• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danj

I heard GTA online corrupts your single player save if you have connection problems, is that still a thing or did they fix it?

Reknoc

GTA: Online managed to be worse than I expected. Not being able to connect? Sure okay, but the game has a solo option, so maybe hey you can have a bit of fun with your character while the servers sort themselves out... NOPE! The game forces you into a multilplayer activity.

What's the most baffling thing though is the awful character creator. I've never seen a character creator so awful. Your lifestyle point distribution effecting character look is pretty dumb, especially if you put too many points into one thing and it shoves and hat and some shades on your character so you don't know what they look like. The menus are also unbearably laggy. Then when you decide to give up and go "well this is probably the least monstrous I can get them" you go into the game and they character shows barely any resemblance to what you just made. Just awful and not what I'd expect from R*

SKINNER!

Banned
GTA online was quite glitchy when I started it around 7pm but I eventually completed the tutorial and got into the mayhem. I felt it was alright but nothing special. Still had its funny moments. There was this guy chasing and ramming me as I was doing the online tutorial and after I bought my clothes and drove away he started shooting so I stopped the car and got out shooting at him, he got out and we had a standoff. Then the police arrive and he chickens out and dashes to his car to escape but I continue emptying clips at him not giving a damn.

First time playing the game in general and I must say the driving feels really smooth and well done.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I heard GTA online corrupts your single player save if you have connection problems, is that still a thing or did they fix it?

If it is a thing, I doubt they would have fixed it in the past 12 hours. Never corrupted my save, for what it's worth.

edit: oops. Post more, people.

NinjaBoiX

Morning doods,

I concur that The Descendants are totally awesome and stuff. Milo Goes To College is marvellous!

Caught up with a few pals I haven't seen in ages last night, good times. I'll definitely be trying out GTAO tonight, if I can get on that is. Also, I'm joining the gym this week, there is only so much you can do in your bedroom, and the temptation is always there to just, you know, put the weights down and lie on the bed! Plus, there'll be four of us going, should help with motivation.

Also, I joined teh Facebook. I'm not sure how much I'll actually use it, but at least people won't look at me like I'm a child molester when I say I don't have an account! I have no idea what I'm doing. I added a pic, and sent a couple of FR's out, it's a brave new world.

Nearly caught up at work too. Yiss.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Good morning guys. Bruno Mars sung About it and today I will live it! Lazy day incoming. Hope gta online connects without any issues. Yo rockstar why are you forcing everyone to do the same activity. . No wonder the servers are getting slammed.

I hadn't heard this, I'm kinda glad I didn't bother with Online and just continued with the story last night. I don't think I'll bother with Online for at least a week, give them time to sort shit out.

Hystzen

fuck today hard in it arse

hole in my shoe so my righ foot was soaking wet when got to work

got to work late and told to go home because didn't send in text saying going be 2 minutes late.

check phone on way home it bricked probably due to water damage.

fuck today hard

but hey got a pay increase

SKINNER!

Banned
Fat nerd, fat nerd, virgin, fattest nerd?

xvYfWLB.gif

Also (completely unrelated to the above quote), haven't seen the wall of shame posted in a while so......

ThGS4jP.jpg

Jordan

Today has started off really busy but it's going very slow.

Yesterday can fuck off though, some guy has put in a car insurance claim against me. Bye no claims.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
got to work late and told to go home because didn't send in text saying going be 2 minutes late.

So wait, you got sent home because you were a little bit late? Seems rather an overreaction. Don't your place need staff to be working.

I hate how some workplaces treat their staff like robots. People are people, let them be flawed. They'll feel more valued.

This thread should be called "NinjaBoiX and friends" :p wow dude! I also didn't realise Afoni and Cyanide post that much. This makes me a bad person for not noticing.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
fuck today hard in it arse

hole in my shoe so my righ foot was soaking wet when got to work

check phone on way home it bricked probably due to water damage.

fuck today hard

but hey got a pay increase

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cYi_vGpglg

Shoulda got the S3 bra, It can handle rain like human skin.

Hystzen

So wait, you got sent home because you were a little bit late? Seems rather an overreaction. Don't your place need staff to be working.

I hate how some workplaces treat their staff like robots. People are people, let them be flawed. They'll feel more valued.

I think they over staffed today so needed cut some people me being late was easy target. Damn bus though sat at one of the stops for 5 minutes that what messed me up. Just annoyed I have get up at 5am to make sure get the bus on time for 7am start.

SKINNER!

Banned
Xperia Z1 is where it's at KP and Hystzen! Waterproof and shit's slick as fuck. The free (non-dorky looking) watch is also an added bonus. I was so close to getting the Note 3 but zomgbbqftw showed me the righteous way. Can't wait to play some decent games on it. Packed it with a 64B memory card last night and all I'm waiting for now is the case.

Hystzen

Actually people recommend some phones , I was planning on getting new Iphone after cracked my iPod Touch but not sure about the price for it

Symphonia

Banned
You guys are acting like that's a bad thing? So you're extremely involved in a thread on a forum you enjoy posting on. This is good! You keep the thread moving and alive!
But thats 458 depressing posts, haha. I do enjoy posting here, though, NeoGAF is such a tight community. The BritGAF thread even more so, its like a little [dysfunctional] family, and I love you all in your own little ways.

Jordan

I quickly closed my browser window when I was going to order them other day fuck that price

£123.75 per ticket for block 108... but, it's Justin Timberlake man.

I've also just seen on BBC that YouTube are doing their own music award show... apparently one is going to be in London... apparently Eminem is going to be there... apparently, so am I.

Hystzen

The only person I would instantly payout £100+ is if David Bowie said fuck it doing a gig

I like me some JT but that price no goddamn way

Jordan

See, I spent £80 on a ticket for Muse which was right at the back of Wembley Arena... £123 for the front of the O2...

Think that's me done for tickets this year now though, unless Ed Sheeran, Delilah, Eminem or Rudimental do a local decent gig.

Hystzen

See, I spent £80 on a ticket for Muse which was right at the back of Wembley Arena... £123 for the front of the O2...

Think that's me done for tickets this year now though, unless Ed Sheeran, Delilah, Eminem or Rudimental do a local decent gig.

I was £50 and got to front for Muse here in Manchester and few years ago £60 at front at Wembley

not gone to gig in ages might have to change that some bands around next year and might get some Placebo tickets for December

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Those ticket prices are fucking disgusting. You should be ashamed for supporting those rip off tactics. There is no reason beyond greed and a willing public for prices that high.

No gig should ever cost more than £20. And even that is daylight robbery.

Imagine how much money those people are making. Tickets + merch (I bet a t-shirt is £25).

Unless it's like...Fest or Groezrock, I refuse to pay over £40 for a gig. And that's in very rare circumstances.

Fortunately, the best live band ever's gigs are more decently priced. Fuck yeah Primal Scream.

The punx £5 gigs are the best though.

Jordan

I agree fully, but it's Justin Timberlake man!

I never buy merc, fuck that shit, far too expensive. eBay the day after... cheap as chips!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I agree fully, but it's Justin Timberlake man!

I never buy merc, fuck that shit, far too expensive. eBay the day after... cheap as chips!

It's a man on a stage faaaaaar away from you that you'll be watching on a massive TV faaaaar away from you. It's retarded.

/old punk shaking fist at sky

afoni

Banned
This thread should be called "NinjaBoiX and friends" :p wow dude! I also didn't realise Afoni and Cyanide post that much. This makes me a bad person for not noticing.

I didn't even fucking know I posted that much. I guess it helped that I had quite a lot of free time during the summer, but damn. I doubt I'll be continuing this streak now that I'm back and uni and living with friends.

In other news, I went to Tesco yesterday and found this:

8OCopna.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom