• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Happy Birthday Nintendo DS!

I guess my eyes are not tuned into the differences of 720p and 1080p while playing on my TV. Had my Wii U set to 720p output while playing WWHD (1080p game) and never noticed until I took at gander at the number in the corner when switching channels.

SmokyDave

You lot need to stop talking about games and buy a Vita. It's the only way to reach true enlightenment.

Except you, Steve. You're already enlightened.

As for the res thing, I prefer 1080p because both my TVs are 1080p native. 720p certainly isn't a deal-breaker though, and that's the res I expect most games will be next gen, regardless of platform. They'll look shit hot either way.

Damn, I wish I'd pre-ordered a PS4.

Morning all!

Happy birthday DS! Got any plans for your birthday?

Day 2 of Operation: Stop Smoking. Had weird dreams last night and kept waking up not knowing where I was, hardly got any sleep. Still not badly craving a smoke though so that's good, right?
Champix?

Congrats though, it ain't easy is it?

SmokyDave

Well it's true you wouldn't need to talk about games much when you own a vita

ohoho
Oh, I see, it's like that is it. Is that what it's like? If that's what it is then it's like that's it, isn't it?

you getting gt6 Dave? maybe we can go for a virtual drive and think about the deeper meanings of life
Indeed I am. It'll take my mind off the fact that I won't be able to find a PS3. When does that bad boy drop?

Mikeside

If you've got a Blockbuster account you can use it to pretend you had a PS4 pre-order with them and they're trying to ensure everyone who signs that form gets on at launch.

slim hope, but possible!

Cannot wait for my PS4 now. First non-Nintendo day 1 console for me. I WANNA PLAY WITH THAT FUCKIN' OS

Chinner

Banned
I think shopto was offering launch stock. I'd get a ps4 if I had a job, but I'm happy waiting for drive club and infamous to hit.

SteveWD40

You lot need to stop talking about games and buy a Vita. It's the only way to reach true enlightenment.

Except you, Steve. You're already enlightened.

I can't wait for it to get here. I did a quick check of what I want to play on it and so far it's...a long list. The PSP games make it so much sweeter though, MHFU and MGSPW alone are both two of the best examples of their genre and combined that's like 400 hours minimum.

Fuck the haters, those of us with significant others who want to watch shit TV all night need our Vita's.

Oh and the remote play thing? Fuck yes. Mike was right, it's true next gen stuff.

8bit

Knows the Score
I've had a PS4 on preorder since early this year, was wavering about cancelling it recently as Mario is out on the same day and it's only Knack I'm interested in but I'm sure I'll kick myself if I did cancel it.

SteveWD40

yeah but can it play MP3s and audio CDs?

I have an iPhone / Laptop / iPod dock for the former.

The latter?

9xs2542.jpg

I haven't owned a CD in about 6 years.

SKINNER!

Banned
soooo that's a "no" then?

Can a PS4 hook up to your Sky box and give you the ultimate home entertainment experience? huh?!

Man, this trolling is hard work.

SteveWD40

soooo that's a "no" then?

Can a PS4 hook up to your Sky box and give you the ultimate home entertainment experience? huh?!

Man, this trolling is hard work.

I don't have Sky, Roku box for netflix / iPlayer / 4OD and beyond that regular freeview.

:D

Only sport I need is MMA and I get that on BT Sport free now.

You've been able to do other things while the TV is on since the year the TV was invented.

She doesn't like it when I stroke off in front of her
she does

SKINNER!

Banned
Unless the Xbox One pulls something spectacular between now and next Spring (When MGS Ground Zeroes is released) it's PS4 all the way. By then hopefully some of the launch titles will drop in price so I'll be able to get some sweet deals too.

SteveWD40

Unless the Xbox One pulls something spectacular between now and next Spring (When MGS Ground Zeroes is released) it's PS4 all the way. By then hopefully some of the launch titles will drop in price so I'll be able to get some sweet deals too.

They seem to have a decent crop of f2p stuff as well, Planetside 2 and Blacklight are both solid.

Reknoc

the only xbox one game that even slightly interests me and makes me a little sad I'm not getting one is the game SWERY is working on.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
And here I am waiting for the pre Christmas offers on a PS3.

Should have bought that GTAV bundle when it was £199…

SmokyDave

I can't wait for it to get here. I did a quick check of what I want to play on it and so far it's...a long list. The PSP games make it so much sweeter though, MHFU and MGSPW alone are both two of the best examples of their genre and combined that's like 400 hours minimum.

Fuck the haters, those of us with significant others who want to watch shit TV all night need our Vita's.

Oh and the remote play thing? Fuck yes. Mike was right, it's true next gen stuff.
Oh man, it's sooooo good. I can pretend to sit and watch Harry Potter with the missus, but actually I'm lost in the silly fun that is Earth Defence Force 2017: Portable.

The Vita does a great job with PSP games, being able to map shit to that right stick is fantastic. I don't really play my PSP library on it though, because I'm balls deep in a huge Vita backlog.

Reknoc

been playing god eater burst on the vita, being able to map the camera to the right stick is so good, makes up for vita games looking a bit poop on the vita

Mikeside

They seem to have a decent crop of f2p stuff as well, Planetside 2 and Blacklight are both solid.

War Thunder is kind-of janky but lots of fun too!
Who else is getting one at launch?

I'm expecting: Jordan, donkey show, Dave (I have faith in you) and Dapperbandit.

Oh man, it's sooooo good. I can pretend to sit and watch Harry Potter with the missus, but actually I'm lost in the silly fun that is Earth Defence Force 2017: Portable.

The Vita does a great job with PSP games, being able to map shit to that right stick is fantastic. I don't really play my PSP library on it though, because I'm balls deep in a huge Vita backlog.

Who'd've thought the Vita backlog would be so huge, though?!
Mine's incredible. I thought there were no games for this fucking thing.

Jordan

War Thunder is kind-of janky but lots of fun too!
Who else is getting one at launch?

I'm expecting: Jordan, donkey show, Dave (I have faith in you) and Dapperbandit.

Who'd've thought the Vita backlog would be so huge, though?!
Mine's incredible. I thought there were no games for this fucking thing.

You'd be wrong. PC Gamer

8bit

Knows the Score
Hell no. Substitutes don't work.

Nope, no drugs. Just stopped.

And it's not been difficult so far, but it's early days.

Just wondering as I tried to stop with patches before, but having them on overnight led to some serious weird dreams. Cold turkey worked in the end though, I had woken one morning with lungs full of tar and decided to stop there. I am weak when out drinking but I've got an e-cigarette these days for that particular craving.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Went out last night, got trollied in a few clubs and returned home with my phone and my wallet but alas no keys, and not just any old keys! My fucking pub keys so I had to text my boss at 2am... I don't think he is particularly pleased...

When we got home we were my phone goes off and my flatmate see's I have a message from somebody so not wanting to be rude, he doesn't read the message.....INSTEAD he gets the recipients number and texts her from his own phone inquiring if it's anything important..He also set an alarm for me so I didn't wake up late for work

I lol'd but I think it's kinda weird and I didn't know how to react

Thoughts?

Also the girl he texted was pretty hot and he could've seen the picture of her when she text me....

Skype with Tash culminating in him turning down a dramatic reading of my book, followed by much tongue.

Tonight is an OK night.

Tonight my friend we dine in hell

Just wondering as I tried to stop with patches before, but having them on overnight led to some serious weird dreams. Cold turkey worked in the end though, I had woken one morning with lungs full of tar and decided to stop there. I am weak when out drinking but I've got an e-cigarette these days for that particular craving.

If you still have cravings for cigarettes that's gotta suck. You should try reading the Allen Carr book Easyway to Give Up Smoking. Even if you've already given up it may help you get rid of those lingering cravings.

Good luck Musha. It's hard as fuck but I've seen enough people really benefit from it to know it's 5000% worth it.

Thanks Coldman. I've done it twice before and it wasn't hard either of those times either. It maybe the ease of it that actually got me back smoking both times, but hopefully I know better this time.

Andy hasn't said anything yet, I'm not sure if he's noticed...

Went out last night, got trollied in a few clubs and returned home with my phone and my wallet but alas no keys, and not just any old keys! My fucking pub keys so I had to text my boss at 2am... I don't think he is particularly pleased...

When we got home we were my phone goes off and my flatmate see's I have a message from somebody so not wanting to be rude, he doesn't read the message.....INSTEAD he gets the recipients number and texts her from his own phone inquiring if it's anything important..He also set an alarm for me so I didn't wake up late for work

Thoughts?

Also the girl he texted was pretty hot and he could've seen the picture of her when she text me....

I enjoyed this episode of The Tashbrooke Show, the cliff hanger at the end has me hyped for the next one

Mikeside

Thoughts?

Skype me tonight and I'll do the reading. It's going to be like storytime in play school, except indie.

8bit

Knows the Score
If you still have cravings for cigarettes that's gotta suck. You should try reading the Allen Carr book Easyway to Give Up Smoking. Even if you've already given up it may help you get rid of those lingering cravings.

Drunk me is a dick that buys cigarettes but I'm rarely out drinking these days.

SmokyDave

Nope, no drugs. Just stopped.

And it's not been difficult so far, but it's early days.
Cool, that Champix stuff is dodgy as fuck.

I managed to quit without any kind of NRT and felt much better for it. Well, right up until I started smoking again anyway. It gets a lot easier after the first week or so, once you start feeling the benefits. Good luck!

I managed to quit without any kind of NRT and felt much better for it. Well, right up until I started smoking again anyway. It gets a lot easier after the first week or so, once you start feeling the benefits. Good luck!

Thanks Dude. Are you still smoking now? Need to stop before that baby comes! If you are then it might be worth giving this a try.

pgJY4Ad.png

Mikeside

dat feel when you walk right by a hidden unlockable and don't even collect it.

I feel bad for ya CHEEZMO. Did you at least mark it on your map to go back to later?

I never had any issues with Champix, but then again I never really get bad side effects from medicines, drugs, etc. Those lucid dreams I got were awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom