• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ. I should never have entered that thread.

Yeah it's a bit of a killing field in that one.

I was thinking about wading in but realised I would probably just end up annoyed as people endlessly re-quoted in bold the things I had said that had offended them so much their ovaries exploded.

Jordan

In no way shape or form is it a disgrace. Sorry, does anyone remember Diablo? A multi-million player MMORPG owning company failed so miserably with the expectations of the amount of people who wanted the game. Sim City 5, a hugely anticipated game and yet such failure.

But... There is no way that anyone can guess or even estimate how much threshold is needed to be able to run it so smoothly... shit even GAF goes down, which has a userbase of 9000 online at 7AM in the morning UK time, when the majority of working US is sleeping...

Nobody can guess anything when it comes to server loads.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
In no way shape or form is it a disgrace. Sorry, does anyone remember Diablo? A multi-million player MMORPG owning company failed so miserably with the expectations of the amount of people who wanted the game. Sim City 5, a hugely anticipated game and yet such failure.

But... There is no way that anyone can guess or even estimate how much threshold is needed to be able to run it so smoothly... shit even GAF goes down, which has a userbase of 9000 online at 7AM in the morning UK time, when the majority of working US is sleeping...

1 billion in profits, 2 weeks to work out the numbers. I'm so upset, all my mates are playing fine and i can't connect. I have turned my xbox off to escape the torture. I'm glad i have this thread to vent in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb5VOQexMBU&list=FLpZ6zSJJ5oImW3lKfKrjSrg

Tomorrows going to be good

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ. I should never have entered that thread.

'I will ignore everything you said in your post and assume the worst about you and what you were saying and do everything short of call you a prick' - the thread.

NinjaBoiX

what is that mr scruff track the theme tune to?
I think it's from an advert. Mr Scruff must make a mint in royalties, his stuff is used all over the place. You could make a little "name that ad/show/movie" game out of listening to his records.

Ninja Tune stuff in general is so ubiquitous. It's all quite homogenized, it's one of those labels that really knows what appeals to their market. If it vibes with you, you can get lost digging through their catalogue. Many a misspent hour stoned with the lads downloading mp3's, bouncing about a messy sitting room covered in cans and fag ash! Good times.
'I will ignore everything you said in your post and assume the worst about you and what you were saying and do everything short of call you a prick' - the thread.
Pretty much! Musha started with the caveat of being based on her own experiences, but then every reply was complaining that it was anecdotal.

Wut?

Edit: also, congrats on the job Hornets! I did notice the post, it slipped my mind.

Reknoc

Well Diablo and Sim City are worse because they never should have been online only in the first place.

R* did themselves no favours though by delaying GTA: Online by 2 weeks. The wait already likely rubbed people the wrong way.

Still even when the servers are fixed, I doubt the garbage character creator will be any better

I think it's from an advert. Mr Scruff must make a mint in royalties, his stuff is used all over the place. You could make a little "name that ad/show/movie" game out of listening to his records.

Ninja Tune stuff in general is so ubiquitous. It's all quite homogenized, it's one of those labels that really knows what appeals to their market. If it vibes with you, you can get lost digging through their catalogue. Many a misspent hour stoned with the lads downloading mp3's, bouncing about a messy sitting room covered in cans and fag ash! Good times.

Pretty much! Musha started with the caveat of being based on her own experiences, but then every reply was complaining that it was anecdotal.

Wut?

You can't win in a thread like that because people go in there looking to be offended, and they're not satisfied unless they can interpret your posts in the most offensive way et cetera

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Mr. Scruff is the best. Ninja Tuna is my favorite of his but there are tons of gems in his discography.

Music Takes Me Up
"When the drums come crawling
The baseline pulls you in
Sounds of regal splendour
Fit for a king and queen
Secrets of the universe
The mysteries of life
And the things that don't make sense
All come clear
'Cause music takes me up
"

Get A Move On

Kalimba

Hairy Bumpercress

Mikeside

The way I see OT it is a bunch of guys (and girls) sitting around, making small talk about things like books and films, maybe current affairs until somebody kicks down the door and slams down a stack of newspapers with a headline that involves, race, sexism, religion or something else controversial. "Are you OUTRAGED yet?" shouts the OP.

The thread is then flooded as users trip over each other to express their indignation. Then all hell breaks loose when someone expresses a view that is sympathetic to the antagonist of the piece. At this point, the thread turns into an arena of death whereby the disagreeing parties must fight to be the one that posts the most compelling, intelligent and critically coherent argument.

Tens of pages and dozens of "smh" posts later, nothing is resolved.

I just wanted to quote this as it's so brilliant.

I refuse to believe. Fuck the critics. Please be at least enjoyable...please?

It's an enjoyable flick to anyone without a stick up their butt, so you should be fine.

Also, Spookie - yes, I'll be there sunshine

Well Diablo and Sim City are worse because they never should have been online only in the first place.

R* did themselves no favours though by delaying GTA: Online by 2 weeks. The wait already likely rubbed people the wrong way.

Still even when the servers are fixed, I doubt the garbage character creator will be any better

I made a guy that looks suprisingly like me/Ewen Bremner

But I can't currently play since it never finds players for that race.

Oh well.

Suairyu

Banned
Dat feel when you finish your hour long commute home, drenched by rain and miserable, only to realise you left your house keys at work...

SKINNER!

Banned
Wooo! Thursday night y'all. You know what that means?

Friday's just round the corner

ETvNVTS.gif

Conan-san

So, yeah, after Clegg pretty much sucked Cameron off, gargling about how workfare was awesome and U-25's don't deserve to breath air, I'm without a political party.

Is Monster Raving Loony still a thing? Can I vote for them in East Dunbartonshire?

NinjaBoiX

Kent, I'm not going to lie, I love this record:

Porter Robinson - Language

The vocals are a bit cheesy, but luckily they only make a brief appearance. It's starts fairly mundane, but the way the drop starts to wind up at 1:00 with the pitch bend and rising snare, then the beat drops back in with that lush filtered synth melody, gets me every time!

It sounds like a proper old school trance record, like when I used to religiously buy Trance Nation every year, each in a distinctly fluorescent colour. Trance Nation 2 was the best, the lime green one.

Serious nostalgia buzz going on!

SKINNER!

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el-1fJOFC70

Defo lad, Can't wait till a belter of a tune comes on in the club and i dance on my way to the dancefloor, I have missed this shit with my horrible weed addiction.

awww yeah man! I might head out tomorrow night myself. Haven't got over my post-holiday blues :p

So, yeah, after Clegg pretty much sucked Cameron off, gargling about how workfare was awesome and U-25's don't deserve to breath air, I'm without a political party.

There's too many men.
Too many people
Making too many problems.

lol Lib Dems. You one of those uni student sheep who voted for them back in 2010 because you thought Cleggy would change things?

Kent, I'm not going to lie, I love this record:

Porter Robinson - Language

So good. Brings back memories of Forza Horizon, what a game.

The console version of Diablo III is what the PC version should have been from the start. It had offline play and more importantly, no RMAH. I know it's gone from the PC version soon but it should never have existed.

Nothing much planned for the weekend. Have to take autumn-themed photos for an assignment. I've set the goal that I will try to do a full set without trees or leaves. Also have some Java stuff to do, and I'm working on an interactive storybook in Scratch. Yeah, Scratch is meant for kids but that's what they're making us use. As far as fun, Avengers: Endless Wartime finally showed up today so I'll probably read that.

Love the new avi Steve.

I've given up on that thread. I remember now why I barely leave BritGaf. Also makes me appreciate you lovely lot more.

I wuv you guys.

Going to the seaside this weekend!

NinjaBoiX

Huh, I was just thinking the exact same thing Musha, scrolling through those last few replies had me smiling! BritGAF is best GAF. I'm loving the real pic trend with Kent and Steve too.

8bit, DJ Food is boss, love his stuff.

Argh! Music talk, community feels, circlejerk time!

Love you guys, this is such a mint collection of peeps. Diverse, intelligent, witty and interesting, each with endearing quirks and idiosyncrasies.

Also, have fun by the sea Musha! Sounds like a cool weekend.

jimbor

Banned
Dat feel when you finish your hour long commute home, drenched by rain and miserable, only to realise you left your house keys at work...

Welcome to my world. I did it twice in the space of 8 days. First one wasn't so bad as it was sunny so went and bought some booze and sat in the park until my ex came home. Second time, my ex was on holiday so I had no way of getting in. Had another hour and a bit commute to stay with my Mum.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Huh, I was just thinking the exact same thing Musha, scrolling through those last few replies had me smiling! BritGAF is best GAF. I'm loving the real pic trend with Kent and Steve too.

8bit, DJ Food is boss, love his stuff.

Argh! Music talk, community feels, circlejerk time!

Love you guys, this is such a mint collection of peeps. Diverse, intelligent, witty and interesting, each with endearing quirks and idiosyncrasies.

Also, have fun by the sea Musha! Sounds like a cool weekend.

Ninja getting all sentimental linking trance tracks and all sorts, Coming up on E son ?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You just now got back? Damn. That is pretty fucking shitty dude, :lol:

Hope your weekend is better. You should share more DnD stories in the tg thread.

Suairyu

Banned
You just now got back? Damn. That is pretty fucking shitty dude, :lol:

Hope your weekend is better. You should share more DnD stories in the tg thread.
I'm meant to be running a Pathfinder session tomorrow, but I'm gonna cancel it. After today (key forgetting was just a rotten cherry on top of a shit cake) I just need some time alone with the gf to unwind.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I'm meant to be running a Pathfinder session tomorrow, but I'm gonna cancel it. After today (key forgetting was just a rotten cherry on top of a shit cake) I just need some time alone with the gf to unwind.

Meadows 2.0

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Best jog yet, I powered through the first mile better than ever and was super pumped but I didnt want to stop to check how quickly I had done it so I carried on, after around 2 or 3 miles I stopped to check as I needed some water, I pull my phone from my rucksack only to discover that I HADN'T PRESSED START RUN ON MY FUCKING APP

Still was awesome, just gutted I couldnt track my progress or use it as a personal best to beat

Suairyu

Banned
... my housemate was in and my bedroom was unlocked.

I've just wasted two hours of my life and £7.90 for no fucking reason.

I think it's time for plan B.

NinjaBoiX

Ninja getting all sentimental linking trance tracks and all sorts, Coming up on E son ?
Just high as a kite mate! Pretty drunk, stoned to bits, just a final blow out before I kick that weed for good. For reals this time!

I'm under no illusions that a might have a sneaky toke at a party every now and then, but as far as it being a fairly sizable financial consideration? Fuck that noise!

tumblr_m9xf4vhlrc1rwup1y.gif

(Hayley gif spam relapse incoming. I'm trading off vices!)

So as of tomorrow, I'm walking the righteous path, following the glowing footprints of the Prophet Kentpaul to the promised land. Brother Jed, will you join us in our pilgrimage to greener pastures? You said you had the thought after your water bottle incident. Think of the money you'll save for comics and gigs and shit!

SmokyDave

Demolition Man is actually based on SmokeyDave's life. He escaped the womb of his mother hundreds of years ago back in the 1700s were he led a life of a gentleman with extensive knowledge of cutlery. However one day he took too much opium and fell into a cold pond in the lake district thus being cryogenically frozen . He was there for many a year, staring blankly into a chippy until one fateful day in the early 1980s he was freed when a tourist discarded a cigarette into the lakes. It fell to the bottom of his watery tomb, were it burned its way through the ice into his mouth, thus freeing him and granting him the ability to smoke underwater.
Fuck, I'd forgotten about those dark times. Back to therapy for me :(

jimbor

Banned
Best jog yet, I powered through the first mile better than ever and was super pumped but I didnt want to stop to check how quickly I had done it so I carried on, after around 2 or 3 miles I stopped to check as I needed some water, I pull my phone from my rucksack only to discover that I HADN'T PRESSED START RUN ON MY FUCKING APP

Still was awesome, just gutted I couldnt track my progress or use it as a personal best to beat

i've got a place in the London marathon next year, via the ballot. Shitting myself a bit as haven't done any serious running for about 4 years. I'd be surprised if I could run more than two miles at the moment.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Just fired up GTAV and decided to try the online.

This character creation thing.

dafuq.

jimbor

Banned
Watching a documentary about food in Iceland (the country not Kerry Katona's favourite shop). Really want to go back, hopefully one April but after Vegas in 3 weeks no more holidays for me for a while. Studying and a sparky's mate wage are not conducive to travelling. Once fully qualified I have grand travel plans, can't fucking wait.

Jordan

I haven't really traveled - I'm planning on going to Germany next year but that's for gamescon.

Been to Florida twice, Spain and Greece a few times and that's it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom