• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
CHEEZMO™;89454167 said:
BGBBW's animu figurine collection finally pays off.
Tears of joy, stream down my face

iW3GHgd.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcfTpHa0nOw

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I'm pretty fed up right now, to be fair.
Drove up to Newcastle on Friday night (arriving at the hotel at 11pm), worked a 15 hour day on Saturday and got home after 10pm... for £70.
Xmas bonus is supposed to be meaty, though and my job review is coming up in the next few weeks (feels like I've been saying that forever)

If it doesn't all work out by end of 2013, I'm probably going to take everyone's advice and jump ship.

What's got you feeling crap, Tash? Work still full of idiots and arseholes or do the long hours have you down?
Hey man, if i get fired you could employ me as your roadtrip companion, you will have to pay for me to get wasted when we go out on a good ol' shant though

Loads of stuff has got me feeling crap, Work is still full of bumheads, long hours are hard and still feeling in the dark about family matters.. I just want to see cool people and feel better, yes. that means you sir
I am good but a bit stressed, most of which is my own making. NaNo is hanging heavily on around my neck, once I make a stupid boast that I can totes write a book in a month it's something I have to follow through with. Which means the majority of my time is spent alternately plotting, or worrying I have no plot. This is compounded this week by my wife's art show tonight and PFG shows both tomorrow and Friday. Plus work is actually busy do I can't write so much at work.
You can do it man, you have a pretty wicked imagination teamed with a witty way with words sir, I have faith

I feel I've missed the joke. I scrolled back a few posts and saw no reference.

I'm confused...

Ninja's Monday:

Planned to get away from work early to see ma boi and the lady at 2:30, got everything done nice and early until the shit hit the fan with the fire alarm system at The Post Office just before I was due to leave.

Cue much stressage as I tried to sort it out. Got some help from my buddy, told him I really had to go and told him to get it sorted on his own.

Came home at 2, left my phone on worried that he would struggle. Got loads of phone calls while I was off the clock which of course sucks. My bro didn't show up until half 4. Fuck you Ross!

But it's cool, had some good crack and a few beers with them. They just left, now I'm sitting here getting smashed listening to tunes.

Yiss.
much stress but a good outcome, enjoy your beer sir as I am enjoying mine!
10809140405_b10be92007.jpg

Mikeside

Hey man, if i get fired you could employ me as your roadtrip companion, you will have to pay for me to get wasted when we go out on a good ol' shant though

Loads of stuff has got me feeling crap, Work is still full of bumheads, long hours are hard and still feeling in the dark about family matters.. I just want to see cool people and feel better, yes. that means you sir

You can do it man, you have a pretty wicked imagination teamed with a witty way with words sir, I have faith

much stress but a good outcome, enjoy your beer sir as I am enjoying mine!
10809140405_b10be92007.jpg

Mate, it ain't looking good for seeing you this month :(

Working every weekend except the one coming up.

If you're free on sundays, maybe I can come down on my way back from work on a saturday night and we can hang out on a sunday?
If not, we may have to wait for one of the many britgaf meetings in december, or I'll come hang over my xmas time off?

Rubbish King

Mate, it ain't looking good for seeing you this month :(

Working every weekend except the one coming up.

If you're free on sundays, maybe I can come down on my way back from work on a saturday night and we can hang out on a sunday?
If not, we may have to wait for one of the many britgaf meetings in december, or I'll come hang over my xmas time off?
We'll work something out
CHEEZMO™;89465059 said:
why is your thumb so fucking big jesus

because I've got a massive cock

jimbor

Banned
Here's the plan. Give the fucker until Friday to pay. If he pays, fine, I'll take the payment and leave it be - but I will post negative feedback on his eBay. If he doesn't pay, I have substantial evidence (statements on Paypal, emails on system, the working tracking number showing he collected the package) to lodge a claim at the police station and I'm sure they'll track him down. eBay and Paypal will have more evidence to collect a payment too.

Why are you giving him until Friday to pay? He's already tried to scam you.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Wha gwan BGAF? Quiet in here today after last night's drama, how's tricks?

Mrs Sniv's art show last night was great, she sold paintings and everything, much success. I got cornered by some of her more boring friends though, and I could see far more interesting conversations going on elsewhere. I'm too damn nice to boring people.

NinjaBoiX

Some kid with a sausage roll just got told off by her dad because she was eating the bag at the same time.

A ringing endorsement of the wholesome goodness and wonderfully balanced flavours of Gregg's baked goods if ever I saw one.
I got cornered by some of her more boring friends though, and I could see far more interesting conversations going on elsewhere. I'm too damn nice to boring people.
Jed a disingenuous sycophant confirmed.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Some kid with a sausage roll just got told off by her dad because she was eating the bag at the same time.

A ringing endorsement of the wholesome goodness and wonderfully balanced flavours of Gregg's baked goods if ever I saw one.

Jed a disingenuous sycophant confirmed.

I had some girl telling me about her boring ass job in a clothes shop. for like 20 fucking minutes. I make it a rule to only talk about work in passing, it is not and never has been interesting, I don't know why she thought it was a good thing to talk about.

I hate small talk. I ended up telling them about furries, that was more fun.

I got cornered by some of her more boring friends though, and I could see far more interesting conversations going on elsewhere. I'm too damn nice to boring people.

This always happens to me. I always get stuck with boring people, but I'm too nice to just leave. I usually end up making an excuse like I need the loo, but then they just corner me again later. I need something concrete to make them not want to talk to me at all, like telling them I'm a satanist or something.

The bag provides much needed roughage and essential inks.

SteveWD40

Man, that Dead Rising 3 thread on gaming side is fucking nuts.

I love generational transitions. Most exciting time in gaming.

I love that usenet gaming arguments thead, old gaming comments from the 90's onwards, it's funny to see how nothing has changed but also see what was being said about my first generational shift, back when I was about 13 and the Mega Drive hit. Lots of people back then didn't even think new hardware was coming from Nintendo, that gaming hardware would be static.

Many Americans were up in arms when the SNES was announced and wasn't BC.

Recall

Moved from Manchester to South Yorkshire going on 5 years now and this is so how I feel:
mRTb7IG.jpg

Yes I have my fiancé and Son but just no peeps to go grab a beer with or just chill and play games once I have my bit of free time. I should be used to it by now but just can't shrug it off.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Moved from Manchester to South Yorkshire going on 5 years now and this is so how I feel:
mRTb7IG.jpg

Yes I have my fiancé and Son but just no peeps to go grab a beer with or just chill and play games once I have my bit of free time. I should be used to it by now but just can't shrug it off.

Sucks man. I don't think I'd ever move somewhere where I didn't know anyone, it's hard to make new friends when you're older.

Find a pub and ingratiate yourself I guess :)

8bit

Knows the Score
Sucks man. I don't think I'd ever move somewhere where I didn't know anyone, it's hard to make new friends when you're older.

Find a pub and ingratiate yourself I guess :)

Failing this, is South Yorkshire that far from Manchester? Couldn't you go back for a weekend and catch up? I'm sure a recharge would do you the power of good.

Otherwise get to work on another child and you won't have any free time to wish away.

Rubbish King

mRTb7IG.jpg

know that feel bro, been in portsmouth for almost 10 months, my new flatmate is cool to have a beer with occasionally but it's not really chill, he's someone I can get smashed with but im not convinced he's bro-bro material

I'm getting there though, come to a GAF meet man! Loads of swell people you can meet of all ages! Only con is it only happens a few times a year, but there are tonnes of mini meets!

mRTb7IG.jpg

I moved from South Wales to London at the age of 24, leaving behind a close group of friends. I stupidly thought at that age it would be really difficult to make new friends, especially close ones. 7 years later I have more and better friends than I ever did in Wales. I got to know people in work, met my boyfriend and got to know his friends, chatted to random people when out pubbing/clubbing.

Is there no one at your work you get on with? Does your fiancé have friends?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I moved from South Wales to London at the age of 24, leaving behind a close group of friends. I stupidly thought at that age it would be really difficult to make new friends, especially close ones. 7 years later I have more and better friends than I ever did in Wales. I got to know people in work, met my boyfriend and got to know his friends, chatted to random people when out pubbing/clubbing.

Is there no one at your work you get on with? Does your fiancé have friends?

London is about 1000% cooler than south Yorkshire however :p Whenever I'm in London I feel overwhelmed by possibilities and love it. I assume that's not the case oop north, or in most other non-cities.

jimbor

Banned
London is about 1000% cooler than south Yorkshire however :p Whenever I'm in London I feel overwhelmed by possibilities and love it. I assume that's not the case oop north, or in most other non-cities.

Most of my closest friends moved out of London, I have no idea why the fuck they'd do that. It's not like they've done it to get married and raise kids.

NinjaBoiX

I'm excited and slightly anxious about moving to Manchester next year. Excited by the possibilities of a buzzing, thriving city and all the culture that comes with that, but I'm obviously a bit anxious diving in to new surroundings and making new friends. It's cool that ma boi is down there to smooth the transition, but yeah, it's a daunting proposition truth be told!

I just need to get out of Sunderland man, I feel like I know everyone worth knowing in this city, you could probably cram all the residents into a small swimming pool. You walk down the street and it's like "alright mate" to a decent portion of the people you walk past. Which is great if you feel you've set your roots down, but a bit depressing when it serves as a wake up call that you've probably got all you're going to get out of the place.

So yeah, Manchester, Summer 2014. Mad for it innit!
I know that feels man.
BPjJW1L.gif

NinjaBoiX

Does not compute.
Fuck London man, it's too much. It's too big as well, it takes ages to get anywhere. It's a nice place to visit, but I think I'd go mental living there. The buzz about the place is electric, when we came out of Regent St underground on the summer meet, I was blown away; gorgeous buildings, swarms of people, music filling the air, it was amazing.

But Manchester is like a condensed version, all the best places to see are a kick in the arse from each other. And the music scene is ridonkulous. Culture wise, I'd say there isn't much to separate the two. Manchester spawned the better bands though. ;)

Manchester regularly gets voted as one of the best cities in the world to live too, usually beating London. It's a nice middle ground of being a vibrant, culturally relevant city, without being overly crowded and frankly too big.

SteveWD40

Manchester regularly gets voted as one of the best cities in the world to live too, usually beating London. It's a nice middle ground of being a vibrant, culturally relevant city, without being overly crowded and frankly too big.

Nailed it. It has most of the same stuff London has, just less of it. You can eat in amazing places, go to bars / clubs / gigs and cool social stuff (webcast Shakespeare in town squares etc...) and all easier than London because it's not so overcrowded.

I love London, if I was rich I would live there probably (or NYC) but Manchester is great for practicality's sake.

Don't fret making friends, you can hang with me and mine for a start, until you decide we are old and sad ;)

f0rk

Ninja is going to get kicked out the clique because he likes not spending silly money on a nice flat and being able to walk everywhere.

NinjaBoiX

ninja x meadows girlfriend
What's this "meadows girlfriend" thing? I think it was before my time. (I know meadows, ME avatar, but the girlfriend thing is lost on me!)
Nailed it. It has most of the same stuff London has, just less of it. You can eat in amazing places, go to bars / clubs / gigs and cool social stuff (webcast Shakespeare in town squares etc...) and all easier than London because it's not so overcrowded.

I love London, if I was rich I would live there probably (or NYC) but Manchester is great for practicality's sake.

Don't fret making friends, you can hang with me and mine for a start, until you decide we are old and sad ;)
Exactly. The stairwell in Affleck Palace is plastered with posters advertising loads of different shit to see and do. There is probably more happening in any given weekend than you'd get all year in my humble hamlet.

We'll definitely hang out Steve, mos def. Hystzen too.
Ninja is going to get kicked out the clique because he likes not spending silly money on a nice flat and being able to walk everywhere.
Another good point. The accommodation costs in London are a piss take.
he'll form a new one Cheezmo
"But which clique is better?"
w2Vwom0.jpg

jimbor

Banned
CHEEZMO™;89526567 said:
A MancGAF clique wouldn't be full of Southerners and therefor superior by default.

You'd need somebody to bail you lot out when you can't afford the bar tab. Either that or do a runner which I imagine is in your northern dna.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Chinner will you come to a furmeet with me at the end of the month? I think there's bowling planned and I dont want to go alone plus last time there was an avian there so you could talk with him if you get bored.

Just picked up my Secret Santa gift for one lucky individual.

Either they are going to love it or have no idea what to do with it or both. It will undoubtedly cause confusion any time someone that isn't the lucky individual sees it. I would have much respect if the lucky individual kept it.

I'm going to need to see an unboxing and reaction video when the day comes, but that's all in due course...

Hystzen

Man I was so cynical that ass creed 4 was going be terrible but but it's fucking brilliant. Helps Edward is a Welsh Manc and is badass he gives zero fucks about assassins and Templar crap. Now think about everybadass character in this game is Welsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom