• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Tuesday morning, Doom song is going round in my head.

Also really, really can't be bothered today. If I get shit loads done I may have a sick day tomorrow and just play GTAV all day...
...and listen to the new Korn record! ;)

Deap Valley and Sleigh Bells have new stuff out. Aww yiss.
what, as in the music from the game Doom? The act of recall has now stuck it in my head too.

I really wish I was at home right now, tired, ill and a bit bored, it's quiet at work now that I got the emergency sorted. Godamn it.
Man, I just had the dullest meeting, proper hand holding bullshit. They actually recommended that we wash our hands after touching hazardous substances. They really look after their staff.

New clean living lifestyle is paying dividends though! I feel fresh as fuck and really energised of late. Actually looking forward to burning off excess energy rather than struggling to find some in reserve to conduct my life at a basic level.

The only issue is the three lads I go to the gym with like to go pretty late, about half 7, I like to go straight after work. But weekend sessions with the 4 of us is good fun! You push yourself a lot more with some freindly competition.

what, as in the music from the game Doom? The act of recall has now stuck it in my head too.

I really wish I was at home right now, tired, ill and a bit bored, it's quiet at work now that I got the emergency sorted. Godamn it.

No, the Doom song, from Invader Zim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqcn_TPu4qQ

Yusss! Take that Chinner! I'm in the clique and you're not!

You read it wrong shorty. You're not in the clique, Chinner is.

...and listen to the new Korn record! ;)

Indeed! I didn't think anyone had paid attention to that.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Oh my god, I've just read the first few pages of the COD Ghosts PC specifications thread.

The specs can't be right, if they are then I'm going to curl up into a ball and cry.

Pc gamers thought their old rigs can handle next gen lol, It cracks me up. Glad I'm back into the social console gaming experience.

Mikeside

Pc gamers thought their old rigs can handle next gen lol, It cracks me up. Glad I'm back into the social console gaming experience.

My rig can handle next gen.
Well, the next year or so of it, anyway. Then it's time to pull my SSDs out and build a new rig.

Am very excited that my next PC will work with the NVIDIA SHIELD, or whatever future (hopefully better) device does all the awesome PC game streaming at the time.

SteveWD40

I think it's more that PC gamers thought they could handle COD, since that engine is ancient and previous games have run on xbox comparable settings at 30fps on integrated cards. I have seen people getting playable frames on Macbook Airs...

So to see it having higher requirements than BF4 might shake some people up, perhaps they are finally getting the PC port they have been begging for.

Doesn't bother me, since I am going either PS4 or WiiU this year.

What I tend to do with spiders is this.

I start with the glass and the bit of paper, trap them inside and whatnot. Usually this is the part where you throw the little fellow away. Not me.

What I do is I stick him in a little zip lock bag. See, your common house spider can survive without food or oxygen for months. And we get a lot of spiders inside the house and out, wolf spiders in particular like to make webs on the windows. So I catch them and introduce them to the bag. This goes on for a few months, at which point the bag has like 50 spiders in it.

Then, when the mood hits me, I get the bag and go to the bathroom. There, I strip naked and climb into the empty bathtub and, suspending the bag above myself and open the zip.

There's two kinds of orgasm. There's the first kind, which is mind blowing the first time but becomes fairly standard over time.

Then there's the "I'm covered in writhing, swarming arachnids" orgasm.

I should write more erotic fiction I'm really good at it

i4UEE49.gif

Mikeside

Yeah. Sod the lot, get a Microsoft Surface.

Was tempted to use Vita as the punchline but of course Dave is one of the three Vita owners and proud

I think the only people who don't love Vita are people who haven't tried one. And people who are wrong.
...and Sony :( :(

SteveWD40

Steve. Steve. Steve.

There's only one valid choice there.

I feel you, but consider this:

1. Off TV play / remote play is a must.
2. Remote play on the Vita adds £150 to the cost of the PS4
3. The vita as a controller won't cut it for COD (which I like to be fair)
4. I don't give a shit about COD DLC by and large
5. I love Mario and Monster Hunter
6. I don't have time for / care about most mulitplats

Between Mario 3D Land, MH3, Ghosts / Blops2 I wouldn't have time for much else. On top of the rumoured shortages of PS4's meaning I might have to wait until next year to get one...

It's a compelling argument.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

Between Mario 3D Land, MH3, Ghosts / Blops2 I wouldn't have time for much else. On top of the rumoured shortages of PS4's meaning I might have to wait until next year to get one...

Seems legit

I think it's more that PC gamers thought they could handle COD, since that engine is ancient and previous games have run on xbox comparable settings at 30fps on integrated cards. I have seen people getting playable frames on Macbook Airs...

So to see it having higher requirements than BF4 might shake some people up, perhaps they are finally getting the PC port they have been begging for.

Pretty much this, also I don't consider my rig old at all.

Mikeside

1 - Vita
2 - I guess I agree with you on this, but it's the price of a proper nextgen console with off-tv
3 - Vita will be fine for CoD as a portable experience. You're using the superior DS4 if you're playing on a TV. As much as I love the WiiU Pro Controller, the DS4 is kind of a big deal.
4 - I don't know what to say about this...
5 - Fair enough.
6 - Half of the games you listed are multiplats. Also Sony has amazing 1st party studios (arguably the best in the industry - certainly in my opinion)

Obviously, none of these are reasons NOT to own a WiiU (I love mine, even if I don't put enough time into it).

It's kind-of not fair to compare the WiiU to the other consoles. PS4 and XB1 are machines designed to play all-kinds of games from all-kinds of studios, which is what you'll do with a PS4/XB1 - 1st party, 3rd party, indie games, etc etc. It's all there.

WiiU's advantage, as I see it, is that you get to play Nintendo games. I don't really give a shit about getting 3rd party stuff on my WiiU, but there's nowhere else I'll be able to play Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, whatever Metroid game (they'd better fucking make one) gets released on it, new Mario and Zelda games etc.

I see Nintendo hardware as something I don't love, but something that enables me to play Nintendo games, which I DO love.

Reknoc

I'd go for the Wii U as well (well I guess I already did). PS4 is going to be great, and I'll definitely be getting one, but no time soon. I want to leave it a while, wait for a good few games to be available which aren't cross gen.

SKINNER!

Banned
I'd go for the Wii U as well (well I guess I already did). PS4 is going to be great, and I'll definitely be getting one, but no time soon. I want to leave it a while, wait for a good few games to be available which aren't cross gen.

That's what I'm doing. Wait until MGS5 comes out. By then Watchdogs should be dirt cheap and the PS4 should have at least 2 decent games under its belt. Would buy a Vita TV the second it comes out though.

afoni

Banned
That's what I'm doing. Wait until MGS5 comes out. By then Watchdogs should be dirt cheap and the PS4 should have at least 2 decent games under its belt. Would buy a Vita TV the second it comes out though.

It's going to be gimped and not play games properly because of the touch pad issue.

SmokyDave

I'm only messing with ya Steve. Get whichever works best for you.

Yeah. Sod the lot, get a Microsoft Surface.

Was tempted to use Vita as the punchline but of course Dave is one of the three Vita owners and proud
I bought my Vita a docking cradle. It's lovely. She's sitting there, waiting for Dragon's Crown to release on Friday. Sigh.

Chinner

Banned
The clique is now people how haven't been to meets, because there's less of you and you lot talk about it more.

Yusss! Take that Chinner! I'm in the clique and you're not!

But I've never been to the meets. I was sending Chinner in my place this whole time.

So Chinner stayed at my flat? Twice?? I'm not sure how I feel about this.

What if secretly Chinner is my ALT

How would you guys feel

YES

Ashamed of Chinner.
Proud of you.

Read my mind.

BhV4XnT.png

i'm rescuing greenscar from the clique of the south

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thing is, once you're used to the best gaming has to offer with Nintendo games there really is no need to bother with the scraps that third parties have to offer.

Well I suppose there are some occasions you'd want a Happy Meal instead of a three Michelin star meal, but those are very rare.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Guise, do you know the difference between a cold and a chest infection? I thought I had a cold but now I got that weird medically mucusy taste in my nose. Rilly don't want to be proper ill.

Afternoon off to play GTA, that's fine. Week off on antibiotics not being able to smoke, go fuck yourself.

think i'll pick up wonderful 101 on my lunch.

also none of you boobs have added me :(

add you to wat?

Reknoc

Guise, do you know the difference between a cold and a chest infection? I thought I had a cold but now I got that weird medically mucusy taste in my nose. Rilly don't want to be proper ill.

Afternoon off to play GTA, that's fine. Week off on antibiotics not being able to smoke, go fuck yourself.

add you to wat?

Wii U

SmokyDave

Thing is, once you're used to the best gaming has to offer with Nintendo games there really is no need to bother with the scraps that third parties have to offer.

Well I suppose there are some occasions you'd want a Happy Meal instead of a three Michelin star meal, but those are very rare.
Pffft. Nintendo consoles have the weakest libraries by far. A handful of decent exclusives doth not a library make.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Pffft. Nintendo consoles have the weakest libraries by far. A handful of decent exclusives doth not a library make.
Cos a Nintendo game is like a five course meal. After one you're satisfied. Don't want to get too stuffed.

Call of Duty on the other hand is a turkey twizzler. Only reason you'd get satisfaction from that is because you have no idea what fine dining is.

dropping in price is definitely something i associate with nintendo games.
Only the big names keep their high price. Nintendo's less popular titles drop in price just like any other. Poor Elite Beat Agent could be bought for £5. ;__;

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
But their quality of games are absurdly high.

I'd be happy to take a Nintendo console over any other anyday of the week.

Nintendo games are pretty good, but damn are they safe. They found a formula that works about 30 years ago, and they are not giving up on it. What's the newest Nintendo original IP?

That said, when Bayonetta 2 comes out I will be borrowing the shit out of Mikeside's Wii U. I'll make sure to thoroughly wipe it down after use.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.

Doesn't bother me, since I am going either PS4 or WiiU this year.

i4UEE49.gif

Any pc gamer knows all the nvidia physx stuff takes a great card. If your not maxing the game then there's no point in PC gaming.

Pc gamers be getting shafted.

Reknoc

Only the big names keep their high price. Nintendo's less popular titles drop in price just like any other. Poor Elite Beat Agent could be bought for £5. ;__;

different times. lylat wars for eg is still way too much despite no one caring about star fox anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom