• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

LOL at afoni's tag.
That seems to be the generally accepted practice on GAF.
OT is the way forward.

Gaming is good for a well filtered news feed but little else. Trying to have a meaningful discussion is like pissing in the wind.
I was in hospital last week! Spent 5 hours in Resus mostly as a precaution with chest pain and a fever and had to stay in for 3 days :/. Now I'm not supposed to leave the house for like 2 weeks with some of the tablets I'm on although I am going to a football match on Wednesday cause I can't stand being indoors this much.
Bloody hell mate, rest up and all that jazz.

By the way, just so you guys know, Louis Theroux is a cool cat. I'm nostalgia buzzing on Weird Weekends at the minute.

BYnRAMB.jpg

I wanna party with this guy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's quite easy to have a good discussion on gaming side, you just have to post in the right threads. The New Leaf community was really nice to talk in (I say was because technically now it's Gaming Community).

Symphonia

Banned
I've got a meeting today/tomorrow about the book cover deal. I think this is the one where the deal is either made or broke. I'm absolutely shitting it.

Me and the missus are engaged to be married, we are now seriously thinking about going to the Registry Office and getting married during a day off with no family members present. No matter how we try to plan the wedding we always piss someone off and I had to bite my tongue last week when the future sister in law came over as she started telling us to get married in Kent as it's closer to her family (what about mine?) and that the mother in law would need to go home to look after her dogs etc.

Plus we could have an amazeballs honeymoon.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Me and the missus are engaged to be married, we are now seriously thinking about going to the Registry Office and getting married during a day off with no family members present. No matter how we try to plan the wedding we always piss someone off and I had to bite my tongue last week when the future sister in law came over as she started telling us to get married in Kent as it's closer to her family (what about mine?) and that the mother in law would need to go home to look after her dogs etc.

lol on your head be it fella. We had a very small wedding ceremony, prob only about 14 people, and we had severe static from minor relatives who I politely had to tell to shut the fuck up. At least have your parents there (if you have that kind of relationship with them). They will probably be hurt if you cut them out.

8bit

Knows the Score

You'll never make everyone happy, just ensure you both are and if there's space for others to join you that's good but not essential. I got married in the registry office and gave my family about 6 weeks notice.

lol on your head be it fella. We had a very small wedding ceremony, prob only about 14 people, and we had severe static from minor relatives who I politely had to tell to shut the fuck up. At least have your parents there (if you have that kind of relationship with them). They will probably be hurt if you cut them out.

You'll never make everyone happy, just ensure you both are and if there's space for others to join you that's good but not essential. I got married in the registry office and gave my family about 6 weeks notice.

The parents, siblings and their partners will probably be nvited but that's where we'll draw the line as otherwise the whole lot has to be invited. It's our day, not theirs so if they don't like it, tough Shit.

Chinner

Banned

why dont you get married at your mother in laws house so the dogs are not left out?

I've got a meeting today/tomorrow about the book cover deal. I think this is the one where the deal is either made or broke. I'm absolutely shitting it.

Good luck CS

Just keep reminding anyone being a dick that it's your day, you and your missus, not theirs, and they'll be lucky to be invited at all if they keep on. Have your wedding exactly the way you want it, with the people you want there.

I am dreading planning my wedding a little (this is assuming that one day he is going to ask me) as I have a few pushy family members. My Mum runs a wedding car business and has already said obviously she'll provide the cars, so I had to gently explain that it was a lovely offer but 1930's wedding cars are not my thing, and that I plan on turning up in a DeLorean.

Mikeside

Good luck man - let us know how it goes!

As everyone else has already said, so long as you're happy, everyone else will get over it.

I understand your pain though, there are stupid feuds in my family that go back to 'so and so' wasn't invited to this wedding or that. It's childish.

If I ever get married I'm inviting my REALLY close family & that's it. The rest might get a postcard from the honeymoon.
Maybe.
Probably not.

why dont you get married at your mother in laws house so the dogs are not left out?

Best idea yet. Also offer that the dogs can be ring-bearers.

NaNo is fuckin draining, y'all. I was up until 2am hoping to get to 5,000 words. I ended up at 3,500 but with a much better outline of where everything fits into my story. I should be able to pace through it a bit better now I know exactly what I'm writing towards & I've got some foreshadowing to spend some words on.

I've found a whole new way to be pretentious with my book too - each chapter has a moderately obscure word that I think fits the general feel of it as a chapter title, along with a dictionary definition.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
NaNo is fuckin draining, y'all. I was up until 2am hoping to get to 5,000 words. I ended up at 3,500 but with a much better outline of where everything fits into my story. I should be able to pace through it a bit better now I know exactly what I'm writing towards & I've got some foreshadowing to spend some words on.

I've found a whole new way to be pretentious with my book too - each chapter has a moderately obscure word that I think fits the general feel of it as a chapter title, along with a dictionary definition.

You're getting there man, keep at it! NaNo is kinda like trying to have a baby. You've got to plug away at it even if you're not really feeling it that day.

I'm hoping work quietens down a bit today, I need to fit 2 hours of dossing/writing in...

Good luck CS

Just keep reminding anyone being a dick that it's your day, you and your missus, not theirs, and they'll be lucky to be invited at all if they keep on. Have your wedding exactly the way you want it, with the people you want there.

I am dreading planning my wedding a little (this is assuming that one day he is going to ask me) as I have a few pushy family members. My Mum runs a wedding car business and has already said obviously she'll provide the cars, so I had to gently explain that it was a lovely offer but 1930's wedding cars are not my thing, and that I plan on turning up in a DeLorean.

Good luck man - let us know how it goes!

As everyone else has already said, so long as you're happy, everyone else will get over it.

I understand your pain though, there are stupid feuds in my family that go back to 'so and so' wasn't invited to this wedding or that. It's childish.

If I ever get married I'm inviting my REALLY close family & that's it. The rest might get a postcard from the honeymoon.
Maybe.
Probably not.

Best idea yet. Also offer that the dogs can be ring-bearers.

I just told my friend and best man what we are considering, he said that he doesn't think we are getting married for the right reasons.

Fantastic.

Mikeside

You're getting there man, keep at it! NaNo is kinda like trying to have a baby. You've got to plug away at it even if you're not really feeling it that day.

I'm hoping work quietens down a bit today, I need to fit 2 hours of dossing/writing in...

Yeah I'm doing OK - going to really focus on catching up through this week & next weekend is going to be a real push to get ahead.

When are you, musha and I going to get together for a day?
Also, are we gonna do it in London or in Aldershot?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah I'm doing OK - going to really focus on catching up through this week & next weekend is going to be a real push to get ahead.

I'm happy whenever and wherever. I can do this weekend or next for sure. And am happy to trek up to Lahndon or even host at Chez Harvey, I'm good either way. Going to London costs time and money but would be a fun day, hosting means I have to tidy my house somewhat but don't have to wear socks. So both have their drawbacks and positives :p

Jordan

See how it is... again.

felicity13rj9v.gif

8bit

Knows the Score
Really? Must have a look in the basement, although I suspect the only one still boxed will be Daiktana.

I just told my friend and best man what we are considering, he said that he doesn't think we are getting married for the right reasons.

Fantastic.

I am sorry that your best man is not supporting you here, I couldn't imagine saying that to anyone (even if I did think it true).

NinjaBoiX

Damn, this morning air is some chilling shit.

Good luck fella! Hope it goes well, let us know what happens.
Me and the missus are engaged to be married, we are now seriously thinking about going to the Registry Office and getting married during a day off with no family members present. No matter how we try to plan the wedding we always piss someone off and I had to bite my tongue last week when the future sister in law came over as she started telling us to get married in Kent as it's closer to her family (what about mine?) and that the mother in law would need to go home to look after her dogs, etc.
I'm sorry, this is pathetic. You guys are trying to organise a whole wedding and everything that goes along with that, and the mother in law can't organise someone to look after her mutt for the day?

I'll echo everyone else here DS, an invite should be an honour not a prerequisite. If they don't like it, fuck 'em.
I had to gently explain that it was a lovely offer but 1930's wedding cars are not my thing, and that I plan on turning up in a DeLorean.
Haha, awesome.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Really? Must have a look in the basement, although I suspect the only one still boxed will be Daiktana.

I am sorry that your best man is not supporting you here, I couldn't imagine saying that to anyone (even if I did think it true).

Daikatana is one of those games I always wished was really really good. But it's not, it's terrible. Ambitious but terrible. Certainly is no Anachronox.

I would kill 17 puppies for an Anachronox port on iOS.

SKINNER!

Banned
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Conkers-B...ideo_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item20da5d6acf

this one is at 66 quid with over 11 hours to go. a lot of retro games, especially those with the old cardboard boxes are quite valuable and are still going up in value with no sign of stopping.

So true. I still remember back around 2006/7 when they were going for buy it now around £40/50 and I was like "pfft, I can buy Gears of War with that money". The retro games on ebay are a damn joke at times but totally understandable from a buyer's point of view. If I had a multi-mega sitting around collecting dust and I knew it went for crazy money then I'd sell it at £200 too.

EDIT: zomg London! You guys get all the fun!

Chinner

Banned
So true. I still remember back around 2006/7 when they were going for buy it now around £40/50 and I was like "pfft, I can buy Gears of War with that money". The retro games on ebay are a damn joke at times but totally understandable from a buyer's point of view. If I had a multi-mega sitting around collecting dust and I knew it went for crazy money then I'd sell it at £200 too.

EDIT: zomg London! You guys get all the fun!

i bought rei 2 for the n64 for like 17 quid and then sold it off for like 40 quid. in some ways i wish i kept it, but I've still got the superior dreamcast version.

SKINNER!

Banned
i bought rei 2 for the n64 for like 17 quid and then sold it off for like 40 quid. in some ways i wish i kept it, but I've still got the superior dreamcast version.

Yeah, I would've stayed with the DC version too. Wish the damn Xbox version of Conker was decent so I wouldn't have the urge to buy the 64 version (reason why I still don't have Shenmue 2 for DC). Damn you Rare!!
Only decent sale I ever got was picking up Super Mario RPG (cart only) for around $20 in the US and then selling it on ebay UK for around £60. Also managed to get Snatcher for around £70 when it normally went for £120.

Chinner

Banned
Better pass me the protein shakes then.

my work out includes doing bicep curls with weights consisting of tashbrookes post history, and then i finish my workout by squatting with every bad post afoni has made - printed, smelted and placed on my shoulders. the weight alone could kill a small pony.

afterwards i have a post-workout steak and chips, which i usually cover with greenscars posts because they're quite salty.

Mikeside

Mike when is Secreeet santaaa starting, I wanna start crafting a beautiful present out of my pubes

Sounds like a solid workout

WHEN EVERYONE SENDS ME THEIR POSTAL AND EMAIL ADDRESSES

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Name and shame the late people.

You better have mine, I gave it to you ages ago.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

how many are left? PM'd you mine

Symphonia

Banned
Yep, sent in my details. I'm all set.

Right, chaps, I'm about to jump on the train to Birmingham for my meeting. I'm a little bit nervous to say the least.

NinjaBoiX

Hah bumbug.

Time to name and shame Micheal.

Good luck Cyanide. I hope you score, or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom