• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

Hey if you want to criticize it there are legit avenues you can do that in. But claiming it was made for an audience that didn't even exist when it was made, and mentioning a band that also didn't exist when it was made, is just silly. But I recognized it for a troll which is why I said so.

Mike come on, I don't hold your opinion in high enough regard to take it personally.

You gotta admit that Nightmare before Christmas, Evanescence and gothy scenekids go together like fish and chips, though.

Mikeside

I think Tim Burton would beat Thom Yorke in a fistfight though.

And no, because I actually like fish and chips.

At least we can agree that Evanescence have no value whatsoever

Thom Yorke would lose in a fistfight but he has the advantage of having created things of worth in his lifetime.

jimbor

Banned
If only I had acknowledged it was a troll in my original post...oh wait. Try again, jimmy.True, more of a labor of the entire team and it wasn't even directed by him. Which speaks to its quality more than anything IMO. He was good for ideas at one point in time but too self-involved when he's writer, producer and director.
Calling it a troll but still typing out a long reply makes you even more of a chump, mane.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ok... I guess Beetlejuice is only bad, not utter shit but the rest is royal shit of the highest order. If those films were games they'd be sonic games circa 2006

IMO Beetlejuice and Edward Scissorhands are really his only good movies. Beetlejuice is just really fun, and ES is so immaculately staged and production designed, especially now it's older it makes the design even more garish and odd.

hating on burtons batman films = worst taste in films

I'm perhaps the biggest Batman fan on GAF and I can sadly admit that those films have not aged well at all. Kevin Smith has done some quite interesting commentaries on them recently that really show up how pooey they were.

I think Nightmare Before Christmas is a bit naff too, but my god is it a looker. Oogie-Boogie is so gross! Love it.

I think pretty much every other spooky stop-motion film that followed is better, though. Coraline, ParaNorman, Corpse Bride, the lot.

Coraline and ParaNorman are probably two of my favourite animated films, and Coraline in particular shows that the real talent behind TNBC was Henry Sellick rather than Burton. Also watched James and the Giant Peach with the Mrs (who I was flabbergasted to find hadn't seen it and it is directly in her alley) and that was great too.

Henry Sellick >>> Tim Burton 4 lyf

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
They were made for teenagers who think they're goth and interesting. I don't see a single validating aspect between them.
I'm surprises they've not been remade with Evanescence doing the soundtracks.

You should pour more scorn on Burton for creating those teenagers rather than catering for them. Striped black and white leggings OH SO ORIGINAL
he says having gone through a box of toys we packed in the move a couple of years back and having mrs sniv freak out at all the TNBC toys she'd forgotten she had

NinjaBoiX

Ah where's Evilore when we need him? If ever there was a tag and a post link worthy of a GAFfer...
gif-hayley-williams-18016228-330-194.gif

8bit

Knows the Score
I liked Batman Returns.

I won some radio competition to go to London to see it and go to the afterparty. I got a hug from Catherine Zeta Jones for giving her my Batman balloon. I haven't washed since.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Stuck at the hotel with dick all to do
Somebody call me or something

So.very.bored.

I suppose it depends where the hotel is - but general advice is to get out and do something.

My backstop (for nearly 30 years) was always this - walk towards the town, stop off at some shoddy-looking pub and go have a chat with the oldest guy in there who isn't in a group. I learned a lot through doing that. A lot about myself and what a bumptious twat I was to start with, a lot about whatever town I was in, a lot about talking to (i.e. listening to!) others and usually a lot of local history.

It was interesting.

There are a few places it didn't work: namely Norwich. But usually I ended up with an entertaining evening for the price of a few pints.

Mikeside

I suppose it depends where the hotel is - but general advice is to get out and do something.

My backstop (for nearly 30 years) was always this - walk towards the town, stop off at some shoddy-looking pub and go have a chat with the oldest guy in there who isn't in a group. I learned a lot through doing that. A lot about myself and what a bumptious twat I was to start with, a lot about whatever town I was in, a lot about talking to (i.e. listening to!) others and usually a lot of local history.

It was interesting.

There are a few places it didn't work: namely Norwich. But usually I ended up with an entertaining evening for the price of a few pints.

That's essentially what I've been doing but I have to be up at 6 so tonight is gong to be a very early one. I need this weekend off like you wouldn't believe!

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Did you find out about some interesting family trees in Norwich?

No. In Norwich (alone out of the entire UK and bits of France, Germany, Sweden, Netherlands, Spain) nobody would talk to me.

That's essentially what I've been doing but I have to be up at 6 so tonight is gong to be a very early one. I need this weekend off like you wouldn't believe!

Oh, sod it. PM me your phone number and we'll have a chat if you are that bored!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom