• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

afoni

Banned
Well the guys were giving better answers than the girls, but getting shot down because they're not girls so they wouldn't know.

Pathetic.

That sounds like a thread I'm better off avoiding. To be honest though, I only really visit OT when something utterly stupid and/or funny happens. I'm not a big fan of how that board usually operates.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
classy gal, lambrini in a vase and 5 minutes of inaudible rapping

I think Shorty would enjoy this

I ain't even jesting, Watching that video put me in the mood for a booze, Can't wait till tomorrow night. The choice to only drink once a week will be a great choice.

Today i learned if you make the effort to banter and talk with your barber he takes longer doing your hair and does a better job, Got a minted wave going down the sides now.

Feeling fly gaf

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
tumblr_mu3dwuXEi71skoxj7o1_500.jpg

I'm guessing I missed lunch for you guys so I wanna see your dinners tonight guys ^_^ I like this eating healthy, but I hope I can keep this up!
I ain't even jesting, Watching that video put me in the mood for a booze, Can't wait till tomorrow night. The choice to only drink once a week will be a great choice.

Today i learned if you make the effort to banter and talk with your barber he takes longer doing your hair and does a better job, Got a minted wave going down the sides now.

Feeling fly gaf
I think that's pretty good KP, that's what I'm trying to do, maybe even not drink at all
lol, Tash pls. There's only one classy rapper gal in my life
159.gif

Kentpaul

tumblr_mu3dwuXEi71skoxj7o1_500.jpg

I'm guessing I missed lunch for you guys so I wanna see your dinners tonight guys ^_^ I like this eating healthy, but I hope I can keep this up!

I think that's pretty good KP, that's what I'm trying to do, maybe even not drink at all

159.gif

Drinking ain't about the feeling for me its all about the awesome drunken adventures that happen. Giving up drinking 100% would be pointless mate. Yo shorty, I'l be hitting the Gogol Bordello gig, I may even base my life on the mangod he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYE8Vjih2cs

That sounds like a thread I'm better off avoiding. To be honest though, I only really visit OT when something utterly stupid and/or funny happens. I'm not a big fan of how that board usually operates.

The way I see OT it is a bunch of guys (and girls) sitting around, making small talk about things like books and films, maybe current affairs until somebody kicks down the door and slams down a stack of newspapers with a headline that involves, race, sexism, religion or something else controversial. "Are you OUTRAGED yet?" shouts the OP.

The thread is then flooded as users trip over each other to express their indignation. Then all hell breaks loose when someone expresses a view that is sympathetic to the antagonist of the piece. At this point, the thread turns into an arena of death whereby the disagreeing parties must fight to be the one that posts the most compelling, intelligent and critically coherent argument.

Tens of pages and dozens of "smh" posts later, nothing is resolved.

The way I see OT it is a bunch of guys (and girls) sitting around, making small talk about things like books and films, maybe current affairs until somebody kicks down the door and slams down a stack of newspapers with a headline that involves, race, sexism, religion or something else controversial. "Are you OUTRAGED yet?" shouts the OP.

The thread is then flooded as users trip over each other to express their indignation. Then all hell breaks loose when someone expresses a view that is sympathetic to the antagonist of the piece. At this point, the thread turns into an arena of death whereby the disagreeing parties must fight to be the one that posts the most compelling, intelligent and critically coherent argument.

That has to be one of the best descriptions of OT I've ever seen. Bravo.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

That was amazing

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member

Someone makes a joke and then people line up and quote it over and over again throughout the thread saying how awful it is, how it distracts from the thread and that the user should be banned.

SKINNER!

Banned
A deer dance. Invitation to peace.
War staring you in the face...dressed in black.
With a helmet, fierce.
Trained and appropriate for the malcontents
For the disproportioned malcontents.
The little boy smiled, it'll all be well
I say, the little boy smiled, it'll all be well

A deer dance. Invitation to peace.
War staring you in the face...dressed in black.
With a helmet, fierce.
Trained and appropriate for the malcontents
For the disproportioned malcontents.
The little boy smiled, it'll all be well
I say, the little boy smiled, it'll all be well

Pushing little children
With their fully automatics
They like to push the weak around

:D

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
People are hyping up cinema season this month but everything coming out looks like shit to me.

Anyone know of any films on the horizon that look remotely good?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I hate Sandra Bollocks though...

I guess I will give it a try if only because of Children of Men.

NinjaBoiX

Fair play dapper, that was poetry my man! You have quite the way with words. If NeoGAF is ever released in a boxed copy, that should by the blurb on the back of the case.

Glad to get that shift out of the way, I was getting both barrels all fucking day! You can tell the purse strings are getting tighter, so much inter-department cat fighting. It's actually quite amusing, but I'm kind of ready for pastures new. I'm riding the gravy train, but the destination is Staleville. Manchester is getting more and more tempting for me!

On other news, my Tarantino BD collection is complete:

fjB9cUS.jpg

I still want The Whole Bloody Affair though!

And yes, Gravity looks rather splendid. Such a cool idea.

Chinner

Banned
demolition man is pure 80s. if you love that kind of thing then its great, but if you don't then ii'm not sure.

anyway, i urge you guys to watch last action hero. that film is really self aware of the 80s action hero trope and explores and mocks it brilliantly. shame it flopped, it was before its time, i think.

demolition man is pure 80s. if you love that kind of thing then its great, but if you don't then ii'm not sure.

anyway, i urge you guys to watch last action hero. that film is really self aware of the 80s action hero trope and explores and mocks it brilliantly. shame it flopped, it was before its time, i think.

I'm with you on this, last action hero is an awesome film, I didn't realise it flopped, I always thought it was quite popular?

Chinner

Banned
yeah its got a following now, but critically it was shunned, i think, and it didn't perform at the box office as jurassic park came out a before. it had no chance.

Chinner

Banned
Demolition Man is actually based on SmokeyDave's life. He escaped the womb of his mother hundreds of years ago back in the 1700s were he led a life of a gentleman with extensive knowledge of cutlery. However one day he took too much opium and fell into a cold pond in the lake district thus being cryogenically frozen . He was there for many a year, staring blankly into a chippy until one fateful day in the early 1980s he was freed when a tourist discarded a cigarette into the lakes. It fell to the bottom of his watery tomb, were it burned its way through the ice into his mouth, thus freeing him and granting him the ability to smoke underwater.

I'm with you on this, last action hero is an awesome film, I didn't realise it flopped, I always thought it was quite popular?

Eeeh, I tried watching Last Action Hero but I just wanted to kick the kid's head, unfortunately.

On a separate note, I am now employed :D

Gravity pffffff it all about Machete Kills this month

It sounds like its a bit poop:

Machete Kills, a disappointing sequel to the enjoyably trashy 2010 grindhouse homage. Without the original’s clever set pieces and humorously excessive violence, director Robert Rodriguez’s follow-up actioner is a surprisingly dull affair straining to harness the pulp appeal that made Machete a disreputable treat.

http://www.screendaily.com/reviews/...14.article?blocktitle=REVIEWS&contentID=40296

SKINNER!

Banned
Musha_Soturi said:
Pushing little children
With their fully automatics
They like to push the weak around

:D

*High Five*

Yeah, it has been a Toxicity day. Love that album.

It sounds like its a bit poop:

Machete Kills, a disappointing sequel to the enjoyably trashy 2010 grindhouse homage. Without the original’s clever set pieces and humorously excessive violence, director Robert Rodriguez’s follow-up actioner is a surprisingly dull affair straining to harness the pulp appeal that made Machete a disreputable treat.

http://www.screendaily.com/reviews/...14.article?blocktitle=REVIEWS&contentID=40296

iOme9gXICjlBn.gif

I refuse to believe. Fuck the critics. Please be at least enjoyable...please?

SteveWD40

BB Finale...

when Jesse slightly nodded, I welled up

I now want a spin off for the "two best hitmen west of the Missisipi".

Jordan

Fuck me sideways on all of the whiny little cunts on Rockstars support forum. They announced there would be issues on the release and yet they still cry about it?

Kentpaul

Fuck me sideways on all of the whiny little cunts on Rockstars support forum. They announced there would be issues on the release and yet they still cry about it?

So what ? They shouldn't have released a game that doesn't work. It's a disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom