• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
Er, Nigeria?

Btw, you've won the lottery CS, if you send me £5k, I can PM you the details of your winning ticket and how you can claim your $1,000,000 Nigerian winnings.

this sounds like an investment. i would do this CS but shamefully i cant get the money together at the moment.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
two things I think are funny-

1. Nigeria lmao
2. I fell sorry for normal people in nigera who can't use eBay because everyone thinks they are scammers

that's called schadenfreude yo

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You'd think the fact that he mentioned Nigeria at all would have set off warning bells though.

But it does bring up a good question: Why does it seem like so many scams are (or claim to be) based in Nigeria? What makes it such an attractive destination for wealthy princes and companies offering 'once-in-a-lifetime' opportunities?

If you don't to get the shit ripped out of you either don't post that stuff here, or don't do stupid stuff. Honestly, the first mention of Nigeria should have led you to contact eBay about a scam and cancel the sale. Nigeria is notorious for phishing scams.

^Jedeye - LMAO at point 2!

Mikeside

Saturday.

Really fucking suspicious with that tracking number, man.
Here's your action plan:

• Go to Royal Mail, find out why your tracking number doesn't work. If they can provide proof of delivery, great, if not then demand to claim through their insurance.
  • Go to the police. Give them the tracking number you got from Royal Mail (along with the proof of delivery if it exists). Also give them details of the address you sent to and any correspondence you've had regarding the item. Get a crime number.
  • Inform PayPal and eBay of all that's happened. Give them the crime reference number. Chase up on whether they're going to refund you the final value fee.

To be fair it's a really shitty thing that's happened to Cyanide and it's not very nice to take the piss out of someone when they're down, no matter how stupid they've been. He posted about it here because he wanted help, not abuse. So everyone just give him a break yeah?

Props to the people actually giving good advice and trying to help, especially Mike once again, our resident hero.

Mikeside

But I got the number from the Post Office, how can it be suspicious?

Suspicious may be the wrong word - I just mean you need to check up on it & find out what's going on with. If your tracking number doesn't work, Royal Mail are accountable.

But yeah, it might just take a couple days to go live.

Symphonia

Banned
eBay have said if no payment is received by Friday, then I can close the dispute and claim a Final Value Fee of £345.99. That will then take a month to go into my eBay account which I can then transfer to Paypal, then take another 3-5 days to transfer from Paypal to my debit card. In the mean time, though, I'm still phone less. Unless, and this is just more stupidity on my part, can I claim a new phone from O2/UK, still get the £345.99 and then sell the new iPhone?

I feel so fucking useless.

Jordan

Why would you be able to claim the phone from O2?

Getting money back from eBay and then selling the phone O2 send you is fraud.

Jordan

It technically won't be when eBay refund you. Plus, getting a phone back from insurance requires you paying an excess of £50 and from what I already gather, you don't have that money.

Mikeside

I'm not saying I will but that phone is classified as stolen. My insurance covers theft.

You can claim on insurance (with a crime reference number you'll get when you report this to the police), but you'll have to tell eBay about that.

With that, you'll have to pay your excess (if there is one) and you'll get a new phone
You can then sell THAT on eBay, but check your Paypal account for verified payment and wait for it to clear into your account before you ship it (and never ship to an address that isn't sent to you with your Paypal payment confirmation email)

edit: also Paypal clear funds into your account within 2 hours nowadays

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
This is actually brilliant analysis, thanks for the link.

"Far-fetched tales of West African riches strike most as comical. Our analysis suggests this is an advantage to the attacker, not a disadvantage. Since his attack has a low density of victims the Nigerian scammer has an over-riding need to reduce false positives. By sending an email that repels all but the most guillible the scammer gets the most promising marks to self-select, and tilts the true to false positive ratio in his favor."
mindblown.gif

SKINNER!

Banned
i bet this is your favorite advert

i bet this is your favorite

your favorite

dyeHb.gif

Mikeside

One weird thing about the Royal Mail is that they have two pages for tracking details:
http://www.royalmail.com/track-trace

and

http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails

Sometimes when I've imported something I've founded my tracking number works on one but not the other. Wacky old Royal Mail that.

YOU FUCKING BEAUTY

The bastard collected the package from Birmingham depot. FUCK YES.

I COULD FUCK YOU

BGBW is, as ever, the hero BritGAF needs.
Well in, mate.

Symphonia

Banned
Here's the plan. Give the fucker until Friday to pay. If he pays, fine, I'll take the payment and leave it be - but I will post negative feedback on his eBay. If he doesn't pay, I have substantial evidence (statements on Paypal, emails on system, the working tracking number showing he collected the package) to lodge a claim at the police station and I'm sure they'll track him down. eBay and Paypal will have more evidence to collect a payment too.

Symphonia

Banned
Who knew that importing figurines could come in handy one day?
Honestly, man, I owe you so much. You going to the Christmas meet? If so, I owe you a drink or two. I already owe Dave, Mike, Musha and Ninja a drink. It's gonna be a friggin' good night :D

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Lost it at Nigeria

Cyanide, who's alt are you

Edit:Will be replying to previous posts when I'm back from work

Also Mike answer your fucking phone when I will home from work or I'll murder you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom