• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

afoni

Banned
60gig fat model. The OG.

Launch PS3s can't handle the brilliance.
Mine can.

Worst thing about the game is the handholdy bullshit when aiming. I love just delivering a single knockout punch to people from behind though. That shit is great. I also lead a gasoline trail to a gas station and ignited it.

My housemates like the jerry can.

8bit

Knows the Score
Guess my sense of humour is off then! Really just grated me.

Nah, you're not alone. I couldn't get into it last night, and Lamar just came across as a dick while helpfully telling me that I need to shoot the guy in the distance that I could barely keep up with. Not really impressed by the car's hard stops any time I clipped something either.

Hystzen

Nah, you're not alone. I couldn't get into it last night, and Lamar just came across as a dick while helpfully telling me that I need to shoot the guy in the distance that I could barely keep up with. Not really impressed by the car's hard stops any time I clipped something either.

Lamar to me is the try hard he reminds of people who think they are hard gangstas but are just straight up idiots. The first mission with Chop shows how much a joke he is and to stop taking him serious. He irritates me still sometimes but I tend just shake my head more then anything thank god Micheal is such a awesome character

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Go back and play civ5 you humourless prudes!, I kid, but why would you buy the new san Andreas if your not into Hood movies, gangsta rap and downright funny shit.

When I'm out riding with lamer i feel like I'm in a Compton gang heading to a job. Rockstar have nailed this.

Game of forever.

Every time i try and tackle mount chiliad i die in the most awesome ways, From a trip and fall turning into a deadly roll to the death to my car flipping out like shit
and fucking mountain tigers ripping me apart

8bit

Knows the Score
Lamar to me is the try hard he reminds of people who think they are hard gangstas but are just straight up idiots. The first mission with Chop shows how much a joke he is and to stop taking him serious. He irritates me still sometimes but I tend just shake my head more then anything thank god Micheal is such a awesome character

I think going for the vehicle recovery submissions was a bad way to start. Will get back to it later once my talky bullshit meetings of today are out of the way.

Get a better car/drive better?

I kid.

Kentpaul

I think going for the vehicle recovery submissions was a bad way to start. Will get back to it later once my talky bullshit meetings of today are out of the way.

It showed franklin was a normal working man from the hood and that way Mike could teach him a thing or two, It wouldn't be the same if franklin was a seasoned G.

Olliewilldie

Neo Member
Go back and play civ5 you humourless prudes!, I kid, but why would you buy the new san Andreas if your not into Hood movies, gangsta rap and downright funny shit.

When I'm out riding with lamer i feel like I'm in a Compton gang heading to a job. Rockstar have nailed this.

This could well be my problem....... hood movies and gangsta rap aren't really my thaaaang.

Hystzen

I'm not sold on car handling yet I have issues now and again I actually prefer GTAIV car driving I loved hell out of it could glide around easy.

Oh yeah guys get a plane from airport go as high as possible and jump out then enjoy the Euphoria game engine effect on the character.

Nah, you're right. I just need to get used to the handling, it's quite a bit different from Sleeping Dogs which was the last GTA-esque game I played.

It certainly is. I found the steering to be a bit loose. Still, I guess it'll just take some getting used to. Shooting while driving is definitely a bitch, I ended up just knocking him off the bike in the end.

Kentpaul

I'm not sold on car handling yet I have issues now and again I actually prefer GTAIV car driving I loved hell out of it could glide around easy.

Oh yeah guys get a plane from airport go as high as possible and jump out then enjoy the Euphoria engine effect on the character.

Gotta love jumping towards a fence or something then just bouncing off it onto the floor, Euphoria engine is godly, and i refuse to go back to any subpar gaming engines in the future. Gta is my future, I will retire from non rockstar gaming and play this game till the end of time.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Same here, I was giggling a lot at Lemar, funny guy.

There was a moment when Lemarr even mentions
the sex faces that Franklin pulls when he goes into focus mode
, which caught me by surprise. So much so, that I crashed.

The first mission with Chop shows how much a joke he is and to stop taking him serious.

I think that was the point of it, it puts you in Franklin's (only sane man) shoes. Shit will build up between them, I'm sure of it.

Olliewilldie

Neo Member
It certainly is. I found the steering to be a bit loose. Still, I guess it'll just take some getting used to. Shooting while driving is definitely a bitch, I ended up just knocking him off the bike in the end.

Glad that wasn't just me who struggled with that too, felt really awkward to shoot while driving. I am guessing in the future you can just switch to one of the other chars and shoot as a passenger.

Well I hope it will work like that.

Hystzen

Nothing like punching then chasing overweight people with huge asses in Franklins hood at least getting some exercise

I can't say I really care much for Franklin, just seems kinda boring.

He reminds me of CJ so kind of bores me seen it before

Also last page you moaning about those pop up messages (which do annoy) you can turn off all messages in the options

Reknoc

I was playing fetch with chop last night and accidentally dropped the ball which triggered a gang of people to gun me down lol.

Also did anyone get caught by the wife during the franklins mission?

He reminds me of CJ so kind of bores me seen it before

Also last page you moaning about those pop up messages (which do annoy) you can turn off all messages in the options

He reminds me more of the guy in Vice City Stories, just really boring and reluctant to do fun stuff because he's trying to get straight even though I ran down the population of a small village getting to a mission.

Can't believe I missed the pop up option lol, spent most of the tutorial in the options as I fine tuned my aim (cranked sensitivity up fully, inverted vertical aiming and turned on free aim)

edit: I also swapped shoulder buttons for shooting. Might still invest in another pair of real triggers though for driving.

NinjaBoiX

Gotta love jumping towards a fence or something then just bouncing off it onto the floor, Euphoria engine is godly, and i refuse to go back to any subpar gaming engines in the future. Gta is my future, I will retire from non rockstar gaming and play this game till the end of time.
R*'s engine this gen is called RAGE (Rockstar Advanced Game Engine).

Euphoria is just the animation system.

I gotta agree that the new vehicle handling is a bit whack. It was too loose before, but now it feels too tight and twitchy. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Hystzen

This games options are great it one few games that do what i love that is allow full customization of the shit you see on screen.

No HUD, no messages and i kept radar for the moment it one things enjoyed most in Ass Creed games removing all the clutter then just enjoy the game

Just found all 7 series of MacGyver on netflix...

:O

fuck GTA this is how might spend my weekend

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

tumblr_lklezidDB11qav29fo1_r1_500.gif

:p

I gotta agree that the new vehicle handling is a bit whack. It was too loose before, but now it feels too tight and twitchy. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I really liked GTA IV's handling, it felt like you were a Holywood stunt driver at high speeds. When I heard a lot of people saying V's was a bit pants, I was worried, but now I can't see the problem with it, personally. It seems like a lighter, much more responsive version of IV's. You can pull of some insane moves, especially with Franklin.... or summink.

Kentpaul

The animation system is what kept me going back to gta iv. Every encounter is just magnificent.

Good gaming.

Lirlond

Only a year till the independence referendum. Still no studies on what the effects will be either way. I seriously hope this isn't something that the nation votes on in ignorance.

Kentpaul

Only a year till the independence referendum. Still no studies on what the effects will be either way. I seriously hope this isn't something that the nation votes on in ignorance.

Mel Gibson made my mind up in 2005

8bit

Knows the Score

I think you'll see a lot more movement over the coming year, don't the Scottish Government have a white paper scheduled for November?

Lirlond

I know. This time next year stv will be playing braveheart on repeat and there will be an influx of documentaries on famous scots. Even supporting independence I'd rather we went through if it was feasible and safe to do so. Not because scheme trash want to "fuck the queen".

Lirlond

The gov. have plans yes, but I doubt they'll reach the everyman. Hardly anyone follows what happens in Hollyrood outwith the news

8bit

Knows the Score
Doesn't some of that fault lie with the press though? There are grassroots Yes campaigners working, and probably similar in the No camp but how else are these messages supposed to be communicated to the public? The Internet should be a good resource but the level of debate online wouldn't be out of place at 5 O'Clock on a Saturday on Radio Clyde.

Lirlond

Doesn't some of that fault lie with the press though? There are grassroots Yes campaigners working, and probably similar in the No camp but how else are these messages supposed to be communicated to the public? The Internet should be a good resource but the level of debate online wouldn't be out of place at 5 O'Clock on a Saturday on Radio Clyde.

Yeah this is the problem. No media outreach at all. As much as it pains me to say it; we're at the mercy of the tabloids and stv.

SKINNER!

Banned
Shorty. If you are into clubs check out Womb in Shibuya, or any clubs there or fun.

There is also Ageha where you can go crazy till morning. It overlooks the water is very nice. About 7 different acts going on throughout the night.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Womb_(nightclub)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AgeHa

Sorry for late reply. Wouldn't mind checking out nightclub scene here but I discovered in Shinjuku on my first night that foreign guy + solo + walking around after 9pm = Sex tourist apparently. The number of times I got approached by African guys on the main streets saying I can get a blowjob (from a Japanese lady) if I followed them down an alleyway into some seedy club/bar. and they are persistent too! Yeah...right, because I flew all the way here to get my dick wet by an unwilling Japanese woman. Fuck off! Then found a shit Irish bar that had middle aged American men in it. Tried to make conversation and got smoke blown in my face. Feeling tired and jet lagged, I just left back into my room. You know, I love how busy and safe it is walking around at night. Shops are open, people are out and about having a good time. Everywhere was buzzing! The hotel's bar was unusually empty though. So yeah, Will definitely check out Shibuya during one of my nights. Really want at least one night of good music and fun. Thanks for the tip :)

In other news, I explored akihabara today. Fucking loved the electronics market/nerd culture they had going. Managed to complete the new Blazblue with one credit... Never played it before lol! Not usually into buying figure models but I couldn't say no to an amazing tachikoma one I always wanted. Zomg, its so cool!

8bit

Knows the Score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-24142883

Grand Theft Auto role 'could destroy Hawick's reputation'

A Hawick councillor has said he is "absolutely disgusted" at the use of the town's name for a "druggie hipster" district in Grand Theft Auto V.

The name of the Borders town features in the latest edition of the computer game series.

Local councillor David Paterson said he feared it could "destroy the reputation" of Hawick.

He said a lot of people were "very proud" of the town and it did not deserve such "adverse publicity".

Hasney

I've got a friend called Trevor Phillips and there's no story about his outrage.

Probably because he's fine with it, but I should tell him to kick off to the BBC clearly.

Well voting for independence to "fuck the queen" would be a pretty stupid thing to do considering she would continue to be the head of state of an independent Scotland.

Unless it was to literally fuck the queen and one of the conditions of independence was that every Scotsman gets a shot. Then it would be perfectly alright.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I've got a friend called Trevor Phillips and there's no story about his outrage.

Probably because he's fine with it, but I should tell him to kick off to the BBC clearly.

I can relate a little. At a time when I had long hair, they put an artist's impression of Madeline McCann's kidnapper on the front page of nearly every newspaper:

A-previously-issued-artists-rendering-of-a-man-seen-in-the-Praia-da-Luz-area-of-Portugal-around-the-time-that-Madeline-1897815.jpg

I an'half got some funny looks.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-24142883

Grand Theft Auto role 'could destroy Hawick's reputation'

A Hawick councillor has said he is "absolutely disgusted" at the use of the town's name for a "druggie hipster" district in Grand Theft Auto V.

The name of the Borders town features in the latest edition of the computer game series.

Local councillor David Paterson said he feared it could "destroy the reputation" of Hawick.

He said a lot of people were "very proud" of the town and it did not deserve such "adverse publicity".

If he said nothing about it nobody would have noticed. Him and his big mouth are doing the damage.

Kentpaul

The redneck rampage stranger mission is some natural born killers shit, Fuck me THIS GAME.

f0rk

What happened to indie games only

This is easily the most quiet I've ever seen this thread. Guess it's time to find out why: drunk from celebrating a great friends birthday and GTA V has landed. Adios amigos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom