• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonia

Banned
Wait, do we actually have to keep to the budget of a tenner? If I'm feeling charitable, can I spend a little more? I mean, you guys are like my second family.

Kinda.

Mikeside

Wait, do we actually have to keep to the budget of a tenner? If I'm feeling charitable, can I spend a little more? I mean, you guys are like my second family.

Kinda.

Again, entirely up to you - just don't feel short changed if you only get £10 worth of present
(I don't think I've ever successfully stuck to a budget when buying gifts, to be honest)

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Going to the doctors tomorrow, gonna ask for some help with shit....lost motiviatin with the gym and eating healthy and I can feel myself crumbling under the pressure, I mean I'm doing ok, I just would love to shout at someone once a week and see if I can get some help financially, also I'm back in the fags so I need that shit sorted... who knows what tomorrow will bring
I'm kind of feeling weird about Christmas this year.
Christmas is a huge deal for me, has been since I was a little kid - I love the atmosphere, buying presents for people, the food and partying. Everything about it.

For years it was a big family thing - we'd all go to my grandparents' place in the morning, do all the gift swapping - we'd typically spoil each other & spend most of the morning and early afternoon gushing over everyone's cool presents, play some boardgames and videogames together, watch cartoons with the kids & have a good catch up, then everyone bustling around the kitchen - we'd all have different dishes we'd cook for the roast dinner so it felt like everyone was contributing and making their mark on the meal... Except due to big arguments etc etc blah blah blah epic drama, my family don't really talk anymore, so recently it's just been me, my mum and my grandparents.
I also spent a lot of time with Suzy's family over Christmas & we'd go to the yard and hang out with all the horsey folks etc

This year my grandparents are on a cruise & mum's been seeing somebody for a good few months now - I kind of think they want to have a first Christmas together so I'm going to house-sit at the grandparents' place.

Blech, I'm just going to treat the December GAF meet as my xmas day.
Same here man, I just hope I can get to the meet as if it's not on a saturday I am screeeewed as I can't take any holiday in December and I'm spending christmas on my oooowwwnnn, hopefully parents send me presents so i dont have to wait untill after new year to get some good shit (>.<)

Question, can I buy a EU to UK Adapter in a Tesco over there? I completely forgot I need one of those and I'm leaving to England in the morning.
You'll be able to find em somewhere, polish shop or something

SKINNER!

Banned
Question, can I buy a EU to UK Adapter in a Tesco over there? I completely forgot I need one of those and I'm leaving to England in the morning.

Yes, You will also find those in various Boots pharmacies if you aren't having any luck with Tesco. I mean, I have seen them around in the shops.

Mikeside

Going to the doctors tomorrow, gonna ask for some help with shit....lost motiviatin with the gym and eating healthy and I can feel myself crumbling under the pressure, I mean I'm doing ok, I just would love to shout at someone once a week and see if I can get some help financially, also I'm back in the fags so I need that shit sorted... who knows what tomorrow will bring
Same here man, I just hope I can get to the meet as if it's not on a saturday I am screeeewed as I can't take any holiday in December and I'm spending christmas on my oooowwwnnn, hopefully parents send me presents so i dont have to wait untill after new year to get some good shit (>.<)

What day(s) will you have off around Christmas? Maybe I'll pop down, or you can pop up? I'm going to have the grandparents' place to hang out at (ask Musha how awesome it is there) so you'd be welcome to come and spend a day or two.

I'm kind of feeling weird about Christmas this year.
Christmas is a huge deal for me, has been since I was a little kid - I love the atmosphere, buying presents for people, the food and partying. Everything about it.

For years it was a big family thing - we'd all go to my grandparents' place in the morning, do all the gift swapping - we'd typically spoil each other & spend most of the morning and early afternoon gushing over everyone's cool presents, play some boardgames and videogames together, watch cartoons with the kids & have a good catch up, then everyone bustling around the kitchen - we'd all have different dishes we'd cook for the roast dinner so it felt like everyone was contributing and making their mark on the meal... Except due to big arguments etc etc blah blah blah epic drama, my family don't really talk anymore, so recently it's just been me, my mum and my grandparents.
I also spent a lot of time with Suzy's family over Christmas & we'd go to the yard and hang out with all the horsey folks etc

This year my grandparents are on a cruise & mum's been seeing somebody for a good few months now - I kind of think they want to have a first Christmas together so I'm going to house-sit at the grandparents' place.

Blech, I'm just going to treat the December GAF meet as my xmas day.

I know exactly how you feel, have the same issues with my own family. Really makes me appreciate Andy's family a lot, so glad I'm spending xmas with them this year.

I can't believe you're spending xmas on your own. I think you should totes take up Sniv on his offer, no one should be on their own at xmas.If you want to pop up to London the weekend before I'll take you out for a drink, may even cook you a roast :)

Budget of a tenner, hit 99p Store.

That's actually my plan for everyone's xmas presents this year, apart from Andy and my Mum. Last year I spent a fortune on friends, and they spent about a tenth of what I had. So this year I figure 99p store, some ridiculous and silly gifts, bout a fiver on each person, job done.

Bleepey

OK UKGAF I may potentially need your help. The last week, my broadband has been garbage like 0.2 Meg, my ISP Talk Talk gave me a new router when the techies came in. Thing is they claim they do not charge when the fault is outside the home but charge £50 when it's in the home. Does anyone know what i can say to ensure i do not pay £50. I am probably gonna tell the truth and the workmen suggested the same.

Rubbish King

What day(s) will you have off around Christmas? Maybe I'll pop down, or you can pop up? I'm going to have the grandparents' place to hang out at (ask Musha how awesome it is there) so you'd be welcome to come and spend a day or two.
None, regular hours

Working Christmas day.. lol

Mikeside

I know exactly how you feel, have the same issues with my own family. Really makes me appreciate Andy's family a lot, so glad I'm spending xmas with them this year.

I can't believe you're spending xmas on your own. I think you should totes take up Sniv on his offer, no one should be on their own at xmas.If you want to pop up to London the weekend before I'll take you out for a drink, may even cook you a roast :)

Feeling the love right here, cheers - I'll definitely sort out some circa-Christmas visiting time with you and (hopefully) Jimbor. Will be nice to have a ginger beer and give you your prezzie in person.

None, regular hours

Working Christmas day.. lol

OK, so the plan is I'll come to you, then? Let me know when works, buddy.

Symphonia

Banned
Yeah, I'll probably cater my spending amount to whomever I get for my Secret Santa. I'll probably end up spending £20-£30 on whoever it is, anyway, if not slightly more.

jimbor

Banned

This is what I was saying about doing a full body work out three times a week. That regime you had was doomed to fail. I know you wanted structure but going to extremes isn't the answer. Slow but steady mane.

Have a Calvin Coolidge quote:

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

Feeling the love right here, cheers - I'll definitely sort out some circa-Christmas visiting time with you and (hopefully) Jimbor. Will be nice to have a ginger beer and give you your prezzie in person.

Wait, you're getting me a prezzie too?? Stop buying me presents dammit people! Or at least let me know so I know to get you something back! Nothing worse that someone getting you a present for xmas and you haven't gotten them anything.

Right, another name to add to the poundshop list ;P

Mikeside

Wait, you're getting me a prezzie too?? Stop buying me presents dammit people! Or at least let me know so I know to get you something back! Nothing worse that someone getting you a present for xmas and you haven't gotten them anything.

Right, another name to add to the poundshop list ;P

To be fair, I wasn't expecting anything back - you and the Mr have put me up for probably 2 or 3 weeks worth of nights this year, least I can do is get you guys something fun.

Rubbish King

Okie ^_^
This is what I was saying about doing a full body work out three times a week. That regime you had was doomed to fail. I know you wanted structure but going to extremes isn't the answer. Slow but steady mane.

Have a Calvin Coolidge quote:

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Help me out then bro, give me help without me having to go into fitGAF, I fucking hate venturing into there

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
will get this for mushahttp://www.amazon.co.uk/BASTER-small-chicken-turkey-basters/dp/B003Z2MSO6/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383585516&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=turkey+gravy+squeezer
A failed url link. How thoughtful.

And oh my goodness at Dave changing his avatar!

NinjaBoiX

To be fair, I wasn't expecting anything back - you and the Mr have put me up for probably 2 or 3 weeks worth of nights this year, least I can do is get you guys something fun.
True story. You guys are most accommodating, this is simply a thank you at an opportune time of year.
Why is everyone changing their avatars? Stop it, makes it confusing when trying to speed read in work.
Musha skim reads, cherry picking her peeps confirmed.

Edit: that duck cracks me up.

SmokyDave

I'm buying you a Poundland sandwich just because you're a dick.

Love you.
Aaaah, love you too dude. I'll save you a pubeburger.

Why is everyone changing their avatars? Stop it, makes it confusing when trying to speed read in work.
Sorry, Lady!

I came across it when I was checking my wedding photos and I just couldn't resist. I have no idea why I was pulling that face. Too many beers.

Chinner

Banned
i posted the link properly, see my post there are no edits. what a new low the clique is reaching trying to discredit me by making false claims about me,

jimbor

Banned
Okie ^_^

Help me out then bro, give me help without me having to go into fitGAF, I fucking hate venturing into there

Pretty much all you need is in the OP of fitgaf but Starting Strength is a great program with linear progression. Chuck in some cardio after the lifting sessions (not before) and you'll be good. There are spreadsheets on the net somewhere that will work out the program for you once you've got your starting weights sorted.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ahhh, that's awesome of you buddy - I might even take you up on it!
Definitely some pre-christmas drinking would make me feel a million bucks too. (either the weekend before or maybe on the monday?)

For me, it really depends who I get - going to try and get something really specific for whoever I get, so we'll see!

Well you are 100% totally welcome, no point in feeling glum at Christmas if you can help it. I want to apread tge joy of crappy telly and mulled wine. Hell yeah for a piss up though, especially since I'm missing the meet.

8bit

Knows the Score
OK UKGAF I may potentially need your help. The last week, my broadband has been garbage like 0.2 Meg, my ISP Talk Talk gave me a new router when the techies came in. Thing is they claim they do not charge when the fault is outside the home but charge £50 when it's in the home. Does anyone know what i can say to ensure i do not pay £50. I am probably gonna tell the truth and the workmen suggested the same.

Place your router outside.

jimbor

Banned

Think I might do some birthday drinks on the 21st December, gauging interest at the mo.

Edit:

Place your router outside.

Genius.

NinjaBoiX

Think I might do some birthday drinks on the 21st December, gauging interest at the mo.
Yeah, it's yours Musha's and Tash's that week. We could organise some triple celebration or something. I'd definitely try and come back down for it, funds permitting.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Anyone got some high energy music or remixes like this I can listen to today? Need to get a lot of work done and have a a three page take-home exam to finish tonight so I need tunes to help power through it.

Symphonia

Banned
Some woman who rang us up at work last week was threatening to hold Virgin Media's router 'hostage' all for the sake of £7.50. I nearly died laughing on the phone.

f0rk

Finally got internet in my flat. Haven't been on my desktop for like 2 months, I'd forgotten what using a 24" monitor was like. Also the proper headphones I use for my PC are so much better than in-ears with my phone.

Finally got internet in my flat. Haven't been on my desktop for like 2 months, I'd forgotten what using a 24" monitor was like. Also the proper headphones I use for my PC are so much better than in-ears with my phone.

:O HE'S BACK

Mike, let f0rk into Secret Santa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom