• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Do we have to get something nice or can we take the piss?

I just wouldn't want to be the only one who got my special person something stupid while everyone else sent well meaning presents.

I'm trying to do something nice for mine... but it may be a struggle and they may end up with a glow in the dark dildo.
A box of poorly manufactured tatt from Poundland for me.

I'm also going to whizz on the box for that personal touch.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So apparently I was asked a question but when I clicked the link to check said question I saw nothing. :S

SmokyDave

Jesus fucking christ. I hate Windows 8 so much I think I'm going to have a fucking aneurysm. Even though I only have to use it for occasional software testing, it ruins my bastard day. I'm going to sling this machine through the fucking window.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Jesus fucking christ. I hate Windows 8 so much I think I'm going to have a fucking aneurysm. Even though I only have to use it for occasional software testing, it ruins my bastard day. I'm going to sling this machine through the fucking window.
Get OS X. It just werks.

You see, I don't hate Windows 8.

But then I installed Chrome, and pinned my work programmes to the taskbar (Notepad++, FTP, audio/video editing) so rarely see the squares or do anything fiddly like you would when testing.

Symphonia

Banned
I don't get the hate for Windows 8.

I just pin the programs I need to my taskbar, set it so it boots straight to desktop, bam I'm done.

SmokyDave

angry.person.JPG

I'm sure it's fine on a tablet. I'm sure it's fine if you only run a handful of the same apps every time. When you need to delve around in the guts and switch up configurations on the fly a lot, it's a bastard nightmare. When you need to do that through virtual machines or remote admin software, it's an even bigger pig.

I think all of the blood vessels in my entire body just simultaneously burst.

Symphonia

Banned
Luck of the draw or what, I don't know, but I just sold my phone on eBay for just shy of £350. That's £200 more than what CeX and GAME offered me for it.

Symphonia

Banned
woah, very nice! Everything's coming up Cyanide this week eh? :)
It certainly would appear that way and, honestly, it's about damn time. The first half of 2013 was shit and it just got worse and worse - but now things are slowly on the incline and everything's looking like rainbows and sunshine dust to me. I know 90% of the happiness is coming from money but, meh, who cares?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It certainly would appear that way and, honestly, it's about damn time. The first half of 2013 was shit and it just got worse and worse - but now things are slowly on the incline and everything's looking like rainbows and sunshine dust to me. I know 90% of the happiness is coming from money but, meh, who cares?

I get you man, getting a new job or opportunity is a massive deal, it makes you feel so good about yourself and confident. Enjoy it!

SmokyDave

Eh, don't worry about it dude. Money is kinda essential for maximising happiness.

Glad things are looking up for ya.

Symphonia

Banned
The only thing on my list is my address. I'd rather not give clues as to what I'd like. I'm keen to see how well whoever gets me knows me, judging from my posts on here.

So I'll probably end up with a razor blade, amiryte?

SKINNER!

Banned
woo! Free cakes from the department next door and I got undercharged for my caramel mocha. Life = sweet...literally!

Gonna head to the shops and check out what would make a great secret santa gift...or I could just lazily do it on amazon and get it shipped to that address but where's the fun in that?!

Also, I really hope nobody strictly follows the wishlist...not my one anyway.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Love theremins.

I've been using my wife's iPhone to browse NeoGAF at home. I've just discovered that whilst I'm at work, she's perusing Off Topic (she's not much of a gamer). She finds some of the topics hilarious. She may even join eventually!

I can see it now: we'll end up communicating exclusively via posts on here. XD

afoni

Banned
A monitor with speakers is a pretty decent set up. I rocked one of them in halls and it was ace. My housemates must have fucking hated it, but whatever they were shit anyway.

A monitor with speakers is a pretty decent set up. I rocked one of them in halls and it was ace. My housemates must have fucking hated it, but whatever they were shit anyway.

Yeah I have KRK RP5s for music, pretty good. And since I'm the only one with decent speakers, I get to run the party music. Yeo.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I might have to drop out of secret santa because the person I drew is a cunt and doesn't deserve anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom