• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Lots of good people banned in that thread. People catch feelings when talking about bans, unsurprisingly lots of salt still stored up from such things. Seems like Dave was simply being a bit cheeky and got caught in the crossfire.

Hope he is back soon.

Seanspeed got banned too recently though i don't know how recently.

It seems fairly common for both parties in an argument that gets too hot getting banned.

Hystzen

interesting day at work , sat in canteen at 6:30am who drops onto my table the cute girl who watched me throw up into a bin.

Who knew throwing up can be a good way to break the ice keep talking on our breaks even gave me her number so can travel to work together.

tumblr_mjdp1iUBuH1re6hcko2_500.gif

NinjaBoiX

Lots of good people banned in that thread. People catch feelings when talking about bans, unsurprisingly lots of salt still stored up from such things. Seems like Dave was simply being a bit cheeky and got caught in the crossfire.

Hope he is back soon.
That dude brought his missus and the bambino into it.

Just no. Shitty move.

See you in a few weeks Dave, peace brother.

It seems fairly common for both parties in an argument that gets too hot getting banned.
Aww, Sean is cool. Sucks.
interesting day at work , sat in canteen at 6:30am who drops onto my table the cute girl who watched me throw up into a bin.

Who knew throwing up can be a good way to break the ice keep talking on our breaks even gave me her number so can travel to work together.

tumblr_mjdp1iUBuH1re6hcko2_500.gif
OFf4ivi.gif

Although this may mean she's into weird vomit sex. Think you can handle that?

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Banning all the premium posters ruins the ruins a forum experience. It's going to be a long week.

SteveWD40

Yup, that one I caught a month or two back was the same thing. I think mods don't like to look like they are taking sides / validating one point so they just ban both parties.

That was 3 days, Dave won't be gone long.

Was well bored at the end of the working day, so I made a new avatar. Sticking with the Stella from FFvXII/FFXV theme. I think this is new Stella though, not old design Stella.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Was well bored at the end of the working day, so I made a new avatar. Sticking with the Stella from FFvXII/FFXV theme. I think this is new Stella though, not old design Stella.
Whoa didn't realize Kagari was part of BritGAF. Welcome!

I like it.

So have you decided to come back to Gaf for good or is this a fly by visit?

Didn't realised Sean was banned. He's good people (sexy accent too), hope it's not perma and he's back soon.

I've asked Dave how long the ban's for but he's not answered me yet.

I like it.

Didn't realised Sean was banned. He's good people (sexy accent too), hope it's not perma and he's back soon.

I've been dipping my toes into off topic for a few days, the mods seem to have a better handle on the gaming side too, but I'm still not going to venture there too often until the new generation starts fully and the MS astroturfers leave for good.

Plus, I'm really bored at work. Loads to do but none of it interests me. Counting down the days to the weekend so I can get wasted. Also booked a weekend away for my gf's birthday to Napoli, need to get away from the monotony of work.

I've been dipping my toes into off topic for a few days, the mods seem to have a better handle on the gaming side too, but I'm still not going to venture there too often until the new generation starts fully and the MS astroturfers leave for good.

Plus, I'm really bored at work. Loads to do but none of it interests me. Counting down the days to the weekend so I can get wasted. Also booked a weekend away for my gf's birthday to Napoli, need to get away from the monotony of work.

Nice dude! Is that a surprise or does she know?

You decided what you're going to do about work yet then?

Oh and Dave's ban is just a week, it'll fly by and he'll be back before we know it.

f0rk

so got an interview tomorrow. obviously going to wear a shirt and tie, do you think a blazer is totally needed? i think they're a little old and not unnecessary, but i'm not the interviewer.
Wear a suit, wearing a tie and no blazer is weird

Nice dude! Is that a surprise or does she know?

You decided what you're going to do about work yet then?

Oh and Dave's ban is just a week, it'll fly by and he'll be back before we know it.

Well I picked the destination, but I think she will like it as well, a friend of mine went there recently and said it was like going back in time to Europe in the 70s when street vendors were commonplace and everything was much more personal than now, he said that chains were difficult to find there.

As for work, I've been approved for a sabbatical starting in April 2014 for 12 months. It was that or I would quit, so they gave it to me in the end, I can't wait for it tbh, already planning what to do. Thinking of going travelling again, South America, New Zealand, and the parts of Asia I haven't been to yet are pretty high up the list right now. I also want to go back to China, my gf is up for 4 months after she finishes her masters in May and before she starts her doctorate in October so we'll probably go to Asia first and then I'll go it alone in South America and then I'll hit New Zealand in their summer from December. Can't wait!

jimbor

Banned
Well I picked the destination, but I think she will like it as well, a friend of mine went there recently and said it was like going back in time to Europe in the 70s when street vendors were commonplace and everything was much more personal than now, he said that chains were difficult to find there.

As for work, I've been approved for a sabbatical starting in April 2014 for 12 months. It was that or I would quit, so they gave it to me in the end, I can't wait for it tbh, already planning what to do. Thinking of going travelling again, South America, New Zealand, and the parts of Asia I haven't been to yet are pretty high up the list right now. I also want to go back to China, my gf is up for 4 months after she finishes her masters in May and before she starts her doctorate in October so we'll probably go to Asia first and then I'll go it alone in South America and then I'll hit New Zealand in their summer from December. Can't wait!

So jealous but that'll be me in a few years so it's not so bad.

NinjaBoiX

Jelly as hell.

Sounds amazing man!

Popping the question to the gf in 3 days and 19 hours...
Good stuff Steve!

Mikeside

I like it.

Sean that we were helping get back safe & sound at the very end of last week?
That guy is a fucking legend and I never get the chance to have a good old natter with him at meets. He'd better be at the next one so I can rectify this.

I'm so pleased you got the sabbatical, and April isn't that far away at all! Well done dude, you're going to have some awesome adventures. I look forward to hearing all about them and living vicariously through you as I'll never get to do that myself.

Popping the question to the gf in 3 days and 19 hours...

Whaaa??? Does she know? Does she read Gaf?

Sean that we were helping get back safe & sound at the very end of last week?
That guy is a fucking legend and I never get the chance to have a good old natter with him at meets. He'd better be at the next one so I can rectify this.

Yeah that Sean. I kept asking him to say "y'all" over and over again. Dat Virginia twang.....

Yup, I doubt she Gaf-stalks me, but just in case I will save the details for later (I think she suspects the proposal itself is coming, since this is the first time in 5 years I have taken her away and not said where...).

Ah ok cool. Let us know how it goes!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I know I have said I need to get a new television for about a year now, but I finally have one. And no, it is not a 50" Panasonic Plasma, because, unlike the rest of TV owning GAF, I do not live in the Taj Mahal.

Mikeside

good luck. are you doing it in alton towers? my gf keeps dropping hints disguised as jokes. IT AINT HAPPENING.

Ugghhh, my ex used to 'joke' about me proposing all the time.
All it does is make things more awkward every day until it's very difficult to not turn around and say "maybe I would propose if there was ANY kind of future in this relationship????"

The more I think about it, the less I miss being in one.

Not trying to knock your girlfriend, Chinduck, I'm sure your relationship is much more stable and fulfilling than mine was.

Danj

So this week I've got the week off work. Day 1 (yesterday) was Procrastination Day, I lounged around in my dressing gown and played FF14 all day. Day 2, today, I tidied up a bit and made a start on putting my bookcase back together. This kind of stalled part way as it really needs 2 people for some parts so I am gonna see if I can get someone to come round and help out - probably won't be today though.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Well I know I have said I need to get a new television for about a year now, but I finally have one. And no, it is not a 50" Panasonic Plasma, because, unlike the rest of TV owning GAF, I do not live in the Taj Mahal.
I'm pretty happy with my relatively cheap 32" HDTV. That's just the way it is. Ever since BritGAF posted their ridiculous battlestations I've learned that I live pretty frugally, making responsible purchases instead of going all out on technology.

#notjealous

Mikeside

I'm just using a 23" monitor for my PC, WiiU and PS3.
Would be nice to get a 32" or something, but I've never really cared about having a massive TV

I'm pretty happy with my relatively cheap 32" HDTV. That's just the way it is. Ever since BritGAF posted their ridiculous battlestations I've learned that I live pretty frugally, making responsible purchases instead of going all out on technology.

#notjealous

Where's the fun in that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom