• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonia

Banned
I'm out of the loop when it comes to gigging. I went to a fair few 'back in the day' but I feel too old now and there's the problem of money, etc.

SKINNER!

Banned
Damn Jordan. That is almost festival ticket pricing there. Still, if you're a big JT fan then at least it's money well spend if you want to see him perform your favourite tracks :) If my sister is going to the one in Glasgow then I'll tag along. She's already seen him twice I believe so I'm not sure.

Current gigs coming up:-

Alice in Chains in November
Maybe think about going to see Jaguar Skills again in November.
Less Than Jake & Reel Big Fish in Feb 2014.

Friends are wanting me to tag along with them to see Gogol Bordello, Volbeat and Bowling For Soup.

Gogol Bordello = Yes!
Volbeat = Maybe (missed them at Download)
Bowling For Soup = eeeeeh I don't think so. Maybe tag along if I'm extremely bored that day and someone's flogging a ticket in the queues.

Jordan

It's a man on a stage faaaaaar away from you that you'll be watching on a massive TV faaaaar away from you. It's retarded.

/old punk shaking fist at sky

It's not just about that though, it's the atmosphere. It's a similar situation with watching football on tele and being at the stadium.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
994317_502677793159891_477519518_n.jpg

Gigs are awesome, I Hope to crowd surf next time I'm at one.

Kentpaul

Hip hop shows look suspiciously like Nazi rallies in photographs. Especially the scottish ones where there are no black people :p

Lol you could have a point there! Good thing plenty of black people travelled all over for it, A black person can be seen behind the girl drinking from the green cup! I would love to go to a techno gig, shit would be bouncing my man.

Indie band gigs look like coffee shops with speakers!

Man, trying to post in this thread is a clusterfuck - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688527

I'm trying to be open and understanding and to give my personal view, but just get shot down each time. Musha, why do you think that not so many girls are on GAF? You're a sensible woman, I know you'll talk sense.

No point arguing with women who are on the defensive, you will never win.

I think your points were pretty accurate, a lot of what fiction was saying women argue about is basically guys, who's the hottest etc. Devo and Fiction seem to be missing the point that whilst they are girls who like gaming enough to post on a message board about it, they are in the minority, most girls just aren't into gaming, certainly not enough to bother going on the internet to talk about it. It really is as simple as that.

I didn't even fucking know I posted that much. I guess it helped that I had quite a lot of free time during the summer, but damn. I doubt I'll be continuing this streak now that I'm back and uni and living with friends.

In other news, I went to Tesco yesterday and found this:

8OCopna.jpg

Andy has the pug pillow.

I'm out of the loop when it comes to gigging. I went to a fair few 'back in the day' but I feel too old now and there's the problem of money, etc.

How old are you?

ninjaboxi and the crusade of the clique?

I think we have the title for the next thread right there

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
1384011_212391462269214_1207328821_n_zpsdb52cf83.jpg

Went to GAF for dieting advice and I think it paid off

Shop day just got way more fun, going to go get some meat and shit now

Kentpaul

If I buy more than one vegetable at once it's liely something will get neglected and go off

Brutal truth. Tash seems like he's in the mind set for the life changing healthy eating. It will all go out the window when he's pissed and phones a takeaway though.

Hasney

Man, trying to post in this thread is a clusterfuck - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688527

I'm trying to be open and understanding and to give my personal view, but just get shot down each time. Musha, why do you think that not so many girls are on GAF? You're a sensible woman, I know you'll talk sense.

Just started reading this and loving the fact that so many people think it's due to the use of the word "cunt" which is laughably naive, at least among the female gamers I know. Or maybe northern gamers regardless of gender just enjoy saying that word (it is pretty fantastic with a Yorkshire accent).

Probably not going to contribute because it is as much of a clusterfuck as you state, but I didn't know NinjaBoiX was known on Tumblr!

=( certain people get a certain treatment there. on tumblr and other forums that pay attention to gaf they call it the ninjaboi effect.

----------------------------------------------------------

Dude, I'm 29 next week with a hairline receding so quickly that Usain Bolt couldn't catch it but I will be bouncing around like a bell-end when I go see Limp Bizkit.

Also, how were AvA when you saw them? I saw them when they had just first formed at Give It A Name festival and it was god awful. Hope they improved since then. Luckily, Billy Talent had already made that day very worth it.

Symphonia

Banned
And you think you're too old for gigs? Blimey. Someone stick me in an old folks home now then.
I just feel it , yeah.

Also, how were AvA when you saw them? I saw them when they had just first formed at Give It A Name festival and it was god awful. Hope they improved since then. Luckily, Billy Talent had already made that day very worth it.
They were awesome but this is coming from someone who's loved them since day one.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I just feel it , yeah.

They were awesome but this is coming from someone who's loved them since day one.

You should wear a flatcap and carry a cane then :p 25 is a great age. I wish I was 25 again.

I would have more hair, for one thing.

edit: you should totally find your local music scene though, by the sounds of it you would enjoy local bands. And it gets you out of the house, doing something different and living life. Sounds like you need that maybe. I didn't realise how much of a morose motherfucker I'd become a few years back until I started to do stuff again. And then I remembered, oh yeah, this is what happiness feels like!

Kentpaul

Ninja's having none of it! Showing my girlfriends sister GTA guys lol, Nothing worse than it being night time or a storm or something when you want to show someone the sunny streets of compton.. Damn game!

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...esolve-gta-v-online-problems-errors-and-bugs/

Pretty upset about online not working, I don't expect this sort of sloppy work from a Scottish company. It makes me disappointed to be scottish to be honest. They had 2 weeks to sort this shit out.

Ninja's having none of it! Showing my girlfriends sister GTA guys lol, Nothing worse than it being night time or a storm or something when you want to show someone the sunny streets of compton.. Damn game!

Kill yourself, the game usually changes to day if you die/get busted at night.

Kentpaul

Kill yourself, the game usually changes to day if you die/get busted at night.

I did then it was raining with major overcast. It was just of they moments when life got out of my control and all i could do was keep saving it hoping for some fine weather. Not to worry though i got to show of the game anyway.

Oh guys the evilore look a like thread, My sides are going to burst

Mikeside

Being on site but being unable to do your job because the customer's networking team are shit & are trying to fob you off is frustrating as hell.

Being 4 hours away from home to boot is just plain torture.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You guys are acting like that's a bad thing? So you're extremely involved in a thread on a forum you enjoy posting on. This is good! You keep the thread moving and alive!
That's one way to look at it. I guess you do have to have a positive outlook considering you're the fourth top poster.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Being on site but being unable to do your job because the customer's networking team are shit & are trying to fob you off is frustrating as hell.

Being 4 hours away from home to boot is just plain torture.

If you left now we could be playing gta by 8....

just saying :p

That's one way to look at it. I guess you do have to have a positive outlook considering you're the fourth top poster.

Better than being a grumpy miserable sod who rags on others because he's secretly jealous of others friendships and feeling awfully left out ;P

I loves ya Jackben

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Tashbrooke has almost completely fallen off the list which really says something considering he used to be top of the pops. He's evolving. No one press 'B'.

Kentpaul

1 billion in profits and they still ain't sorted this shit out, They seen us gamers coming that's for sure.

Kentpaul

Why is MS advertising gta online is now up on the dashboard ? Why are they telling me lies, LIES LIES!!!!

1380421_585638064816721_998675032_n.jpg

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Tashbrooke has almost completely fallen off the list which really says something considering he used to be top of the pops. He's evolving. No one press 'B'.

This is true, I have evolved in a sense, but quantity of posts had nothing to do with it and I believe that there was nothing wrong with how much I posted, I still visit the thread just as much, I just don't have as much to see, I've gained valuable experience in this thread for my life and I think anyone trying to achieve that should go the fuck ahead and do that shit.

Cyanide, I'm not gonna disagree with you, you do post a fuck-tonne of depressing posts, but that's your choice! This thread can be whatever you want it to be, I used it to get through the steep learning curve of moving out and standing on my own two feet, and it helped the shit outta me, I would've been fucked without it, not only did I get loads of advice and help, I made friends, had people to talk to when I was down and it even made me more confident after going to a couple of meets because you really do learn to not give a shit about what people think. My advice is to keep posting here, and vent away by all means, but maybe listen to some of the advice people give you in here because that's the best part of the community here as it harbours people of all ages and walks of life.. Just maybe show us some of those silver linings too ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom