• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN EVERYONE SENDS ME THEIR POSTAL AND EMAIL ADDRESSES

You now have my address.

Don't rob me.

Edit: Forgot my email address, sending it now.

Mikeside

Thanks to all the cool cats who have already sent me their deets

I need more from the following:

Shorty - email and postal
Dapperbandit - email and postal
Lirlond - just your email please
SuperSah - email and postal
Jordan - email and postal
Donkey Show - email and postal
Jackben- just your email please
Tashbrooke - you ain't PMed me shit, you liar :p
Caffeinedreamer - everything please, bud
Runlikehell - Everything, por favor

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Thanks to all the cool cats who have already sent me their deets

I need more from the following:

Shorty - email and postal
Dapperbandit - email and postal
Lirlond - just your email please
SuperSah - email and postal
Jordan - email and postal
Donkey Show - email and postal
Jackben- just your email please
Tashbrooke - you ain't PMed me shit, you liar :p
Caffeinedreamer - everything please, bud
Runlikehell - Everything, por favor

PM these hoe's to speed up the process

97af98f6e2d71d5e84d77b276ceee1a3.gif

I just told my friend and best man what we are considering, he said that he doesn't think we are getting married for the right reasons.

Fantastic.

He is not your best man.

So I got in to work about 8:40 this morning as I usually do, had my brekkie, was just checking emails on hotmail and replying to one. Bang on 9am my team leader strolls in. Spends a few minutes fussing about with crap in her bag, hasn't even turned her pc on. She looks at me and tells me to finish up what I'm doing and start work already.

Really???? Double fucking standards much? I guess she has a different start time or something?

She also tells us off for using office messenger for non-work purposes (I only ever use mine for work purposes) and then spends all day on it, gossiping and slagging people off.

What's the best way to bring this up with her?

Just looking at Postgrad funding, and already I feel like my fate is sealed if I want to go down that path. Unless you're an international student, or previously went to a university with loyalty scholarships, you're left with just career development loans to fund it. fml

He is not your best man.

So I got in to work about 8:40 this morning as I usually do, had my brekkie, was just checking emails on hotmail and replying to one. Bang on 9am my team leader strolls in. Spends a few minutes fussing about with crap in her bag, hasn't even turned her pc on. She looks at me and tells me to finish up what I'm doing and start work already.

Really???? Double fucking standards much? I guess she has a different start time or something?

She also tells us off for using office messenger for non-work purposes (I only ever use mine for work purposes) and then spends all day on it, gossiping and slagging people off.

He can be very opinionated and abrupt, he's a great guy (obviously) but he spent a lot of money on his wedding and I think he is still struggling slightly because of it but I could be (probably) wrong.

I'd raise it with your manager at your one to one.

Rubbish King

He is not your best man.

Slowly build a case against her noting all bullshit that comes with her, when it's looking solid grass the bitch up

or send her on a blind date with me and I'll make such sweet sweet love to her, putting her under my spell, she'll be powerless to everything I'll say and I'll make her your bitch

SmokyDave

Me and the missus are engaged to be married, we are now seriously thinking about going to the Registry Office and getting married during a day off with no family members present. No matter how we try to plan the wedding we always piss someone off and I had to bite my tongue last week when the future sister in law came over as she started telling us to get married in Kent as it's closer to her family (what about mine?) and that the mother in law would need to go home to look after her dogs etc.

Plus we could have an amazeballs honeymoon.
To each their own, but I'd think very carefully about that. It's your special day so you can do whatever you like, but not sharing it with anyone might dampen things a little. One of the things I loved about our wedding was seeing a shit-ton of people who were all there to wish us the best and enjoy the day with us. My sister got married a couple of years ago and she disappeared to the other side of the world to get away from all the family / friend hassles, but after my wedding she said she wished she'd stayed in England and just stood firm on what she wanted. As well as the wedding, you have the fun of turning up at peoples houses and then going through the wedding photographs with a few beers and laughing at the crazy shapes your gran throws on the dance floor.

As I say though, each to their own. I can definitely see the appeal of keeping it simple, and it's a whole lot cheaper and easier to organise. I'd just think carefully before you go it alone.

He can be very opinionated and abrupt, he's a great guy (obviously) but he spent a lot of money on his wedding and I think he is still struggling slightly because of it but I could be (probably) wrong.

I'd raise it with your manager at your one to one.

Slowly build a case against her noting all bullshit that comes with her, when it's looking solid grass the bitch up

or send her on a blind date with me and I'll make such sweet sweet love to her, putting her under my spell, she'll be powerless to everything I'll say and I'll make her your bitch

The problem is that my manager loves her and she can do no wrong.

There's two of us that she's always picking on, it's really getting us down.

NinjaBoiX

I just told my friend and best man what we are considering, he said that he doesn't think we are getting married for the right reasons.

Fantastic.
He is not your best man.
Well I don't know about that, maybe he has genuine, well intentioned concerns. I doubt a mate good enough to be appointed best man would say such a thing otherwise.
Are you on generally good terms with her? If so, just mention it to her in a quite moment, keeping things light and civil.

If not, I'd just leave it, it'll probably cause more problems than it solves.
send her on a blind date with me and I'll make such sweet sweet love to her, putting her under my spell, she'll be powerless to everything I'll say and I'll make her your bitch
Or let Tash sleep his way to a promotion for you.

Then send gossipy emails around the office about their sordid liaisons. Because you know, gaffers privilege.

jimbor

Banned
Me and the missus are engaged to be married, we are now seriously thinking about going to the Registry Office and getting married during a day off with no family members present. No matter how we try to plan the wedding we always piss someone off and I had to bite my tongue last week when the future sister in law came over as she started telling us to get married in Kent as it's closer to her family (what about mine?) and that the mother in law would need to go home to look after her dogs etc.

Plus we could have an amazeballs honeymoon.

Registry office jobby with immediate/close family members, throw a big party for everybody else.

Are you on generally good terms with her? If so, just mention it to her in a quite moment, keeping things light and civil.

If not, I'd just leave it, it'll probably cause more problems than it solves.

Or let Tash sleep his way to a promotion for you.

Then send gossipy emails around the office about their sordid liaisons. Because you know, gaffers privilege.

Not really. She's no where near as bad as my team leader at my last place, but she certainly has a stick up her ass. She's not been a team leader that long, and she has zero people skills and no idea about management.

Leaving it is probably the best advise.

Symphonia

Banned
I think I'm going to explode.

Just got back home and there's a note from the postman saying there's a parcel waiting at the depot. I turn it over and it states, very briefly, what the parcel is. It's come from Canada and is labelled GAF. Bitch, my candy is here.

Registry office jobby with immediate/close family members, throw a big party for everybody else.

That was the original plan, I think we'll be sticking to it rather than having nobody else there at all.

Unless we are given a shed load of money to fuck off abroad...

NinjaBoiX

On the train back home.

I can't think of a way to explain how I'm feeling right now, so I'll say it with a .GIF instead.

crazy-dance.gif
So good news then? Did you seal the deal?

Spill Mysterio!
Leaving it is probably the best advise.
Tash am flaccid.
Just got back home and there's a note from the postman saying there's a parcel waiting at the depot.
I just got a certain someone's Crimbo present in the post like an hour ago. It's not the finished article quite yet, but I'm pretty sure I chose wisely!

I think it's pretty awesome actually, I might just keep it. I'll get her some socks or something.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Spill Mysterio!

Tash am flaccid.

I just got a certain someone's Crimbo present in the post like an hour ago. It's not the finished article quite yet, but I'm pretty sure I chose wisely!

I think it's pretty awesome actually, I might just keep it. I'll get her some socks or something.

Ninja buying Musha a silicone dragon cock confirmed

Rubbish King

Spill Mysterio!

Tash am flaccid.

you win some you lose some

ooooooh what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it

Rubbish King

ooooooh what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it

It's a ps4 for me thx

Mikeside

I'm kind of feeling weird about Christmas this year.
Christmas is a huge deal for me, has been since I was a little kid - I love the atmosphere, buying presents for people, the food and partying. Everything about it.

For years it was a big family thing - we'd all go to my grandparents' place in the morning, do all the gift swapping - we'd typically spoil each other & spend most of the morning and early afternoon gushing over everyone's cool presents, play some boardgames and videogames together, watch cartoons with the kids & have a good catch up, then everyone bustling around the kitchen - we'd all have different dishes we'd cook for the roast dinner so it felt like everyone was contributing and making their mark on the meal... Except due to big arguments etc etc blah blah blah epic drama, my family don't really talk anymore, so recently it's just been me, my mum and my grandparents.
I also spent a lot of time with Suzy's family over Christmas & we'd go to the yard and hang out with all the horsey folks etc

This year my grandparents are on a cruise & mum's been seeing somebody for a good few months now - I kind of think they want to have a first Christmas together so I'm going to house-sit at the grandparents' place.

Blech, I'm just going to treat the December GAF meet as my xmas day.

Symphonia

Banned
I don't want to give too much away in case I jinx it and the whole deal goes tits up, but what I can tell you is that it's for a series of medical books covering multiple topics. The books are sold in Waterstones and apparently turn over quite a tidy profit. The work I'll be doing is adapting a design I had made previously for each new book.

For every book sold, I get a cut of the profit as royalties. I could be looking at another £7500 per year. It doesn't sound much but couple that with my £16000 salary I'm already earning and, yep, I'm rolling in it.

I don't want to give too much away in case I jinx it and the whole deal goes tits up, but what I can tell you is that it's for a series of medical books covering multiple topics. The books are sold in Waterstones and apparently turn over quite a tidy profit. The work I'll be doing is adapting a design I had made previously for each new book.

For every book sold, I get a cut of the profit as royalties. I could be looking at another £7500 per year. It doesn't sound much but couple that with my £16000 salary I'm already earning and, yep, I'm rolling in it.

Earning that much feels good.

Mikeside

Well, so as not to jynx it, I won't say congratulations yet, but rather good luck, man! Sounds like a great opportunity

(and £7500/y definitely does sound like much from where I'm sitting :p)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm kind of feeling weird about Christmas this year.
Christmas is a huge deal for me, has been since I was a little kid - I love the atmosphere, buying presents for people, the food and partying. Everything about it.

For years it was a big family thing - we'd all go to my grandparents' place in the morning, do all the gift swapping - we'd typically spoil each other & spend most of the morning and early afternoon gushing over everyone's cool presents, play some boardgames and videogames together, watch cartoons with the kids & have a good catch up, then everyone bustling around the kitchen - we'd all have different dishes we'd cook for the roast dinner so it felt like everyone was contributing and making their mark on the meal... Except due to big arguments etc etc blah blah blah epic drama, my family don't really talk anymore, so recently it's just been me, my mum and my grandparents.
I also spent a lot of time with Suzy's family over Christmas & we'd go to the yard and hang out with all the horsey folks etc

This year my grandparents are on a cruise & mum's been seeing somebody for a good few months now - I kind of think they want to have a first Christmas together so I'm going to house-sit at the grandparents' place.

Blech, I'm just going to treat the December GAF meet as my xmas day.

ah mate, I feel for you. If you're at a loose end, feel free to head over to Chez Sniv, we hardly do anything for christmas and so if we can cheer you up then that would be lovely.

I think in the afternoon we're going to be cooking for my recently widowed grandad so that will be bittersweet I guess. And my mum will just be out of hospital having just had an operation on her eyebrow to remove some cancer shit.

Gonna be a merry one :p

Symphonia

Banned
Well, so as not to jynx it, I won't say congratulations yet, but rather good luck, man! Sounds like a great opportunity.
Cheers, man. And I suppose £7500 does sound like a lot - it certainly will help paying towards rent, etc.

Also, I'm currently deciding whether to buy my Secret Santa partner one big gift or several small gifts. What say you, GAF?

MiKeD

Banned
Question, can I buy a EU to UK Adapter in a Tesco over there? I completely forgot I need one of those and I'm leaving to England in the morning.

SKINNER!

Banned
I think I'm going to explode.

Just got back home and there's a note from the postman saying there's a parcel waiting at the depot. I turn it over and it states, very briefly, what the parcel is. It's come from Canada and is labelled GAF. Bitch, my candy is here.

On the train back home.

I can't think of a way to explain how I'm feeling right now, so I'll say it with a .GIF instead.

and yay for candy swap! Felt so good when I opened up my box last year. You better me sharing them sweets mang
with me via post lolol

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Cheers, man. And I suppose £7500 does sound like a lot - it certainly will help paying towards rent, etc.

Also, I'm currently deciding whether to buy my Secret Santa partner one big gift or several small gifts. What say you, GAF?

As long as you don't spunk it all on drugs and booze, that much extra a year will be noticed. Oh yes.

And if nothing else, you can afford more drugs and booze, yay!

Mikeside

ah mate, I feel for you. If you're at a loose end, feel free to head over to Chez Sniv, we hardly do anything for christmas and so if we can cheer you up then that would be lovely.

I think in the afternoon we're going to be cooking for my recently widowed grandad so that will be bittersweet I guess. And my mum will just be out of hospital having just had an operation on her eyebrow to remove some cancer shit.

Gonna be a merry one :p

Ahhh, that's awesome of you buddy - I might even take you up on it!
Definitely some pre-christmas drinking would make me feel a million bucks too. (either the weekend before or maybe on the monday?)

For me, it really depends who I get - going to try and get something really specific for whoever I get, so we'll see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom