• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
CHEEZMO™;89527853 said:
Chinner will you come to a furmeet with me at the end of the month? I think there's bowling planned and I dont want to go alone plus last time there was an avian there so you could talk with him if you get bored.

yVO6LmA.gif

no

Jordan

Not to pick at the past, but if you're going to tell us that the day is better or the day has been shit can you be just a little bit less vague instead of waiting for the response before telling us?

Symphonia

Banned
Not to pick at the past, but if you're going to tell us that the day is better or the day has been shit can you be just a little bit less vague instead of waiting for the response before telling us?
Well, let's face it, any day compared to yesterday is better.

Lirlond

Glasgow and Manchester are the places to be. No music scene beats glasgows. The people are great. The beer is cheap. Theres culture oozing out the doorknobs.

We'll it all comes down to personal taste I guess. I wouldn't live anywhere else but London now. I love the hustle and bustle, the diversity, the history and the people. It's like 100 cities in one and has everything I could want.

Yeah I tick most of those boxes. Give me enough booze though and I almost transform into the opposite personality type.

We'll it all comes down to personal taste I guess. I wouldn't live anywhere else but London now. I love the hustle and bustle, the diversity, the history and the people. It's like 100 cities in one and has everything I could want.

I'd love to have the money to have a place in London in zone one or two, right in the heart of the city. Even then I wouldn't live stay there much, people are too cold and cut off.

Symphonia

Banned
See, now I've always been a 'country boy' - I spent the majority of my life growing up in a small village in the middle of nowhere. I loved it when I was kid, and even enjoyed it as a teenager, but it got boring fast.

I now live in a small town south of Birmingham, which is ideal, as it has everything I want, and yet I want more. I can honestly see myself moving into the city soon enough but what city is beyond me. I've only been to London once and I felt really closed in, haha D:

A relatively minor dilemma but need the hivemind.

It is getting to the stage of the year where despite my best efforts, converse are not footwear suitable for every single day. Normally for when it gets quite wet/snowy, I tend to get a ten pound pair of boots from Shoe Zone or whatever and they'll disintergrate by end of January. I should probably have some longer lasting ones. But it seems the only choices for boots are either £10 or £70 with little in between. If anyone can suggest a shop that may be say, in between those, that would be helpful. Me no good shops.

8bit

Knows the Score

It is getting to the stage of the year where despite my best efforts, converse are not footwear suitable for every single day. Normally for when it gets quite wet/snowy, I tend to get a ten pound pair of boots from Shoe Zone or whatever and they'll disintergrate by end of January. I should probably have some longer lasting ones. But it seems the only choices for boots are either £10 or £70 with little in between. If anyone can suggest a shop that may be say, in between those, that would be helpful. Me no good shops.

Go to shoe zone, get 10 pound pair of boots. Now find a pair of boots big enough to cover those boots. Replace when disintegrated keeping core boots intact. Viola!

f0rk

I'm not an expert but I'm not sure anything in the middle would hold up better than the £10 ones. I see Wolverine 1000s recommended a lot but they are like £300.

I'm not an expert but I'm not sure anything in the middle would hold up better than the £10 ones. I see Wolverine 1000s recommended a lot but they are like £300.

This is why asking is useful. Actually in many things the mid-market isn't much of a thing anymore, and it's hard to tell if they're actually better or as you say just shit.

jimbor

Banned
This is why asking is useful. Actually in many things the mid-market isn't much of a thing anymore, and it's hard to tell if they're actually better or as you say just shit.

I've got a good pair of Merrell hiking boots. They cost me seventy quid last year and are waterproof and hard wearing. Not much help for your middle range there.

SKINNER!

Banned
I'm kinda in the same boat too Jonathan. Apart from converse and work shoes all I got are my trainers...which would've been ideal if they weren't goddamn suede :/ Hoping I find some sweet deals in the boxing day sales or something.

NinjaBoiX

Fuck, every point applies except the tube one. Who the fuck sits on the end? I don't want to have to give my seat up for some old or pregnant lazy fuck.
I don't give up my seat for pregnant ladies anymore after what happened last time. Put it this way, I'd rather see a pregnant lady standing up than a fat girl sitting down crying.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Looks like NanoWriMo was too much for BritGAF. No one who signed up is anywhere close to the benchmark.

You've all let Jedeye down.

Fuck, every point applies except the tube one. Who the fuck sits on the end? I don't want to have to give my seat up for some old or pregnant lazy fuck.

I don't give up my seat for pregnant ladies anymore after what happened last time. Put it this way, I'd rather see a pregnant lady standing up than a fat girl sitting down crying.

I really, really hope you both are joking.

Looks like NanoWriMo was too much for BritGAF. No one who signed up is anywhere close to the benchmark.

Oh shit, I totally forgot to update my word count in the thread!

Thing from tonight's Newsnight I can't help but share.

YaF4KZTl.jpg

(And about right. GOOD NITE. Off to bed. Teaching tomorrow and waking up in the morning is no fun.)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

it's true, they have. I wasn't even going to do it myself until these lot said they would. Now I'm all stressed and tired and don't want to stop. Damn them.

Got nothing done today because I went and rocked some bitches.

TCRS

Banned

http://www.sarenza.co.uk/HomeMan.as...es":["en"],"IsMulti":false,"IsInvert":false}}

adjust the price range. the cheapest one is £33.50. Free delivery, free exchanges within 100 days, free returns within 100 days. But if you can afford it invest in some proper boots like Timberlands or something. I love mine.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You know what sucks more than a hoover? The mark I just got on my Logarithms test. Keep this up and I'll have to join Kentpaul in council work. I'll be Green Scarred for life.

*canned laughter*
Got nothing done today because I went and rocked some bitches.
Best excuse possible. In fact, it's not even an excuse, it's life experience. That should count as research.
jackben you should watch VGCW
http://www.twitch.tv/bazza87
Figures I would miss the whole thing because of maths class.

Get a pair of Doc Martens, they will last you forever. And once you break them in, they are super comfy.

8bit

Knows the Score
Get a pair of Doc Martens, they will last you forever. And once you break them in, they are super comfy.

Docs are rubbish these days, nowhere near as hard wearing as they were 20 years ago. Someone recommended Solovair to me recently but I've not had a chance to try the. They're made by the people who used to make Docs in the UK.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Jaysus, proper cold this morning, my feet were like blocks of ice. Got an hour's shuteye on the bus but still not quite enough. Today is going to be a struggle, I can feel it on my bones. Need chill music, feeling a Bill Callahan day coming on.

Need to write 3k today somewhere too. Shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom