• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

I think you totally should. And I wouldn't.

Watching music tv and Miley Cyrus Wrecking Ball just came on.

I really like it guys, I think it's a genuinely good song.

She has morphed into Bieber though.

Then I may infact take you up on the offer.
Look at how often I'm forcing myself on you guys, it's downright disgraceful.

Can we agree no Miley at NYE?

Just got a really heavy package in the mail. I don't think it's secret Santa but I could be wrong.

Sorry mate, but it is your SS gift. I've sent you an Xbox One. Crane should be arriving in the next few days to get it up to your apartment.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Hey guys how are we all doing? I feel like reading some peoples stories today

I'm feeling pretty shitty, but I suppose things could be worse, it's one of those days that I'm feeling sick of it all and I just wanna fuck off somewhere for a week or 10 to reflect on life and reassess my goals in lyf

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You motherfuckers have no patience it seems. Next Gen isn't even that exciting.
I'm really getting concerned about my payment not coming through on Paypal.

Patience, grasshopper. You did email them less than 48 hours ago. Do you not deal with businesses regularly? Someone in an office somewhere has to still read your email and then someone else authorizes the payment to go through.

Give them a few business days (this means weekday) to read your request and sort you through the system.

Mikeside

I'm feeling pretty shitty, but I suppose things could be worse, it's one of those days that I'm feeling sick of it all and I just wanna fuck off somewhere for a week or 10 to reflect on life and reassess my goals in lyf

I'm pretty fed up right now, to be fair.
Drove up to Newcastle on Friday night (arriving at the hotel at 11pm), worked a 15 hour day on Saturday and got home after 10pm... for £70.
Xmas bonus is supposed to be meaty, though and my job review is coming up in the next few weeks (feels like I've been saying that forever)

If it doesn't all work out by end of 2013, I'm probably going to take everyone's advice and jump ship.

What's got you feeling crap, Tash? Work still full of idiots and arseholes or do the long hours have you down?

I'm really getting concerned about my payment not coming through on Paypal.

As long as the actual payment is showing you should be fine.
What website did you sell through?
Give Paypal a call and ask them to explain the situation & I'm sure they'll ease your concerns about it.

Symphonia

Banned
As long as the actual payment is showing you should be fine.
What website did you sell through? Give Paypal a call and ask them to explain the situation & I'm sure they'll ease your concerns about it.
It's not. It says my balance is £0.00.

I don't have a phone. My landlord didn't get a housephone and it was my mobile I sold.

Fuck, I just know that I've been ripped off.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I am good but a bit stressed, most of which is my own making. NaNo is hanging heavily on around my neck, once I make a stupid boast that I can totes write a book in a month it's something I have to follow through with. Which means the majority of my time is spent alternately plotting, or worrying I have no plot. This is compounded this week by my wife's art show tonight and PFG shows both tomorrow and Friday. Plus work is actually busy do I can't write so much at work.

It's not even white people problems, it's wannabe artist problems.

You motherfuckers have no patience it seems. Next Gen isn't even that exciting.

This man knows the score.

I'm pretty fed up right now, to be fair.

Sorry to hear that buddy. The universe is either trying to teach you that good karma pays off, or it's about to show you that people may take advantage of your generous nature. I guess the next couple of months will show you which :)

Btw, how's everyone's NaNovels coming? Musha, Jordan? Miiiike?

Don't tell me I'm the only idiot still doing mine :p

Mikeside

It's not. It says my balance is £0.00.

I don't have a phone. My landlord didn't get a housephone and it was my mobile I sold.

Fuck, I just know that I've been ripped off.

In your transaction history is there anything to suggest a pending incoming transaction?

Did you ever see the money going into your Paypal account? If not it sounds like you jumped the gun on shipping your phone & they've not actually paid yet.

Even if so, it sounds more like they paid with an echeque and it hasn't cleared yet - again, if so, you might've been too quick to ship, though hopefully it'll still clear,.

Sorry to hear that buddy. The universe is either trying to teach you that good karma pays off, or it's about to show you that people may take advantage of your generous nature. I guess the next couple of months will show you which :)

C'mooon karma. Daddy needs a better paying job, a cute, nerdy girlfriend and a sudden ability to sing & play guitar.
That's how karma works, right?

I'm slowly plugging at the book - working the weekend really fucked me, though.
I really doubt I'm gonna make it to 50k this month (working every weekend except the one coming up) but I'm going to try my hardest & get to 50k even if it eats into December.

NinjaBoiX

who else is up for mcbusted??
I feel I've missed the joke. I scrolled back a few posts and saw no reference.

I'm confused...

Ninja's Monday:

Planned to get away from work early to see ma boi and the lady at 2:30, got everything done nice and early until the shit hit the fan with the fire alarm system at The Post Office just before I was due to leave.

Cue much stressage as I tried to sort it out. Got some help from my buddy, told him I really had to go and told him to get it sorted on his own.

Came home at 2, left my phone on worried that he would struggle. Got loads of phone calls while I was off the clock which of course sucks. My bro didn't show up until half 4. Fuck you Ross!

But it's cool, had some good crack and a few beers with them. They just left, now I'm sitting here getting smashed listening to tunes.

Yiss.

I was just thinking this earlier funny enough. Is everyone still on track?

Cyanide, I really hope you haven't been ripped off dude. :(

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
OK Cyanide, let's play a game. Imagine your life is like a choose your own adventure game for a second:

"Oh no, space cadet! Your monies have not been sent yet and you are now without a communication device to contact the homeworlds and hot extra-terrestrial babes. What will you do???"

• If you're concerned but still willing to take a deep breath, call Paypal customer service and talk to an actual person in real life to assuage your concerns, turn to page 125.

• If you're absolutely certain you've been ripped off, your life is in shambles and there's nothing you can do about it except post about it in full detail to the rest of an ambivalent online community, turn to page 32.

• If there is something inside you that pulls beneath the surface, confusing, consuming or if your name is shorty_symd, turn to page 7.

Symphonia

Banned
Well, checking through Google, it sounds like a scam. Great. So I'm an iPhone down, at a loss of £400 and I owe Dave £30. This is just fantastic. Karma, I imagine. Urgh.

Chinner

Banned
hey guys just figured out something cool

- wrap your blanket around your neck and you'll have a poncho. now you can pretend to be a cowboy!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

- wrap your blanket around your neck and you'll have a poncho! now you can pretend to be a cowboy!
Thus continues Chinner's descent into madness.

This is what happens when you're unemployed for too long.

Let it serve as a warning.

Then I may infact take you up on the offer.
Look at how often I'm forcing myself on you guys, it's downright disgraceful.

Can we agree no Miley at NYE?

I can't promise that.

Ummmm well I haven't completely given up on it yet, but I am way, way behind. The main difficulty I've had is Andy. He doesn't want me doing it while he's around because he doesn't like being on his own and needs attention. But he doesn't like me doing it after he goes to bed because he doesn't like going to bed on his own. I can't win. I know I should just man up and tell him to put up with it, but I feel bad for making him feel bad.

You don't, but most airlines require a photo ID these days. So, if you don't have a driver's license you basically need your passport.

Ah ok that makes sense, thanks.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

- wrap your blanket around your neck and you'll have a poncho. now you can pretend to be a cowboy!

I actually have a poncho, so there.

I can't promise that.

Ummmm well I haven't completely given up on it yet, but I am way, way behind. The main difficulty I've had is Andy. He doesn't want me doing it while he's around because he doesn't like being on his own and needs attention. But he doesn't like me doing it after he goes to bed because he doesn't like going to bed on his own. I can't win. I know I should just man up and tell him to put up with it, but I feel bad for making him feel bad.

Ah ok that makes sense, thanks.

Yes you definitely need to ovary up! Andy is standing in the way of your self actualisation maaan. Get to it! I want at least 25k out of you by Friday y'hear??!

Mikeside

Mate, I looked at the email you PMed to me and yeah, it's definitely 100% a scam.

It mentions that Paypal are holding the money in an escrow account. Paypal don't do that.

I don't think there's much you can do :/

Mikeside

eBay and Paypal are pretty shit when it comes to seller protection, to be honest. I'd give it a go because it's gotta be worth trying, but in my experience if a buyer fucks you over, you're fucked.

Jordan

Great.

Fucking great.

This is not what I need right now.

Assuming you sent by tracking royal mail, and you borrowed £30 off of Dave then you put insurance on the package... Then just claim back through Royal Mail saying it was given to the wrong person and the person you were sending to didn't receive the product.

Mikeside

Assuming you sent by tracking royal mail, and you borrowed £30 off of Dave then you put insurance on the package... Then just claim back through Royal Mail saying it was given to the wrong person and the person you were sending to didn't receive the product.

This - and if they DID sign for it then you have a name to give the police when you report it as stolen.

SteveWD40

This is your best bet, if it's insured via them.

Don't just fold, ebay may wilt if you push hard enough.

Symphonia

Banned
Would it be the full £395 I can claim back?

Jordan

Depends on how you paid for postage... You choose a band of which the insurance is needed. >£100, £100-£250, £250-£500 etc etc...

Symphonia

Banned
£395? looks like it sold for about £350?

Whatever the guy paid you should be able to claim
Aye, he originally agreed to pay £395 - and claimed it was on hold in Paypal - so I could post it to Nigeria. That alone should of set off warning bells. eBay are claiming they can pay me for £345.99 as a Final Value Fee. So, that looks like something, but I have to wait four days before I can claim it.

Mikeside

Aye, he originally agreed to pay £395 - and claimed it was on hold in Paypal - so I could post it to Nigeria. That alone should of set off warning bells. eBay are claiming they can pay me for £345.99 as a Final Value Fee. So, that looks like something, but I have to wait four days before I can claim it.

Oh dude... it went to Nigeria?
Yeah, that was always gonna be a scam.

Wait out on ebay's FVF payout and hopefully that'll sort it.

Er, Nigeria?

Btw, you've won the lottery CS, if you send me £5k, I can PM you the details of your winning ticket and how you can claim your $1,000,000 Nigerian winnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom