can find my size.

Shower first though followed by picking up a metro card and then hit the pachinko machines.

Hasney

I was laughing so hard at the TV channels in GTA too. Was perfect to pull into a safehouse when I wanted a quick smoke break. Impotent Rage might be the greatest show on all TV ever.

Juicy Bob

and get this. I was at a slightly busy coffee shop killing time and I grabbed a seat next to the door. Lady comes in, grabs the table next to mine, puts her handbag on the seat as some form of seat reserver and then walks to the other side of the shop to make her order. I was like "Come on love, you can't be serious leaving your bag like that there? seriously?!" She eventuality came back to her seat and sat down with her bag like its nothing. Man, if that was Glasgow the bag would've disappeared within a blink.
When I was in Hiroshima, not only did it strike me how everyone seemed to cycle everywhere, but that everyone just left their bikes on kickstands outside of shops and bars and cafes and things totally exposed and not chained up or anything. As if they knew they could just leave their stuff out in public knowing that no one would think of nicking it.

I wish we were more like that.

NinjaBoiX

Glad you're enjoying yourself Shorty! Don't forget to post pics.

No, I've got it on Playstation 3, I'll be getting it on PC though...

I'm just going by what the general GAF census is.
From what I've heard, the concensus is that the Xbox version is notably better. MC:LA, RDR and GTA4 are all significantly better on 360, although MP3 closed the gap somewhat. Plus, PS3 is lead platform this time. I guess we'll find out from DF in a few hours!

SteveWD40

Is it weird I give not one fuck about GTA? I used to, but my interest died after Vice City, I think the novelty of open world wore off for me after playing WoW / Elder Scrolls / Fallout 3 etc...

Only games I am a bit hyped for now are: BF4, The Division, Everquest Next and Deep Down.

From what I've heard, the concensus is that the Xbox version is notably better. MC:LA, RDR and GTA4 are all significantly better on 360, although MP3 closed the gap somewhat. Plus, PS3 is lead platform this time. I guess we'll find out from DF in a few hours!

Realy, notably better? Damn I shouldn't have thrown a hissy fit and sold my Xbox 360.

To be honest if I still had my Xbox 360 I'd be playing GTA V on that, mainly because I prefer the Xbox 360 control pad but I'll make do with the Playstation 3 until the PC version is released.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Morning! Hope you're all groovy and what-not.

Finally got my shipping order through for GTA last night; it said my copy was floating somewhere over Germany. Get up this morning to find it is in good ol' blighty and only a few hours away from being delivered. Woot woot!

...shame I have to do this work business first.

Is it weird I give not one fuck about GTA?

Yes, sir. Yes it is. :p

Morning Gaf! Hopefully my copy will be waiting for me when I get home from work today.

Just found out it's Jeans for Genes day on Friday. Is it silly that I'm really excited about being able to wear normal clothes to work?

Reknoc

MP3 isn't really comparable though, since it's a series of awful cutscenes sometimes broken up by an awesome corridor shooter.

Quidam

Hey guys, quick question for a mate re: save games

would my gta save be stored on a ps3's hard drive or synced to psn? so if i logged into my username on a friend's account, would i be able to pick up where i left off at home or is it all tied to the hdd?

Quidam

Surely that depends whether or you've got PSN+ cloud saving, and also whether the game supports it?

Ah, I see. Neither him nor I know anything about how saves work on the PS3. I'm going to assume no to PSN+, so I guess it won't work? Is there an easy way of transferring saves, e.g. by USB stick?

Dreaver

Hey BritGAF, I have a question.

For my research I need to find a foreign (English) educational children (around age 8-10) television program (I am Dutch). I was wondering, can anyone give me an example for a UK one? It's pretty hard to find one if you don't know English television.

I hope it's not a problem for me asking it here.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hey BritGAF, I have a question.

For my research I need to find a foreign (English) educational children (around age 8-10) television program (I am Dutch). I was wondering, can anyone give me an example for a UK one? It's pretty hard to find one if you don't know English television.

I hope it's not a problem for me asking it here.
At that age we watched a series of programmes called Look and Read, but this was over 10 years ago and even then the show was rather old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom