• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I also support devs based 20 miles from my house. Stuck on one of the Trevor missions lol this is solid.

Suairyu

Banned
fuck fuck fuck fuck cocksucking sony you cunts

blue hdd screw stripped

fucking cheap ass piece of cheap shit

my pliers aren't doing shit either

HELP

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
fuck fuck fuck fuck cocksucking sony you cunts

blue hdd screw stripped

fucking cheap ass piece of cheap shit

my pliers aren't doing shit either

HELP

Drill it out, put a new screw in? Not all that hard. Would help but I'm probably miles away.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Don't have a drill.

Would be uneasy about putting one near a PS3 anyway.

Ah. Not having a drill would be kind of a problem.

There's nothing special about putting one into a PS3. I've drilled into much more expensive (and dangerous) things in the past, and I'm still alive and so are the things I drilled into - well, mostly. But it's not something I'd recommend if you haven't done it before. Or if you don't have a drill.

EDIT: Is it the head or the thread that is stripped?

Suairyu

Banned
Ah. Not having a drill would be kind of a problem.

There's nothing special about putting one into a PS3. I've drilled into much more expensive (and dangerous) things in the past, and I'm still alive and so are the things I drilled into - well, mostly. But it's not something I'd recommend if you haven't done it before. Or if you don't have a drill.

EDIT: Is it the head or the thread that is stripped?
Head. The blue screw is an ass.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I regret some of the things I've drilled into but fortunately only interact these days with the best thing I ever drilled into, which still sees action on the regular.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Head. The blue screw is an ass.

You got a hacksaw? Or maybe more to the point, what HAVE you got other than pliers?

@jackben. Look, there's some serious old-tech stuff going on here. You trying to distract us?

@suairyu: gotta pop out for a bit. Back in about a half an hour if you haven't fixed it by then.

Suairyu

Banned
You got a hacksaw?
Hacksaw wouldn't get purchase if I tried. It's in a recess. Here's the thing:

screwedylesn.png

screwed20vfqt.png

In all my years of screwing and unscrewing electronics, I've never, ever encountered a screw like this fucking blue screw. It's like it's made of putty.

Inside stripped when using a precision philips head like I was using a circular sander.

You can see my attempt at using a needle-nosed plier around the outside, it just 'melted' at the touch.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Hacksaw wouldn't get purchase if I tried. It's in a recess. Here's the thing:

In all my years of screwing and unscrewing electronics, I've never, ever encountered a screw like this fucking blue screw. It's like it's made of putty.

Inside stripped when using a precision philips head like I was using a circular sander.

You can see my attempt at using a needle-nosed plier around the outside, it just 'melted' at the touch.

That's just horrible.

Couple of approaches I can think of:

1) superglue something to it - and ensue that the thing you glue to it is something you can get decent leverage on

2) Drill (yeah, I know you don't have a drill, but this is for the benefit of others listening) with a very fine bit down the centre of the screw, should loosen it up enough to turn.

3) Go high-pressure/high torque/low speed. Just bang a whole lot of weight on the thing with the biggest screwdriver you have and turn really slowly. Even slower than that. Often works.

4) Use a hammer and claim on the warranty

Suairyu, that looks like a whole pile of messed up. I have no idea what you should do next, but you have my sympathies re: not playing GTA.

Anyone see Rush (the film, not the band) yet? Quite fancy a cinema trip in the next few days and not really interested in anything else currently out.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
40% through GTA V. Going to try and slow down, I don't want to burn throughout too quick.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Not gonna lie, her moans were weirdly arousing. Wouldn't do that though.

Just going to avoid her in the morning. I'm weirded the fuck out.

Stop her in the hall, look her in the eye and say 'I can make you go louder'.

Do NOT break eye contact.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Record it and then save it to your housemate's number. Brag about your new ringtone in front of him and his girl and have him call the number to listen.

Bonus points if you auto-tune remix it.

afoni

Banned
Gonna play GTA in the living room. I can't sleep after that second time.

Not sure I can look at her the same way either.

Suairyu

Banned
IT WORKED

Was just able to play GTA for an hour straight. The machine was still running loud (I'm just going to assume it's too demanding a game), but its temp is under control.

Awesome.

Jordan

So the past few posts have had me laughing this morning.

Afoni - next time they do the same, walk in, slap the bitch and join in.

Suairyu - Congrats on getting the PS3 working, enjoy GTA - don't forget to sleep.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Easy ice breaker afoni: "Hey I didn't know you were having a party last night, you should have invited me!"

8bit

Knows the Score
If nothing else GTAV is deep in content. I spent about 20 minutes lost in the Los Santos sewers and then found myself outside a cinema so went in to watch a black and white arthouse movie about a free standing ladder in the sand and a dying mule. Finally found Michael and proceeded to play a round of sweary golf.

NinjaBoiX

Morning dudes,

Glad you sorted your PS3 out Su!

Afoni, embrace the young love fella, it's beautiful.

My housemate is forever asking to borrow GTA now, cheapskate won't buy his own copy!

Two days until the weekend, aww yeah. Busy as fuck at work though with me being off next week. I want to just chill, but it ain't happening!

Jordan

So, I'm guessing I'm around ten hours into the story - so if you're not quite this far I would NOT read this spoiler.

The score you do for Trevor where you have the choice for the Sub & Helicopter and the other one I think is just a Sub or Helicopter (can't remember off the top of my head) - If you take the one where it's just one vehicle, what's the end result. I was REALLY disappointed with the result from the one I did and just intrigued to know whether I had gone a different route what would of happened?

I think I will be doing multiple plays (maybe on the PS3 next)

Edit not to do a Jed - My goodness, I'm reading the iOS7 thread this morning and I feel like slamming my head between a door and door frame... It's fucking painful to read. "It's failing to update" "Why's it not updating" "Fuck this shit, apple suck" - My goodness, it's a thread on the new OS not a thread to bitch about the fact that Apple has and always will suck at pushing out upgrades because they get special people like everybody posting in that thread trying to download it all at the same time. It's called OTA because it will tell you when it wants you to download it, it does not mean that you should hammer their servers to try and beat everyone else to it. But on another note, the update is sweet on my iPhone, but fails a little bit on the iPad with some huge noticeable slow downs, but I have faith that Apple will fix this soon. Need to find myself a sexy lady wallpaper where her face isn't covered by the time now.

Gotta get a lot of GTA in tonight when I get home. Got my Mum coming up tomorrow evening so won't be able to play then, getting my hair done Saturday morning then spending the day with Mum before going to see Les Mis in the evening. No idea what time she's leaving Sunday either so don't know how much I'll get to play then.

Monday night will be packing and won't get back till late Wednesday night. So it may very well be a week before I get to play again. I'm going to be so far behind everyone else.....

Morning chums!

I need an Xbox 360 again, due to my spastic hands and the weird Dualshock design I've stripped the skin from one of my fingers and it stings like a bitch. I'm struggling with certain missions, it took me a few times to do the first Trevor mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom