• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
How on earth are you guys memorising the map in GTA V? Everything is too big and spread out to commit to my memory. Speaking strictly about the city here.

I'm starting to get it. Well a bit anyway. I sometimes recognise certain streets and know where they are in relation to other landmarks but I'd be surprised if I ever know the map as well as I did in 3 or Vice City.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I expect we will all be playing gta 5 for years as no other dev has the skill to make a better game. The map is just to awesome to move on to another game too, So much to see and do. That said, We have to accept we will learn the map like the back of our hand.

1268971_479522038822601_1102873812_o.jpg

Some one make me the breaking bad burger for the finale.

I expect we will all be playing gta 5 for years as no other dev has the skill to make a better game. The map is just to awesome to move on to another game too, So much to see and do. That said, We have to accept we will learn the map like the back of our hand.

1268971_479522038822601_1102873812_o.jpg

Some one make me the breaking bad burger for the finale.

Good god that looks amazeballs.

Kentpaul

Good god that looks amazeballs.

Tell me about it man, Squashing that bad boy down before using your teeth to bite into it is making me hungry even thinking about it! Gotta buy in some mince later in the week to make some burgers.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
lol tash that is some extreme shit bra
I know, but I think it's the best solution, I can't spend ANY money for the next few months so this won't give me the excuse to be a lazy cunt, snack, drink and therefore smoke..

I'm tired of being a jack of all trades but master of none, I want to be fit, well read, informed on current events and better with my music, I still want to go to uni and I can't unless I know what I want to do in that.. I feel like if I don't do this, this whole time will be wasted by doing fuck all but watching TV and drinking beer I can't afford

Kentpaul

I know, but I think it's the best solution, I can't spend ANY money for the next few months so this won't give me the excuse to be a lazy cunt, snack, drink and therefore smoke..

I'm tired of being a jack of all trades but master of none, I want to be fit, well read, informed on current events and better with my music, I still want to go to uni and I can't unless I know what I want to do in that.. I feel like if I don't do this, this whole time will be wasted by doing fuck all but watching TV and drinking beer I can't afford

Bang chicks for joy and browse gaf OT to keep up to date with current events, High five anyway bro life improvement is the way forward, I have my own little thing on the go now too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCYcHz2k5x0

Best electro drop of all time right there

Man why did I not join uni socities/sports clubs 2 years ago, I'm having so much fun

Also I was talking to this extremely attractive girl earlier, my kind of girl down to a t, but my god, she was so fucking boring. And her accent was disgusting. I was so disappointed.

Finally on the way home. Me and Mike got to have a solid 10 minute natter with Matt Lees, which was awesome. He's a cool dude.

Really awesome show... even if the queues were horrendous. So bummed out about Mario Kart too!

AcridMeat

Banned
Man why did I not join uni socities/sports clubs 2 years ago, I'm having so much fun

Also I was talking to this extremely attractive girl earlier, my kind of girl down to a t, but my god, she was so fucking boring. And her accent was disgusting. I was so disappointed.
Time to get a new kind of a girl.

I miss y'all. Kentpaul reminded me how great the gits and bits are.

As far as being well-read, GAF's monthly "What are you reading?" are great. The links in the OP will keep you busy for years. Here is the current thread..

Join a library. In Ireland it's €10-per-year for students, I can't imagine it's much more in the UK. If you're interested in the classics, buy a Kindle (the cheapest model) or download the Kindle app to your phone, most pre-1920s stuff is free. There's also Project Gutenburg for another way to get free classics.

Regarding uni, could you not do a course at a smaller college? I did a year of Multimedia at a College of Further Education (it's like community college, not sure what the UK equivalent is) before I started this course and it's been a massive help. You're still young Tash, you can afford a year. You're already more sensible than I was at your age, I wish I hadn't jumped into college straight after school without thinking about what I wanted to do. Still, spilled milk and all that.

Kentpaul

KFC for breakfast and a takeaway pizza for supper, Yep I'm reverting back to my old self! It's amazing what can be accomplished when your not spending your ever last penny on weed. The phonecall to order the pizza went perfect. If i were baked that shit would be the most intense shit possible.

Happy days guys, Everyone have a great night!

afoni

Banned
I only caught the guy near the end of the day, so I said hello, took a photo with him and thanked him for the photo and said goodbye.

Wish I'd hung around with Coldman and Mike earlier today.

Symphonia

Banned
Yeah, looking through that album with photos of the meet, I'm not going. I just wouldn't feel comfortable. Call me a pussy or whatever, but yeah, I can't physically go :(

Rubbish King

Yeah, looking through that album with photos of the meet, I'm not going. I just wouldn't feel comfortable. Call me a pussy or whatever, but yeah, I can't physically go :(
tumblr_m1obeq9zTn1rn95k2o1_400.jpg

As far as being well-read, GAF's monthly "What are you reading?" are great. The links in the OP will keep you busy for years. Here is the current thread..

Join a library. In Ireland it's €10-per-year for students, I can't imagine it's much more in the UK. If you're interested in the classics, buy a Kindle (the cheapest model) or download the Kindle app to your phone, most pre-1920s stuff is free. There's also Project Gutenburg for another way to get free classics.

Regarding uni, could you not do a course at a smaller college? I did a year of Multimedia at a College of Further Education (it's like community college, not sure what the UK equivalent is) before I started this course and it's been a massive help. You're still young Tash, you can afford a year. You're already more sensible than I was at your age, I wish I hadn't jumped into college straight after school without thinking about what I wanted to do. Still, spilled milk and all that.
Thanks for this man, really appreciate the advice, it's free to use libraries here, although I lost my card I got when I first signed up, will have a look in that thread.

In regards to Uni, I know what I want to do roughly however I don't want to go in unsure of where I want to go "musically" it's a fucking waste if I go in not knowing half the shit I should've (I could barely read music, and to be honest, I'm still pretty shit at it) when you're paying 9 grand a year to do this shit, it's so stupid to make sure I'm sorted on all the shit I should know. It's what happened at college, I wasted two years learning shit that I should've already knew, meaning I made no use of the resources I had...

Jordan

Because fucking look at everyone. I don't think I'm butt ugly by any means but I never had me down as attractive either, and those photos...I'll feel well out of place.

Nobody judges anybody. It's not a hookup meet, we're there for a laugh and a night out with good people. I felt fucking shit scared going to the first meet due to nerves and being extremely shy, that was my third meet this year?

There's no need to feel out of place with anyone there, we are all completely different as people, but we all get along...

Darren870

Meet up was a good time. I felt like crap but I'm glad I got to go for a bit as it will be my last one. Kicked some ass on the fighters and was drunk, as always.

Wish I came to boarder line, but I felt like crap all day today even for not being out late.

Hopefully I'll be back one day and can attend another one. For now, it has been a lot of fun.

Rubbish King

Meet up was a good time. I felt like crap but I'm glad I got to go for a bit as it will be my last one. Kicked some ass on the fighters and was drunk, as always.

Wish I came to boarder line, but I felt like crap all day today even for not being out late.

Hopefully I'll be back one day and can attend another one. For now, it has been a lot of fun.

Ahh man where you going!?

green scar I think I've seen that shirt in topman

Yes, also the bag I had on me was from there. Sue me, I got vouchers for Christmas.

Really I should have worn my Japandroids shirt on the meet-up, come to think of it, score some cheap indie kid cred in Borderline

Hi guys gonna try posting here again.

At least for tonight, during which I'll be going more insane trying to understand learn both ASP.NET MVC and TDD and using them both together to send to a company tomorrow as part of a job application. Yaaaay.

BGBW, have you seen the anime Watamote? Because I've watched the first couple of episodes, and that shit is intense. I genuinely don't think I can go on. I feel so bad for finding it funny.

afoni

Banned
Yes, also the bag I had on me was from there. Sue me, I got vouchers for Christmas.

Really I should have worn my Japandroids shirt on the meet-up, come to think of it, score some cheap indie kid cred in Borderline

Wear it to the next one.

You better be coming, laddie. BritGAF needs more Coldman.

Symphonia

Banned
Still, no, I don't think I can do it. Plus my current state of mind - its not the best, as you can tell, and I'd only bring everyone down with me. Alcohol would only make it worse.

It is a test from God that the final episode of Breaking Bad airs 2AM UK time, the night before first proper lectures for freshers. Though no way I am risking it being spoiled, and my class is at 12pm (can leave at 11.55, live right beside the business school) so it shouldn't be too bad.

Also, any chance of a northern BritGaf meet up? Or would there be not enough people haha.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Darren is not representative of most of BritGAF. His chiseled features and ability to almost do one armed pullups separate him from the rest of us.

Seriously dude, we're a very normal lot. A normal distribution of a couple of lookers, mostly average folks and then one or two below (it's cool, we love them too). And it's all cool, who gives a fuck. What matters is personality and the ability to ave a larf. It's not a fashion show, and there isn't some kind of attractive-ness hierarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom