• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Out of all of those, I've only heard of The XX. Is that bad?
I could give you a pass on most of them, but it's surprising you've never heard of Portishead, "Dummy" is a seminal record. The Hives and Foals have had a few fairly big hits, and Bobby Womack is fairly well known.

But you should definitely should've heard of Public Enemy. Like, really?

Symphonia

Banned
I could give you a pass on most of them, but it's surprising you've never heard of Portishead, "Dummy" is a seminal record. The Hives and Foals have had a few fairly big hits, and Bobby Womack is fairly well known.

But you should definitely should've heard of Public Enemy. Like, really?
Public Enemy kinda rings a bell. I'll search on Spotify in a bit and see if I recognise anything. I know for a fact I've not heard anything from The Hives and Foals, though, or Portishead. I'm an uneducated motherfucka.

NinjaBoiX

Public Enemy kinda rings a bell. I'll search on Spotify in a bit and see if I recognise anything. I know for a fact I've not heard anything from The Hives and Foals, though, or Portishead. I'm an uneducated motherfucka.
I bet you have. Here are some of the bigger hits:

Portishead - Glory Box

The Hives - Hate To Say I Told You So

Foals - Inhaler

Also, you need some Womack is our soul:

Bobby Womack - Across 110th Street

All the hip-hop heads need to listen to Danny Brown's Old. Shit is probably my AOTY.
I keep hearing the name, but forgetting to check him out. I'll get on it!

Mikeside

Glastonbury 2013 Line-Up

That festival is so damn huge now! I was just going to post the line up, but after scrolling for a minute or two I figured a link would be wise. So much music, damn.

I'd love to see:

Portishead
Foals
The Hives
Alabama Shakes
Azealia Banks
The XX
Seasick Steve
Bobby Womack
Lianne la Havas
Public Enemy
etc, etc, etc

There is almost too much choice.

You realize that's the lineup from this year, the one that's already happened, yeah?

We never know the lineup for the next Glasto before tickets are sold out :(

SteveWD40

This was on Reddit (spoilers):

Breaking Bad / Baby Blue

syaae36.gif

NinjaBoiX

You realize that's the lineup from this year, the one that's already happened, yeah?

We never know the lineup for the next Glasto before tickets are sold out :(
Ahaha, what a tool! My apologies.

Ah well, it's not like I have a ticket!

:/

Edit: I even tagged the link with "2013"!

WazoRXd.jpg

I've never had any interest in going to Glastonbury. Hope you have a good time though.

Just on my way home from Hastings, had an awesome weekend.

Chinner

Banned
yeah cant say festivals really appeal to me either. sleep 3 nights in a tent with no proper shower, horrible toliets and also be surrounded by vast amount of 16 year olds. sounds like something green scar would do.

SmokyDave

Had the sexing scan today, she's a girl!

Speaking of babies, where is Screaming Meat? I want to hear some tales from the early days where it's all shit, snot & tears.

whats everyone psn??
SmokiestDave. Feel free to send abuse and pictures of your junk.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah I never really go to festivals but I figured if you're going to go to a big one you may as well go to the biggest one, get fully ripped off buying cider and probably lose your tent. At least I've got a bunch of mates to go with. Getting older now so probably will be the last!

Went out into Brixton and somehow got my arm twisted by the gf into buying an art print at a market in a pub and then buying some new work shoes. God knows why, that's £70 gone. Luckily as I was walking back I found a £20 note on the pavement, then a fiver a bit further down. Should buy a lottery ticket!

whats everyone psn??

Think mine's Mikebot2000

Congrats! You chuffed?

yeah cant say festivals really appeal to me either. sleep 3 nights in a tent with no proper shower, horrible toliets and also be surrounded by vast amount of 16 year olds. sounds like something green scar would do.

Don't worry, it sounds like my version of hell too.

Oh, PSN: RitzkriegRap . Hopefully PS4 lets me change it, I'd pay a fiver to make it Coldman420 or something.

afoni

Banned
Inofa is something I've been using since 2007, so I hope I can keep it for Ps4.

I have about 3 other usernames I use on the fly that are similar to it.

NinjaBoiX

Awesome stuff Dave!

The missus will have another female presence in the house to offset all your raging manly testosterone. You'll be having candlelit baths, arranging flowers and making potpourri before you know it.

Edit: chinner, it's NinjaBoiX.

SmokyDave

Congrats! You chuffed?
Eh, yeah, pretty much. I did want a boy because my family has way more women than men. I was hoping to balance things out a bit. Ultimately though, a happy, healthy baby is all that really matters and she was wriggling all over the shop on the 4D scan.

Awesome stuff Dave!

The missus will have another female presence in the house to offset all your raging manly testosterone. You'll be having candlelit baths, arranging flowers and making potpourri before you know it.

Edit: chinner, it's NinjaBoiX.
....that sounds pretty relaxing. Maybe I should give it a go to get into the swing of things. Does a candlelit shower count?

Oh no I love festivals, it's just Glastonbury that doesn't appeal to me.

Did you get any fish and chips at the seaside?

Of course! And wasted money in the arcade, bought comics from a secondhand bookstore and sat on the beach chucking pebbles in the sea.

Congrats! So does that make name deciding easier or harder?

Well, booked to Brighton for a weekend in a few weeks time. Yes, middle of October, perfect time to visit a seaside place! And it appears we've booked what may be half term, that was a smart time.

Well, booked to Brighton for a weekend in a few weeks time. Yes, middle of October, perfect time to visit a seaside place! And it appears we've booked what may be half term, that was a smart time.

Take a coat, I might be stating the obvious but in October it will be cold there.

NinjaBoiX

Does a candlelit shower count?
No, don't be silly David. You've got to commit.

Dimmed lights, smooth jazz, thick luxurious suds, maybe some rose petals...
Of course! And wasted money in the arcade, bought comics from a secondhand bookstore and sat on the beach chucking pebbles in the sea.
Sweet. This is how you spend time at the seaside!
Nice one man, little excursions are cool. I'd like to check out Brighton, I bet it's glorious in the summer!

Take a coat, I might be stating the obvious but in October it will be cold there.

Ta. A good chance to bust out my big coat. It's got the furry stuff round the hood. Ooh yes.

Nice one man, little excursions are cool. I'd like to check out Brighton, I bet it's glorious in the summer!

Yeah, been meaning to do more of these. The GF's brother has just started uni there, good chance to pay a visit and get away. Plus all my work seems to be in the latter half of the week this term so it doesn't have to be rushed.

I need a new coat. Mine's getting a bit rough looking and it doesn't quite as fit as well. Also I keep underestimating the weather and end up taking it off five minutes out the door.

I need a new coat. Mine's getting a bit rough looking and it doesn't quite as fit as well. Also I keep underestimating the weather and end up taking it off five minutes out the door.

It's that buggering awkward time where you go "nope it's fine", then by the end of the day oh look there's the rain, but it's not cold enough for a big coat, but having one of those tiny ones takes up space.

It's that buggering awkward time where you go "nope it's fine", then by the end of the day oh look there's the rain, but it's not cold enough for a big coat, but having one of those tiny ones takes up space.

I think I need a big coat and a thinner coat. Having one has mostly just caused me trouble. For example, the current one seems a bit too thick for going round the park in, because I feel like I look like a paedo. There's so many fucking kids! Go away, it's 5 o'clock, you should be playing Minecraft or something.

afoni

Banned
Oh god, I forgot it gets colder than hoodie-weather.

I really can't be fucked to be cold all the time again, you guys. Why is Winter a thing?? :(

I actually prefer the refreshing chill of winter to the scorching heat of summer. I like sweating less and having more layers of clothing to keep warm.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Saw Parachute for Gordo yesterday with mikeside and my god they were on form

Also captured some footage of jed to make gifs with

tumblr_mu9deuIAi31skoxj7o1_500.jpg

SuperSah

Banned
Hello BritGAF.

I am still alive.

Been busy with college etc. Not like any one gives a shit really. Just popped by to say hello. :)

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom