• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

NEW PAGE, NEW PLUG:

BritGAF Secret Santa!
Send me a PM by the end of October to join in - £10 suggested spending

Gift Ideas:
Dragon dildo (XXL)
Used love pillow (complete with fleshlight attachment)
A Christmas meal with NeoGAF Celebrity, Chinner™
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City on PC
£10 HMV voucher
Box of ladybugs

Awwww shit, not from the Rhino right? xD Take her for some burritos mang. Or if she's into steak, hit up La Vaca. Dem steaks are so good.

Nope, I went for a drink with a girl who works at the hotel we keep staying at after we got chatting & she wants to take me out for dinner in Sheffield next time I'm there (meant to be next week but it's been delayed)

I'm looking forward to it, especially as there's no possible way I can turn it into more than it is - a nice meal or two, some drinks and (as Tash would so eloquently put it) hopefully a bit of smashing in.

If you're about tomorrow afternoon it might be fun to either skype or maybe meet up IRL - talk about some nano shit and whatnot. We could even multitask and play gta at the same time :p

Yeah, 'mup for dat.
Free all day until about 6:30. Shall I just pop to yours? What time, broseph?

aww boo Mike! You never told me that on Wednesday night! Still, take that Chinner!

Ahhh, I thought you knew! I was talking about it in WhatsApp, but that must've been before you joined in!
As above, though - she's cute & a bit awkward which is basically my recipe for attraction.

It's not November...

Ahhh, is this not a long-term thing, then?

So it turns out I'm missing the Xmas GAF meet. Shit :(

This means we def have to get a November NaNo mini meet on the go :p

You've angered me. I hope you're happy.
What's so important???

Does this mean you'll come to North-meet or Scot-meet to make up for your sins?

Jordan

Ahhh, is this not a long-term thing, then?

Nah, one off for time being. It's basically nobody likes doing the early but occasionally people will be doing gigs or magic tournaments - so I end up with the late shift when people are busy. Might have it next Friday as well, haven't seen yet.

Nope, I went for a drink with a girl who works at the hotel we keep staying at after we got chatting & she wants to take me out for dinner in Sheffield next time I'm there (meant to be next week but it's been delayed)

I'm looking forward to it, especially as there's no possible way I can turn it into more than it is - a nice meal or two, some drinks and (as Tash would so eloquently put it) hopefully a bit of smashing in.

Nice. Take her to the Rhino after drinks. xD

I just wiki'ed "secret Santa". Man, that is complicated.

There are various traditions and ways in which a "Secret Santa" is run. In some variations, as Christmas approaches, names of participants are placed in a hat, and participants draw the name of a person for whom to buy a gift. Along with name submission, each participant may also submit a short wish-list of items from which the gift-giver can choose. There is often a strict limit to how much can be spent on the present. Presents are then exchanged anonymously. Many schools and offices do this at Christmas time, often as a cost-saving effort. It usually takes place prior to Christmas because the office and school settings require it. Sometimes people leave hints in cards on desks, others create other special ways to make themselves known.

Often, the gift-getting is practiced with all the presents being placed on a table, marked with the name of the receiver but not the giver. Sometimes the gift-giver will personally give the recipient the present, thereby revealing their identity. Some groups may choose to donate the money they saved on presents to charity.

That Dec 7th meet up seems doable.

Mikeside

Mike, your dating worries are over, Miranda Kerr is single again!

You're a mean drunk, zomg. Plus sharp knees and all that.

Sweet! Shall we say around 2pm?

Yeah boi. I'll try to bring some actual ideas beyond "mostly wing it"

I just wiki'ed "secret Santa". Man, that is complicated.

That Dec 7th meet up seems doable.

All I'm going to do is get everyone's email addresses (and actual addresses), put them into a random generator which will match people up & we'll buy prezzies ahoy!
Fancy it?

Glad you're thinking of coming for the christmas meetup!
Take that, Jed! We don't need you no more.

All I'm going to do is get everyone's email addresses (and actual addresses), put them into a random generator which will match people up & we'll buy prezzies ahoy!
Fancy it?

Glad you're thinking of coming for the christmas meetup!
Take that, Jed! We don't need you no more.

Nah it's ok, if I can come to the meet up that would be enough of a present :)

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
STOP THE PRESSES

The guy's pretty cool, he loves gaming, music and is a drama graduate he's a bit of a geek and invited me to come along and try out DnD with his buddies who I met last night, think I might give it a go!

He talked about maybe bringing friends back here having little get togethers and stuff!
Glad to hear it Tash, guy sounds great. Let me know if you want I can send you some materials to read up on unless you'd rather just go in blind (which is probably more fun).
aOQXdRa.jpg

I trust all our Halloween costumes arrived in the post today.
I can't tell which is better, that costume or your avatar. I can feel bearded Luigi staring at my soul.

Mikeside

I wouldn't be an epic thursday if one of the wasn't!

Wait, when's the Dec meet again? The 7th? I'll be in LA/Vegas on vacation then. :S

Blame Musha, then. Looks like I'm getting all the donkey show love until next year.

Haha. Need that 4chan picture...

This is exactly why we have our secret society of off-GAF posting. Link me up, buttercup.

Nah it's ok, if I can come to the meet up that would be enough of a present :)

Your present is your presence. Love it.

Marc

I do have a Vita - but I'm IT support so I just browse the internet when it gets quiet. Quite pleasant :) I could also go home as I only live around the corner but I don't wanna risk it with traffic.

Ah cool, yeah I did the same but I started getting bored of it. Especially since most of the good sites are blocked (gaming, football, fantasy leagues etc.). Leaving me with the Daily Mail to laugh myself silly at, although the novelty wore off and just depresses me now.

Did a GIF in the gaming section and just found out I got it seen by one of the Sony guys (shahid) I put in it. Happy with that. :)

https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/status/393111868912701441

My GAF/GIF life starts here.

Milchjon

Hey Brits, don't you think your government doing industrial espionage in fucking Italy is above all a total embarrassment? Aren't there better countries to spy on for that kind of stuff?

:p

Hey Brits, don't you think your government doing industrial espionage in fucking Italy is above all a total embarrassment? Aren't there better countries to spy on for that kind of stuff?

I don't follow the news
since it's kind of bad for you mentally
, but what was bad about that and what was it for?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

I think it's rather naive to assume there aren't corporate espionage programs active in most of the major nations around the world. Everybody tryin' to steal from everybody out there. I tried searching and don't see the link to British government though I wouldn't put it pass most of western democracy. Capitalism is the one true king.

Milchjon

I don't follow the news

I've only found a source in German so far. Basically, the GCHQ was instructed to use their Tempora program not only to look for political and security-related stuff, but also for things that "benefit the British economy".

It mostly made me chuckle because I'm German and feel the need to be an asshole whenever it comes to the Italians and French ;-)

I've only found a source in German so far. Basically, the GCHQ was instructed to use their Tempora program not only to look for political and security-related stuff, but also for things that "benefit the British economy".

It mostly made me chuckle because I'm German and feel the need to be an asshole whenever it comes to the Italians and French ;-)

So essentially, our spies are spying? Hmm, not sure I see the big deal. If the Italians, French and Germans aren't spying on us then that's their problem.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I could not give two shits, my fine foreign friend. I'm sure they're spying on us too.

I don't follow the news

You have the right idea man, the news is bad for you.

Milchjon

So essentially, our spies are spying? Hmm, not sure I see the big deal. If the Italians, French and Germans aren't spying on us then that's their problem.

That's an extremely cynical view IMO. Just because it's "my guys" doing it doesn't make it right.

And yes, I'm completely sure other countries do all kinds of shady shit, including my own. Doesn't mean I approve of it.

You really gotta change your avatar back zomg, I keep thinking you're Kagari.

You'll get used to it!

That's an extremely cynical view IMO. Just because it's "my guys" doing it doesn't make it right.

And yes, I'm completely sure other countries do all kinds of shady shit, including my own. Doesn't mean I approve of it.

Well I approve of it, there's the difference I suppose. If we're paying GCHQ billions to spy, then I want them to spy. In a cut throat world every nation needs to gain a tactical advantage over others in terms of business, intelligence, and military power. If the government didn't do this then it would be negligent. If European governments don't have these kinds of programmes then they are not serving their population properly. The British government answers to the British people, not the German, French or Italian people/politicians.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

What's wrong with spying though? If every gov is doing it then it means there is some degree of transparency to the system. It's how espionage is meant to work, I don't even think it's malicious.

It's not like we don't know they're self interested fuckheads anyway. Gov shadyness should surprise no-one.

SKINNER!

Banned
Goddamn semi-nude Tom Brady and his shit-eating grin trying to ruin our friday vibe. Look, we got James Bond and you guys ain't got shit. Check...mate.

Ahhh, I thought you knew! I was talking about it in WhatsApp, but that must've been before you joined in!
As above, though - she's cute & a bit awkward which is basically my recipe for attraction.

I didn't but hey! That's great man :D

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Cold and frost causing the bones in fingers and legs to ache; Heat inside evaporating all moisture making skin itchy and dry; Sky dark when you go to work/school, dark again by the time you get out;. Trapped inside just to keep warm; Time of year where family decides to remember you exist and bug you about shit near constantly.

Fuck winter is so depressing.

Mikeside

Westy gig :(

Fair enough, I guess but that doesn't answer the other 2 questions. :p

Not really, as above, everyone's balls deep in the industrial espionage game at this point, I don't see why we should be any different.

This reminds me, I need to own Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. I love that movie, brooding period spy paranoia, lovely cinematography and performances.

tinker-tailor-soldier-spy-whysoblu.com-8.jpg

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Fair enough, I guess but that doesn't answer the other 2 questions. :p

Not really, as above, everyone's balls deep in the industrial espionage game at this point, I don't see why we should be any different.

I am delighted that I've angered you and I am very much planning on coming to northmeet. And that island thing too!

Actually quite gutted in missing the meet, although now I realise that we're recording the next day it's prob for the best.

poshclown

Neo Member
Oh how I adore the First Capital Connect train service, filled with the delights of society. But... I'm at Byron tonight so it's worth it.

Is it acceptable for a relatively new person to join the secret santa? Buying random silly gifts is my favourite thing after gifts for myself.

Mikeside

Oh how I adore the First Capital Connect train service, filled with the delights of society. But... I'm at Byron tonight so it's worth it.

Is it acceptable for a relatively new person to join the secret santa? Buying random silly gifts is my favourite thing after gifts for myself.

Everyone's welcome, buddy :)

I'm about to go to Jedeye's gig. I'll even try to take some photos this time.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

We've never done it before so no one knows what will happen. I see no reason not to join in on the excitement/horror.

SKINNER!

Banned
Goddammit, if I see one more fb post about that goddamn Russell Brand interview on my fb feed with some BS comments like "This man speaks for the people!" or "He needs to be our PM!"... Jeez. The guy who fucked Bob Geldof's daughter runs his mouth about a revolution and suddenly everyone's into politics. What next? Ant and Dec calling for an intifada on Saturday Night Takeaway? Yeah! That'll get the people rallied up for change! *sigh*

poshclown

Neo Member
Goddammit, if I see one more fb post about that goddamn Russell Brand interview on my fb feed with some BS comments like "This man speaks for the people!" or "He needs to be our PM!"... Jeez. The guy who fucked Bob Geldof's daughter runs his mouth about a revolution and suddenly everyone's into politics. What next? Ant and Dec calling for an intifada on Saturday Night Takeaway? Yeah! That'll get the people rallied up for change! *sigh*

Been over a day since I watched, but wasn't his manifesto essentially "revolution, then dunno"

I'm sat on a train playing a game called "Stay awake and get home, or wake up in Edinburgh".

Mikeside

Been over a day since I watched, but wasn't his manifesto essentially "revolution, then dunno"

I'm sat on a train playing a game called "Stay awake and get home, or wake up in Edinburgh".

Let me know if you figure out how to beat the final boss - other people's incredibly dull conversations and the rhythym of the train lulling you to sleep

You have my every sympathy, I play a similar game on my 1hr 30mins commute to work for a new job...problem for me is I drive so its 'Stay awake and get home (/to work), or don't wake up.'

poshclown

Neo Member
Let me know if you figure out how to beat the final boss - other people's incredibly dull conversations and the rhythym of the train lulling you to sleep

Like all good tales I had a moment of self doubt and nearly succumbed half way. However I played Probot loud and entertained myself by giving people on the train backstories.

You have my every sympathy, I play a similar game on my 1hr 30mins commute to work for a new job...problem for me is I drive so its 'Stay awake and get home (/to work), or don't wake up.'

That's just hardcore mode.

It's like, I appreciate the mentality of disliking the system or the majority of our current political class... fair enough. Though the whole don't vote/just don't care mentality... you can want bigger change AND engage with the current system (and help make this less worse) at the same time. Not mutually exclusive.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It's like, I appreciate the mentality of disliking the system or the majority of our current political class... fair enough. Though the whole don't vote/just don't care mentality... you can want bigger change AND engage with the current system (and help make this less worse) at the same time. Not mutually exclusive.

Please give examples of how I can improve politics by voting for a cunt in a suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom