• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
it's not really about the resolution anymore. its about how some journalists refuse to do fair comparisons while justifying and dismissing legitimate issues. i know its VIDEOGAMES, but its at the breaking point where readers are feeling apathetic and angry that journalists are not acting in their interests, and they're being greeted by hostility and sarcasm on twitter when they ask why.

Chinner you're supposed to come here and make comments to wind people up, not write one of the more reasonable roundups rather than the wall of fire it feels like walking in to when looking at some topics.

Stop being reasonable

NinjaBoiX

I'm glad I wasn't the only one!

I did visualise Harry Hill slamming his hands on the desk shouting, "LANYARD FIGHT!"

But I suspect that's not the answer.

f0rk

The thread about the BBC article on PS4 COD frame rate is soooooo dumb, if you say anything bad about PS4 performance now you get called a microsoft shrill.

it's not really about the resolution anymore. its about how some journalists refuse to do fair comparisons while justifying and dismissing legitimate issues. i know its VIDEOGAMES, but its at the breaking point where readers are feeling apathetic and angry that journalists are not acting in their interests, and they're being greeted by hostility and sarcasm on twitter when they ask why.

Exactly, if news sites had just openly mentioned this when they knew of the difference, this whole saga of the 'consowl warz' would have bubbled over in a week ( though of course following huge threads and many gifs). Instead it was slowly unearthed by cboat and FM- naming them these days sends threads into overdrive- before gaming websites finally bothered to mention the differences (and even then played it down and made meta articles wondering what all the fuss was about, ignoring that it was infact themselves adding to the hysteria).
Now it's going to drag on and on until Digital Foundry et al have analysed every launch title pixel by pixel.

I'll have to get in on this secret santa thing next year. I've got some beautiful wares I could send.

Symphonia

Banned
I couldn't really care less about the minimal differences between resolutions. I play games for the gameplay, not for the eye candy.

Mikeside

Skype with Tash culminating in him turning down a dramatic reading of my book, followed by much tongue.

Tonight is an OK night.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
9jBmg.png

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Walked in to Gaming.

There's something incredibly tedious about this resolution stuff. Like, stuff looking good is important, but christ it's painful reading.

I'm going to put my flag in the sand. The only people that care about resolutions on consoles are deeply, deeply boring people. And they probably have small willies too. lololol

SteveWD40

I'm going to put my flag in the sand. The only people that care about resolutions on consoles are deeply, deeply boring people. And they probably have small willies too. lololol

On this we have consensus. The level of obsession with "which is best rawr!" is tragic. Especially when most of the ones obsessing over it will end up with all 3 consoles and a gaming PC anyway, since they all seem to have enough disposable income and free time to make a lottery winner envious.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
On this we have consensus. The level of obsession with "which is best rawr!" is tragic. Especially when most of the ones obsessing over it will end up with all 3 consoles and a gaming PC anyway, since they all seem to have enough disposable income and free time to make a lottery winner envious.

exactly! Those cunts are the worst - won't blink at spending a grand on machines (with no good games yet, mind), will talk endlessly about the miniscule differences between the two as if it's the key to universal happiness or some shit. Spoiled, sour little children, it's gross.

Yes I am jealous of both their free time and money. Fuck them :p

NinjaBoiX

While I agree that rampant fanboyism is the bane of this forum, I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to know which console is more capable. And let's be honest, that's what this whole "resolutiongate" BS boils down to.

I always check out the Digital Foundry face off before I decide which format to get a given game on. It'd be daft not to IMO, why not get the best experience possible?

Edit: fuck it DS, crack open a tin boyo! Why not eh?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
While I agree that rampant fanboyism is the bane of this forum, I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to know which console is more capable. And let's be honest, that's what this whole "resolutiongate" BS boils down to.

I always check out the Digital Foundry face off before I decide which format to get a given game on. It'd be daft not to IMO, why not get the best experience possible?

Edit: fuck it DS, crack open a tin boyo! Why not eh?

Well yeah, doing perhaps 5 minutes of research is fine. Any more than that and you're venturing into micropenis territory. Those people in those threads have been arguing about this for weeks now, it's ridiculous. They are so very boring.

SteveWD40

Yeah, although I can never see the difference in the DF side by sides, I get it, that's fine, but debating it round and round for weeks, getting personnel with those who don't share your opinion and essentially acting like one of those guys who collects thimbles and smells of margarine is where I draw the line.

Morning all!

Happy birthday DS! Got any plans for your birthday?

Day 2 of Operation: Stop Smoking. Had weird dreams last night and kept waking up not knowing where I was, hardly got any sleep. Still not badly craving a smoke though so that's good, right?

8bit

Knows the Score
Morning all!

Happy birthday DS! Got any plans for your birthday?

Day 2 of Operation: Stop Smoking. Had weird dreams last night and kept waking up not knowing where I was, hardly got any sleep. Still not badly craving a smoke though so that's good, right?

Are you sleeping with a patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom