• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunodi

Newsnight has the occasional ability to make me burst out laughing. Glenn Greenwald, the journalist working with Edward Snowden, was asked if he felt comfortable travelling to the UK in light of the Government's 'intimidation' tactics in response to the leaks.

"I am much more cautious about travelling to the UK although not being able to visit the UK is not something I regard as a grave punishment."

OH NO HE DI'N'T!

(He continues to go up in my estimation; is it geeky to have a favourite journalist?)

jimbor

Banned
I haven't really traveled - I'm planning on going to Germany next year but that's for gamescon.

Been to Florida twice, Spain and Greece a few times and that's it

Do it, man! I fucking love it, hence the sadness at being a lot poorer than I'm used to for the next 3 years. Will have to get around the UK a bit more, I've still never been to Scotland.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
i've got a place in the London marathon next year, via the ballot. Shitting myself a bit as haven't done any serious running for about 4 years. I'd be surprised if I could run more than two miles at the moment.
fuuuuuuuuuck, good luck mang, start training soon?
I haven't really traveled - I'm planning on going to Germany next year but that's for gamescon.

Been to Florida twice, Spain and Greece a few times and that's it
I know a lot of people who have never left the country
CHEEZMO™;84587505 said:
First against the wall.

lol

jimbor

Banned
You ain't lived until you have been to Scotland.

Pfft, I've been to Iceland. It's only the country Scotland could have been.

Edit:

fuuuuuuuuuck, good luck mang, start training soon?

I know a lot of people who have never left the country

lol

Maybe. Might leave it until after Vegas. Three months is more than enough time to train for a marathon but I'm going to be aiming for under 3:30 so the longer I train, the more realistic that'll become.

Don't tell anyone in AusGAF I'm in here, they'll find out I'm a pommie!

When's you Birthday: November 26th
Where do you live: Sydney, Australia
Where are you from: Doncaster, S. Yorkshire
Occupation/University: House Husband
Favourite Actor/Actress: Brian Blessed
Favourite Band/Artist: Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine
Favourite TV Show: Spaced
Favourite Crisps: Marmite flavoured Walkers (Sadly unavailable here, if anyone wants to send me a care package...)
Favourite Biscuit: Chocolate Hob Nobs
Favourite Pokémon: Jigglypuff
Ant or Dec: Ant
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Tites
Beano or Dandy: :,(
2000AD
Beano

Don't tell anyone in AusGAF I'm in here, they'll find out I'm a pommie!

When's you Birthday: November 26th
Where do you live: Sydney, Australia
Where are you from: Doncaster, S. Yorkshire
Occupation/University: House Husband
Favourite Actor/Actress: Brian Blessed
Favourite Band/Artist: Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine
Favourite TV Show: Spaced
Favourite Crisps: Marmite flavoured Walkers (Sadly unavailable here, if anyone wants to send me a care package...)
Favourite Biscuit: Chocolate Hob Nobs
Favourite Pokémon: Jigglypuff
Ant or Dec: Ant
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Tites
Beano or Dandy: :,(
2000AD
Beano

Welcome dude! My sister is somewhere near Sydney, you been out there long? Also impressed with your occupation, that's my bloke's dream job.

Chopper

Ooh. I've not done that...

When's you Birthday: July 9th
Where do you live: Chichester, West Sussex
Where are you from: Chichester, West Sussex
Occupation/University: Publican
Favourite Actor/Actress: At the moment? Bryan Cranston!
Favourite Band/Artist: The Prodigy/System of a Down
Favourite TV Show: The Office (UK)
Favourite Crisps: Roast beef and mustard Brannigans
Favourite Biscuit: Dark chocolate Hob Nobs
Favourite Pokémon: Lucario
Ant or Dec: Dec
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Stalactites
Beano or Dandy: Beano. I was a club member with a subscription

Also, guys. I want a tattoo. Big time. I have a lot of ideas, but am completely artistically inept. How do I even begin getting an original design that I love?!

Rubbish King

so my flatmate "broke up" with his gf yesterday and they are back together again today, this is such fucking bullshit, after finally giving up on the idea of actually doing what we planned to do (move in together, have a cool bachelor pad, nerd out with games, go out on the pull and meet some of his friends so I don't have to just hang out with my fucking coworkers) I am given a fucking glimmer of hope only to have it torn away, this is such fucking bullshit the fucking cunt needs to fuck off out this flat, all he does is bring his fucking parents round and his gf it is literally the most boring/uncomfortable thing

/rantfuckingoverfornow

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You should plot ways to split them up.

I'm imagining you and your roommate like Joey and Chandler. You're Joey.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Brutal insomnia. I suppose everything can't be smooth sailing. Not to worry it gives me a chance to re read my news feed for the 50th time.

Welcome dude! My sister is somewhere near Sydney, you been out there long? Also impressed with your occupation, that's my bloke's dream job.

Just hit 2 years and loving it. Miss a lot about home (proper pubs, proper Fish n' chips, Theakstons...) but Australia has a lot going for it, really friendly people and a very relaxed lifestyle. Just moved up to the Blue Mountains about an hour and a half north of Sydney, a bit cooler and lot's of trees, feels more like home, or it would if it wasn't for the possums tap dancing on the roof every night.....

SteveWD40

Just hit 2 years and loving it. Miss a lot about home (proper pubs, proper Fish n' chips, Theakstons...) but Australia has a lot going for it, really friendly people and a very relaxed lifestyle. Just moved up to the Blue Mountains about an hour and a half north of Sydney, a bit cooler and lot's of trees, feels more like home, or it would if it wasn't for the possums tap dancing on the roof every night.....

My sister lives in Bronte (near the beach) been there for 10 years now, bought a flat, got the passport etc...

I lived in Surrey Hills for a year, loved it mostly.

Blue Mountains is amazing, what job does the other half do that takes you that far though? It didn't seem like there was much up there when I went, also it was so quiet at night I couldn't sleep, silence was deafening.

NinjaBoiX

Morning chums,

Friday innit! I'm going to have another successful and constructive day at work, I feel it in my bones. I actually got some enjoyment out of rushing around yesterday, time flew. I need to pull my finger out and get myself busier at work.

Weekend plans people? Going to catch up with some pals, play some games and see the olds. Also joining the gym tomorrow, time to sort myself out. I'm not a blob by any stretch, but I miss having pecs and a six pack. I plan to do plenty of cardio too, try and reverse the effects of 10 years of spliff smoking!

i've got a place in the London marathon next year.
Once fully qualified I have grand travel plans, can't fucking wait.

Good for you Jim, fair play man. I need to travel more, jeez. See the world and shit. I'm not sure about the marathon though, I'll quit the weed and join the gym first, see how I go!

so my flatmate "broke up" with his gf yesterday and they are back together again today, this is such fucking bullshit, after finally giving up on the idea of actually doing what we planned to do (move in together, have a cool bachelor pad, nerd out with games, go out on the pull and meet some of his friends so I don't have to just hang out with my fucking coworkers) I am given a fucking glimmer of hope only to have it torn away, this is such fucking bullshit the fucking cunt needs to fuck off out this flat, all he does is bring his fucking parents round and his gf it is literally the most boring/uncomfortable thing

/rantfuckingoverfornow

Sleep with her dude. He'll break up with her for good, forgive you in time, and you guys can live happily ever after.

Also, welcome to Chopper and zorlac. Added bday deets to the OP.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm eating Choc Chip Hob Nobs and listening to Gomez, work does not get much better than this.

Weekend plans are pretty much just a gig I'm playing tomorrow for the mrs's Rollerderby team. They've got a game on and we're playing the afterparty, should be good fun. Anyone in the Guildford area that fancies coming along hit me up and I'll give some deets.

Hopefully can get some more GTAO over the weekend too, got a few hours in yesterday and enjoyed the shit out of it. Till my character disappeared. Bum.

Morning BritGAF!

I started my day by looking at those new pictures of Miley Cyrus, what the fuck is she doing?!

I'm now going to demolish some bacon.

Anybody up for some GTA V Online this weekend? As long as the servers don't melt.

Also, guys. I want a tattoo. Big time. I have a lot of ideas, but am completely artistically inept. How do I even begin getting an original design that I love?!

Step 1: Find a tattooist.

There's a reason they're called tattoo artists. And from my experience they would much prefer to come up with their own design for you than copy someone elses. Browse online for tattoo artists until you find one whose style you really like, then have a chat with them about your ideas, and come up with something together.

Rubbish King

You should plot ways to split them up.

I'm imagining you and your roommate like Joey and Chandler. You're Joey.
The thing is, he said made out from the first time I met him he was joey, I felt like the Chandler before he became successful and gave a shit

Turns out he's nothing but a really gas-headed version of Ross and NOBODY WANTS TO LIVE WITH ROSS

NOT EVEN RACHEL DAMNNIT
Sleep with her dude. He'll break up with her for good, forgive you in time, and you guys can live happily ever after.
This will not work for two reason

1. I doubt she'd go for it
2. I'd end up punching her before I could finish the deed

Ugh, not even finished a full week at uni and I'm already taking a sickie. I gave it my best, went in yesterday and almost fainted for my troubles... now I've got a banging headache to boot.

Bah, I'm useless. Better be fine again by tomorrow.

Hystzen

first paycheck in the bank and got day off

staying in bed me thinks or go waste my money

aeBj0SW.gif

Blue Mountains is amazing, what job does the other half do that takes you that far though? It didn't seem like there was much up there when I went, also it was so quiet at night I couldn't sleep, silence was deafening.

Wife works down in the Hills District as a GP (hence why I can stay at home). We're up in the eastern part so only about 40 mins for her to get to work. We we're down in the suburbs but missed the countryside so made the jump, been here a month so far and loving it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom