• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
There is? Let's not forget the powerhouse that is Gillingham FC! (not a fan, in case you ask)

Hahaha! Let's not be too hasty.

There is indeed... well, depending on your tastes. The Singapora in Rochester has a lot going on (even if it is the world's smallest venue); Tap N Tin occasionally has some neat stuff since it reopened. There's also a pub in Gillingham, the Beacon Court, that has the occasional good band... unfortunately, it's mostly tribute acts... (I... uh... got barred from there though).

Medway is low on decent venues but high on talent. Just look out for Motherboy and TEA promotions, they usually put on all sorts of weird and unusual rock/noise/avant garde stuff.

Some bands I can think of: Hand of Stabs, Pity Party, whitedevilwhitedevil, Up C Down C, Billy Childish, Feed the Rhino... loads.

SKINNER!

Banned
To the individual who edited those 20 minute long Manga Entertainment preview clips that play at the beginning of every VHS/DVD back in the 90s/early 00s: Constant 2 second flash cuts coupled with flickering images, generic fast rock/metal music, scrolling text with generic MS Word font and no voiceover explaining the plot? I don't know who you are but you're a goddamn genius. I hope you got paid well for doing those trailers.

Slowdive

Banned
Sorry.

kYtcfY7.jpg

Haha oh my god.

NME living up to their janky shit reputation with this 500 Greatest Albums list.

Yeah it's really bad. The top ten is typical NME.

Marc

Just read back a fair few pages, you lot are hilarious. Starting to think the community section is the best bit of the site.

Welcome!

My condolences

Odd combination, but cudos for NIN

Thanks very much! :)

Well it depends where abouts, but yes and thank you.

I was going to put Chopin down as well but didn't want to blow too many minds with an intro post.

Welcome Marc! Love your avatar, your Ant & Dec answer and NIN are awesome; I appreciated Ilan Rubin slumming it with Paramore on their last record. He must be a nice guy!

Cheers, to be honest about my musical tastes I am very abnormal... it is rare that I like a whole album so I tend to flitter about from song to song. Pretty randomly, even my listening habits, I mostly throw a bunch of songs together (to listen to death usually). For example got a playlist for the train today of:

Howard Shore - The Bridge
Adele - Someone Like You
Massive Attack - Paradise Circus
Chemical Brothers - Setting Sun
Debussy - Claire De Lune
Rammstein - Amerika

So I don't follow bands in too much detail (street cred ruined) although saying that I would of saw Rubin on the Wave Goodbye tour.

Welcome Marc
So good to have a few new faces around here!

Thanks, good to be here.

haha, hat guy did not take any shit.

You know when people on social media are being idiots with bullshit and you want to call them out on it but it'd be a quite awkward thing to do for obvious work/business reasons?

Yeah big wanky conference in Lincoln, generic business and internet bullshit that's obvious, they think they're number 1 trending on Twitter, LOADS of tweets super excited by it, and I just want to tweet each one going TRENDS ARE PERSONALISED YOU NOBBERS. Found an appropriate thing to retweet to get it out my system.

Also, a guy is there with Google Glass. SUPER JEALOUS because I'm a nerd and my colleagues have tried it on. Guy's a founder of a company making stuff for Glass, like apps and things. This somehow becomes on Twitter/press "Google Glasses founder"

Musha,

You're going to absolutely love the new episode of Arrow... It really is fantastic.

Getting my hair done right now. Will be downloading it soon as I get home, and hopefully watching it after cooking and eating dinner, and sorting out the Daenerys belt. I'll message you when I've watched it.

poshclown

Neo Member
I'm yet to decide Halloween costume for this year, originally I was going to be typical and do Walter White...until a beard incident. Now I'm stuck between Dr Horrible, which is my choice...however since doing a terrible photoshop of my head on Miley Cyrus, my friends are demanding I go all the way.
I hate my friends

musha you dressing up as misty for halloween? remember mike can be ash and tash can be brock.

bgbw is pikachu.

Afraid not duck, not dressing up as anything for Halloween, going to a gig instead.

Will be dressing up this weekend though. Finished the outfit tonight, cannot freakin' wait!

Favourite Pokémon: Gengar

A good solid spooky Pokémon choice!

I'm new here too, and have yet to properly get involved in any posting, but am enjoying the craic/banter/shenanigans (delete as applicable), but welcome nonetheless to you and the other new folks.

Did anyone else learn the somewhat inappropriate mnemonic to remember the difference between stalagmites and stalactites? I maintain that stalagmites are best as per the mnemonic.

Marc

Massive Attack fan. Good man.

One of my favourite tracks ever. Can't help but link:

Massive Attack - Paradise Circus

So fucking good.

Amazing. :) My favourite is Angel though, makes you feel like you could take a baseball bat to the head. Haven't tried it out yet, but if I did and survived... it would totally be because I heard this song.

Anyone here into Misfits? Or I guess, still watching Misfits at this point?

Saw Arrow as well,
Rha's Al Ghul baby!! Awesome! Plus Deathstroke origin, very Two Face.

Jezbollah

Hi BritGaf.

Does anyone know if there's a thread on the Game lock-ins for Xbox One and PS4? I just got back from an Xbone lock-in and couldn't find where to post thoughts?

Cheers :)

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The Forza impressions have been mouthwatering. Not enough to get me to buy the console, mind but I'll definitely be recommending it to people who do get an Xbone so I can go to their house and try it out. Just kidding, I don't know anyone getting one.

Just kidding, I don't have any friends within 500 miles of my location that care about video games =(

Marc

Morning, been at work for 50 minutes, played a bit of limbo on vita but bored out of my mind.

Anything good happening today?

Jordan

After about 2 months of doing 7-4, I am having to do the 10-7 again... it sucks, 5-7 I will be on my own... with very little to do I imagine.

Chinner

Banned
The Forza impressions have been mouthwatering. Not enough to get me to buy the console, mind but I'll definitely be recommending it to people who do get an Xbone so I can go to their house and try it out. Just kidding, I don't know anyone getting one.

Just kidding, I don't have any friends within 500 miles of my location that care about video games =(

i used to make fun of gt and forza but i legit find them quite fun now.

NinjaBoiX

Awesome weather on the roads, I clocked in at 8am, just got to my first job now. It is to change a light bulb, I'm not even kidding. Then another two hours back.

:|

I might just clock out when I get back to my stomping ground. This day is a write off, calling it now.
didn't get the job, back to square 1.. fuuuuuck.
Sucks bro. You'll find something soon enough dude.

On the plus side, The Nick's Tape on R1 contained some gems this morning:

Donell Jones Ft. Lefteye - U Know What's Up

They don't make classy R&B pop records like this anymore.

After my outburst last night, the local paper now has an article claiming the event was the #1 trending topic yesterday in the UK

(bites fist)

Chinner

Banned
they said that im a strong candidate and that theyve put me on the reservoir list for tor the job for the next year incase someone quits or drops out, but they probably say that for everyone

Reknoc

Gunpla's waiting for you.

You'll get something, broham :)

oh hey since you're here. a few GANDAMU questions that may or may not be due to how good the current series is...

1) how decent is that gundam breaker game?

2) do you have any good links to get gunpla essential tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom