• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Good post Tash, with added feels for helping our boy grow up!

I always post a lot in the threads I frequent. I'd say I try not to spam; there is a difference between posting a lot and just shitting up the place. I'd like to think I generally have something constructive/relevant to say.

And when the talk turns to music, I just can't help myself. So sue me!

(I have no excuse for the last OT, I joined halfway through and was still the top poster. I think it was the excitement of being the new guy, and being such a magnetic personality and all around swell guy. I have tried to chill with the posts since then, but I'm just enthusiastic damn it!)

Chinner, you too duckface. It's about time you made a meet! I'm also looking at you Kent. Northern meet buddy boy, stay at mine, short travel time, what else do you need?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
i've already met jackben. whats the matter clique? can't handle me being a trend setter?

We went to sixth form together for a time. He was always fowling around in class.
I'd love to get Jackben to a meet.

Any chance on travelling over here at any point in the future Jackben? We'll do a special meet up just for you :)
This sounds like a trap.

I want to someday I still have two or three friends I'd like to visit. All about the money really, as I've run a budget on a trip before and living expense isn't too bad it's just depending on the time of year the actual plane tickets are really costly. Remains a pipe dream for now.

jimbor

Banned
Damn Jordan. That is almost festival ticket pricing there. Still, if you're a big JT fan then at least it's money well spend if you want to see him perform your favourite tracks :) If my sister is going to the one in Glasgow then I'll tag along. She's already seen him twice I believe so I'm not sure.

Current gigs coming up:-

Alice in Chains in November
Maybe think about going to see Jaguar Skills again in November.
Less Than Jake & Reel Big Fish in Feb 2014.

Friends are wanting me to tag along with them to see Gogol Bordello, Volbeat and Bowling For Soup.

Gogol Bordello = Yes!
Volbeat = Maybe (missed them at Download)
Bowling For Soup = eeeeeh I don't think so. Maybe tag along if I'm extremely bored that day and someone's flogging a ticket in the queues.

Gogol Bordello was one of my funnest gigs ever. How big is the venue? Go mane.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.

SKINNER!

Banned
Gogol Bordello was one of my funnest gigs ever. How big is the venue? Go mane.

O2 Academy which is bigger than the King Tuts but considerably smaller than the SECC. Already saw them back in 2010 and I'm gutted that I skipped them at Download. Definitely going to check them out man :p

jimbor

Banned
O2 Academy which is bigger than the King Tuts but considerably smaller than the SECC. Already saw them back in 2010 and I'm gutted that I skipped them at Download. Definitely going to check them out man :p

They were amazing when I saw them at the Electric Ballroom, which has a capacity of 1100 so not too bug.

In other news, why am I only hearing about Ruby Tandoh now? This tumblr sold me on her beauty: http://themanyfacesofrubytandoh.tumblr.com/

This story sold me on her personality: http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/gossip/the-...tter-feud-deletes-recipes-blog-095806308.html

I'm obviously going to have to start watching GBBO again.

They were amazing when I saw them at the Electric Ballroom, which has a capacity of 1100 so not too bug.

In other news, why am I only hearing about Ruby Tandoh now? This tumblr sold me on her beauty: http://themanyfacesofrubytandoh.tumblr.com/

This story sold me on her personality: http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/gossip/the-...tter-feud-deletes-recipes-blog-095806308.html

I'm obviously going to have to start watching GBBO again.

I mentioned her a while back. I have a massive girl crush on her.

jimbor

Banned
I mentioned her a while back. I have a massive girl crush on her.

tumblr_mtr5iyt5N81si0x8po1_400.gif

I mostly dip in and out so must have missed it. Congrats on the good taste.

Best one from GBBO was Cathryn last year. I could do an impression of the eyebrows face she did when constantly concerned by something.

An odd impression, the face of someone particularly in regards to frowning and eyebrows, but there we go. A TALENT

Hystzen

Already saw them back in 2010 and I'm gutted that I skipped them at Download. Definitely going to check them out man :p

They where kind of crazy not heard much about them before I watched them. Was also first band I watched whole weekend actually lol just sat thinking WTF is this and why is it awesome. Then when on to be bored by Slipknot due to the terrible set list

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Jon Snow said the benefit cut proposals could sound like something that was drawn up on the back of a Fag packet on the news.

Legend.

NinjaBoiX

I have never seen so much wrong in one post until now.
I dunno dude, he's spot on about the self-deprecating schtick. Paul and Mary have pulled her up on it a few times.

I mean, I don't think she's awful, quite the opposite, but his post was mainly bang on the money.

I'm watching Hansel & Gretel with that Ratface Renner dude. It's actually petty entertaining in a mindless kind of way. Gemma Arterton with a leather corset and crossbow is always going to be appealing, and Peter Stormare is a surprise bonus!

popcorn.gif

Jordan

Jimmy Carr's presale tickets go on sale today, 10am. I'm so on that! Taking the old man to go and see him, should be great.

SteveWD40

Sup Britgaf, just back from Lake Garda last night, miss much?

Day off today so order of business is: buy some fucking food, breaking bad finale, catch up on gaming news (that Valve controller looks the tits) and then prehaps I will unpack...

Morning all.

Welcome back Steve. So you wouldn't want me spoiling to BB finale by telling you Walt gets abducted by Aliens then? Whoops!

One more day, then half day tomorrow before heading off to Dymchurch for the weekend, yay.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Day off today so order of business is: buy some fucking food, breaking bad finale, catch up on gaming news (that Valve controller looks the tits) and then prehaps I will unpack...

oh quick watch BB before some cunt spoils it for you. All I will say is that it was gud.

NinjaBoiX

Welcome back Steve, good to see you fella. Thread has been light on gifs recently!

Morning feelers,

Short week felt short, nearly the weekend already! Getting a load of GTA played most likely and it will also be gym time, it's about time I got some semblance of muscle mass back. Being able to run for more than 5 minutes without wheezing would be pretty cool too!

Morning! We had rain yesterday so I naturally put on Facebook that it wasn't a dry hump day, not a lot of people got it.
tumblr_leqdg3Ru6j1qaihbf.gif

Mikeside

Day 2 of doing fuck all in Plymouth.

I'm giving it until 11 before I abandon ship - I have so much to do in Salisbury today, this isn't helping matters.

also couldn't play GTA online in the hotel last night, but I think I'm getting close to finishing the single player.

am I close if I just
visited my grave?

SKINNER!

Banned
I'm only detested...

I don't have to like them back, right?

o_O
I'm on to you boyo.

Morning all. Weekend's coming up and I always have the conundrum of deciding whether to stay in the mancave all weekend playing video games and watching movies or head outside and do something productive during the afternoon/evenings. Usually my laziness will encourage me to stay in but by around 7/8pm I'll be all like "You could be out there instead of here on your own you idiot!" aaargh.

Also, I'm tempted to join a local baseball team for some reason. The Japanese made it look like so much fun! Also, fuck do I miss that country. Sorry for hammering on about it but I can't get over it. There was so much things I still had to do and see. Unfinished business! Plus, I was slowly picking up phrases and customs. Now, it's all gone :( Post-holiday depression y'all.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Day 2 of doing fuck all in Plymouth.

I'm giving it until 11 before I abandon ship - I have so much to do in Salisbury today, this isn't helping matters.

also couldn't play GTA online in the hotel last night, but I think I'm getting close to finishing the single player.

am I close if I just
visited my grave?

maybe 3/4.

You can see how many missions you've done in the checklist ingame though. Still a fair bit to go, some great missions too.

8bit

Knows the Score

Where were you? We've been to Bardolino a few times, which was a great place. Also, Pesciari (sp?) which wasn't quite as nice and slightly more touristy.

SteveWD40

Where were you? We've been to Bardolino a few times, which was a great place. Also, Pesciari (sp?) which wasn't quite as nice and slightly more touristy.

Pescheria, which as you say is a bit touristy. Spent a couple of days in Sirmione, which is amazing (far, far nicer, 13th century castle town) and only 12 minutes away on the bus. Went to Verona (meh, too many Americans / Germans) and Lezise on the boat, which was nice. Swam in the lake (freezing but fun) and ate all the pizza / gellato I could find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom