• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokyDave

But their quality of games are absurdly high.

I'd be happy to take a Nintendo console over any other anyday of the week.
Ah man, it'd kill me. Pretty much all of my favourite games aren't on Nintendo consoles. I started to list them but then I realised it'd probably be quicker to say 'every decent game from the last twenty years'. So many huge franchises that you'd never get to play.

Their games are very polished though.

Seriously, just thinking about what series' have never appeared on a Nintendo system boggles my mind. There are entire genres (especially sim racers) that I'd have to give up. Fuck that.

Cos a Nintendo game is like a five course meal. After one you're satisfied. Don't want to get too stuffed.

Call of Duty on the other hand is a turkey twizzler. Only reason you'd get satisfaction from that is because you have no idea what fine dining is.
I'm not big on CoD to be honest, although CoD 4 was a fantastic game.

Mindwipe

BritGAF, i'm in Hackney.

BritGAF, Halp.

Hackney is a big place. Bits of it are very nice.

Bits of it aren't, obvs.

But it doesn't deserve it's reputation - I lived there for several years, and Shepherd's Bush for several years. Shepherd's Bush was a thousand times worse.

jimbor

Banned
Lots of great pubs and food shops there!

Indeed. Hackney lost it's edginess quite some time ago now. Obviously some bits are still rough.I went to see Chvrches in Hackney the other day and stopped off for a pre gig KFC and there was a pair of white middle class twats being very loud and obnoxious to the staff and a couple of other customers. Had me longing for the days when those kind of twats wouldn't last five seconds in that area.

Darren870

Indeed. Hackney lost it's edginess quite some time ago now. Obviously some bits are still rough.I went to see Chvrches in Hackney the other day and stopped off for a pre gig KFC and there was a pair of white middle class twats being very loud and obnoxious to the staff and a couple of other customers. Had me longing for the days when those kind of twats wouldn't last five seconds in that area.

The KFC in Dalston? Hahah...Dalston has some lovely character. I go to the gym above that KFC and shop at the markets around there.

Interesting place but probably not a place to be drunk and wondering around late at night.

NinjaBoiX

Mmm, Pats' carrot and coriander soup and a ciabatta roll for lunch. Almost as good as that stuff from Dalston Yard!

Not quite though. (Sorry pats!)

Darren, did you check out the Dalston Street Feast the other week? Twirly tache man burger was godly.
Nintendo games are pretty good, but damn are they safe. They found a formula that works about 30 years ago, and they are not giving up on it. What's the newest Nintendo original IP?

That said, when Bayonetta 2 comes out I will be borrowing the shit out of Mikeside's Wii U. I'll make sure to thoroughly wipe it down after use.
I still maintain than Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 are in my top games of all time. So well bolted together and just a fuckload of fun.

They're like the gaming equivalent of Pixar movies, you can't help but grin the whole time.

Bayonetta 2 looks rather splendid too. I spent so much time with the first one. (Pillow Talk still eludes me though, so hard!)

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
A gym above a KFC, that must really suck for bigger people trying to lose some weight.

Reknoc

Mmm, Pats' carrot and coriander soup and a ciabatta roll for lunch. Almost as good as that stuff from Dalston Yard!

Darren, did you check out the Dalston Street Feast the other week? Twirly tache man burger was godly.

I still maintain than Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 are in my top games of all time. So well bolted together and just a fuckload of fun.

They're like the gaming equivalent of Pixar movies, you can't help but grin the whole time.

Bayonetta 2 looks rather splendid too. I spent so much time with the first one. (Pillow Talk still eludes me though, so hard!)

handheld New Super Mario Bros. is the Cars of the Mario franchise

jimbor

Banned

Oh god, that fucking soup was amazing. Can't eat anything until I've got of my arse and gone for a run. Really not looking forward to that, will be surprised if I can do two miles in less than twenty minutes as haven't done any cardio for years. Looking forward to doing hill sprints on Parliament Hill after I've had a few runs to get back into the swing of things.

Edit:

The KFC in Dalston? Hahah...Dalston has some lovely character. I go to the gym above that KFC and shop at the markets around there.

Interesting place but probably not a place to be drunk and wondering around late at night.

Yep, it was the one in Dalston. So many hipster twats.

Darren870

Nah dude. You guys went on Saturday and it wasn't open on Sunday. Gutted as we wanted to go and get some grub after you all hyped it up to me. Was the last weekend too so looks like I've missed out.

I've wandered around Hackney drunk late at night on my own. I was perfectly fine.

Darren870

I've wandered around Hackney drunk late at night on my own. I was perfectly fine.

Plenty of fine parts. Broadway market area is really nice. Same with Shoreditch. However, up near Hackney Downs is a shit hole with plenty of gun and knife crime.

That's weird, it said it was open on Sunday too on the website?

Yea. I had checked the website and it said it was the last day. I took a walk up anyways but it was closed.

NinjaBoiX

Oh god, that fucking soup was amazing. Can't eat anything until I've got of my arse and gone for a run. Really not looking forward to that, will be surprised if I can do two miles in less than twenty minutes as haven't done any cardio for years. Looking forward to doing hill sprints on Parliament Hill after I've had a few runs to get back into the swing of things.
Yeah, I remember you mentioned the marathon a few days back. Good for you fella!

Cardio is a twat. Fuck you cardio.
Nah dude. You guys went on Saturday and it wasn't open on Sunday. Gutted as we wanted to go and get some grub after you all hyped it up to me. Was the last weekend too so looks like I've missed out.
Oh yeah, you were a bit ill too as I seem to remember. Shame man, I had a blast. Would do again, mos def.
It's the stern expression.

Rapists and muggers don't fuck with stern girls.

Plenty of fine parts. Broadway market area is really nice. Same with Shoreditch. However, up near Hackney Downs is a shit hole with plenty of gun and knife crime.

Yeah it was Hackney Downs, I think I was heading to the station.

It's the stern expression.

Rapists and muggers don't fuck with stern girls.

This is actually not far from the truth. If I'm on my own at night somewhere a bit iffy, I walk tall look straight ahead and try and look mean as hell. It seems to work so far.

SmokyDave

This is actually not far from the truth. If I'm on my own at night somewhere a bit iffy, I walk tall look straight ahead and try and look mean as hell. It seems to work so far.
I watched a weird documentary once where they showed videos of women walking down a street to convicted murderers and rapists. Some of the women had been victims of violent crimes and some hadn't. The convicts were eerily accurate at telling them apart just by the way they walked. I wish I could find it again, 'twas interesting.

Darren870

Cooler than if you'd actually attended the concert.

Oh I did! I had tickets for the seats but wanted the standing section so my friend and I tried to by tickets outside the show. Obviously it didn't work out well....

Least we had our seats though.

NinjaBoiX

I once bought fake Korn tickets from a scalper. Worst $100 I ever spent!
Does that make me cool?
"Hold on now, I'm choking,
Give me a second to collect myself,
You must be joking,
Otherwise I'm laughing to myself,

Why you here again?
Hold on a minute, let me check this out,
Your invitation's a fake,
Must be from a ticket tout,"

AlunaGeorge - Attracting Flies

I love her lyrics, especially with the pseudo-rap delivery. Such a fly girl; sexy, slinky, cool.

Cos a Nintendo game is like a five course meal. After one you're satisfied. Don't want to get too stuffed.

Call of Duty on the other hand is a turkey twizzler. Only reason you'd get satisfaction from that is because you have no idea what fine dining is.

Pfft. I love a good bit of fine dining but also there's always a time for a Maccy D.

Ah man I've got my "shit food craving" again

Pfft. I love a good bit of fine dining but also there's always a time for a Maccy D.

Ah man I've got my "shit food craving" again

I've had that bad the last few weeks, and I've been giving in to it too. 1-2 mcd's or kfc a week. Not good. This week I'm going to be strong.....

Normally I crumble with a takeaway. Dominos or a chinese. "Oh I've just been paid, I deserve a treat".

I've got a meeting in London next week. I normally put my McDs craving on a travel trip. Might do it then.

Normally I crumble with a takeaway. Dominos or a chinese. "Oh I've just been paid, I deserve a treat".

I've got a meeting in London next week. I normally put my McDs craving on a travel trip. Might do it then.

yeah weekends are bad for that, I can't be bothered to cook or we're busy and don't have time, whatever excuse can be made for getting a delicious foreign cuisine meal delivered hot straight to our door. It has to stop! At least being such a regular thing anyway. If I could cut down to 2 takeaways a month max, I'd be happy.

jimbor

Banned
yeah weekends are bad for that, I can't be bothered to cook or we're busy and don't have time, whatever excuse can be made for getting a delicious foreign cuisine meal delivered hot straight to our door. It has to stop! At least being such a regular thing anyway. If I could cut down to 2 takeaways a month max, I'd be happy.

That's why I mainly watch what I eat five days a week. The other two I tend to do what I want and am still losing a kg a week, although that stalled the past two weeks as I had four and three blowout days respectively.Back on the wagon now though.

Sometimes I feel guilty for eating pure shit most days and doing no excercise beside cycling to work and still maintaining the lanky-streak-of-piss physique.

By all rights I should be a fat shit.

jimbor

Banned
Yeah, I remember you mentioned the marathon a few days back. Good for you fella!

Cardio is a twat. Fuck you cardio.

3.48km (almost two and a quarter miles) in 17m30s, not as bad I was expecting. Could've done more but thought it best to err on the side of caution but at least it bodes well.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Sometimes I feel guilty for eating pure shit most days and doing no excercise beside cycling to work and still maintaining the lanky-streak-of-piss physique.

By all rights I should be a fat shit.
Just remember, our arteries and shit are just as fucked up on the inside. Also I've been told high metabolism is on a ticking clock. Watch, when we hit 30 we'll have no idea of self-control when it comes to food and turn into fat fucks.

I've been trying to eat relatively healthy since summer for that reason. Working pretty well considering the girlfriend makes a lot of kale smoothies and stuff like that. I only get to eat bad once a week, usually on the sly at work.

jimbor

Banned
Just remember, our arteries and shit are just as fucked up on the inside. Also I've been told high metabolism is on a ticking clock. Watch, when we hit 30 we'll have no idea of self-control when it comes to food and turn into fat fucks.

I've been trying to eat relatively healthy since summer for that reason. Working pretty well considering the girlfriend makes a lot of kale smoothies and stuff like that. I only get to eat bad once a week, usually on the sly at work.

Post thirty metabolism is a joke.

Chinner

Banned
so got an interview tomorrow. obviously going to wear a shirt and tie, do you think a blazer is totally needed? i think they're a little old and not unnecessary, but i'm not the interviewer.

Olliewilldie

Neo Member
If I had a steady income at the moment, I definitely would have. Unfortunately, I'm basically living off my redundancy so am going to have to let the opportunity pass.

Yea fair enough, sounds like a sensible move.

I actually got a free pass from my gf to spend all our savings on this but I bottled it :/ I have done a significant amount and hopefully should be able to flip it quickly next week for a tidy profit.

so got an interview tomorrow. obviously going to wear a shirt and tie, do you think a blazer is totally needed? i think they're a little old and not unnecessary, but i'm not the interviewer.

Depends what the interview is for. Shirt and tie is appropriate for most things so long as the tie isn't too funky.

They say you should always be yourself in an interview but I'm not 100% on this in your case Chinner

Chinner

Banned
Depends what the interview is for. Shirt and tie is appropriate for most things so long as the tie isn't too funky.

They say you should always be yourself in an interview but I'm not 100% on this in your case Chinner

kiNgmGu.jpg

NinjaBoiX

Some people really hate Dave, huh.

Madness, really.
Deets.
I'd say the blazer isn't strictly needed. Wear ladies slacks though.

Good luck man!
Wise man. The real kicker is having to eat less calories just to maintain, never mind all the crap food.
That soup and bun was apparently wholly insufficient.

I just had a greasy square from Greggs.

I regretted it immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom