• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
radiohead? you mean that band for hipsters who are too lazy to be pretencious?

I prefer GOOD music
yfDthx5.jpg

NinjaBoiX

There are an awful lot of Radiohead fans in BritGaf.

I think I listened to an album of theirs once.

I really like that Creep song though.
I see what you did there Soturi.

I think you could dig Electioneering from OK Computer, it's a proper full blown, no messing about rock song:

Radiohead - Electioneering
My favourite track of theirs. So much pace and energy!

muse do radiohead better than radiohead
Muse were good, but since Origin of Symmetry they suck massive balls.

Radiohead were good, then they got better. Then a bit weird. Then better again.

Muse are just too much with the drama. I can't get away with Matt Bellamy's operatic voice.

I say this but I just finished Watamote which I found amusing. It really is a black comedy and I hope no one takes it as anything but that because that girl's life is a fucking train-wreck. People like to make fun of the generic gaffer for being socially stunted, but I doubt there is anyone really as bad as Tomoko.

Right?

I'm halfway through Watamote. Speaking as someone whose anime knowledge is, shall we say limited, it's enjoyable in a cringe comedy sort of way. If anything it's like The Office.

It's a tough watch, hits home pretty hard tbh, but I don't think I was ever quite as bad as Tomoko. Not quite.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I see what you did there Soturi.

I think you could dig Electioneering from OK Computer, it's a proper full blown, no messing about rock song:

Radiohead - Electioneering
My favourite track of theirs. So much pace and energy!

Musha doesn't like Radiohead because they haven't got enough plaited beards and drop C tunings for her tastes.

SICK BURN.

(I love you guys, I upset EVERYONE in that other thread, it was anti-glorious)

jimbor

Banned
Musha doesn't like Radiohead because they haven't got enough plaited beards and drop C tunings for her tastes.

SICK BURN.

I can't believe you got neogafshitposted for that. Jackben's Radiohead list yes, your Pokemon post? No fucking way.

Chinner

Banned
and then the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, v

and then the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, v

Copy and paste yeah?

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
10 hours spent on gta online today. I feel 15 again. Bought a 30 grand gaf at peleto bay.

Should get this job on Wednesday or il end up with a serious gaming addiction on my hands. Some tense moments with the lads on a mission if your the last cunt alive.

Hopefully I don't lose my guy again. Dude's a ghetto superstar, straight up Gangsta.

mxdy6w6cm7dvg2l38hsg.jpg

SuperSah

Banned
10 hours spent on gta online today. I feel 15 again. Bought a 30 grand gaf at peleto bay.

Should get this job on Wednesday or il end up with a serious gaming addiction on my hands. Some tense moments with the lads on a mission if your the last cunt alive.

Hopefully I don't lose my guy again. Dude's a ghetto superstar, straight up Gangsta.

mxdy6w6cm7dvg2l38hsg.jpg

Edit: Excuse double post.

I really wish I had XBL to try out GTA Online. Kind of sucks being stuck to offline only.

Getting Avast yelling at me about this page, someone's picture is fucked. Sort it out yeah.

edit: it's from imageupload.co.uk, so presumably one of you lot just fell out of a cave and haven't heard of imgur

editedit: KENTPAUL it's yours, get rid

I can't believe you got neogafshitposted for that. Jackben's Radiohead list yes, your Pokemon post? No fucking way.

I just read that. It's a pretty awful post, in fairness. Can't even tell if it's a troll or not.

Jedeye pls.

Chinner

Banned
i dont think ive been on a neogafshitpost.... but i dont pay attention to twitter although garry whitta has unwittingly twittered one of my posts - was quite excellent

jimbor

Banned
Getting Avast yelling at me about this page, someone's picture is fucked. Sort it out yeah.

edit: it's from imageupload.co.uk, so presumably one of you lot just fell out of a cave and haven't heard of imgur

I just read that. It's a pretty awful post, in fairness. Can't even tell if it's a troll or not.

Jedeye pls.

I know. Hail to the Thief above the Bends is crazy talk.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan

Yeah I get it too.

SICK BURN.

This guy knows me well. I honestly don't mind Radiohead, OK Computer is a pretty decent album, I just can't get too excited about them.

Now Korn on the other hand, so damn excited for the new album, out tomorrow guys!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Jedeye pls.

No troll, I don't like it or the fandom around it. Everything about it rubs me the wrong way. The funny pics thread has made me hate it even more over the years.

Sowwy!

Chinner

Banned
pokemon is basically like any other nintendo franchise. somewhat wasted by how unimaginative and safe tnintendo develops the series. the fans are typical like any other nintendo franchise - stubborn to change and willing to defend the archaic.

Reknoc

pokemon is basically like any other nintendo franchise. somewhat wasted by how unimaginative and safe tnintendo develops the series. the fans are typical like any other nintendo franchise - stubborn to change and willing to defend the archaic.

It's good to have a company that plays it safe. I play CAPCOM and Square-Enix games, so I have more than enough options if I want to play franchises as they get flushed down the toilet.

No troll, I don't like it or the fandom around it. Everything about it rubs me the wrong way. The funny pics thread has made me hate it even more over the years.

Sowwy!

"If you can name any post 150 Pokemon then you need to take a long hard look at your life."

You can't even begin to comprehend how much this pisses me off. Fuck your sorry.

Hystzen

It's good to have a company that plays it safe. I play CAPCOM and Square-Enix games, so I have more than enough options if I want to play franchises as they get flushed down the toilet.

nobody beats SE or Capcom at fucking up a loved series

NinjaBoiX

"If you can name any post 150 Pokemon then you need to take a long hard look at your life."

You can't even begin to comprehend how much this pisses me off. Fuck your sorry.
Yeah, I agree. Sorry Jed, I agree with most of what you said about the franchise itself, not that I'm an expert, but it got a bit catty TBH!

Don't get me wrong, we all rip the piss out of stuff we think is lame, but the criticism should remain objective. Don't make it personal man! Unless it's with your buddies, we can take it on the chin. ;)

But Jed issued a heartfelt apology in the thread guys. He's sorry and has seen the error of his ways.
Gonna go on a whim and ask if anyone has any XBL trial codes?

I'd like to try out GTAV at least once. =P
Check your PM's chief. 14 day code for you. Don't use it all at once.

Mikeside

Just a super bizarre song to get down to. The only thing weirder would be listening to Weird Al while getting a blowjob.

Also your first place is a cop out. Also surprised you put King of Limbs so high. But otherwise that's a pretty solid list, if a little harsh on Hail to the Thief.

First place is a cop out? Those albums are fantasticcccc

I guess I'd put In Rainbows above OK if I had to, but it hurts.

I guess harsh on HttT, but I still love it.

Mikeside

Hail to the Thief.
OK Computer.
The Bends.
Kid A.
The King of Limbs.
In Rainbows.
Amnesiac.
Pablo Honey.

Although to be fair, I only really loved the top 3. The rest range from 'eh, I guess' to 'ugh, please make another OK Computer :('.

I'll refer you to In Rainbows to answer that question.

...OK that's not really fair, there's no butt-kicking moments on In Rainbows like there are on OKC

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
First place is a cop out? Those albums are fantasticcccc

I guess I'd put In Rainbows above OK if I had to, but it hurts.

I guess harsh on HttT, but I still love it.
Yeah I love each of them in their own ways. A wise man once told me different albums fit different moods which really is the case. Almost every one has something to appreciate.

Chinner

Banned
HTTT is good. it gets a little bit too much shit i think. it's just too long. its kinda ironic considering most of radioheads recent albums are just too short like king of limbs which is really underdeveloped in its themes. but HTTT has some really good songs in it and it's nice to see them encompassing their previous styles, it just needs trimming down and a few of the weaker songs cutting out.

Reknoc

theres a big ass spider on the door frame to the coal shed where my freezer and fridge is trying to get a drink is like trying to defuse a bomb or something. Hold my breath and carefully go in and not to alert it.

Chinner

Banned
you can either get like a shoe and smash, or just put a glass on top it, then glide a piece of paper underneither so youve got it contained and throw it out the ront door

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah, I agree. Sorry Jed, I agree with most of what you said about the franchise itself, not that I'm an expert, but it got a bit catty TBH!

Don't get me wrong, we all rip the piss out of stuff we think is lame, but the criticism should remain objective. Don't make it personal man! Unless it's with your buddies, we can take it on the chin. ;)

But Jed issued a heartfelt apology in the thread guys. He's sorry and has seen the error of his ways.

Check your PM's chief. 14 day code for you. Don't use it all at once.

I honestly don't think I was being personal. Anyone who can't see that by that point the rant had reached fever pitch and I was just piling absurd bullshit on top of it has the reading comprehension of a framecounter. Is there no room for rhetoric bullshit on the Internet??

And tbh, after my grandstanding opener, I calmed down a bit and engaged with what people were saying. But people do not react at all well when you take a big runny shit all over their childhoods it seems!

I still maintain it wasn't personal, it was general bile directed at an amorphous group of fans, who gives a shit? We've all had worse directed at us personally in our lives. I am a bit sad they didn't have more fight in them though, it wasn't particularly fun when they don't even defend it properly. It's like picking puppies. But yeah, wrong thread, wrong tone. Uh oh now people don't like me. WHatever shall I do??

I figure, if I'm going to be a dick, I might as well be a dick on purpose.

Reknoc

you can either get like a shoe and smash, or just put a glass on top it, then glide a piece of paper underneither so youve got it contained and throw it out the ront door

no way what if i miss and it falls to the ground running around in confusing. gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

anyway its moved away to above the door now so out of sight out of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom