• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
Finally got internet in my flat. Haven't been on my desktop for like 2 months, I'd forgotten what using a 24" monitor was like. Also the proper headphones I use for my PC are so much better than in-ears with my phone.

so ur like an executive now doing coke and going out in high quality bars like players in leeds then?

Symphonia

Banned
So I was searching for a new wallpaper for my desktop, a Funal Fantasy one, so I went to Google and did the usual 'FINAL FANTASY 15 WALLPAPER' search. It came up with a nice image but it was the wrong size, so clicked 'Search by image' and got taken to the page where all sizes of that image come up. Clicked on 'All sizes' and, for some reason, Google changed the search terms to 'nicholas cage final fantasy' and I'm currently lol'ing at the results.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I'd be up for birthday drinks! 21st is a saturday and I might get someone to cover the Sunday so I could buy around a bit afterwards

Hey Britgaf quick question.. I'm studying in the UK for the year. Is Bonfire night a big deal? Would it be a shame if i missed it? I am studying in Leeds but the bonfire isn't really that close to the University. Is this like a big deal? I would ask my classmates but I don't think there is a single british person in my program

Thanks

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hey Britgaf quick question.. I'm studying in the UK for the year. Is Bonfire night a big deal? Would it be a shame if i missed it? I am studying in Leeds but the bonfire isn't really that close to the University. Is this like a big deal? I would ask my classmates but I don't think there is a single british person in my program

Thanks
Do you like fireworks? The night mostly consists of standing in the cold and watching them and that's it. Unless you know of someone hosting a private party it will just be you standing around in the park. I'm kind of lucky and I can see them a bit from my window.

If you live in an area that keeps up with the traditions you may have some local kids still doing the penny for the guy, preferably 21st century style where the guy is a real member of Anonymous because they all wear that damn mask without knowing what who Guy Fawks is.

Also unlike Christmas it is the most annoying holiday that people celebrate early.

jimbor

Banned

Thanks

Stay in the comfort of your own home and watch fireworks from afar.

NinjaBoiX

I really like BGBW's posts. I don't think they get enough love.

Just gently delivered little nuggets of wisdom with a light dusting of well-meaning sarcasm.

I like you Biggie B, you're alright.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It'd be way more fun if it was true to life and everyone tried to blow up parliament. As it stands in 200 years time it will probably just be called V for Vendetta festival or Anonymous Day

SKINNER!

Banned

Thanks

Unless you're taking a girl to see the bonfire as a date then naah, no big deal. Considering that the majority of families (and delinquent teenagers) buy fireworks and have their own firework displays in their backgarden, I'd recommend you stay in your warm, cosy home and the second you hear the first bang you head to your nearest window and enjoy the show.

It'd be way more fun if it was true to life and everyone tried to blow up parliament.

Great, now you'll get the NSA and GHCQ all confused.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It'd be way more fun if it was true to life and everyone tried to blow up parliament. As it stands in 200 years time it will probably just be called V for Vendetta festival or Anonymous Day
You do realise we are celebrating that they failed to blow up the House of Lords and assassinate the king? That's why we used to burn effigies of Guy (well to be fair effigy burning does still happen in some parts of the country). So the only thing you'd be blowing up is Catholic churches to show 'em who's boss.

Ironically it was an anonymous letter that revealed the gunpowder plot. Betrayed by the very people who idolise them.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You do realise we are celebrating that they failed to blow up the House of Lords and assassinate the king? That's why we used to burn effigies of Guy (well to be fair effigy burning does still happen in some parts of the country). So the only thing you'd be blowing up is Catholic churches to show 'em who's boss.

Ironically it was an anonymous letter that revealed the gunpowder plot. Betrayed by the very people who idolise them.
Yes. I just got it mixed up with parliament.

Which is why it's ironic all the anti-establishment and anarchy movements idolize Fawkes. The entire holiday is really just advocating conformity. "Remember that guy who tried to do this? He was burned. Don't forget the price he paid."

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sorry, it's just amazing how many people don't actually bother to do about five seconds worth of reading to see what the holiday is about. Doesn't help that the V for Vendetta film completely screwed up what it is about, especially by making it about Bush and American Government in British clothing. In some ways it's like me thinking the American Revolution was caused by Zelda mishearing someone talking about selling garments because I saw it on Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

And to be fair parliament consists of the House of Lords so it isn't totally wrong.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I'm just glad we don't have any event where we celebrate with fireworks. My poor dog is scared to death by them whenever Halloween comes about. She just shakes in fear.

SmokyDave

I really like BGBW's posts. I don't think they get enough love.

Just gently delivered little nuggets of wisdom with a light dusting of well-meaning sarcasm.

I like you Biggie B, you're alright.
Yeah, put me in the BGBW fan club. One of the few Nintendo fans I can cheerfully tolerate.

love ya, petal.

I love that David Mitchell has his own panel show.

insKkC7qixi00.gif

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/was-it-something-i-said/4od#3586779

Lirlond

I used to love building a guy and collecting change. Walked away with >£100 one year

not to mention collecting scrap wood and hiding from tge council, burning old couches and wardrobes. The actual 5th was a letdown after the prep

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I used to love building a guy and collecting change. Walked away with >£100 one year

not to mention collecting scrap wood and hiding from tge council, burning old couches and wardrobes. The actual 5th was a letdown after the prep
I never saw the bolded but wish I had. Sounds like it'd actually be cool.

afoni

Banned
walking home from the library and some dude spat on me

i think hes just jealous of my tag

Seriously though he just spat at me as I was grabbing my oyster to tap out at the station and walked on completely non-chalantly as I shouted 'cunt' back at him.

Some fucking people.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
walking home from the library and some dude spat on me

i think hes just jealous of my tag

Seriously though he just spat at me as I was grabbing my oyster to tap out at the station and walked on completely non-chalantly as I shouted 'cunt' back at him.

Some fucking people.
Were you wearing Pokemon memorabilia, it might have been Jedeye...

Seriously though sounds like it was just a random shit stain. Fuck that scumbag.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Prolly a one off. I've ruled out that it was a Begbie style cunt that was just looking to start cus if it was he would have turned when you yelled. Cowardly and scummy to just keep walking though.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Haven't heard a Lidl joke so far, so I'm good!

Keep an eye out for it, maybe it wont be Lidl every time, but it seems that at least 50% of his jokes revolve around some cheap piece of British culture. One day it'll be Lidls, the next a Fray Bentos pie or the Spar shop.

SKINNER!

Banned
Beards and Hybrid Theory?! Nah, not having any of that. Glasto with my Ray-Bans and fedora to see Arcade Fire and Rizzle Kicks instead man.

Mikeside

People who talk shit about Glastonbury are ridiculous.
"Oh, it's too middle class and well known, ohhh too many people go because it's cool and WHAT IF THEY DO THEIR HAIR AND TALK ABOUT HIPSTER SHIT AT A FESTIVAL?? I need my festival to be unpopular and shit, otherwise how will my favourite sweaty metal band from the 90s stand out so well in the lineup?"
I've not heard a single person who's actually BEEN complain about it.

Glastonbury > your favourite festival.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
People who talk shit about Glastonbury are ridiculous.
"Oh, it's too middle class and well known, ohhh too many people go because it's cool and WHAT IF THEY DO THEIR HAIR AND TALK ABOUT HIPSTER SHIT AT A FESTIVAL?? I need my festival to be unpopular and shit, otherwise how will my favourite sweaty metal band from the 90s stand out so well in the lineup?"
I've not heard a single person who's actually BEEN complain about it.

Glastonbury > your favourite festival.

lol so defensive! I was just saying that if you wanted a pretty blonde white girl with backcombed hair and massive sunglasses who says "yah" a lot, glasto is this field to be in.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
No way is Glasto better than the Gathering of the Juggalos. No..freakin' way.

Not entirely sure why you emphasised on race twice but hey! I'm convinced! Glasto 2014!

They don't let brown folks in FACT. You might need to white up a bit there brah :p

fakeedit: I am feeling joyously cunty today, better stay out of gaming side...

realedit: I would LOVE to go to the Gathering but I'm scared. I am round and bearded so I could go in disguise one year...

I was listening to Bobcat Goldthwaite on Joe Rogan's podcast and he told this awesome story about a clown who got knocked out my a beer can luzzed at his head as they were driving around the festival. Those juggalos know how to git dowwwwwn.

Mikeside

lol so defensive! I was just saying that if you wanted a pretty blonde white girl with backcombed hair and massive sunglasses who says "yah" a lot, glasto is this field to be in.

I have to be with you loada class warriors about! :p

...and make that blonde a redhead and I'll take that any day of the week.
Especially if she knows what foie gras & has been to Royal Ascot at least twice, my nan would be so proud of me.

No way is Glasto better than the Gathering of the Juggalos. No..freakin' way.

You know the level to which Kentpaul hypes things, but they never actually get to?
That's Glastonbury.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I have to be with you loada class warriors about! :p

...and make that blonde a redhead and I'll take that any day of the week.
Especially if she knows what foie gras & has been to Royal Ascot at least twice, my nan would be so proud of me.

You know the level to which Kentpaul hypes things, but they never actually get to?
That's Glastonbury.

I'm just bitter because I have never been in those girls' league, and when I see them in the front row of glasto on telly i'm filled with potent rage and misogynistic lust.

Mikeside

whats happened to kentpaul anyway? hes nowhere to be seen, he hasn't got lost on oe of his shroom picking trips has he>

He posts in the whatsapp group a lot, I'm not sure why he's not been in here lately

I'm just bitter because I have never been in those girls' league, and when I see them in the front row of glasto on telly i'm filled with potent rage and misogynistic lust.

Festivals aren't about getting your cock wet :p
If you're in a state where you're physically able to maintain an erection at a festival then you're doing it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom