• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
Happy Birthday KP! Hope that Edinburgh burger was divine :D
but bro, Lebowskis or Sleazys for a bitchin burger if you happen to be in Glasgow. Could do with one right about now actually. I -too- follow James vs Burger religiously :p

afoni

Banned
end of that episode was amazing.

there is no better way they could have set up the finale.

fuck.

i cannot wait for next week.

breaking bad is going to end next week.

can we all cry together?

afoni

Banned
all i said was that it was great and now i am saying it was possibly the best episode of the show there has ever been thus far okay

next week, man

gonna shit myself and avoid all social networks monday morning

Happy Birthday KP! Hope that Edinburgh burger was divine :D
but bro, Lebowskis or Sleazys for a bitchin burger if you happen to be in Glasgow. Could do with one right about now actually. I -too- follow James vs Burger religiously :p

Have you tried Burger Meats Bun? Damn good stuff.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
end of that episode was amazing.

there is no better way they could have set up the finale.

fuck.

i cannot wait for next week.

breaking bad is going to end next week.

can we all cry together?

It was fucking amazing wasn't it

I cannot wait till next monday, foaming at the mouth

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That's cool. Slow is kind of the order of the day when it comes to a game like that, so that doesn't really surprise or phase me.

Not surprised FoMT is still the best. I played a lot of the PS1 Harvest Moon game back in the day, and seeing the Gamecube game in magazines, it looked like some next level shit by comparison. My brother got Magic Melody and I thought it looked like a massive backwards step in comparison.
Friends of Mineral town was amazing. Loved that game. The Gamecube one where you can have a kid (A Wonderful Life I think?) was also pretty dope. I haven't really tried the newer ones yet but the screens I've seen turn me off. I really loved the old school 2D sprites the most.
That wasn't really a problem, due to my biggest problem of the game: everything took forever. By the time I had done the daily chores I had more than enough time to fish myself something to eat and something for the dog. Crops were worthless because you could only peddle them on the street and got like, 10g for something if you were lucky. months felt like years in that game and there were no festivals pretty much.
Fruit trees were the way forward, my friend. Honestly though I did cheat the game a bit, once you befriend Ruby she will give you a special spice that you can use to cook a lot of really good food. Also you can duplicate the spice indefinitely by recreating it in your own kitchen, and it sells for a shit load to the merchant dude.

I basically got rich off Ruby's unique spice recipe without cutting her a single cent of the profits and used it all the fund a farm of fruit trees and animals of each type. My kid was never wanting for anything.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Can we seriously spoiler all this GTA jazz, i mean i dont care about seeing people expressing love for it, but I just dont wanna hear about missions and shit, just remember I lift guys

I motherfucking lift

Hasney

Steam OS! Free, hell a gaming rig just got a shit load cheaper to build...

Cannot wait. Going to build myself a minimally powered little box that streams 1080p games from my main rig to my TV. Games like Sonic Racing Transformed just became stupidly PC friendly.

Jordan

Right, I am just reading the thread in Gaming and I just don't understand what people are getting confused about.

It is a Linux distro which will play Linux games which are already on Steam and it will stream games that are on a Windows/Mac... Why are people thinking that they can completely wipe their Windows machines to have this 'awesome' OS... The idea is fucking awesome, my PC is powerful enough, spend £200-£300 on a cheap HTPC build and use a 32GB Compact Flash Card and stream games in the living room - or am I getting myself confused and that's not how it's going to work?

Edit: I quit reading that thread, it's filled with idiots.

jimbor

Banned
I think I posted last week about having a spare Chvrches ticket but I thought it was for last week. Turns out it's for this Wednesday in Dalston, if anyone fancies it? £15 and you get my company for the evening, a better deal there's never likely to be.

SteveWD40

Right, I am just reading the thread in Gaming and I just don't understand what people are getting confused about.

It is a Linux distro which will play Linux games which are already on Steam and it will stream games that are on a Windows/Mac... Why are people thinking that they can completely wipe their Windows machines to have this 'awesome' OS... The idea is fucking awesome, my PC is powerful enough, spend £200-£300 on a cheap HTPC build and use a 32GB Compact Flash Card and stream games in the living room - or am I getting myself confused and that's not how it's going to work?

Edit: I quit reading that thread, it's filled with idiots.

For now, but if devs start making SteamOS native versions, which they will be pushing for and may give better drivers / performance...

So it's a long haul, but a good start.

NinjaBoiX

I think I posted last week about having a spare Chvrches ticket but I thought it was for last week. Turns out it's for this Wednesday in Dalston, if anyone fancies it? £15 and you get my company for the evening, a better deal there's never likely to be.
I'd be in there like swimwear mate, but I'll be in Manchester Wednesday night seeing ma broski.

Jordan

If they pull it off then fair play on them - it'll be a great thing for people who want a good gaming system in the front room be it streamed or stand-alone. Unfortunately, only having the one PC I will be trialing it within a virtual machine when they release it - I don't have access to the hundreds of PCs I used to have access to any more unfortunately.

Hope it's a good advancement for PC gaming.

Jordan

It's only competition in the gaming world and you've got to remember that the normal consumer isn't going to have a fucking clue about the OS, so unless a major computer company be it a manufacturer (dell) or a reseller (pcworld) start shipping out decent PCs with the OS then it will never hit the average user.

You could always just partition it to run alongside your Windows then switch back and forth at your leisure, that's what I intend to do with Linux once I swap back to 8.1 in October.

If I showed you my partition table you would be horrified. AND... I don't turn my PC off at the best of times, so switching just seems nightmareish. I'm running Windows 8 and 7, but haven't used 7 in about 4 months now.

Jordan

I don't know if I agree with that; this isn't some provincial company of one with a heady idea trying to get you to pay his wages through Kickstarter, or a set of scam artists tricking investors into buying them all new ferraris like The Phantom.

This is the industry leader in the field drawing a line in the sand - they'll have the Steambox wrapped up with a pretty pink bow on it like a console and they can work with the OEMs you mention to have SteamOS ship on some models (they even mention that on the announcement splash).

It's not a great analogy but if they actually put their weight behind this and their money where their mouth is; this development is more akin to when Sony and Microsoft entered the game console market than your characterisation.

Sort it out then! Both W8 and Ubuntu boot like lightning so I'll hear NO MORE EXCUSES!

I understand where you're coming from, but that's why I said they'll need to pair up with resellers. The average computer user who wants to play games doesn't want to arse around building a computer, or shop around for a good deal. They are sad saps who walk into PC World, pay far too much for an underpowered PC and then regret it... rinse and repeat. Parents are unlikely to buy these for their kids because they can't play Minecraft on them because it's not part of steam, they won't be able to play shitty flash games and waste time.
One last picky point against Steam, they can't even get the web browser correct on the client at the moment... How is it going to cope on it's own OS?

I don't have an SSD, I'm too poor. I also have 3 partitions of 500GB+ that are filled with data and no room to shuffle them around to tidy partitions up so it just requires too much effort. My last HDD is currently resting on the bottom of the case, no caddy, not even being held into place - I put it in there to tidy up the partitions and then it got filled.

I am feeling unwell so I am a moody cunt and feeling very cynical. If anything I say is wrong or offensive, do not take it to heart.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Jordan you are a smart guy and I respect your opinion on technical matters HOWEVER...

Actually there is no "however", you didn't say anything outrageous at all. Cheer up, son.

Jordan

do you need a hug jordan

Honestly, a cuddle would be perfect right now. I didn't sleep well last night, I didn't sleep well the night before either and I had a busy arse day yesterday.

Jordan you are a smart guy and I respect your opinion on technical matters HOWEVER...

Actually there is no "however", you didn't say anything outrageous at all. Cheer up, son.

I'm alright, it's just a case of the man flu and it's getting me a bit down. I function on very little sleep but the longer it goes on for the less social I get - I seem to lose all manners, become very cynical and just love ranting.

Symphonia

Banned
Jordan, I just took everything you said to heart, you miserable cunt.

I don't take anything on the internet to heart. And, anyway, I don't know anything about SteamOS nor do I intend on reading up on about it. I'm not a PC gamer, at all, bar Minecraft with my little girl.

Jordan

Jordan, I just took everything you said to heart, you miserable cunt.

I don't take anything on the internet to heart. And, anyway, I don't know anything about SteamOS nor do I intend on reading up on about it. I'm not a PC gamer, at all, bar Minecraft with my little girl.

You called?

Thanks Musha :) I'll try not to infect you.

The group I go out with, two of them have just gotten back from Benidorm, they got loads of people presents and I was sat there thinking that I don't go out with them enough for them to have remembered me - I got this:
Sort of NSFW - http://i.imgur.com/XDmaQMx.jpg?1
I was shocked because they didn't get people who go out with them more than I do, that put a smile on my face last night :)

See, I was wondering what GTA could possibly do to make violent rampages seem fun and novel again, and they went and found that one thing.

Bicycles.

8bit

Knows the Score
I do enjoy Tennis in GTAV but some guy has played 16351 tennis matches not just 1 game matches but full matches.

I couldn't even finish one match, does it help build stamina or anything useful? I'm enjoying Golf though, and looking forward to multiplayer on that if it exists.

Jordan

Justin Timberlakes album now available to stream.

Twitter said:
Nz96OcD.jpg

Http://smarturl.it/2of2stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom